Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
I've been playing some nunu jungle with a friend as velkoz mid and giving him a huge chunk of AP for our ganks has been working pretty well.

But then I'm nunu lategame and useless lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Twist And Pout! posted:

I've been playing some nunu jungle with a friend as velkoz mid and giving him a huge chunk of AP for our ganks has been working pretty well.

But then I'm nunu lategame and useless lol

Get him to to azir or Kog or kayle and he's suddenly strong enough to count as two champs.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Time for everyone's favorite game

Guess That Champion, ARAM Edition

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tryndamere

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
kindred

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nope and nope!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

im the teemo with no CS, 2/12, and one item after half an hour

im like 90% sure he was first blood before mobs hit the river

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monathin posted:

Nope and nope!

Amumu then

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Varus or vladimir

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monathin posted:

nami. running in the 90s.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Monathin posted:

Jax? Kayle? Teemo?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Ivern

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

No Duskblade

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Monathin posted:

Chogath

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
garen

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

All wrong! Time's up!

The answer is Tahm Kench

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
wtf is this new swain?
what was wrong with old swain?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
On watching the replay the teemo absolutely completely ignored the jungler that was hiding in the bush because we were poking bot pretty well and got merked

If he had fallen back we would have had a huge advantage, because we probably would have taken both of their bot lane almost immediately

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

Yolomon Wayne posted:

wtf is this new swain?

He dared have a point and click E. This is his punishment.

(Wasn't edgy enough for the current noxus design)

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Sightstone changes are pretty weird and people are still buying relic shield on carries so good effort

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Lovechop posted:

what is cool tho is if you and your friends all pick a yordle champ and begin inquiring with the other team about which perspectives they might have seen or not seen yordles from. you'd be surprised at the results!

Yordles are famously short which is why it’s a rare situation indeed when someone may need to look UP to a yordle...

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yolomon Wayne posted:

wtf is this new swain?

Actual not-a-joke answer: Swain's gameplay as a drain tank was actually not healthy for the game, as, much like old pre-mini-rework vlad, he essentially just stat checked you into oblivion, and either died immediately or was completely invincible. New Swain is a more healthy version of his fantasy of immobilizing people and then eating everyone around you.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Old swain: one skillshot.

New swain: three skillshots

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Monathin posted:

Actual not-a-joke answer: Swain's gameplay as a drain tank was actually not healthy for the game, as, much like old pre-mini-rework vlad, he essentially just stat checked you into oblivion, and either died immediately or was completely invincible. New Swain is a more healthy version of his fantasy of immobilizing people and then eating everyone around you.

Hot take: a handful of characters that exist as stat-checks is good

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Swain was a mess aesthetically/thematically. He was supposed to be a grand strategist general/dictator and this was displayed by him being a wobbly old man with a cane and mohawk that sometimes turned into a bird for reasons. Now he looks like a 40k commissar warlock and they matched his aesthetics with other Noxus champs like Sion and Darius which is rad.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
The only thing I really don't like about new Swain is his ult animation, it looks goofy as hell to have him floating around perfectly still.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

somebody fix kevens avatar please

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

pog boyfriend posted:

sometimes white noise shitposting doesn't pay

looking at you 80% of the thread

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

pog boyfriend posted:

No no, he has earned that Bolf Ramshield.

fibblins
Dec 21, 2007

party swan
Others said it already but new Swain is too similar to Vlad, so here's to the upcoming Vlad rework where he becomes visually unrecognizable, his Q becomes a skillshot, and healing requires him to catch said skillshot or scoop blood off the ground like an animal. :confuoot:

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Firebert posted:

Swain was a mess aesthetically/thematically. He was supposed to be a grand strategist general/dictator and this was displayed by him being a wobbly old man with a cane and mohawk that sometimes turned into a bird for reasons. Now he looks like a 40k commissar warlock and they matched his aesthetics with other Noxus champs like Sion and Darius which is rad.

I liked his conniving Penguin-rear end bird man style. :( I'd be more okay with him if he didn't look like Lucius Malfoy and didn't have a generic smug Noxian voice. (Cool lore hooks on those character-specific lines tho.) I guess it doesn't matter because I'll just keep on using Tyrant anyway.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

pog boyfriend posted:

no dont do this i like the current one

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The visual update is much needed on swain, his original yellow and green look comes from a time where I think riot tried to make the base champions as ugly as possible to try and sell more skins.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
new swain is cool but his walking animation looks like he needs to poo poo real bad

he doesn't even have a cane to justify it like old swain

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Work Friend Keven posted:

Old swain: one skillshot.

New swain: three skillshots

Galaxy brain swain: three on hit passives and a skillshot that empowers your next auto

Nightgull fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jan 24, 2018

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

let's go ardent meta

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

let's go ardent meta

I tend to build Ardent Censer last lately unless my ADC is KogMaw

edit: Maybe Twitch

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

let's go ardent meta

That's pretty rad. How are you building her?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The visual update is much needed on swain, his original yellow and green look comes from a time where I think riot tried to make the base champions as ugly as possible to try and sell more skins.

I like old bright colors League & conversely I’d say it’s weird to turn everyone into dark color brown grey messes and then charge players 10 dollars to turn them back into neon monstrosities via arcade and pool party skins and so on.

I like new swain fine though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

The Shortest Path posted:

That's pretty rad. How are you building her?

Most of those games were actually previous to the latest patch. Since then I've just played her twice and got ardent or redemption first, then the other one. I'd rush ardent if your adc has an attack speed steroid and you're ahead though.

How Rude posted:

I tend to build Ardent Censer last lately unless my ADC is KogMaw

edit: Maybe Twitch

It's really good on janna because you apply it team wide during barons and fights