Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Constantine XI
Dec 21, 2003
omg turk rush
Just won my first 5v6 comp game. Our 6th dropped just after capping the first point and we ended up winning on defense by holding them on A. The power of positivity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

I made it into Plat last night for the first time all season. Got carried on my game that took me to 2499 and then a thrower on the other team let me in. I decided that I shouldn't of played anymore after that.

Also, Rein's down there are not afraid to solo ult an ulting Moira (when it's me). Now that I think about it, assuming the team is using Moira's ult correctly, they'll all be lined up. That's the time for Rein or Zarya to ult.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Joke is on them. My team scatters when I use the Moira ult.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

adhuin posted:

Joke is on them. My team scatters when I use the Moira ult.
Same. :(

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
Holy poo poo I am cursed on this dumb new map. Playing it in arcade and haven't won a single drat game in the 8 so far. May this map burn in hell.

fishing with the fam fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 25, 2018

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
If there's anything wrong with BlizzWorld it's that it seems to encourage playing Widow. Never encourage people to play widow. Snipers are bad.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Fabricated posted:

If there's anything wrong with BlizzWorld it's that it seems to encourage playing Widow. Never encourage people to play widow. Snipers are bad.

they should stop giving her dope skins then

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Almost all of Widow's skins are corny and lame.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I would totally watch the overwatch league stuff if the feed didn't drop every few minutes. You would think nerds would have this figured out.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
is there something going on because I've just had like 3 games with teams on Blizzworld where half my team literally griefed/threw.

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Field Mousepad posted:

I would totally watch the overwatch league stuff if the feed didn't drop every few minutes. You would think nerds would have this figured out.

It doesn't drop for me, and hasn't over all the matches I have watched.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

At first, wherever I watched OWL, the stream would keep hiccuping and the lag gap would get bigger and bigger until I refreshed. Then I started directly going to the player url (nothing running but the stream itself) and that fixed it.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

drat watching these esports is just like the solo queue experience, one team steamrolling the other

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
You have to wait for tonight's final match if you want to see something other than assassinations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

this week seems to have a bunch of the best teams playing the worst teams and the upper middle teams facing the lower mid

the one game I'm excited for is new york vs seoul on friday. dallas will be kinda interesting if only to see if they're started to recover from their troubles or if they've gotten worse

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

turtlecrunch posted:

It doesn't drop for me, and hasn't over all the matches I have watched.

Every match I've watched the feed has dropped multiple times and looking at the views there's at least 7-10k other people it's happening to as well regularly.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Also whoever is dressing these people needs to be fired. The broadcasters I mean.

Field Mousepad fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jan 25, 2018

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Supercar Gautier posted:

At first, wherever I watched OWL, the stream would keep hiccuping and the lag gap would get bigger and bigger until I refreshed. Then I started directly going to the player url (nothing running but the stream itself) and that fixed it.

:same:

Thanks for that tip, I was getting a bit miserable trying to watch with frequent pixellization and hiccups. I guess the incessant Twitch spam is bad enough to cause streaming to choke? :v:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Field Mousepad posted:

Also whoever is dressing these people needs to be fired. The broadcasters I mean.

They need someone like Don Cherry.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Any colorblind viewers of OWL? I'm curious if you are able to distinguish between the teams well.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Fabricated posted:

is there something going on because I've just had like 3 games with teams on Blizzworld where half my team literally griefed/threw.

This has been my experience in QP and ranked over the past week. I stopped playing because so many people are intentionally loving up the game for others. There are better uses of time than dealing with the poo poo heels in this game right now.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
how are all you goons playing with pubbies when we have 2 goon discords for matchmaking both casual and striving for pros? (I say this though I played 2 pubbie games last night. the urge to play is returning so ill be in the discos. come play some overwatch)

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I picked uo the game last may when i built my new pc, and didnt particularly like how it felt for some reason. (maybe just too used to TF2)

I pciked it up again since the weekend, and im wanting to get familiar with the game and who im playing as before i encumber goons with my complete lack of map knowledge and tactics.

