Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

What's the best Archwing weapons? Going to try get them for the weekend grind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

DE really needs to make warframes easier to get for newbies. The MR0-5 bottleneck sucks rear end. Like drat at least give players 3 WF slots and like 5-10 weapon slots. The wait for frames and weapons early on is killer.

Congrats! And yeah that quest line is amazing.
The soundtrack at this bit is awesome. I managed to avoid all the spoilers when i got back and wss legit surprised by the quest. Its great.

DONT DO IT
Jun 5, 2008

this level will be fun guys

kxZyle posted:

Well the double XP weekend is finally officially confirmed, so let's do a giveaway.

As you may or may not know, the double weekend boosters stack with market boosters for a 4x total boost. Since this is my first double weekend ever, I'd like to celebrate by giving away 3-day affinity boosters to twenty (20) goons.

Here's how to participate:

• Quote this post
  • Leave your in-game name
  • If you already have an active XP booster that covers the weekend don't apply, ya dingus (not that I have a way to verify that, but still)
  • If you're one of the 20, you'll receive your 3-day booster during this Friday's Devstream, after which the double XP weekend begins

I'll also be giving away one super special awesome secret prize to a random goon from my list of 20.

1 left

Let's see if I can get that last booster

IGN: Beaverific

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I'm pretty sure DE gives new players enough plat to buy that many slots and it's not a coincidence they want you to start buying things with plat early :v:

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

kxZyle posted:

Well the double XP weekend is finally officially confirmed, so let's do a giveaway.

As you may or may not know, the double weekend boosters stack with market boosters for a 4x total boost. Since this is my first double weekend ever, I'd like to celebrate by giving away 3-day affinity boosters to twenty (20) goons.

• Quote this post
  • If you already have an active XP booster that covers the weekend don't apply, ya dingus (not that I have a way to verify that, but still)
  • If you're one of the 20, you'll receive your 3-day booster during this Friday's Devstream, after which the double XP weekend begins

I'll also be giving away one super special awesome secret prize to a random goon from my list of 20.

GIVEAWAY OVER

IGN: Sarsapariller

I'd planned to have a life this weekend, but what is life when compared to endless affinity?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
You're a couple minutes late Sarsapariller, but one more booster shouldn't be a problem.

And the secret prize goes to...

Congrats to TylanaKalos. :toot:

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

kxZyle posted:

• Quote this post

GIVEAWAY OVER

weedGOKU666

Sick action

E: :v

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Jan 25, 2018

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!

CODChimera posted:

In my experience, Fluctus is god-tier (it's basically shooting Exalted Blade beams), Dual Decurion is garbage, everything else is more or less unremarkably, interchangeably effective, including melee. By and large, how much of a hassle anything is to level depends entirely on your collection of AW mods, and there's just not a lot of fine variance between how things work. The design is sort of... blobby.

FrankZP fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Jan 25, 2018

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Grattler has the benefit of only needing heavy amounts of oxium instead of trading for syndicate parts on top of being pretty good.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

CODChimera posted:

fluctus is probably your best for general AW stuff like alerts so mob def/extermination/interception. it hits very hard at a decent range and does aoe blasts so you dont have to aim perfectly with it. grattler is also pretty okay, not nearly as great in my experience but it can be bought from the dojo so its probably the first second AW gun most people make

then you'll also want a velocitus for things like jordas (or i guess pursuit) where you just need to kill one big target. pair this with the odonatas 1 which gives you a 200% crit damage buff to make each shot hit super hard

most the other guns are some kind of disappointing

all the melee choices do their job i guess? most things die in one or two hits from any of the melee, though i guess the centaur would be the best of the lot

all the archwings themselves are pretty good, with itzal probably being the best just cause it has a vacuum. just make sure to stay in stealth and pop your vacuum to keep energy up

amesha helps a lot on mob def and very handy on the rare nightmare aw alerts

odonata has the whole +200% crit damage gimmick going for it and is fairly durable. it has an augment that makes its 1 a teamwide buff too

elytron is just can clear trash mobs out real quick and is super durable

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i said it earlier, but the knux are the platonic ideal of an archwing weapon because you get to zip about and bomf enemies with giant fists. also there's no syndicate bullshit involved with getting the pieces.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

kxZyle posted:

You're a couple minutes late Sarsapariller, but one more booster shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks my dude, you are swell. :yayclod:

I'm intensely curious what the secret prize was though.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The best prize is the Steel Meridian captura, then you can take selfies with Clem whenever you want.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
I decided I would use the double xp weekend to build and level every single archwing and archwing weapon in the game. Turns out there are a lot more archwing weapons than I was expecting. This weekend should be fun :smithicide:

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

SSNeoman posted:

DE really needs to make warframes easier to get for newbies. The MR0-5 bottleneck sucks rear end. Like drat at least give players 3 WF slots and like 5-10 weapon slots. The wait for frames and weapons early on is killer.

Congrats! And yeah that quest line is amazing.

We've been asking for this for ages. The free slots haven't changed since beta while the number of warframes tripled and weapons like 5 times at least. Having 3 frames slots and 5-8 weapons slots is just a drop in the bucket compared to the pokedex completion.

