Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

That Sergeant dude, lmao. So much poo poo talking about fashionframe and everything, I think he is my second favourite planet boss villain yet, superseded by Vey "AHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAGGOT" Hek.

turn off the TV posted:

These words may come back to bite you.

:ohdear: And I did get that ominous email.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

Sergeant sure talks a lot of poo poo for someone that spends more time than not as a pulverized mound of dude sludge :v:

This brought me back to the first time I fought him where I did exactly that. After running around and trying to hit him dispite his cloaking ability, he did that clan insult taunt. He also popped back to visible right at that point, and, having had enough of his poo poo, gave him a ground slam with my kogake and proceeded to go straight to the ground and pound.

Ended the fight then and there. Probably the most viscerally satisfying boss fight I've had thus far.

Blakkout
Aug 24, 2006

No thought was put into this.
I’ve only been playing this game for two days, but I got the extra 100 platinum free PS+ deal this month. Yesterday I also got one of the “50% off one marketplace item” coupons. I did some Googling, and it sounds like experienced players reccommend spending platiunum on practical things, like warframe or weapon slots or potatos. Assuming I’m going to ignore that advice, and use all of my 150 platiunum on a new (regularly priced at 300 platinum or less) warframe tonight, which should I choose? Might also be noteworthy that I doubt I’ll ever be more than a filthy casual in this game, so I’d prefer awesome warframes over tough to get warframes to complete a full collection.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Don't have prices on hand but frames with pain in the rear end farms like mesa, atlas, equinox, harrow, or maybe octavia are all solid purchase choices.

Edit: or maybe ivara but I don't think she's too hard to get normally

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Blakkout posted:

I’ve only been playing this game for two days, but I got the extra 100 platinum free PS+ deal this month. Yesterday I also got one of the “50% off one marketplace item” coupons. I did some Googling, and it sounds like experienced players reccommend spending platiunum on practical things, like warframe or weapon slots or potatos. Assuming I’m going to ignore that advice, and use all of my 150 platiunum on a new (regularly priced at 300 platinum or less) warframe tonight, which should I choose? Might also be noteworthy that I doubt I’ll ever be more than a filthy casual in this game, so I’d prefer awesome warframes over tough to get warframes to complete a full collection.

To be honest, most of the frames are not that hard to get. If I were to recommend a "pain in the arse to farm" frame, my candidates would be:

Octavia
Nidus (I bought him because gently caress that quest/farm)
Mesa (I got super lucky but I've heard horror stories, and you need to farm keys to fight the boss that drops her)
Harrow
Ivara

Raptor1033 posted:

Edit: or maybe ivara but I don't think she's too hard to get normally
I'm on run 52 of Medium spy missions and no drop so ymmv on her. :negative:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Blakkout posted:

If you don't want boring pratical things, spend your platinum on cool capes, animation sets, and color palettes. Those are all things that can't be otherwise obtained through gameplay. Most warframes and guns have platinum prices that are way out of proportion with how easy it is to build them in-game. After even just a week of playing, "how many warframe slots do I have" becomes a bigger restriction than "how many warframes can I obtain".

If you do wanna buy a warframe, I'd save your money for the time being and wait until you find one that you're especially interested in (and that you're still a long way off from building normally in-game).

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jan 24, 2018

Cheeseman
Apr 1, 2001

Mesa conveniently fits both "Tough to get" and "Awesome"

She's a pistol packin' cowgirl with arguably the best hat in the game (though it's a tennogen item, and not sure how those are handled on console)

She gets a pretty good defensive shield buff, an ability that boost damage for her and her team that can blind/disarm nearby enemies, and her top ability turns her hands into guns that allow her to shoot the hell out of whatever you're pointed at, though you can only turn in place while it's active. One caveat is that she may be next in line to get a prime? I'm not sure what the order is right now. And if that happens, her prime would likely be easier to get than her base, but whatever. Next prime isn't probably for another 2 months anyway.