That said, i thinking im near the point of wanting to get comms involved so maybe this weekend is when i try and find people on discord.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

AkumaHokoru posted:

how are all you goons playing with pubbies when we have 2 goon discords for matchmaking both casual and striving for pros? (I say this though I played 2 pubbie games last night. the urge to play is returning so ill be in the discos. come play some overwatch)

Usually I just play 2 or 3 games and I'm done for the night unless its the weekend or something.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

BizarroAzrael posted:

Any colorblind viewers of OWL? I'm curious if you are able to distinguish between the teams well.

I'm not colorblind and I still can't always tell Seoul's gold from the white they use for away teams. The outlines of people out of LoS are particularly bad.

(Or maybe they're actually blue and black.)

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

BizarroAzrael posted:

I am, It's nowhere near bad enough to, say, prevent me from driving though. That said, I have zero problems telling the teams apart so far, but I have a hunch I'd end up having some difficulty with some matchups with orange on both - dynasty, fusion, shock, maybe the outlaws too but I think they're largely black with orange accents.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

AkumaHokoru posted:

I'm too old to know what discord is and I am a console scrub on PS4. That's my excuse(s)

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I'm worried that my gameplay is so bad people will start being mean to me in other threads. :(

It's pretty bad.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

I'm too old to know what discord is and I am a console scrub on PS4. That's my excuse(s)

get discord on your comp I think there are in fact console players amongst the discorders

Ashcans posted:

I'm worried that my gameplay is so bad people will start being mean to me in other threads. :(

It's pretty bad.

Hi hot garbage here. they still play with me just fine. come play my lords

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I'm old like the other guy. Do you need a mic for discord?

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Listerine posted:

I'm old like the other guy. Do you need a mic for discord?

To use discord, technically no. It's also a chat program for gathering people together, kinda like Skype. But to use it in the way most people want to use it while actively playing Overwatch, probably yes you want a mic for live communication.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

Yukari posted:

To use discord, technically no. It's also a chat program for gathering people together, kinda like Skype. But to use it in the way most people want to use it while actively playing Overwatch, probably yes you want a mic for live communication.

I'm also on PS4 so I'd probably use the party chat for in game comms, was curious though if I needed it to find people to play with in the discord channels.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Nah the organizing tends to happen in chat threads, and then once groups are formed people pop into a voice comms server, so typety typing should be fine for finding groups. I'm not a part of the big OW discord, but the Chillhard discord I don't think has many (if any?) console players, so I'd specify when looking for a group that you are looking for PS4 just to avoid confusion.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

I am, It's nowhere near bad enough to, say, prevent me from driving though. That said, I have zero problems telling the teams apart so far, but I have a hunch I'd end up having some difficulty with some matchups with orange on both - dynasty, fusion, shock, maybe the outlaws too but I think they're largely black with orange accents.

dynasty is black and gold
fusion is light orange and black/white
shock is orange and gray
outlaws is black and lime green

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can make text group chats on ps4 and there are voice chat parties so idk why anyone would use discord if they were only playing there

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I should toxx myself to fuckin' sledgehammer my pc before I queue in QP again, because it's a mix of people playing like it's that lovely TF2 map everyone pretended was TDM and nazi sympathizer Argentinians that can't hit a shot but insist on calling you dirty monkeys, and at my bad skill level I'll never not lose these matches.

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe
Hey goons can any Australian players add me? I can't do solo queue anymore. :gonk: I'm JacksonBnet#1543

I did check that spreadsheet but since america and australia are both in 'americas' it's not that useful.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I can't deal with Moira's nearly unkillable rear end. My ranking has tanked 400+ SR since she's been introduced.

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"
I played with someone before on ps4 who asked if I used discord, do people play consoles that way? It makes me think back to playing Halo on Xbox through Xconnect (or what ever it was called), when you had to find chat rooms on the computer then run back to your xbox to find the lan match you tricked your xbox into finding (this was back before xbox live). Do people play discord with their lap tops beside them and look away to check text?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I use discord when I play pc games and party chat when I play ps4 games. there's no reason to use discord if you're playing on ps4. there's even text chat groups that you can make and usb keyboards work for typing messages