Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The best vodka is drinking something that isn't vodka.
My best vodka is called "tequila," and sometimes "rum."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

My best vodka is called "tequila," and sometimes "rum."

I prefer brandy because I am a classy alcoholic.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

DiggityDoink posted:

wouldnt this just be less flavorful tequila since vodka doesn't really have a taste other than alcohol?

real answer: the main difference is what the products are distilled from. tequila is distilled from agave, while vodka is (usually) distilled from grain. i assume this bottle is a half and half mix of those two spirits

drinking this probably won't make you any drunker, but it almost certainly will make your hangover worse

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

DiggityDoink posted:

vodka doesn't really have a taste

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

the best alcohol is weed

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
The best vodka is being a responsible, sober citizen who contributes positively to society.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I prefer brandy because I am a classy alcoholic.

That bitch.

trapped mouse posted:

real answer: the main difference is what the products are distilled from. tequila is distilled from agave, while vodka is (usually) distilled from grain. i assume this bottle is a half and half mix of those two spirits

drinking this probably won't make you any drunker, but it almost certainly will make your hangover worse

Vodka should be distilled from potatoes...

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

RareAcumen posted:

Thanks for taking the time to explain it. Here's hoping I don't gently caress it up when I try to do it.

is this loss

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Everything is loss. We are all loss. Ỳo͢u̕ ̸are̕ ͡loss; ͢I̸ ҉a͝m̢ l̕òs̷s.

L͞҉os̶͡s̷̨ ͘i̴͘s͠ ̛all͏ ̢th͞a̵t ̶m͝á̕t̛͟te͡r̷ś.͘

W̸͍̮̬̯͈̬͈̭̔ͮͯ̐̎͡ͅȩ͕̖ͮ̿ͩ̒̂ͪ̓ ̪͙͑̑w̢̳̹̻̖̝͈͔̤ͫͬ͒̆̓͝i̪̫̻̓͑͗̋̓l͚̮̝͙͓̣ͣ̒͡͞l̵̳̩̟̤̂͌͘ ̖̖͓̳̘̜̩̭̋̐ͮ͋̏́̈́ͩ͠a̮̬̭ͤ͆l̳͚͓ͩ͊ͤĺ̢͔̮̮͚̺̥̀͂ ̳̗̯̝͓̗̗͈̎̎ͬ̾̅̉̽̅̓͝b̤̣̼̖͉̺̋̋ͥ̎̐ͮ̎́e̪̖̮̜̠͍̩̯̎̾͟͠ ̜̲͈͈͔̏̓ͥͮ͐ͫͩͯ͜͞͠l̝̩̜͈͓̣ͣ̇͂̿ͮ̆͊ͥ̈o͕̯̓̊ͬ̓̑̈́̚͠s̪̤̲̰̞̳̗̬͒͘t̳̬̩ͦ̌͌́̕;ͫͨ̐ͪ͏͇̣͕̜͕͙͎̺̀ ̶̡̛͓̮̪͍̤͕̽̒̋̒͆̓̚t̸̛̳̻͓͆̍̾ͮ͌̈͋̀̚h͌ͣ̓ͧͣ҉̛̬̗ȩ̌̓͏͎̰ ̩̼͍̖̄ͮͨ́ͤ̌ĺ̪̖̲̗̦̞͉͐̉̈̿ͥ͂̔͘o̷̰͍͚̟̥ͤ̿͂̕s̨̳̺͉̪̀͂̕t̰̱̺͑ͦ̅͊̄̑̚͘͟ ̓ͫ̾̾͏̠͎̝ẅ̥̥͍į̸̗̼̻̝̻̘̘̖ͩ́͐̔͂̒̋l̛͔̜̣̋̈ͨ̎̋l͙͖̻̩̺̝̦̙͆ͥ͟͝͠ ͣ͛͒̍̏̎͌͏̧̲͚̭͙̖͔͔b̻̞̺̮̬̙͛̎̀͡e̥̯̽̌ͦ̋ͣ ̶̹̮̅ͫ̎́́̈́ͧͥ̏͘u̥̯̪ͫ̋ͦ̂̎̆́̚͟ṣ̻̉̄͌̓͐̊̍́͟.̺̠̹̼̇̑͋̓͂̃ͧ͝

