Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I kind of want a VR Congressional Simulator. Or a Model UN sim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I think that's what VRChat is?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Most fun game of Brass Tactics I've played yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0U1ZdifaKM

We had to agree not to build in the center, it's basically too strong on this map so whoever builds there more or less wins, so the whole game is about fighting for it early. If you don't build on it the game really opens up, we go in here far enough that we have some tech switches which is the first time it's happened. Game is super fun, there's lots of stuff going on all the time, and it's a great visceral feeling to jump all over the place and do a bunch of stuff.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

drat, that looks amazing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You can talk about VR politics, like "Can you believe that knuckles meme blocked the vote on universal ASW?"

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

EbolaIvory posted:

Sounds like I need to find someone looking to sell an S6 for 100 or less. Thank you sir.

Don't forget the Oculus Go comes out in a couple of months (probably) and should be $199. Also don't forget the "Gear VR" plastic + controller itself costs $135 at full retail price. You can get a last gen for for $20 or so which fits all but the newest phones but lacks the controller.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

Chadzok posted:

I’m thinking about getting a bluray drive, apparently the quality is much better straight from the original disk, although the setup to get that going is a bit more complicated and I dunno how much difference it would really make in the Vive/Rift.
If you do this can you post a trip report? I've been thinking about trying it but PC bluray drives are annoyingly expensive here.

Can confirm gravity, avatar etc. are all great in VR - though (understandably) not quite as good as in 3D imax due to the fov and resolution limitations, and the 1080p format (for avatar).

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DrBox posted:

The walking animations for the mechs are super floaty and weird, but everything else looks awesome!

Looks like they do that to avoid view bounce (or cockpit-around-you bounce) which would probably make VR unplayable for a lot of people. I agree that it looks weird.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

Chadzok posted:

I'm tumbling down a 3D VR cinema rabbithole.. do I get a blu-ray drive? I'm going to need a beanbag.. Is 7.1 audio overkill? huh, fulldome? what's that? holy poo poo that would be cool, is there such a thing as fulldome 3D? aaa

Future headsets are going to utterly destroy the home cinema/TV industry. gently caress your 80'' QLED, I'm strapping an IMAX screen to my face

Has any developer worked out how to translate 7.1 / Dolby Atmos into a 2.0 binaural audio stream yet? I want realistic spatialized audio as if I was sitting in the middle row of a theatre.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

PLEX just took some first steps into the VR market, if you store your media on their server product it should be worth keeping an eye on

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/1/24/16927136/plex-vr-google-daydream-now-available-features

No rift/vive support for now but hopefully they’ll add it sooner rather than later.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

w00tazn posted:

Has any developer worked out how to translate 7.1 / Dolby Atmos into a 2.0 binaural audio stream yet? I want realistic spatialized audio as if I was sitting in the middle row of a theatre.

Look at Steam Audio, Unreal has a plugin, Unity has a plugin that Oculus made. So yes several people have but not that many games have implemented it.

To get it to work someone would need to make a game/app that placed the sounds in the locations and then use those plugins. Bigscreen might already have it.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Would those WMR headsets be good enough for someone that only wants VR for racing games?

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Stick100 posted:

Look at Steam Audio, Unreal has a plugin, Unity has a plugin that Oculus made. So yes several people have but not that many games have implemented it.

To get it to work someone would need to make a game/app that placed the sounds in the locations and then use those plugins. Bigscreen might already have it.

Bigscreen doesn't do it for their theater settings, it's probably what I most want to see in a update right now

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

w00tazn posted:

I think the BigScreen guys have said they did this and it sounds bad so they aren't exposing it in the released versions.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

KidDynamite posted:

Would those WMR headsets be good enough for someone that only wants VR for racing games?

Definitely

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008
Now that Subnautica is 1.0 and out of EA, has anyone had a chance to try it in VR? Is the VR support any better? I tried it a while back on my rift but you couldn't even see important parts of the hud cuz the UI was off frame and the crafting hud popped up too close to your face and made me all cross eyed.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Stick100 posted:

These are for generating natively 3D sound, not resampling "surround" sound into 3D.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ralith posted:

These are for generating natively 3D sound, not resampling "surround" sound into 3D.

this is going to sound extremely stupid, but it'll also work: make a couch room in unity/unreal and put the 7.1 speakers or whatever the gently caress in the correct places they have to be and play channels through them :v:

iceaim
May 20, 2001

EbolaIvory posted:

Definitely

But you gotta keep that tiny sweet spot in mind if you're buying a WMR headset that isn't an Odyssey.