Also, if you're not aware players can trade plat to each other, and often do so for mods and prime parts, so it's possible to buy plenty of things from players or the market without having to spend a dime of real money. But like you said, warframe/weapon slots are never a bad buy as that's the only real way to get them.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I did this exact thing and I picked up Gara, who also falls into the category of "pain in the rear end to farm" since she comes exclusively from doing a bunch of poo poo on the Plains and also farming materials exclusively from there. She's a glass mage which is a pretty rad concept but she's not absurdly crazy awesome like Mesa is. You can make giant (depressingly flimsy) glass castles though, which is kinda fun.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Double affinity weekend coming up, make sure to level all your AW crap with a booster on the Neptune AW mission.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Edmond Dantes posted:

To be honest, most of the frames are not that hard to get. If I were to recommend a "pain in the arse to farm" frame, my candidates would be:

Octavia
Mesa (I got super lucky but I've heard horror stories, and you need to farm keys to fight the boss that drops her)
Harrow
Ivara

Equinox can be hard to get, too.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 24, 2018

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Sandweed posted:

Double affinity weekend coming up, make sure to level all your AW crap with a booster on the Neptune AW mission.

Just affinity not resources?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Sandweed posted:

Are these usually followed by a double credit weekend? We haven't had one of those in a long time...

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Got a Starchart question: as I progress through this thing, should I be trying to open every node on each new planet or should I be blitzing through the junctions and then come back later to open everything up?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Edmond Dantes posted:

Octavia
Harrow
Ivara

I got ivara pretty quickly and easily. Math wise, she's not that hard to get because there are lots of things you want from the spy reward table anyway. Just use nova to farm spy missions so you can do it significantly faster than with other frames.

Nidus is also relatively not hard to farm. It takes around 3 hours for 70%+ of people. Sounds like a lot, but as a new player you need the resources that drop there anyway.

Mesa is hard but you can just buy the keys for plat. They're like 2 plat each or something stupid on warframe.market. Way cheaper than buying mesa, and it doesn't take that many keys (~11 is an awful case). People exaggerate.

I haven't farmed Octavia or Harrow yet. Octavia, I haven't seen the organ room. Harrow, I haven't tried.

Equinox really isn't that bad. Just keep the extra parts in case you want multiple equinox frames for eidolon lenses. The secret is to just view it as farming polymer bundles/all the other goodies that drop on that tileset and to set aside a block of time to farm him. "I will farm him for an hour or x runs". Don't try to say "I will get this one piece" because you're priming yourself for bad feelings. A lot of the frames people say are "bad" to farm are quicker than frames no one is complaining about. It's just because they go in with a poisoned mindset.

Honestly, I wouldn't call anything you can do in an afternoon "bad". Nearly everything in warframe is super accessible now as long as you don't want everything right this instant.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 24, 2018

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Edmond Dantes posted:

I got also super lucky with her, got her parts in just four runs somehow.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Khorne posted:

Honestly, I wouldn't call anything you can do in an afternoon "bad". Nearly everything in warframe is super accessible now as long as you don't want everything right this instant.

Another nomination: Titania. She isn't 'awesome' by any means, but the quest requires scanning hard-to-locate weeds.

edit Pro-tip: try to scan the weeds as you march through the solar system. You don't need to have the quest.

gaj70 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Jan 24, 2018

Khorne
May 1, 2002

gaj70 posted:

Another nomination: Titania. She isn't 'awesome' by any means, but the quest requires scanning hard-to-locate weeds.
Oh yeah, I'd wait until you have the double scan upgrade to your simaris scanner thing for this one. Some of the materials are a pain. Learn where you n eed to scan stuff and scan it while doing sorties/alerts/clearing the starchart. If you explicitly try to farm her some of them are real annoying. It doesn't take that long, though, if you go by the wiki comments for locations.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Rainuwastaken posted:

Whoa whoa back up, what's this about power throw Wukong turning into a suicide bomber? I need to know about this.

https://youtu.be/zD1R9lO-kyM

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Well the double XP weekend is finally officially confirmed, so let's do a giveaway.

