Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I can't even imagine the IQ required to like both Star Citizen AND Rick & Morty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Martman posted:

I can't even imagine the IQ required to like both Star Citizen AND Rick & Morty.

It's over 42 !

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Pixelate posted:

So I think I've found Star Citizen's Achilles heel. The secret hex that will tilt their stumbles from crisis to crisis, accelerating them into an ultimate flaming dumpster dive.

It's Britishness:

• Chris Roberts is the nexus of everything that's wrong with Star Citizen. Chris Roberts was raised in Manchester.

• SQ42's pursuit of UK tax breaks has helped catalyse the potentially-crippling Crytek lawsuit.

• Elite Dangerous looks like it might, just might, become the expansively dull space job simulator that SC aspires to be, stealing their thunder and long-term aspirations.

• Derek Smart was raised in Watford.

Elite eclipsing Star Citizen in every way has already happened.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Meridian posted:

You can't walk around your spaceship goonie. Checkmate.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

no_recall posted:

You can't walk around your spaceship goonie. Checkmate.

I mean I know that's the response, but let's be real, wandering around a lovely, dull environment is not a gameplay mechanic.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Its the only sole mechanic that works in Star Citizen. Hence the reason its better than Elite.

Every mechanic in Elite works as intended. So in conclusion, Star Citizen is therefore better.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

no_recall posted:

Its the only sole mechanic that works in Star Citizen. Hence the reason its better than Elite.

Every mechanic in Elite works as intended. So in conclusion, Star Citizen is therefore better.

The one thing you can do in Star Citizen kind of sort of works, never mind the clipping, crazy The Thing style player models and lack of progression. You can walk. Walking is good. Pledge now.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Meridian posted:

The one thing you can do in Star Citizen kind of sort of works, never mind the clipping, crazy The Thing style player models and lack of progression. You can walk. Walking is good. Pledge now.

I love when Shitizens seriously raise walking as such a wonderful advantage of their game-like experience,, and I think back to when Eve players held an in-game riot against it.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ZekeNY posted:

I love when Shitizens seriously raise walking as such a wonderful advantage of their game-like experience,, and I think back to when Eve players held an in-game riot against it.

You can walk in X: Rebirth as well, remember backlash on that game? Still more features than Star Citizen.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Without walking how are you supposed to hand-load your 600 crates of cargo hmmmm??????

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Martman posted:

Galaxybrain.jpg

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

peter gabriel posted:

He thinks you should pretty much point your chariot around space as if using a mouse, the guy is so stuck in the 90s he thinks this is something people want.

And he wouldn't be wrong, assuming you're talking about opening up the game to the general public and not the space-sim niche genre fans. Look at space maps in Battlefront 2. Pretty much everybody seems to be in agreement that the space flight model in that game is good and fun. And it's turn-instantly-where-your-mouse-is.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The customer service team is so used to saying "as a one time courtesy" as part of the refund process that they're saying it for everything.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Martman posted:

And to quote idubbbz

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The customer service team is so used to saying "as a one time courtesy" as part of the refund process that they're saying it for everything.

I thought it was that they only reply once before flushing the cs queue and blaming thevdatabase schmeg :confused:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Is Croblets dead or in jail yet?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

Funny you should mention. Just the other day I got much too high, and the next day I discovered that some fiend had hacked into my Steam account and purchased American Truck Simulator. Perhaps it was even YOU that did the deed, AbsoluteLlama!

Anyway, haven’t played it much, but I do find it strangely satisfying and almost therapeutic. That, plus that fact that the game plus six pieces of DLC cost fourteen bucks, and it’s an actual game that exists which you can play nets it four out of five Parps.

The Truck Sims are weirdly super relaxing. Most of my ETS2 time was when I was at a job with a super toxic workplace environment; I'd go trucking on Sunday evening to relax and destress before the new work week. They're worth having around just for that reason, and like you noted, they work and are inexpensive. Definitely a four parper.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Strawberry, please.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Nyast posted:

And he wouldn't be wrong, assuming you're talking about opening up the game to the general public and not the space-sim niche genre fans. Look at space maps in Battlefront 2. Pretty much everybody seems to be in agreement that the space flight model in that game is good and fun. And it's turn-instantly-where-your-mouse-is.

Are you saying the flight model in Star Citizen is good?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Chris Roberts needs to release Star Citizen Alpha 4.0 soon, Braben is catching up :ohdear:

Elite Dangerous 3.0 Open Beta - Patch Notes

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Is Croblets dead or in jail yet?

