Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Beastie posted:

Everyone gets one last gen game to remaster and port to Switch. Size of the file is irrelevant.

Go!

That's easy for me. A Link Between Worlds on Switch please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

I feel that sadly Starcraft 64 will be the last Blizzard game on a Nintendo console

Console, yes. The Lost Vikings did get a GBA port!

This was over a decade ago now. You sentiment still stands.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

grand theft grotto posted:

That's easy for me. A Link Between Worlds on Switch please!

This is my vote too

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Sleeping Dogs on the switch would be rad but United Front shutdown a couple years ago.

I could use a pork bun, on the toilet

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

goferchan posted:

Plus new maps and characters and events all launch simultaneously on PC/PS4/XB1 right now and Nintendo is really notoriously slow at pushing updates. Blizzard may be able to muscle them into doing it sooner though, idk

Yeah, I'm definitely not holding my breath for it. It'd just be top of my list of wishful thinking, along with Nuclear Throne.

I wonder if there's actually any hope for Dungeon of the Endless or FTL, though? I'd love to see both of those on Switch too.

Other dream Switch games that are never gonna happen: Timesplitters Future Perfect and Chrono Cross.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Beastie posted:

Everyone gets one last gen game to remaster and port to Switch. Size of the file is irrelevant.

Go!

Diablo III

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Beastie posted:

Go!

I'd really like one of the Yakuza games 'cause I've never touched one but think they look right up my alley

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

didn't the Nuclear Throne people say it's not possible for a Switch port due to the weirdo internal way it was created?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I bet Bit.Trip Saga will come to Switch at some point... it would work well with multiplayer joycons.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

FPzero posted:

I haven't bought the game yet because in the demo there was a puzzle that was so large that it was both too hard to see the numbers without squinting while playing handheld and the X's refused to show up no matter if I was playing handheld or docked. Have you had this happen at all in the full game? I liked the demo but I didn't want to spend money on a buggy mess.
Its not an unplayable mess, but there are definitely some performance issues which is frankly baffling considering how simple the game is.

The freezing issue is obviously the worst, but its only affected two of the largest puzzles. I had been using the sleep function a lot, maybe that was a bad idea? I did a hard reset and the remaining puzzles played fine. Unfortunately there's no way to reset puzzles from the menu and the stuttering freezing behaviour persists once you load the affected puzzles.

Theres been stutters in other puzzles but nowhere near as bad.
A few times the hint marking just stopped working for a particular row or column. Like it displays as if I had made a mistake despite being valid, but corrects itself when I complete the entire row.

Its frustrating but I don't entirely regret buying the game. I do super enjoy picross games tho.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

didn't the Nuclear Throne people say it's not possible for a Switch port due to the weirdo internal way it was created?

It was made with Gamemaker, so it depends on YoYoGames making that compatible with the Switch.

From the Gamemaker Studio 2 FAQ:

quote:

Will there be a Nintendo Switch Export?

We are exploring all export options, please stay tuned for more information.

So it's not impossible, but like with Overwatch, I'm not holding my breath.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 24, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

All you guys’ choices I want on Switch. Every game for Switch please.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Didn't the Wii U get a Japan-only Yakuza collection? gently caress me. Goddamn. Who do I need to pleasure at Sega/Nintendo/the actual Yakuza to get that to Switch over here

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Manky posted:

Didn't the Wii U get a Japan-only Yakuza collection? gently caress me. Goddamn. Who do I need to pleasure at Sega/Nintendo/the actual Yakuza to get that to Switch over here

HD ports of 1 and 2. It sold horrendously even by Wii U standards. Plus it would shortly get subsumed by a Yakuza 1 remake and an upcoming Yakuza 2 remake. Yakuza doesn't look like it'll be leaving PlayStation again anytime soon.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Manky posted:

Now that we have Kiwami and Kiwami 2 looks to be incredible I really don't see a point

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Beastie posted:

Go!

A Link Between Worlds

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fawf posted:

Now that we have Kiwami and Kiwami 2 looks to be incredible I really don't see a point

Guessing these are the 1+2 remakes the good detective mentioned? Hell yeah then, give me that good stuff

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Manky posted:

It was an Iwata-spearheaded HD remastering of Yakuza 1 and 2 done with Team Yakuza in an attempt to see if Nintendo fans would like Yakuza games.

It failed so horribly that it failed to debut on Media Create's Top 50 charts, being beaten out by a PS3 the Best re-release of Battlefield 3 base version (which sold 1,878 copies), and stands as the worst selling Yakuza game.

Manky posted:

Guessing these are the 1+2 remakes the good detective mentioned? Hell yeah then, give me that good stuff

No, they're not. They were HD remasters of the original PS2 versions. Kiwami 1 and 2 didn't exist at the time.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Wow, I have no idea what's going on in the Yakuza game series. I appreciate the info! Definitely reinforces, I'd really like to play one at some point.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Ghost Trick

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Policenaut posted:

No, they're not. They were HD remasters of the original PS2 versions. Kiwami 1 and 2 didn't exist at the time.

I was referring to Yakuza Kiwami when I said "subsumed by a Yakuza 1 remake and upcoming remake of 2"

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Manky posted:

Wow, I have no idea what's going on in the Yakuza game series. I appreciate the info! Definitely reinforces, I'd really like to play one at some point.

