Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Their current ambassadors include sex tape participants and people with drug, indecent exposure, and domestic violence arrests on their record. I'm not sure exactly how much impact the Hogan tape has at this stage considering we're now a decade removed from when he said it - unless this is a hardline position from a major sponsor.

CubsWoo fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
We're not a decade removed from when the tape was a major news story.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CubsWoo posted:

Their current ambassadors include sex tape participants and people with drug, indecent exposure, and domestic violence arrests on their record. I'm not sure exactly how much impact the Hogan tape has at this stage considering we're now a decade removed from when he said it - unless this is a hardline position from a major sponsor.

In Hogan's case the reason he isn't in the company is because of the tape so it brings up obvious questions.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think the major reason is that WWE upper management doesn't want to deal with Hogan's bullshit.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

CubsWoo posted:

Their current ambassadors include sex tape participants and people with drug, indecent exposure, and domestic violence arrests on their record.

And that's just X-Pac!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

In Hogan's case the reason he isn't in the company is because of the tape so it brings up obvious questions.

I mean it's not like the WWE has based an award and honored Cancer survivors in the name of a talent who's done wor...oh wait they have and continue to do so. Well carry on!

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Bryan's selling video versions of the Bryan & Vinny show for (what I assume is) $3 US an episode or with a separate monthly subscription service from the normal site.

http://video.f4wonline.com/

This is not going to go well, I think.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am not sure what to make of the F4W video on demand service.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Hard to believe it's coincidental after the giant success of Post Wrestling's patreon. And it's no added value and only portends a bunch of lovely visual gags on future B&V podcasts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

A large part of the appeal of the Observer's audio stuff for me is that I can throw on headphones and listen to it while doing other stuff, working out, heading somewhere else etc. The video format would require largely just sitting there passively watching THEM just sitting there talking, which doesn't make any kind of sense to me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Let's all Try to be more understanding of others. I am happy for those who want to watch Bryan Alvarez and "Big" Vinny V.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I mean it's not like the WWE has based an award and honored Cancer survivors in the name of a talent who's done wor...oh wait they have and continue to do so. Well carry on!

People are pretty forgiving of dead people just in general. Celebrities more so.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

algebra testes posted:

I am not sure what to make of the F4W video on demand service.

have they brought back LIVE B&V/WOR yet

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

There’s gonna be one at Mania weekend, with a sign outside like this:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

A large part of the appeal of the Observer's audio stuff for me is that I can throw on headphones and listen to it while doing other stuff, working out, heading somewhere else etc. The video format would require largely just sitting there passively watching THEM just sitting there talking, which doesn't make any kind of sense to me.

I imagine it's so they can do a wrestling version of those twitch streams where a girl in leggings bends over a lot while playing DOTA.

You're going to see a lot more of big Vinny V is what I'm saying.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

CubsWoo posted:

The difference is, people care. Given someone mentioned X-Pac I assume you mean him, but mainstream press don't give a poo poo about the ambassador's discretions, whereas Hulk's were major stories.

And I'm surprised people aren't also saying re. value- Hulk is indeed likely rich as gently caress after the gawker deal- while the initial $140 million was appealed, they settled on $31 million. Now, while he had backers, and lawyers to pay, that would have him set for some time. Hulk would likely want a lot, and it would be questionable how much he would bring in.

Jerusalem posted:

I can see some value in it. Being able to flick through to watch them reacting to the funniest bits will add to the humour- the visual/social associations of laughter and smiling are more powerful than just audio.

But completely seperate? I could see like.....$3-5 option on top of subscription, if I didn't have a subscription, maybe. But it's a high price to pay for the value it might add.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I’d pay a few bucks for the christmas episode.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Captain Magic posted:

I’d pay a few bucks for the christmas episode.

This was my thought. Paying for the few absolutely wacky episodes each ear, but really day to day I don't know what the hell there is to watch.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’d pay if we get an uncut version of Bryan trying to connect with Granny every week

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
lol at that price point. No thanks

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Hulk didn't pay lawyers poo poo, his lawsuit was entirely bankrolled and the guy who did it has no use for the pocket change Hulk got

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Ten bucks a month? Are they completely high?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Not possible. I don't think Bryan knows what drugs are.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

High? What would I even get high on? Ben...A Dryl?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Video recordings that aren't even live streamed and charging for a "beta" when people have no idea what they're getting. They might be on drugs because they ain't dealers giving out free tasters.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

CubsWoo posted:

If the WWE fired everyone in the company that has called people the N word, there wouldn't be a WWE left

WWE only cares about bad press, not the actual awful things that go on in that company

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

What makes Hogan worth bringing back is that he is a newsworthy personage and what makes him impossible to bring back is that same newsworthyness. He's too big to ignore.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

remusclaw posted:

He's too big to ignore.

That's only true of Hulk Hogan, not Terry Bollea.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

CombineThresher posted:

That's only true of Hulk Hogan, not Terry Bollea.

:vince:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Episode 12: The History of TNA Part 2 is up! Time to talk finances.

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/13881898

Make sure to rate us on itunes and subscribe or whatever.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

MassRafTer posted:

Are you guys on Google Play? I loving LOVED the episodes I've listened to so far!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Are you guys on Google Play? I loving LOVED the episodes I've listened to so far!

It's under review so hopefully soon.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

MassRafTer posted:

listening to this I'm not even sure how this got of the ground let alone stay alive for so long

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

listening to this I'm not even sure how this got of the ground let alone stay alive for so long

A dude and his dad dug themselves a hole and then said DIG UP STUPID

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Through sheer inertia and outlandish stubbornness, mostly.

Dixie Carter is still repping TNA poo poo. To this day.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

SatoshiMiwa posted:

its a company run by idiots who keep finding bigger idiots to fund them

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I hope one TNA/IMPACT gets funded by some Yakuza group just to complete a circle of bad money chasing wrestling

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'm still backlogged on podcasts so I've only made it through the first two Monumental Podcasts, but I'm hooked.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
After reading Dave's write up on the Enzo case, my first thought is that the Law and Order SVU writers got a gimme on this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

After reading Dave's write up on the Enzo case, my first thought is that the Law and Order SVU writers got a gimme on this one.

Imagine if Enzo just settled for a quiet night in.