Oh yeah speaking of the WMR headsets. How did Microsoft manage to screw up the PSVR flip up "cap" design so badly and made it so uncomfortable compared to the ultra comfy PSVR? You seriously gotta give Sony credit where credit is due. The ergonomics, lenses, and price of their headset is truly fantastic.

Truga posted:

this is going to sound extremely stupid, but it'll also work: make a couch room in unity/unreal and put the 7.1 speakers or whatever the gently caress in the correct places they have to be and play channels through them :v:

Sounds pretty logical to me rather than stupid.

iceaim fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jan 24, 2018

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Cojawfee posted:

You can talk about VR politics, like "Can you believe that knuckles meme blocked the vote on universal ASW?"

I hope Valve has a different name for their controller when it is released.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003
Reference: Windows 10 CPU 6700k Overclocked to 4.4Ghz, GTX 1080, 16 Gb Ram at 3000mhz, all software installed on SSDs

US version TPCast further impressions with about 25 hours of use:

TPCast Impressions:

It takes probably about 10 minutes to physically get the whole thing wired up, and the battery can take up to 24 hours to charge unless you have a high amp charger. With a very high amp charger the battery still takes 8 hours to charge fully.

Startup time using either OpenTPCast or the built in software is on the order of (1-3) minutes

The runtime of the battery is extremely long (I've gone 4+ hours without draining it)

The green line (right side) is incredibly annoying causing me to push the lenses a bit out so (reducing FOV a decent bit, and probably losing resolution) I couldn't see it directly but in certain scenes (mostly black screens) you can still see a faint reflection of the green line.

The blue line is present but not nearly as annoying since it's so dark as to almost appear black which is what you get past the blue/green line

I'm almost certain that the TPCast is not covering the entire range of the screen so instead of 2160×1200 you're probably getting something like 1800x1200, this was not any different on stock or OpenTPCast

If you are having re-projection then you can very easily see the greenline/blueline/blackareas by turning your head since you are not getting a new frame and just rotating the existing frame

The battery on the belt works fine, if you are moving a lot the battery can easily move from behind to the front, but it's easy enough to just push back

The battery is quite heavy and is only anchored on the very top, if you end up hopping you can easily get the battery pack to swing back and forth. In an extreme case I could see racking yourself by having the battery pack move to the front and then hopping enough to have the battery pack hit yourself

The OpenTP cast software is not hard to flash/install and lets you use the microphone

When you have a direct line of sight to the router the tracking seems comparable to wired. I did all of the OpenTPCast related optimizations for the network. If there is anything in the line of sight I'll lose tracking of the headset (grey screen) and controllers almost immediately

I did not notice a downgrade in audio quality but I'm not an audiophile, when functioning properly I did not notice and downgrade in quality of the graphics nor increased latency. I don't easily get motion sick but I am extremely sensitive to latency and frame pacing. If there is one SteamVR reprojected frame out of a thousand I can usually notice it.

The graphics will sometimes mess up, this can manifest in two different ways. One is that you'll see compression artifacts like the following: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compression_artifact the other way it can fail is that it will lose sync. If this happens then the screen will go black and you'll have to wait around 10 seconds for it to reconnect. I've had this happen during rounds of Standout and Pavlov with predictable results. In my about 25 hours of TPcast use I've had this happen about 15 times. After readjusting the transmitter I was able to reduce it but it still happens about once every 3 hours on average. This does not happen after degrading connection quality and I believe it is in part related to heat as it seems to happen after you've been playing for awhile and seems less likely if I'm running my AC aggressively

Sometimes the audio will drop similarly to the video dropping. It probably happened about once every 2 hours and was only mildly annoying.

I do believe the Video was darker while using TPCast due I did not compare

There are numerous ways the software OpenTP cast VirtualHere can cause issues. If you have enough desyncs or don't shut down VirtualHere properly it can break your windows audio service resulting in the inability to output any sound until you reboot the computer. The VirtualHere often hold onto resources and keep you from being able to reboot the computer requiring you to physically power the machine off and on. I spent around a third of my time with the stock software and also saw similar issues so I'm not sure it's completely confined to VirtualHere/OpenTPCast

The VirtualHere software creates a new sound output and microphone that only exists while the software is running. Often you'll get into SteamVR and then realize you don't have sound and require switching outputs. Of course this isn't just an issue for TPCast but the hassle of switching inputs was annoying.

Because of all of these issues sometimes I have sometimes spent upwards of 15 minutes waiting for startup/sync/fiddling/rebooting/switching inputs before I could even play a game.

