Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
well i don't run the thread, and i was probably too flippant with "eh they're not important." i think we should post about milo / loomer / the rest of the alt-lite clown world.

:justpost:

business hammocks posted:

Alt-light are pretty good at destroying themselves as they’re broke-brained fame chasers whose only model for public life is reality television.

There is a thread here or in the other politics forum dedicated specifically to the Milo/Baked/Loomer bunch.
there's a thread in GBS too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The alt-lite will be the future of the Democrat party.

The alt-right is the obvious successor to the Republicans and the Dems clearly don't want anyone even progressive adjacent in their party.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i just don't see the difference between "actual" nazi and "pretend" nazi. making a distinction between the two just muddies the waters on who needs to be run out of town on a rail

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

MizPiz posted:

The alt-right is the obvious successor to the Republicans and the Dems clearly don't want anyone even progressive adjacent in their party.

The alt-right will never be a viable political force, because there's no money in it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Yeah the stuff brutalist McDonald's posts is really interesting but the gbs thread is almost entirely about the ones whore just trying to become internet famous like baked alaska

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
baked alaska is a hybrid though because he still screws around with the committed nazis even if he's just a wannabe pewdiepie

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Serf posted:

i just don't see the difference between "actual" nazi and "pretend" nazi. making a distinction between the two just muddies the waters on who needs to be run out of town on a rail

It’s just that there’s less to say about the grifters because they only act out of self-promotion. But they’re equally disgusting and should be killed.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love when Weev whines about bitch mom brutally torturing him, ruining his life

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A man in his 30s still angry at mom is the platonic form of the modern nazi.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Also what Contrapoints said about how the grifters say one thing in public and act very differently in private. So I'm interested in what they're up to (self-owns, etc.), but I don't care what Baked Alaska has to actually say about anything.

The neo-Nazis are not like that because they are, well, neo-Nazis. You have to parse through their bullshit but they believe that bullshit.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The alt-right will never be a viable political force, because there's no money in it.

Well there's no "big money" but there's still youtube star celebrity money in it, maybe?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

CheeseSpawn posted:

Well there's no "big money" but there's still youtube star celebrity money in it, maybe?

They're getting their videos demonetized left and right and their patreon accounts all got shut down. The reason there's no money in it is because being "The Site With All The Nazis On It" is hilariously bad for business

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

foreverially demonetized and loving it

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really want to make a big masterpost of all of Weev's funniest mom grievances but I don't think butalistmcdonalds stomach for digging them up

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Serf posted:

it lets people who entertain select parts of nazi ideology to shirk responsibility for its spread

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I really want to make a big masterpost of all of Weev's funniest mom grievances but I don't think butalistmcdonalds stomach for digging them up
jesus you'd have to post everything he's written over like 10 years

pace yourself, comrade!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/956531825723236353

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I could definitely buy D'Nesh DeSouza or whatever he's called being severely in the closet but OTOH it's Literally Louise Mensch so

Serf
May 5, 2011

zegermans posted:

it lets people who entertain select parts of nazi ideology to shirk responsibility for its spread

from their point of view, sure. but any sane person would see them as the same as the poo poo they spread

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

just letting the major threads know, tag opportunities on offer if you fund the ongoing death and gaiety of the forums

Squizzle posted:

spend $5 to buy a gangtag (buy it as an av) and i will, for free, restore yr prev av (w the new gangtag below it if desired) and give the gangtag to up to 8 posters of yr choosing. limit: you cant have a huge fuckin field of tags under yr av, i will prune down to 2-3 tags if you want to give it to someone w too many

forums fundraiser

Squizzle posted:

if you buy a tag and im not posting on literally the same page where you mention it, pm me

also pm me if you have any title text or something you need restored along with the av. sometimes yr moderation action history will have an old title in entire, but more often, all i can get to is yr av image.

use w/e means you prefer to gimme a list of the 8 people

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Serf posted:

it is pretty depressing that cernovich can just bust out 20k at a moment's notice, ten times my entire life's savings

the rich never lack for money, they just lack for everything else

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

A bunch of Portland, OR Proud Boys, Gavin McInness, and other all right losers (like Joey Gibson of Patriot Prayer), make a hip-hop video about Hillary Clinton.