Only on the inside and he's a prisoner of his incompetence so kind of.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Rats Nezitic

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

DapperDon posted:

There are not enough words to say gently caress You about this.

You only need 2.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Daztek posted:

Chris Roberts needs to release Star Citizen Alpha 4.0 soon, Braben is catching up :ohdear:

Elite Dangerous 3.0 Open Beta - Patch Notes

Time for Roberts to open a 6th studio.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Without walking how are you supposed to hand-load your 600 crates of cargo hmmmm??????

Which reminds me that even the first E:D SF book (Reclamation) describes how ships are loaded by robot vehicles.
What SF writer would not come up with some mechanical loading mechanism? Hacking it was even a plot point.

Bayonnefrog
Nov 9, 2017

Hi Everyone,

You might like this. IRL I'm finance/accounting person. I have to keep up my license doing CPE credits every year. Doing one course now on corporate cash management and read this line:

"The forecast reveals a cash shortfall beginning in the third week, which will require a cumulative total of $129,000 of additional financing if the company wants to meet its scheduled payment obligations."

Was just intriguing to me how clear everyone becomes when you look at it in financial terms. Basically it's what CIG is doing every month with their jpegs sale or "tour our office dinner night." It's just marketing and spin to make you think it's just about the dinner or the jpeg. When you cut through the BS it just additional rounds of financing just to keep the lights on. Hilarious.

Bayonneferog

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Wait....as a One time courtesy they'll unfuck your account by wiping you and making you start again. The implication there is you will have to pay to have them fix your broken accounts in the future.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dusty Lens posted:

My schedule is absolutely slammed right at present but once I have a little breathing room to consider playing video games Angels Fall First is a title I plan to explore. I was a tremendous fan of Planetside 2 back in the day and am really looking forward to the possibility of scratching that itch.

Planetside 2 is in the process of having the last money wrung out of it. Angels Fall First appears to suffer from player falloff, although I'll admit to have only dipping a toe in that pond.

Bayonnefrog posted:

When you cut through the BS it just additional rounds of financing just to keep the lights on. Hilarious.

Even better is that it might not have started that way, but that revenue stream is like crack. I'm willing to bet someone has a very accurate pace graph that shows when their stream is falling below a certain level.

The road to hell is paved with the best of intentions and all that.

Hav fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 25, 2018

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Meridian posted:

No no no no no.
Don't waken Toopsie!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You know, I am suprised there isn't a digitized Chris NPC in Star Citizen.
Someone you see every time you step out of the wankpod.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Zzr posted:

Who the gently caress thinks about an obscure disney movie and not the game when talked about lemmings ? Glad I was not alone.

Lemmings the game would have never been created if it wasn't for the Disney Lemmings short film.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Hav posted:

Even better is that it might not have started that way, but that revenue stream is like crack.

Lets all wait for discovery.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Downloading ED beta 3.0 hurrah!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

happyhippy posted:

You know, I am suprised there isn't a digitized Chris NPC in Star Citizen.
Someone you see every time you step out of the wankpod.

There is one in E:D. He keeps trying to rob players, but invariably gets blown up for his troubles.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Dear Sandi,

Please practice, in front of a mirror, smiling using only your eyes. Keep your mouth completely still and just use your eyes to smile. If you are having trouble, think of something funny or nice that will push a genuine smile onto your face. Compare and contrast. It has to do with more than just the lower eyelid.

Good luck.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Star Citizen Open Beta 3.0 is up guys!! with the new Drake Interplanetary Cutlass = the ship with unparalleled maneuverability

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dooguk posted:

Downloading ED beta 3.0 hurrah!

poo poo. Chris will have to up it to 3.1 to keep ahead of them soon.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Chris trying to one up EDs beta by trying to get the dogfight module out the door first and failing was one for the SC highlight reel.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Sillybones posted:

Dear Sandi,

Please practice, in front of a mirror, smiling using only your eyes. Keep your mouth completely still and just use your eyes to smile. If you are having trouble, think of something funny or nice that will push a genuine smile onto your face. Compare and contrast. It has to do with more than just the lower eyelid.

Good luck.

Sandi reminds me of what happens when you mess around with the face generator sliders in Skyrim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Sillybones posted:

Dear Sandi,

Good luck.

I much prefer her current smile - the one that resembles a velociraptor trying to suppress a recent indignity.