They did help newbies a tiny bit by laxing the resource requirement of Rhino. They could do better by giving Volt or Mag earlier too. At least change their resource req like Rhino.

I still remembered how painful it was to be stuck with one frame early on while slowly farming resources that I shelled 75 plat for Volt (this was way before we have clan dojo and Volt dropped from Vay Hek. The old one, whose only power was making clones). I was close to giving up the game.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

kxZyle posted:

Oh gosh. Now I'll have to try not to quit at Uranus. :D But seriously, thank you.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I just want to take a minute and say thank you to everybody in the clan. In the last five years or so I've mostly gone it alone with MMO's because they really don't offer any kind of incentive to jump in to group content, unless you like performing square dance routines around a gigantic boss foot for 4 hours multiple nights per week. I'd kind of assumed that Warframe would be the same way, but I've never been more wrong. Not only is the basic gameplay loop centered around 4 person missions, there's just so much that the game never tells you that is absolutely critical to know. On top of that, half of the mid-game builds are based around mods that you simply cannot get until later. Luckily, the clan is there for all of this. Between unbelievably generous handouts, people with deep knowledge of the seven thousand random systems, and a big pool of people willing to jump into pretty much any mission, it has been an amazing resource that really highlights what makes the game fun- the people.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Tylana posted:

Oh gosh. Now I'll have to try not to quit at Uranus. :D But seriously, thank you.
When stuck, go in the water and follow the yellow/orange pipe. That's the uranus secret. Unless I'm thinking of neptune.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Khorne posted:

When stuck, go in the water and follow the yellow/orange pipe. That's the uranus secret. Unless I'm thinking of neptune.

No, that's right. Neptune is a frozen landscape, while Uranus is the one that's all watery. :de:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

By the sounds of it it's improved considerably over time, but speaking as a recent newb to the game, it is really lovely at explaining itself. I have to go to youtube and watch an Iflynn video to find out, to list a few examples: How the mod interface works, how to get to the Earth-Mars junction, what it meant when it says "scan 3 cephalon fragments", why when I shoot this or that boss it seems to do zero damage all the time, oh, you can practise mastery tests before taking them? What's the deal with the invasion tab, and the factions? I click it and it just takes me to a planet but doesn't start a mission... etc etc. I know people object to games "leading them by the hand" but that isn't what's missing here.

This seems to permeate into different aspects of the game. It even manifests in the map layouts: whenever I encounter a new tileset I spend the next few missions getting the highest concentration of instances of having no idea where to go - despite the waypoint system being very good - I've ever encountered in a game. Obviously playing for hours and getting familiar with the maps helps, and some of it will be me not paying enough attention sometimes, but it still occasionally happens to me even in places like earth. And last night I just got to Uranus, and well, it's been mentioned in the thread in the same manner as Blighttown so I was prepared, but it's been the worst tileset so far. I spent about ten minutes stuck in a section before noticing a tiny little tunnel tucked away in a corner, not lit up or coloured any differently to draw attention, and really easy to miss.

I don't mind having to figure stuff out but some of it is so arbitrary I need a little more to go on than, for example, those 5 text-only tutorial pages explaining mods.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Cactus posted:

By the sounds of it it's improved considerably over time, but speaking as a recent newb to the game, it is really lovely at explaining itself. I have to go to youtube and watch an Iflynn video to find out, to list a few examples: How the mod interface works, how to get to the Earth-Mars junction, what it meant when it says "scan 3 cephalon fragments", why when I shoot this or that boss it seems to do zero damage all the time, oh, you can practise mastery tests before taking them? What's the deal with the invasion tab, and the factions? I click it and it just takes me to a planet but doesn't start a mission... etc etc. I know people object to games "leading them by the hand" but that isn't what's missing here.

What really irritates me is the systems that they don't explain to you that you should basically be grinding for from day one. The game completely neglects to explain factions and standing to you, for example, and that's something you might as well be levelling right away since you're going to need the stuff they offer at rank 5. Or when it introduces the whole anime teen thing and even gives you a lens for accumulating focus but never explains what focus is or how to get it. Seems kind of important, DE! Or relics! Okay, it does have a little relic tutorial but they are not anywhere near as emphasized as they should be.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So on a scale of 1 to 10, how rare is Hate from the Stalker?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Archonex posted:

a 5, just play the game and you'll get it eventually.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Holyshoot posted:

a 5, just play the game and you'll get it eventually.

Oh no, I just did. I tabbed over to the wiki and discovered that the comments section is a hellish never ending wailing of people who have played for 1000+ hours/3+ years and not gotten it to drop yet. So I was curious if it was that ridiculous.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jan 25, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Should I be poking Syndicates as a newb? The negative rep and hit squads the wiki mentions sound a bit spicy. Plus, you know, decisions are scary

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
Spotted this on the warframe subreddit:

https://giant.gfycat.com/GlossyBonyHerald.webm

Archonex posted:

√-1

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Just got a solid number and apparently the drop rate is literally around 1 percent. drat. Talk about lucking out on skipping a grind.