Once you get everything setup and working and change your SteamVR settings to choose the speakers / mic on startup the procedure is plug-in the battery, open VirtualHere wait about 1 minute while starting up/syncing then startup SteamVR, then confirm it's got the right sound output and mic then you can put on the headset and play. That will often work without incident. After you're done it's probably wise to close SteamVR by hand, then VirtualHere then reboot your computer. Not rebooting will decrease the chance that it will work next time and occasionally your sound output will break.

Playing without the cord is very nice for a few games. Most games are designed for 180 or 360 with very limited spinning. Some games that it is very nice for include the Serious Sam 3D games, Holopoint, Pavlov, and Standout but most other current games see limited benefit.

After playing a long session I put the battery to charge and hooked up my Rift/Cameras. The last time I'd seriously used a Rift was shortly after the launch of Touch. My primary complaint against the Rift at the time was the short cable keeping me from being able to use my whole play space. Since then I've learned you can use the Vive link box, so I hooked into that to get an extra 5 feet and now I can use my whole play space. For reference my play space is roughly 10x10.

At first I tried using the Rift in 180 mode but coming from the Vive I was often annoying that I'd lose hand tracking the second I turned 90 degrees.

Rift + Touch with 2 Cameras in 360 Mode comparisons to Vive:

The Rift is massively lighter (I've got a first gen Vive + Vive and Chill + Deluxe audio head strap) and significantly most comfortable

The Rift FOV is quite a bit lower (wide) then the Vive, but the effective res is high resulting in less SDE and easier to read text

The Rift is much brighter (this could be in part TPCast) although I also remember that before adding TPCast

The Rift will fog up temporarily if you exert yourself while I can't recall ever having this issue on the Vive. Even playing the same games (Soundboxing as an example) I'll fog a Rift but not a Vive

ASW is amazing and Revive is not really an acceptable substitute. I could primarily tell this because Echo Arena is nearly unplayable on Revive between the funky touchpad controls and reprojection. While playing with Oculus and Touch I completely understand the appeal of the game and have really gotten into it and am considering getting Lone Echo.

Echo Arena is awesome on Oculus+Touch but not very fun to play through revive

The Touch controllers are significantly better than the Vive wands. They are much more comfortable to hold, the grip buttons are natural to keep gripped, the thumb sticks work great for artificial locomotion, the face buttons become natural very quickly. It's nice not having to plug them into charge nearly every session

Tracking is on par with Vive with one exception that I unfortunately run into pretty often but it's only slightly annoying. I have my cameras setup to that facing toward the front of the game space the cameras are to my front left and back right. Most shooting games you aim with your right hand. I've been playing a lot of Blasters of the Universe in this game you have a gun in your right hand and a shield with your left. To stabilize my aim I tend to put my left and hand and then rest my right hand on the inside of my left hand. If I do this the left hand/touch controller will occlude the right controller and keep it from tracking. When this happens I'll still have 3DOF on my gun hand but I'll lose positional tracking. The easy fix for this is to just switch the hand positions and put my right hand in front of the left but this feels slightly less natural. This issue would probably be fixed with a 4 camera setup, or mostly mitigated by a three camera setup. This issue impacts other games that also use two hands on guns like Pavlov using handguns or the P90.

The easy of startup using the Rift compared to either Vive or Vive+TPCast is incredible. If I want to play a round of Echo Arena/Blasters of the Universe I just put on the headset and in 15 seconds I'm in game. I've got the Rift tray tool to automatically change the sound inputs and it works in all cases for Rift titles. I think I've even changed my opinion on having the playspace aim towards your screen. I used to hate it out of fear of hitting my computer/screen but after a year of playing games I think that was a bit overblown, and the ease of getting in and out and being able to see the screen outweighs the risks.

I do have an issue that I have to manually change the inputs for Sound and Microphone once I open SteamVR from the Rift library but I'm guessing I can fix this by changing the SteamVR setting that changes inputs

Notes on Windows Mixed Reality:
I have a WMR dev kit, and its fine. I personally can’t use it with SteamVR because I have windows enterprise edition installed and there is no OS build sufficiently high enough to use SteamVR, I contacted MS about this issue but have not received a response. I’m guessing it’s just not something they’ve considered, to use SteamVR I’d have to downgrade my OS and I don’t feel like doing that.

The tracking of headset is perfect and the controllers WMR are fine, not tracking out of the field of view doesn’t seem like a problem, you can see on Youtube videos they do a pretty good job of tracking via interpolation for a ½ a second or so once you go out of site of the cameras making things like grabbing off your shoulder possible.

