Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Kai Tave posted:

People keep saying Agents of SHIELD got better after the first season but the first season was so utterly dull that I've never felt the urge to see if it's true or just some longform practical joke that took on a life of its own. I'm not sure I would hold it up as an example to follow, is what I'm saying.

Show's pretty fun. The early episodes are kinda dull when you're first watching, but then they tie into a bigger plot after Winter Soldier so they retroactively become good. And then with the whole "SHIELD is full of HYDRA sleeper agents" thing they go all in on spy action and crazy comic book stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Anyway, without bagging on AoS or whatever, my point is that I think we're past the stage where shows based on comic book stuff need to be coy/ashamed about playing up the comic book side of things. If you made a She-Hulk show then sure, it could be a show about Jennifer Walters the lawyer doing courtroom stuff, but it should be about Jennifer Walters aka the She-Hulk, giant super-strong amazonian lawyer doing courtroom stuff and/or punching people. It's like they have a Runaways show going on now, but apparently the Staff of One there is just a product of sufficiently advanced technology instead of magic. Why? What possible point does that serve in a world where you can watch Dr. Strange on Netflix? Just say it's fuckin magic, just have Jennifer Walters decide she likes being eight feet tall and green, it's 2018 and you can do stuff like that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
That does sound cool but I don't think they have the budget for an acceptable eight-foot protagonist in every episode.

And once you've established that she isn't She-Hulk all the time, I think the running gag where She-Hulk takes two seasons to actually show up in that form on her own show is funnier than having a couple of TV-budget fight scenes in the first season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kai Tave posted:

People keep saying Agents of SHIELD got better after the first season but the first season was so utterly dull that I've never felt the urge to see if it's true or just some longform practical joke that took on a life of its own. I'm not sure I would hold it up as an example to follow, is what I'm saying.

I am probably the biggest AoS hater to ever post in TV IV and if the show can win me over then it has to be good.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Rand Brittain posted:

That does sound cool but I don't think they have the budget for an acceptable eight-foot protagonist in every episode.

Pretty much why I've never had faith that this would ever happen. A properly budgeted and directed show would be incredible but that's never happening.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Either that or it got significantly worse.

The only way to know is to roll the dice!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ0QKOR5Kgc

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's already premiered at various places! Is it actually coming out for even a somewhat wide release?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

CBR are saying theater and VOD on March 23rd, so probably not very wide at the movies.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I did think it was weird that a comic book adaptation would come out in 2017 with absolutely no fanfare. Wonder if they did any retouches? The CBR article doesn't mention anything, it's like that early release was a collective hallucination.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

IMDB just lists three festival screenings before now. And the US one was an event aimed at children.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4547194/releaseinfo

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Jan 25, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Yea, I looked up my previous post and the screening that I heard about was at the Toronto International Film Festival

Well, at least now I'll get to watch it.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Teenage Fansub posted:

IMDB just lists three festival screenings before now. And the US one was an event aimed at children.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4547194/releaseinfo

Oh man, this book really hosed me up for a few days. I'm not sure I can ever let my wife watch this, because of her history.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah I posted about the NYC screening back then. I guess whoever decides these things is calling it a 2018 film, though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Endless Mike posted:

Apparently a movie was made of I Kill Giants, and there's a premier in NYC tonight if you happen to be there with nothing better to do.

https://www.filmlinc.org/films/i-kill-giants/

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's called a 2017 movie on IMDB and Letterboxd, but when it only had a handful of screenings that year, is it really a problem either way?

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jan 25, 2018

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

First look at Brie Larson as Captain Marvel https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUaMX8dVAAAC3CB.jpg

More images here: https://pagesix.com/2018/01/25/first-look-at-brie-larson-as-captain-marvel/?utm_source=P6Twitter&utm_medium=Native&utm_campaign=P6Twitter

I'm unimpressed with that particular suit; it has the homogenized MCU costume look.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Her suit is... light green????

https://twitter.com/nerdypoc/status/956611005936734208

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I didn't embed the photos because of spoilers, but I guess set photos don't count?

[edit] It looks like a CW costume.

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jan 25, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Unless the camera really hosed the colors, that’s kinda close to her time runs out suit?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're green screen panels so they can make them red, obviously.

No sash though? gently caress off.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

That looks... Not great

Maybe it's not the final costume and it's a generic Kree suit?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dacap posted:

That looks... Not great

Maybe it's not the final costume and it's a generic Kree suit?

Hope that's the case. Otherwise... yeah. Bad, boring design.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't think so, it's pretty much dead on the concept art except the red and yellow/gold has been replaced with green and grey/silver (and the suit's bulkier):
https://twitter.com/andyparkart/status/896405352912007168

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

This is from a scene shortly after Rogue drains her powers (and her colors)

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I don't think so, it's pretty much dead on the concept art except the red and yellow/gold has been replaced with green and grey/silver (and the suit's bulkier):
https://twitter.com/andyparkart/status/896405352912007168

:rip:

[edit] Maybe the green suit is from a flashback/alternate timeline/universe/astral dimension/etc.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Captain Marvel isn't supposed to shoot until March so this is probably for Avengers, don't panic just yet I guess.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kind of looks like like Ultimate Mar-Vell, at least in the colour scheme, so I'm guessing this is an early on thing.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Trying to cash in on DC mega hit Green Lantern

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Light green and teal are early 90s as hell color schemes.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Unless something drastic has changed during production, I imagine that's either a costume from earlier in the film, or the green is there to make some CGI stuff easier to do and will be recolored at the same time.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Looks fine for a generic-ish Kree suit that she wears before getting her actual final suit. Y'all don't seriously think that's what she'll be wearing for the whole film, right?

'Course, first-look complaints about superhero costumes is basically a rite of passage for all these films.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

BrianWilly posted:

Looks fine for a generic-ish Kree suit that she wears before getting her actual final suit. Y'all don't seriously think that's what she'll be wearing for the whole film, right?

'Course, first-look complaints about superhero costumes is basically a rite of passage for all these films.

Just wait for the Empire cover

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I hope her actual suit doesn't take design cues from that generic-Kree suit then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

If they were shooting Captain Marvel.

But 99% chance this is for Avengers.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Aphrodite posted:

Captain Marvel isn't supposed to shoot until March so this is probably for Avengers, don't panic just yet I guess.

She posted this a couple days ago

https://twitter.com/brielarson/status/955896018733735936

So they might be doubling up or something I dunno

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Russos very unsubtley hinted Carol Danvers but not Captain Marvel is in Infinity War just a day or two ago.

If Carol has to disappear between the 90s and Avengers 3/4, maybe she's hanging out in the Kree Empire and wearing their colors to fit in.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Jan 25, 2018

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

site posted:

She posted this a couple days ago

https://twitter.com/brielarson/status/955896018733735936

So they might be doubling up or something I dunno

That was from a tour of an Air Force base she went on wasn't it? You know, research for the part and stuff.

I'm not crazy about the colors, but otherwise that's a perfect captain marvel movie costume. And if that is the final costume, I'm glad to see the dream of the San Jose Sharks still lives, and it might be a good thing since there's a lot of red and blue costumes already in the MCU.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That suit don't impress me much (take it away, Shania) but it's also a crappy set photo. I'd wait to see how they present it in a trailer because then we'll see the "real" colours and they might add the sash in digitally like they do with capes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

howe_sam posted:

That was from a tour of an Air Force base she went on wasn't it? You know, research for the part and stuff.

Oh I hadn't heard that but that would make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like it. The colors are either for FX or it's an early version that's Kree colored. I think it'll look better with red and blue.

• Locked thread