Edit: Birditer is amazing. :allears:

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

To bad it's the worst scythe in the game.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

i love this game

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Tylana posted:

Should I be poking Syndicates as a newb? The negative rep and hit squads the wiki mentions sound a bit spicy. Plus, you know, decisions are scary

The hit squads aren't that big a deal, if anything it's more grist for the loot mill. You definitely don't want to go negative with any syndicates you care about though, it's pricey to get back to neutral. But you're going to have to level your rep with them eventually, and you gain rep just by wearing their sigil and running missions, so you might as well start early. Just keep in mind that each faction will give +50% of what you earn to another allied faction, and -50%/-100% to two opposed factions. The most you can realistically "cap out" at once is 4.

My path right now is as follows:
Red Veil (+Steel Meridian, -Cephalon Suda/Arbiters of Hexis)
New Loka (+Perrin Sequence, -Steel Meridian/Cephalon Suda)
Perrin Sequence (+New Loka, -Steel Meridian/Arbiters)
Red Veil again but this time I'm doing it for the +50% to Steel Meridian with no additional negatives.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Steel Meridian eventually gets you one of the better magnums and potentially, with the right mods, the best shotgun in the game. Though 'best shotgun' is a category with a shitload of competition because holy poo poo are the shotguns in this game amazing.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Sarsapariller posted:

....You definitely don't want to go negative with any syndicates you care about though, it's pricey to get back to neutral. But you're going to have to level your rep with them eventually, and you gain rep just by wearing their sigil and running missions, so you might as well start early.

Just to clarify, you can trade syndicate goodies with other Goons, so just randomly pick one and start wearing its sigil. Then, notice what other syndicate you're getting points and occasionally wear its sigil.

There is no particular reason to ever grind the enemy syndicates.

edit: grammar

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah grinding 4 syndicates is a lot of careful manipulation of standing stuff I don’t want to do so I just picked three (left three or right three are easiest) and if I could ever get this drat Venka Prime gauntlet or whatever to drop...

Well anyway I figure I can just trade for all the left syndicate stuff. Eventually.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sandweed posted:

To bad it's the worst scythe in the game.

only the dread and war are worth a poo poo from the stalker, the rest are just junk to level and drop like a rock

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Sarsapariller posted:

What really irritates me is the systems that they don't explain to you that you should basically be grinding for from day one. The game completely neglects to explain factions and standing to you, for example, and that's something you might as well be levelling right away since you're going to need the stuff they offer at rank 5. Or when it introduces the whole anime teen thing and even gives you a lens for accumulating focus but never explains what focus is or how to get it. Seems kind of important, DE! Or relics! Okay, it does have a little relic tutorial but they are not anywhere near as emphasized as they should be.

Ah gently caress, I thought I was finally getting a handle on things. I haven’t unlocked the focus quest stuff yet, but what’s relics? Is that the Ayatan endo fodder stuff?

Professor Latency
Mar 30, 2011

Johnny Joestar posted:

only the dread and war are worth a poo poo from the stalker, the rest are just junk to level and drop like a rock

Speaking of dread, I got it as soon as I could and boy is it carrying me through the game. I just beat the second dream and do Conculysts show up frequently? Because those guys are fuckers.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Professor Latency posted:

Speaking of dread, I got it as soon as I could and boy is it carrying me through the game. I just beat the second dream and do Conculysts show up frequently? Because those guys are fuckers.

the dread is a really solid bow, so that's good as hell. also no, but, the beam from your operator strips their resistances anyways, so they're MUCH easier to kill after your first real encounter with them.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Archonex posted:

Just got a solid number and apparently the drop rate is literally around 1 percent. drat. Talk about lucking out on skipping a grind.

Edit: Birditer is amazing. :allears:

It's 2%~ drop with the Shadow version, but 5% with the regular one. You might have better luck trying to find pre Second Dream players by loving around earlier in the star chart.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
What's the most efficient way to sell (and price) Riven mods on PS4, and ? I've never sold anything before, and there appear to be three options:

1. Spam in Trade Chat and hope someone sees
2. Stand in a relay with your hand up and home someone sees
3. Warframe.market

Does anyone on consoles who buys / sells a bunch have any advice for a newbie? Not sure if it's much different that PC, but I'd imagine the lower volume of people makes it a bit different? The mod in question is for Burston and maxed out is Crit Chance +158% fire rate +68% (or close to that, I forget exactly.)

For pricing, is this post fairly accurate, even for consoles? According to it, I should ask ~350-400p roughly?

Lumpy fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jan 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rynder
Mar 26, 2009
Is there some way to know how much things are trading for without being "in the know" about the market? I tried basing prices off the ps4 warfram.market website for a dera vandal yesterday. It listed things at ~60 platinum. So I made a wtb message on the trading chat for one, got offers of anywhere between 14-80 plat. I assumed the lesser ones were scammers or something because of the website, but I eventually got one for 16 plat.

Was that a good price? Also where should I go to check prices in the future? Had I believed the website I would have bitten at the 50 plat offers.