Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Skoll posted:

I like to play on Hard because it's the perfect just chill mode. Survival isn't bad either but I prefer to play that with friends because I actually have to pay attention then.

Like I said before, I prefer Suicidal for all the new zed abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Gromit posted:

Like I said before, I prefer Suicidal for all the new zed abilities.

Really the difference between Suicidal and Hard for me honestly is just a headshot or three more. The new abilities are cool but it's not enough of a jump to justify switching from chill "hard' mode to me.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
The only real gamechanger for me between Hard and Suicidal is the Husk CQC flamethrower attack. It turns bumrushing them from a good tactic to avoid their fire canon into, heh, suicide :haw: . I see lv25 Berserks try to rush Husks only to get killed from half health because they keep forgetting they don't have extra burn damage resist (never happens to me of course, no sir).

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
The pace of suicide is faster, zeds run (frustration is how the devs describe it) much more frequently and in larger numbers. On hard they run one or two at a time, but on suicidal you can have groups of 5-6 targetting you running after you before the alphas buff/rage them. Also FPs can spawn raged

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
It's so weird going down to Normal or Hard for a daily or something, the crawlers look like they're moving in bullet time after I'm used to seeing them zip around the map like they're wearing 6 pair of roller skates on HoE difficulty.

folytopo
Nov 5, 2013
What is the hardest number of players? With random people it seems three is around the hardest as on person is apt to screw up and get killed easier and losing a third of your firepower and economy is rough.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

With randoms I always feel that more is harder.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

folytopo posted:

What is the hardest number of players? With random people it seems three is around the hardest as on person is apt to screw up and get killed easier and losing a third of your firepower and economy is rough.

It depends on whether or not the other players are awful. Naturally six is the hardest if you're relying on knuckleheads. With six competent players, any difficulty is a cakewalk. With two competent players (including yourself) and four baddies, you might struggle a bit but you may manage to pull through unscathed, but three competent players is enough to make it so you're untouchable even if the three other players get themselves killed.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hey, remember this game? well the devs do and the upcoming update seems pretty fun: http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/2742000471546110348

So those Stand Your Ground objectives from Krampus' Lair are coming to :siren: all other maps as of the next content update :siren: Not all the time and not every wave (the goal is 2 per playthrough), and admins can disable them entirely, so there will probably be severs with both then on and off. There will also be an "Endless" mode, which will feature these events more frequently, as well as some of the weekly mutators when you get deeper into the waves. In Endless there can be waves consisting of only one type of Zeds, and every 5 waves there's a bossfight after which, the difficulty increases by 1, and when you reach HoE it stops getting harder, you're just getting more Zeds (presumably).

Also Alpha Clot is getting some armor and is now called the Rioter and I encourage you to click the above link cause he looks hillarous.
Overall, I wanted those SYG events to come to other maps, hopefully this update will be good.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
There's also a robot character with skins that you unlock via endless. I'm pretty excited to use the new submachine gun with a level 25 firebug.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm not sure I'm thrilled about the alpha clot getting even more armor. They're already very bullet-spongey, takes more ammo to kill one than just about anything but a Skrake/FP.

Everything else in the past few updates sound super cool though. Looking forward to the robot & new guns a lot.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
The SYG seems pointless but new content is new content even if it's a lil lazy so I won't complain.

Rioter looks dumb as gently caress and is prob just a bullet sponge so they don't have to work on an actual new zed.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
SYG just gives you a different non-optimised area to hold, and for me anything that changes the way you play can be interesting. After all, you don't need to do it.

Gromit fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 20, 2018

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Gromit posted:

SYG just gives you a different non-optimised area to hold, and for me anything that changes the way you play can be interesting. After all, you don't need to do it.

Yeah I'm not saying it's bad at all. The monetary gains for it though was anemic as hell so after doing the map challenges a few times it just got pointless as hell to bother.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Kikas posted:

Stand Your Ground... getting some armor... the Rioter

Is the armor a hoodie, by any chance?

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Vault dosh for everything you do instead of just the daily objectives is pretty nice.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pope Guilty posted:

Vault dosh for everything you do instead of just the daily objectives is pretty nice.

More vault items and an algorithm to prevent constant dupes would be nice as well.

I'm pretty sure at this point I have every item the vault drops.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

I have seen the bug where the Abomination cutscene will play twice. However, I have not seen the Abomination actually spawn a second time. I have also not seen the first Abomination use the kirby vacuum attack on the second Abomination, instakilling him and instantly ending the round. :psyduck:

https://streamable.com/4mcek

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Ah, so that's what must've happened in my first Abomination fight where this exactly happened, but I didn't know what caused the instant death.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Bilal posted:

I have seen the bug where the Abomination cutscene will play twice. However, I have not seen the Abomination actually spawn a second time. I have also not seen the first Abomination use the kirby vacuum attack on the second Abomination, instakilling him and instantly ending the round. :psyduck:

https://streamable.com/4mcek

Holy Moly I've never seen that. It kind of makes me want a double (adjusted, of course) boss in KF2.

Come to think of it, didn't KF1 have something like that for the End of the Line/Transit event?

