Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

bamhand posted:

Dragon is like Raynor's Hyperion if Hyperion were bad and would miss completely every time you used it and also didn't damage minions or structures.

Dragon also isn't Global like the ult in Overwatch is, which struck me as incongruous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

God that would own if that lovely thing snaked across the map for like five minutes.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"I am Mal'Ganis. I AM A TURTLE."

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

bamhand posted:

Dragon is like Raynor's Hyperion if Hyperion were bad and would miss completely every time you used it and also didn't damage minions or structures.

But Hyperion is complete poo poo

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Hyperion is fine if you're trying to do some medivac cheese strats. Speaking of which, is there a max range that you can medivac away to? Sometimes when placing down the medivac, it'd make my character just walk away instead of placing the beacon.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

I don't think that pronunciation is slurred enough to mistake it as "a turtle".

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Yukari posted:

Hyperion is fine if you're trying to do some medivac cheese strats. Speaking of which, is there a max range that you can medivac away to? Sometimes when placing down the medivac, it'd make my character just walk away instead of placing the beacon.

Yes Medivac has limited range.

Hyperion is also the much better ult and his default pick. It beats Raiders by both pick rate (a whopping 75% vs 25%) and win rate.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Shadowlyger posted:

I don't think that pronunciation is slurred enough to mistake it as "a turtle".

The internet does not care about such things, it hears what it wants to hear.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Being better than banshees (which is debatable to begin with) does not make hyperion good.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Nerf's to Hammer's AA heals and Graduating Range. Bastards.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
Patch notes up. They're all good, if minor, changes.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

e: ^^^ :argh:

To elaborate, patch notes are up:

http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21464985/heroes-of-the-storm-patch-notes-january-24-2018-1-24-2018

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

ToastyPotato posted:

Eager to see how the HotS design team finds a way to give her a titty skin because they literally cannot help themselves.

We have yet to see her bare breasts in WoW so this would be an exciting addition to the lore of her character.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I will admit I'm a little surprised that Valeera is getting across the board buffs.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Speaking of bare breasts, this Sonya nerf actually seems sufficient to bring her down to normal bruiser win rates. Rip free wins.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Kai Tave posted:

I will admit I'm a little surprised that Valeera is getting across the board buffs.

It's the standard buff to the inferior talents, which may not end up being much of a functional buff at all if they're still inferior to the top talent.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

No Wave posted:

Speaking of bare breasts, this Sonya nerf actually seems sufficient to bring her down to normal bruiser win rates. Rip free wins.
The poisoned spear nerf is enough that you can now take the other talents at 7 without your team getting mad!

I had to look up what they were because I could only remember the self-heal at 7.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Spudd posted:

Look I really want it to be her because I'm sure the voice actress smokes 20 packs a day to get that voice and we need more grumpy and angry women in games.

This is basically why I want Ji'nara in the game http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Ji%27nara She's basically as minor as a Starcraft character can get but she sounds like a real bitch which aside from Kerrigan and Syaelvainuus a little bit, is missing from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIMpmZDFp4

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

its probably murky

murky 2.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Kai Tave posted:

After the post-rework nerfs she immediately dropped to near the very bottom of the winrates because she could no longer kill squishies during silence and that was the only thing she could do.

It may be that she needs another rework before she can be allowed to be good because people just don't like losing most of their health to a single character while helpless for some reason.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Teaser #2:
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/956225099501219841

Not to be confused with #1:
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/955862712059248641

And here is that WoW cinematic that people have mentioned:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAOi078QTZg&t=83s

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 24, 2018

kater
Nov 16, 2010

How have they not added any other diablo prime evils by now? Both Mephisto and Baal are like born annoying moba characters. Instead fifty angels nobody knew existed?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cuntellectual posted:

They're basically big magic compasses you can shiv people with according to a random bit of info you can find on one, iirc.

You also can't throw them, apparently.

Cordana Felsong would like to disagree with you. http://www.wowhead.com/spell=197513

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jan 24, 2018

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I've been playing for about two months, and have all but seven heroes to 5 now. Am I a horrible person for playing Cho'gall in QM? It is too much fun. Going Cho'Gall with a friend is a fun way to dull the pain of the losing streaks from leveling heroes like Chen. I think I have Cho at level 16 now, with all of the smashing.

I enjoy making a game out of the runic blast quest, constantly bowling and trying to get the stacks as high as possible. I feel like once 16 hits he goes into overdrive between surging fist and deafening blast. Suddenly he becomes an unstoppable, healing, silencing raidboss style monster.