The headset tracking is 100%, the only issue I saw was you need a lit room. I was trying to setup WMR the first time in a room that was dark because someone was sleeping and the headset couldn’t track.

The only controller tracking issue I found was that you’ll lose tracking close to your face. There are sometimes/games where you end up with the controllers a couple of inches from your face, in these cases the positional tracking will fail.

I found the optics quite good, as we know it has a higher resolution I did not find it very noticeable

I have an IPD of 64 which apparently is the fixed resolution most of the headsets so I probably have more favorable feelings than others if they get one without an IPD

The flip up screen could be useful but also creates light bleed and leaves a feeling the headset is not solidly glued to your face

The windows home/apps (treehouse) seem perfectly fine but have no advantage over either SteamVR or Oculus apps/home

I’ve only spent a few hours messing around with WMR and it seems perfectly fine and probably the best solution if you were developing apps for the enterprise due to the lack up lighthouses/oculus camera and flip up visor

Additional considerations for TPCast:
If you get the TPCast it will work with the specific headset only (Vive, or Rift no crossover and no support for Vive Pro)

TPCast has announced a new product, and several competitors have announced other wireless products

Conclusions: I'm planning on returning my TPCast, I will probably switch completely from Vive primary to Rift primary. If you're using the Rift in 180 because you only have 2 cameras, get some extension cords and try it in 360, two camera 360 tracking seems to work fine now. The setup gave me a warning that they were too far apart but they seem fine

Even at the same price the Rift is a massively better product/ecosystem then either the Vive or WMR

The tracking of all three is fine and not a huge advantage for any of the headsets

The Rift feels like the most polished and complete experience by a long shot, the Rift controllers are the best followed by Vive wands

Echo Arena is awesome but only when played on the Rift, I'm guessing I'll feel the same way about Robo recall once I give that a try against

ASW is incredible and without it SteamVR is not nearly as compelling as the Oculus API. Multiplatform developers should develop for both SteamVR and the Oculus API even for distribution in Steam.

I’m excited for Santa Cruise, WMR has shown that Inside Out tracking of Headsets and 6Dof controllers is completely viable, tetherless VR is nice, and the Oculus convenience/quick startup is incredibly important. The experiences can’t be as complex as on a GTX 1080 but I think we can get great VR out of mobile hardware if we really push ourselves

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

iceaim posted:

But you gotta keep that tiny sweet spot in mind if you're buying a WMR headset that isn't an Odyssey.

Oh yeah speaking of the WMR headsets. How did Microsoft manage to screw up the PSVR flip up "cap" design so badly and made it so uncomfortable compared to the ultra comfy PSVR? You seriously gotta give Sony credit where credit is due. The ergonomics, lenses, and price of their headset is truly fantastic.

Sounds pretty logical to me rather than stupid.

I feel like if my ipd was within range the spot would be fine. I’m 69 and the dell set at 67 was “close” and had it of been on the dot I feel like it would have been much better. Might be wrong there.

And yes. Lol @ the dell headband. Totally not comfy imo

iceaim
May 20, 2001

Very cool review Stick100, though I personally don't agree with you with regards to Echo Arena. As far as performance goes, it feels very smooth and comfortable to me in Revive on my Vive on an Asus GTX 1080 and with a 6700k CPU. I think there was maybe 3% reprojection? It wasn't happening very often and the game felt fine.

I do however consider ASW to be a superior form of reprojection that SteamVR badly needs to have implemented. I'm really annoyed with Valve about how slow they are compared to Oculus.

I do also agree with you with regards to the motion controllers, though you can compensate for that using Open VR Advance Settings and binding "grip" to your trigger instead.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003

iceaim posted:

Very cool review Stick100, though I personally don't agree with you with regards to Echo Arena. As far as performance goes, it feels very smooth and comfortable to me in Revive on my Vive on an Asus GTX 1080 and with a 6700k CPU. I think there was maybe 3% reprojection? It wasn't happening very often and the game felt fine.

I personally really feel that 3% reprojection, I run most games on med/low even with a 1080 because I hate reprojection.

The big issue with Echo Arena on Revive is the control differences. Punching someone with Touch controls feels natural, but grabbing the grip and trigger on Vive is not natural. Also having the specific buttons for thrusters (which you use almost constantly) as opposed to the inside areas of the touch pad feels much better.

I've tried all three settings for Revive grip and none of them really work since you need to use it all the time to choose when to grab and release surfaces. Having both grip and trigger on trigger would def. help for punching.

Echo Arena is much better on Touch, and the removal of re-projection feels much better for me personally. Some people don't mind re-projection but personally I hate it.

