Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Before we get to deep down the hand size rabbit hole (again) a few pro hand sizes for perspective.

Tony Romo: 8.86
Michael Vick: 8 1/2
Aaron Rodgers: 9 3/8
Brett Farvre: 10. 3/8
Drew Brees: 10 1/4
Russell Wilson: 10 1/4
Ryan Tannehill: 9
Derek Carr: 9 1/8
Alex Smith 9 3/8
Carson Wentz: 10
Jared Goff 9
Dak Prescott: 10 3/8

What scouts and draftniks describe as small one year is fine the next. Yes it has practical application in gripping the ball but is hardly a make or break measurement.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Before we get to deep down the hand size rabbit hole (again) a few pro hand sizes for perspective.

Tony Romo: 8.86
Michael Vick: 8 1/2
Aaron Rodgers: 9 3/8
Brett Farvre: 10. 3/8
Drew Brees: 10 1/4
Russell Wilson: 10 1/4
Ryan Tannehill: 9
Derek Carr: 9 1/8
Alex Smith 9 3/8

What scouts and draftniks describe as small one year is fine the next. Yes it has practical application in gripping the ball but is hardly a make or break measurement.

wow no wonder favre's dick was so big

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Now repost the tweet of the black qb (Bridgewater?) having small hands, and the white qb (Jimmy G?) having the same measurement but noted as being big enough.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I want to run hand sizes vs yards/tds/ints/ypc but boy howdy do I hate doing stats work

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Russell Wilson has the length where it matters!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Other than size, what is the case against Mayfield?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Grabbing his dick

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Ehud posted:

From a non-intangible standpoint his passes are really slow. Super slow. Like he has the arm strength to get it downfield but if youre asking him to hit a 10 yard route it's going to get there tenths of a second sooner than a bunch of current guys. He's also a shotgun only guy that made use of the heavy option runs that Oklahoma likes to use. He can read the field of course but he has a bad knack for opening his body towards a throw which leads to the previously mentioned passing velocity problems.

He's still really good though.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Real Name Grover posted:

Grabbing his dick

he said case against

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Ehud posted:

Planted OU flag in middle of Ohio State field after game, arrested for drunk and disorderly and grabbed his dick an opposing team that was cheap shotting him all game.

Using such a thorough evaluation process some scouts have decided that he is the 2nd coming of Manziel.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Doltos posted:

From a non-intangible standpoint his passes are really slow. Super slow. Like he has the arm strength to get it downfield but if youre asking him to hit a 10 yard route it's going to get there tenths of a second sooner than a bunch of current guys. He's also a shotgun only guy that made use of the heavy option runs that Oklahoma likes to use. He can read the field of course but he has a bad knack for opening his body towards a throw which leads to the previously mentioned passing velocity problems.

He's still really good though.

Considering the progression of college and NFL, everybody is gonna go shotgun only sooner or later

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Those measurements are really emasculating to me and my 7.5” hands. I’m basically a child.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Different sport but Jordan had 11.5" hands

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mastershakeman posted:

Different sport but Jordan had 11.5" hands

I'd imagine basketball players are the kings of huge hands out of all the major sports.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

I'd imagine basketball players are the kings of huge hands out of all the major sports.

Kawhi has the biggest hands I have ever seen bar none

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Alaois posted:

Can't Do Bench With Only One Hand

Shaq had a special prosthetic built for weight lifting. He's a great lifter.

Edit: I'm not sure how I missed the response that said exactly this. Behold my shame.

zimbomonkey fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jan 25, 2018

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

NFL should switch to metric because the way this stuff is written is weird as hell.

Any weed guys or small school guys to watch out for?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Bigass Moth posted:

What is his bubble measurement?

I too would like to know his bubble butt measurement as I’m sure it ties to some metric about speed and power in a mobile QB.

Is his rear end elite enough to get a super bowl ring?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Considering the progression of college and NFL, everybody is gonna go shotgun only sooner or later

Nah you see it now in the NFL when shotgun teams slowly go back to pro sets when their run game loving sucks. The shotgun sets up the run if the passing is successful. Linebackers play back on their heels or in zones to cover for CBs getting shredded on middle and flat routes and all of a sudden there's just a four man rush with a spying LB for your runner to blast by. If your CBs are locking down the three receiver sets or jamming longer routes then the LBs are playing in the box and have time to get downhill against a longer developing run play. It's why Baltimore and LA were so successful against the pass this year.

Never underestimate the NFL's ability to eventually adapt and shut down a seemingly unstoppable type of offense.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Bigass Moth posted:

Now repost the tweet of the black qb (Bridgewater?) having small hands, and the white qb (Jimmy G?) having the same measurement but noted as being big enough.

Good memory.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

13 minutes apart

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

BlindSite posted:

NFL should switch to metric because the way this stuff is written is weird as hell.

Any weed guys or small school guys to watch out for?

Marcus Davenport, DE from UTSA is getting a bunch of buzz.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Just wow.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Tired: Wingspan
Wired: Hand size
Inspired: Middle finger length

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
“Dick is too big by 5/8th inch and leans left, throwing motion off. Defenses will adjust quickly.”

“Strong powerful freakish arms, the kind you’d see in a field hand in the old days of my grandpappy’s farm down south.”

“Good face, very bright, looks commanding and shows leadership and grit. Good football character, good football girlfriend.”

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Henchman of Santa posted:

13 minutes apart

hahaha I was expecting them to be like a day apart but nope

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Kawhi has the biggest hands I have ever seen bar none

This is Giannis

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Papercut posted:

This is Giannis

Yeah basketball players are ridiculous

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hifi posted:

i think hand size is one of the measurement things you can actually game with stretching and traditional chinese orthopedics

just from playing guitar one of my hands is like an inch "bigger" than the other

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

wandler20 posted:

Marcus Davenport, DE from UTSA is getting a bunch of buzz.

I just today watched video of him getting washed in the run game. Repeatedly.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Papercut posted:

This is Giannis

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

ELITE

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

rabidsquid posted:

just from playing guitar one of my hands is like an inch "bigger" than the other

Your left hand? I've been playing for three years now and my left hand is slightly longer than my right.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

How is hand length measured? Wrist-to-tip of middle finger?

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
gently caress hand measurements, here are the real stats

https://twitter.com/seniorbowl/status/956285425508810757

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

How is hand length measured? Wrist-to-tip of middle finger?

Spread your hand out as far as possible, the measurement is tip of the thumb to tip of the pinky.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Real Name Grover posted:

gently caress hand measurements, here are the real stats

https://twitter.com/seniorbowl/status/956285425508810757
holy poo poo 66mph. for reference..
https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/840334987958329346

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Josh Allen is going to have some impressive out of bounds throwaways and deep overthrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hot radar gun?

I can buy Allen would have more velocity on throws, I'm not sure I buy that he has that margin of velocity over Mahomes.

• Locked thread