If you have a PS4, start with Yakuza Zero. It's a prequel that works as the best entry point to the series.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I was referring to Yakuza Kiwami when I said "subsumed by a Yakuza 1 remake and upcoming remake of 2"

Oh sorry I was focused on making the distinction between Yakuza 1&2 HD and the Kiwamis that it kind of glossed over for me. Thank you for the correction!

Manky posted:

It's really unfortunate because the Yakuza 1&2 HD situation was dead in the water from the beginning. Japanese PS3 fans were already deep with Yakuza 5 around that time which is light years ahead of the original games, and it probably would have been better to just start with that (considering they all have recap videos) but it happened the way it did and it was really, really bad.

On the upside, there's a new Yakuza series starting up in the coming years with a new protagonist with multiple games planned for "consoles, smartphones, and PC" so maybe one of those will be on Switch but as it is the current Yakuza series is pretty much PlayStation-exclusive.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Overwatch with no voice chat sounds like the best possible version of it tbh.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Detective No. 27 posted:

If you have a PS4, start with Yakuza Zero. It's a prequel that works as the best entry point to the series.

If I ever get one, I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

Policenaut posted:

On the upside, there's a new Yakuza series starting up in the coming years with a new protagonist with multiple games planned for "consoles, smartphones, and PC" so maybe one of those will be on Switch but as it is the current Yakuza series is pretty much PlayStation-exclusive.

Ah that'd be cool, fingers crossed.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ufarn posted:

Overwatch with no voice chat sounds like the best possible version of it tbh.

This is already how I play it on XB1, it's great.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Enjoying the hell out of Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime and Overcooked with a mixed group of gamers and non-gamers. Any other great co-op games in this vein?

Also got a bit into Nine Parchments and while it’s not amazing still having a good time playing with some friends.

Any other good online co-op games I can get into? Hardcore or casual is fine as long as there’s fun there.

I’m sure this has been discussed a million times but looking back at the last few pages and I mostly just see Mario/Zelda chat.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Beastie posted:

Go!

Same answer for Switch as for PC: Skies of Arcadia.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Rorobb posted:

Enjoying the hell out of Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime and Overcooked with a mixed group of gamers and non-gamers. Any other great co-op games in this vein?

Also got a bit into Nine Parchments and while it’s not amazing still having a good time playing with some friends.

Any other good online co-op games I can get into? Hardcore or casual is fine as long as there’s fun there.

I’m sure this has been discussed a million times but looking back at the last few pages and I mostly just see Mario/Zelda chat.

Snipperclips. It's mainly a two-player game, but you can have up to four messing around in some stages. Super casual puzzle fun.

Then there's Crawl. I guess you could call it a co-op game. That is, you gang up on your friend who is trying to rid a dungeon from ungodly monsters. Anyone killing the hero gets to swap places and thus the cycle continues.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crawl is so much fun.
4 players is extremely chaotic and there is almost no downtime to the action.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Rorobb posted:

I think the recent patch to Nine Parchments makes the save and progression mechanics make way more sense and this greatly enhanced my enjoyment of the game. I'm also confused by people saying it only took them two hours to do a run, since it took me like five? Maybe I'm bad. But I did finally complete it, unlocked all but one character, and an looking forward to playing through again with a new character so that I can unlock the final character and find the rest of the hats / staves / alternate classes! And then hopping online and helping/hindering other wizards

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Beastie posted:

Go!

literally any wrestling game that isnt a colossal broken trainwreck

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

alf_pogs posted:

Wasn't there some 2d wrestling game that hit steam and was on its way to Switch?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

So.....Wrestlemania 2000 it is!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Mahoning posted:

So.....Wrestlemania 2000 it is!

i was sort of hoping for WCW vs NWO but ill take what i can get!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

alf_pogs posted:

i was sort of hoping for WCW vs NWO but ill take what i can get!

Was it WCW/nWo World Tour and Wrestlemania 2000 that were the same engine?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Mahoning posted:

Was it WCW/nWo World Tour and Wrestlemania 2000 that were the same engine?

I think WWF No Mercy was the same engine as well.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Beastie posted:

Wasn't there some 2d wrestling game that hit steam and was on its way to Switch?

Fire Pro Wrestling World, which is a fantastic game with an active modding community, thousands of created wrestlers on the Steam Workshop, and is very fun to boot. It's been out a few months on PC with Early Access but recently saw official Steam release and is coming to PS4 this Summer.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Beastie posted:

Go!

Always wanted to try the Skate series but never had a 360 or PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008

Policenaut posted:

Fire Pro Wrestling World, which is a fantastic game with an active modding community, thousands of created wrestlers on the Steam Workshop, and is very fun to boot. It's been out a few months on PC with Early Access but recently saw official Steam release and is coming to PS4 this Summer.

If they actually port Fire Pro to the Switch it will be the only game I ever play until the heat-death of the universe.

Anyway my choice is Sid Meier's Pirates, a game which I played to hell and back on PSP. I actually wrote 2K on multiple occasions begging them to put the PSN version they had for sale on Europe's store up on the US' store but no dice. I will also +1 the suggestions in this thread for Diablo 3, skate, and Skies of Arcadia.

• Locked thread