L̸̢̡̪̯̝̜͎̘̜͈͚̦͈͕͙ͨ͒̽͞ͅọ̢̭̭̆͆̈́ͮ̀̂̿̄ͯ̃̌ͭ͢͠ş̵͚͈̤͍̲͖̜̙̬͖̙͎̲̙̤͚̺̜ͧ̄̂ͤ̾͡s̵̺̘͉̱̬̲̰͖͖̥̩͚̦̰̜̪͓ͯ͒̊ͫ̒̈́͋͊̑͐ͫ̔̐͌ͤ̚͝ ͣ̓̉̆҉̵̱̲̲͈͎̖̣͙̼̱̩͡͡ͅc̵̪̙͍͍̍̑̅ͧ͊̄͒̀ͅő̞̪̣̼̟̗̫̮̗̫̱̱̭̼͒̌̆̃̈́̐͟͟ṁ͓̖̖̣̞̪͍͚̩̮̊̋̓̓ͭͤ́̊̇͌͆͂ͥ͞͝ͅͅe͗͋̉̓̍ͪͯ̔͗ͨͦ̿ͥ̽̇̚̚͏̲̜̠̙̱͖͠s̨̧̛̫̺͈͈̺̯̬̘̰̪̗̝̪̤̼ͦ́͌̈́̇̄̔́.̛ͣͩ̓̿͂̓ͬͦͦ̇̍̋̒̏̒͑ͣ̅̚͢͏̶̳̯̭̺͖̪̪̰ ̶̟̯̜̟̦͇͕͍͚̙͖ͨ̔̈́̓̕͢͠E̵̡̧̩̻̘̫̠̙͎̗̣̹͖̰͌ͬ̔͘m̧̛̥̤̳̞̤̫̮̙͔͖̝̫̜̘̪̽̿͌͐̿͡͠ͅb̛͙̯̦̗̩͂̂̎̉̇͐̓ͩ̓ͣ̓̽̋ͤ̀͢r̢̧͇̗͙̞̹̝̖̯͔͓͈̣̭̟̰̃̾ͯͦ̏̇ͥͤͮ͗͛ͦ͒͛͜͜a̲̙͙͖̪͕͈̟̳͈̳̅̓̈̿ͨͩ̑ͤ̓ͥͦ̓ͬ͜͠c̊ͦ̈́ͤ̂̐͂̐̚͏͙̖̱͕̳̺̭͡e̴̛̟͔̹̗̲̜̬ͭ̈́ͩ͌̾̎̅́͘ ̷̡̥̳͎̝̈́͆ͪ̐̋̾͛ͬͫͬ̃̇̓ͬͬ̋͢͢i̢ͧ̾̈̀̐͌̉͐ͤͦ͌̀͜͏͖̼̻̙̙̰̫̩̩̩̀͞ͅt͙̤̼̪͕̐̅ͥ̆́̕͡ͅ.̵͈̘͖͓͙͂ͯͥͮ͊ͧͯͭ̿͘͜

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'd rather move past it and heal.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

RFC2324 posted:

Vodka should be distilled from potatoes...

the vast majority of vodka isn't, at least what's sold in america. most polish vodkas are potato based and some other niche products do it as well, but that's about it.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
big marvel is tackling all the current rap memes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhnrJwBWnaY

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Like, seriously. Popov and Heaven Hill have a FLAVOR. High end vodka tastes like filtered water, or nothing at all.

Also an "acidic" taste is the marker of a lovely scotch, "pine" is the taste of a lovely gin, and "IPA" is the taste of a lovely beer.

any alcohol is good if it lets me forget about my existence for a brief time, tbh.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Steamed Hams But It's Been Played Out For Weeks And Facebook Aunts Have Gotten A Hold Of It

Hey don't blame me for this, I don't even like that steamed hams.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blind Sally posted:

any alcohol is good if it lets me forget about my existence for a brief time, tbh.

Get in on the opioid crisis gravy train. The right people are getting rich off this poo poo so we'll be able to lose days at a time forever now.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Get in on the opioid crisis gravy train. The right people are getting rich off this poo poo so we'll be able to lose days at a time forever now.

Whoa man chill out. I might be a self-loathing, angry addict on a path to self-destruction and an early grave but I'm no junkie.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

trapped mouse posted:

I reckon that whole thing about mixing drinks leading to worse hangovers is bullshit.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Blind Sally posted:

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

objective truth is that the better the vodka, the less flavor it has

This is just wrong. Yeah, you're sold plenty of "super premium" vodkas that are virtually tasteless, but they're not objectively better.

The more traditionally made vodkas reflect the ingredients they're made with. The ingredients are higher quality, they're usually distilled fewer times, the distillation cuts are more narrow, and their filtration is designed not to stomp out the character of the spirit. Corn, Wheat, Rye, Potatoes, Grapes, and everything else vodka is made from bring their own characteristics to the final spirit, and a well made vodka will do a good job of presenting them.

Virtually tasteless vodkas are just distilled and filtered until nothing's left but ethanol and then cut with equally tasteless water. If you want a neutral mixer, knock yourself out but it's not objectively the best vodka.

But yeah, it's funny that Vodquila has successfully marketed tarted up mixto tequila to the rubes.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://vine.co/v/e1Q9JhYpnDt

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

nice

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
divorced, beheaded, died
divorced, beheaded, survived

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Very good memes

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pearl Ham

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Kang Crimson

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Metallico

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ped Zeppelin

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Randaconda posted:

Ped Zeppelin

Alice Is Chains

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Poors

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Beetles

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The Monkeys

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gorillas

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Maroon :five:’d

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Depeche Tode

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.