It's about as high quality as you'd expect.

https://www.facebook.com/the.political.muscle/videos/10157092081778327/

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/956294267663736838

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Qu Appelle posted:

A bunch of Portland, OR Proud Boys, Gavin McInness, and other all right losers (like Joey Gibson of Patriot Prayer), make a hip-hop video about Hillary Clinton.

IS THIS AMERICAAAAAAAA

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

MY GIRLFRIEND

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4difPEQ8wA4

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Qu Appelle posted:

Gibson’s a straight nazi and has been out about it since those rallies that got chased away in October/November.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Qu Appelle posted:

proud wiggas

i see they opted for 80's skinhead outfits, ironically no doubt

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Weev then accused Parrott of being a police informant in a long, rambling and narcissistic diatribe about his own technical brilliance blah blah blah. There are some attacks over "optics" as well.

Wasn't weev busted with a Hunter S. Thompson sized stash of drugs during the AT&T ugliness? He really can't stick to a thread for more than a couple of years.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Serf posted:

As Vonnegut said in the relevant novel, Mother Night, people should be really loving careful what they pretend to be, because that shapes who you are and the consequences are real even if you don't believe in them ideologically. There's no joy to be gained in being a 'pretend nazi'.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Qu Appelle posted:

lmao they’re still obsessed with clinton

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Bump up the Atomwaffen-linked murders to five.

https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/955208115221356545
https://twitter.com/Jake_Hanrahan/status/955208153343447041
He also visited an Atomwaffen "training camp" in Arizona in 2017.

New video from the group as well. These people are extremely dangerous and actively preparing to do terrorism, which five murders should tell ya but the video is ... something:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuHQlqf4bRw

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 19:56 on Jan 25, 2018

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
They are going to be pounding their chests about the "great victory in the great meme war" for the rest of their lives.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

PetraCore posted:

As Vonnegut said in the relevant novel, Mother Night, people should be really loving careful what they pretend to be, because that shapes who you are and the consequences are real even if you don't believe in them ideologically. There's no joy to be gained in being a 'pretend nazi'.

Irony is a poison, and we're all drinking the hemlock

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

PetraCore posted:

And the defense these shits cling to so desperately amounts to "I don't actually believe these things, therefore you're a fool for calling me by label and I'm smart for tricking you!"

It's like some weird evolutionary offshoot of trolling where context-dependent behavior persists without any context. It's like they're Wile E Coyote walking off the cliff, but nobody can make them understand what they're seeing when they look down. They're disgusting mental children and I hate every one of them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Stay safe brutalist ghost

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

business hammocks posted:

And the defense these shits cling to so desperately amounts to "I don't actually believe these things, therefore you're a fool for calling me by label and I'm smart for tricking you!"

It's like some weird evolutionary offshoot of trolling where context-dependent behavior persists without any context. It's like they're Wile E Coyote walking off the cliff, but nobody can make them understand what they're seeing when they look down. They're disgusting mental children and I hate every one of them.
Yeah basically. At least in Mother Night the protagonist has the excuse of acting as a double agent to ferry information to the Allies, but even then his propaganda ends up radicalizing people presumably beyond where they'd have been already, so it's kind of an open question on how much that helps, and it doesn't help him at all emotionally. The bit about becoming what you pretend to be and the consequences of being a 'pretend nazi' just struck me as unfortunately topical when I was reading it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Well, context is: First two murders were internal to the group. Second two were the parents of a member's ex-girlfriend. Fifth was this hate murder in Orange County, CA.

Their previous videos were mostly them hiking in the woods to terrible electronic music. The latest one has them screaming "race war now" and blasting away with AK-47s. That seems new.

The webforum they used to organize went offline in late November. The general idea is to be a terror "brand" and loose network, I think.

Flashback:
https://twitter.com/antifa_ne/status/928394723106181121
Is that finger thing borrowed from ISIS?

Also the thing about the AW member encouraging the killer to drop out of college and become a metalworker is interesting. The scene wants their people to go into the trades. I see "become an electrician" come up a lot on podcasts and forums so you have to wonder whether there is infiltration of IBEW happening.

Edit: The killer's Twitter (apparently): https://twitter.com/TheFlagStands

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 20:23 on Jan 25, 2018

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

I think it's cool and good to punch Atomwaffen members.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Eh. This is a kind of job I'd leave to FBI SWAT teams if they're even paying attention.