As you may or may not know, the double weekend boosters stack with market boosters for a 4x total boost. Since this is my first double weekend ever, I'd like to celebrate by giving away 3-day affinity boosters to twenty (20) goons.

Here's how to participate:

• Quote this post
  • Leave your in-game name
  • If you already have an active XP booster that covers the weekend don't apply, ya dingus (not that I have a way to verify that, but still)
  • If you're one of the 20, you'll receive your 3-day booster during this Friday's Devstream, after which the double XP weekend begins

I'll also be giving away one super special awesome secret prize to a random goon from my list of 20.

GIVEAWAY OVER

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 25, 2018

glickeroo
Nov 2, 2004

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

in-game:
glickeroo

Thanks for the give-away!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Ayyy it's ya boi CheetoMD here

Help me get my mummyman to 30

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

kxZyle posted:

Well the double XP weekend is finally officially confirmed, so let's do a giveaway.

As you may or may not know, the double weekend boosters stack with market boosters for a 4x total boost. Since this is my first double weekend ever, I'd like to celebrate by giving away 3-day affinity boosters to twenty (20) goons.

• Quote this post
  • If you already have an active XP booster that covers the weekend don't apply, ya dingus (not that I have a way to verify that, but still)
  • If you're one of the 20, you'll receive your 3-day booster during this Friday's Devstream, after which the double XP weekend begins

I'll also be giving away one super special awesome secret prize to a random goon from my list of 20.

Woo!

I am also xiansi in game, and am planning on a cold, wet weekend of forma-grinding my good stuff, so that would be ace, thanks.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

Sure, IGN : TylanaKalos not so many frames to farm (still new) but all the crappy mastery fodder weapons to chew through, and Banshee in 75 hours.

Tylana fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 25, 2018

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

edit: thank you!

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 26, 2018

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Got a Starchart question: as I progress through this thing, should I be trying to open every node on each new planet or should I be blitzing through the junctions and then come back later to open everything up?

You want to go through junctions as fast as you can, once a planet is opened you can go to unexplored locations on that planet via alerts and stuff even though you don't have the location unlocked, and it will unlock that node. So it actually becomes worthwhile to do even the crap alerts as long as it's on an unexplored node. Hope this makes sense because it's super confusing.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

nm

Vargs fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Dec 8, 2018

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

15 left

ign: FarmerJimbo

Keldosh
Dec 25, 2010

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

15 left

Ign: keldosh

Its finally time to blow all my forma on opticor!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

hey it's me, notpsion

I have so many things in my foundry waiting for MR :getin:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

13 left

I'll be cramming forma onto the Astilla as weirdoldbonw as I've been putting that off for a while :confuoot:

Wistful Thinking
Mar 27, 2010

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

13 left

in game name Fatallica

Need to grind up some things and forma some frames. I nearly maxed narrowminded on a whim and borked about five or six builds.

Sepah
May 13, 2014

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

9 left

In Game Name: Seppah

Thanks very much!

Whoo! Time to forma all the things.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

In-game: EdmondSA

:toot:

Let's farm all of the poo poo.

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

7 left

I'm in

ign: Rdyjin

TwoWordName
Jan 3, 2013

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

7 left

IGN: garbage_day

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

5 left

IGN: KodChim

I don't normally go for free stuff but a 4x boost sounds mental.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

5 left

A chance at a super mega secret prize? COUNT ME IN.

IGN: YoshiOfYellow

Not that I ever win those sort of things.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.

kxZyle posted:

IGN: SmithCommaJohn

thanks in advance!

Terminal
Feb 17, 2003
The Void

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

2 left

IGN: Terminal02

Time to burn that forma stockpile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

DE really needs to make warframes easier to get for newbies. The MR0-5 bottleneck sucks rear end. Like drat at least give players 3 WF slots and like 5-10 weapon slots. The wait for frames and weapons early on is killer.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

So I finally got to and finished the Second Dream questline.

:stare:

Congrats! And yeah that quest line is amazing.