Stick100 fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jan 24, 2018

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

w00tazn posted:

On Xbox One you can purchase an app which supports Atmos decoding to headphones, but obviously that doesn't track your head movement and just assumes you're in the center of the viewing area.

Ralith posted:

Atmos is positional audio encoding, sounds are assigned a location in 3D space and the audio is "rendered" in real-time by the decoder based on what speakers you have available and their known positions. It's more like video game audio than traditional surround sound.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Stick100 posted:

Echo Arena is much better on Touch, and the removal of re-projection feels much better for me personally. Some people don't mind re-projection but personally I hate it.

This reminded me, I played Lone Echo for the first time a few days ago, and in the first level, there's a sort of "gravity gun" floating around the bridge of the ship. They don't call any attention to it and it can't be scanned, but if you pick it up and hold the trigger, it'll push/pull all the floating objects with a tractor beam.

I gathered up about a dozen items in the room and blasted them into the wall repeatedly, and even with an 8700k and 1080ti, the physics calculations slowed the game down to like 1FPS.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only
I got http://www.trustedreviews.com/reviews/vive-pro recommended by Google.

Not a lot of new information, but the automatic IPD sounds nifty.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Edison was a dick posted:

Something else I noticed is there's volume buttons on the left earphone... that's a nice addition; on the Rift I gotta bring up the overlay and futz around in VR a bit to make adjustments.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Zero VGS posted:

This reminded me, I played Lone Echo for the first time a few days ago, and in the first level, there's a sort of "gravity gun" floating around the bridge of the ship. They don't call any attention to it and it can't be scanned, but if you pick it up and hold the trigger, it'll push/pull all the floating objects with a tractor beam.

I gathered up about a dozen items in the room and blasted them into the wall repeatedly, and even with an 8700k and 1080ti, the physics calculations slowed the game down to like 1FPS.

This was added in the most recent patch, and it is only there on the 'high performance' or whatever option. It comes along with graphical enhancements and ragdoll physics for your corpse-shells, both of which will also kill your performance unless you have a top of the line rig.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Edison was a dick posted:

Not sure how much to trust this review, he got a bunch of things wrong. Mistook the VRCovers for the actual Vive Pro facepad, for example.

Zero VGS posted:

Something else I noticed is there's volume buttons on the left earphone... that's a nice addition; on the Rift I gotta bring up the overlay and futz around in VR a bit to make adjustments.

Also a mute button on the back of the right.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today

Zero VGS posted:

That's odd. Computing physics for a mere dozen objects is nothing, if they're not all super obnoxiously shaped.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

I had written off PSVR since I thought it wouldn't be able to compete with escalating PC graphics card tech but the crypto mining frenzy means it costs something like $1500 to go from no gaming PC -> VR right now. I can't see anybody being willing to jump in at that price. PSVR is like $400 total.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy

Chadzok posted:

This was added in the most recent patch, and it is only there on the 'high performance' or whatever option. It comes along with graphical enhancements and ragdoll physics for your corpse-shells, both of which will also kill your performance unless you have a top of the line rig.

But I do have a top of the line rig! That's why it's extra funny, I have a delidded and pre-binned 5.2 ghz 8700k and it noped the gently caress out when I gathered and collided a dozen pieces of space junk. We're talking like, turned my head and I could see the black sides where the world wasn't rendered yet. Try it yourself if you wanna puke.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The more I hear about the Vive Pro, the more I kind of want it.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Chadzok posted:

Not sure how much to trust this review, he got a bunch of things wrong. Mistook the VRCovers for the actual Vive Pro facepad, for example.

Where are you getting that VRCovers thing from? The Pro has a new cloth-lined face cushion. They showed it off during the reveal and it's mentioned on the product page. I'd imagine HTC would be demoing it with that, not third party accessories.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The guy mentions a leather face interface, so they were probably using a cleanable cover for demoing.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
Lipstick Apathy
Calling your site "trusted reviews" makes me trust them a lot less, that's for sure.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Is there a somethingawful vrchat community?

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

The more I hear about the Vive Pro, the more I kind of want it.

Same. I haven't had a good experience with HTC's support though, getting the deluxe audio strap was a clusterfuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Just checked out Google Earth VR for the first time in a while. Didn't realize they had added the human-size mode. Makes an awesome program even better.

Funny thing about Google Earth VR - I few months ago I was interested in potentially buying a house near where I live. I happened to cruise over to it in GE and "stood" on the roof (where I'd be adding a deck) when I realized that my neighbor's third story would completely impede view of the city. Nevermind. Thanks, VR!