He definitely isn't unbeatable, but it is rough for the other team. Counters like Malthael and Leoric definitely do work, and most of the losses involve at least one of those heroes. Stitches and Anuberak have powerful ways to remove Cho'gall from the fight, which can be leveraged into an advantage. Tychus definitely hurts too, but I find he gets murderized quickly enough that he isn't more than a painful speedbump.

I feel like the other team needs to make bold plays to keep the ogre at bay. Keep up pressure in multiple lanes with a lot of camps, make early pushes to add pressure, and eek out any experience lead they can. Safe, passive play is death. A game in which you are stalemating against the ogre is a game you are losing. Between runic blast stacks and high level scaling, he will win in the end.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 24, 2018

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Filthy Monkey posted:

Am I a horrible person for playing Cho'gall in QM?

indisputably, and so much so that you have probably morally rotted in all other areas of your life.

gently caress chogall.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

I don't really care about WoW at all as far as playing it goes, but Blizzard has always made really strong cinematic trailers for it. Hopefully that trend continues for whatever this is going to be.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Filthy Monkey posted:

Going Cho'Gall with a friend is a fun way to dull the pain of the losing streaks

Yeah going Cho'Gall with Auriel or Ana is a nice way to relax a bit after a stressful game. It's completely unfair, but hey, the games are fast!

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Olaf The Stout posted:

indisputably, and so much so that you have probably morally rotted in all other areas of your life.

gently caress chogall.
Sadly, that is true. I am a hollow shell of a person who only delights in the suffering of others.

HelixFox posted:

Yeah going Cho'Gall with Auriel or Ana is a nice way to relax a bit after a stressful game. It's completely unfair, but hey, the games are fast!
Yeah, my final game last night was actually queuing as three with Cho'gall and Ana. We had a random Zarya on our team as well. Zarya shields are pretty effective on a big meaty ogre.

I don't think I've ever laughed as hard in a game as when we comboed Gall's upheavel to suck in a group of enemies, Zarya's graviton surge to keep them grouped up, Ana's nanoboost, and Gall's Shadowbolt Volley. The enemy team was dissolved into goo. It was glorious and completely unfair. Helped make up for all of the games I lost leveling up Chen earlier.

Filthy Monkey fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jan 24, 2018

kater
Nov 16, 2010

The best part of qm chog is when you go mind control sylv and are with a gorge stitches and you take the big freak on a tour of your base and when he burst out he still bust your rear end.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hmm no I don't think Valeera needed buffs thank you anyway though Blizzard

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Macaluso posted:

Hmm no I don't think Valeera needed buffs thank you anyway though Blizzard

I mean all those buffs are to talents that are never picked, so it's an attempt to create build variety rather than make the hero more powerful.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean all those buffs are to talents that are never picked, so it's an attempt to create build variety rather than make the hero more powerful.

And she is sitting at a win-rate closer to 40% than 50, so every little bit helps.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Based on my highly conclusive single QM game taking mostly the buffed Valeera talents--it's way worse than the Garrote build. Valeera's just not good if you try to do sustained damage--it's way too easy to miss a Sinister Strike or for your opponent to just blink/jump/dash away. There's a reason the best melee heroes are bursty (Zeratul/Kerrigan) or have strong poke (Thrall/Greymane).

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Btw, if there's so many heroes hanging out in the 40ish winrate area, which ones occupy the "higher than 50%" area? Just the usual OPs of Greymane, Sonya, etcetc? Mostly talking quickplay since that's most all of what I play nowadays.

Skyweir
Apr 29, 2013

EdRush posted:

This is basically why I want Ji'nara in the game http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Ji%27nara She's basically as minor as a Starcraft character can get but she sounds like a real bitch which aside from Kerrigan and Syaelvainuus a little bit, is missing from the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yIMpmZDFp4

Yes. Best minor character.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The reason the Garrote build is good is not because it does a lot of damage, but because it keeps people from using their cooldowns long enough for you to kill them. Otherwise they'll just teleport or ice block or whatever.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

wiegieman posted:

The reason the Garrote build is good is not because it does a lot of damage, but because it keeps people from using their cooldowns long enough for you to kill them. Otherwise they'll just teleport or ice block or whatever.

Yeah, a 2.5 second silence is kind of nutso on what's basically a point and click gap-closer.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

As Malthael, how should I fight Artanis in a 1v1? Should I just keep melee attacking no matter what, pull back and just land Q's when his shield is up, or what?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Can you lose that 1v1 if you took Die Alone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is it just me or does volskya foundry's map look like a guy with a crown screaming and flexing