Either way, I'm still not sure if the Abomination sucking someone and holding them in place for half a minute even after it runs away is deliberate or a glitch. I've seen it a couple times and died to it once. It's probably a glitch then.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Come to think of it, didn't KF1 have something like that for the End of the Line/Transit event?

Yeah it was a cool moment the first time. "Wait, did that say Patriarchs?? With an s? Oh poo poo."

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

aniviron posted:

Yeah it was a cool moment the first time. "Wait, did that say Patriarchs?? With an s? Oh poo poo."

Okay I thought I was hallucinating for a moment. It was still pretty cool the first time, and whatever time we beat it. Maybe second or third.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well, the Spring Update is coming soon and boy o does it look good. You can try the beta of it now, here's the changelog http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/1651004639632627969

The Mac 10 and the Husk Launcher are BACK. And the basic revolvers for gunslinger get their damage DOUBLED.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Husk Launcher was always pretty poo poo, but am excite to use the Mac 10 again.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Maybe now I won't immediately sell the starting revolvers for dual defualt pistols.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

quote:

Fixed a gameplay bug with the Gunslinger perk skills, Rack `em Up and Bone Breaker, where the damage bonus was not applying in online game sessions
:eyepop:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Playing that map solo (because all my friends suck :[ )was really fun on the Skrake waves! It's something like 70XP per Skrake with 40-ish Skrakes, and the Eviscerator kills them in a single shot. Awesome!

But, uh, 160 of them might be too many.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
Made it to wave 34 on HoE, which spawned ~200 scrakes. It took about an hour but 3 of us managed to finish it. Granted it was some gas station map where you could basically kite them around forever, but I'd still like to think it took some skill to pull off.

Also, apparently the game won't spawn more than 30 scrakes at a time. Once we got under 30, we no longer heard the roar of the new scrakes spawning in.

Severed fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Mar 6, 2018

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Did anyone else's settings get reset recently? Was a bitch trying to remember what my mouse sensitivity was at.

Also I just realized the support's shot penetration applies to the incinediary trench gun. Entire hallways of zeds getting lit up at once :hellyeah:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

The settings get reset on some major patches, or if you change to the beta.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Away all Goats posted:

Did anyone else's settings get reset recently? Was a bitch trying to remember what my mouse sensitivity was at.

Also I just realized the support's shot penetration applies to the incinediary trench gun. Entire hallways of zeds getting lit up at once :hellyeah:

That happens with a lot of patches. Just go to your Kfinput.ini files in the My Games folder on your computer and set it to read-only in the properties option for the text file. If you want to edit your controls, you'll have to do it manually via the file itself (or turn off read-only mode), but it'll prevent the controls from being reset each patch. It's also good for getting precise mouse movement since the option to turn off ADS scaling and other unwanted stuff is in there, too.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

aniviron posted:

Playing that map solo (because all my friends suck :[ )was really fun on the Skrake waves! It's something like 70XP per Skrake with 40-ish Skrakes, and the Eviscerator kills them in a single shot. Awesome!

But, uh, 160 of them might be too many.

Yeah it took my group of friends about 4 tries to do the HOE achievement because we keep getting all Scrake waves around wave 20 and it's just total bullshit.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I'm tired of the Abomination belittling my manhood all the time by saying "Boner, petite!"
How the gently caress does he know these things!?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Today is the relase day! http://www.killingfloor2.com/infiniteonslaught18/
So for release "Endless" was renamed "Infinite Onslaught" and is gonna be dropping today, full patch notes will come when it drops, for now we've got the site and the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjhSd2uwk5c

AW gently caress there's a double barreled PISTOL in this one :black101:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/1653258341520465363 Here are the patchnotes

Kikas fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Mar 27, 2018

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm hoping the high player count servers are able to get Infinite Onslaught to work. I want to see what happens when you have 30 players and how high the zed counts get. Also new weapons all look really good. I'm excited about the dual-quad? pistols and the return of the Husk Cannon.

Edit:

Perks and Weapons
.500 Magnum Revolvers
Damage increased 6.6%

1858 Revolvers
Damage increased 100%
Reduced total ammo capacity 22%
Ammo cost per mag increased 66%

Hemogoblin
Damage is increased by 50%

Zweihander
Melee range is increased by 20%

Seeker Six
Dud round damage is increased by 20%
Dud knockdown chance is increased by 25%
Dud stumble chance is increased by 42%

I don't see any problems with any of these changes. I'm excited to try out the new 1858s.

Revolver Bunker fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 27, 2018

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Am I supposed to have the 2 gold skins unlocked for D.A.R before I've even started Endless mode, I mean it makes him into a glorious golden robot which is the best and all.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Revolver Bunker posted:

Zweihander
Melee range is increased by 20%

YESSSSSSSSS I hope this gets it closer to back where Bezerker was in EA.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Once the Scrake only wave appears you might as well give up. It's still super funny to me when there's triple digits coming out of the woodwork and murdering everyone in seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I legit don't understand what the Cyst and Slasher rounds in Endless are supposed to be about. Just to give you a break, I guess? They might be more challenging if it were, like, four times as many zeds at a time, but when it's just trickling out a dozen or so at a time there's no particular point.