Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

https://twitter.com/daigothebeast/status/956411737602838528?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E3

https://twitter.com/daigothebeast/status/956411872512696320?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yeah Ryu sucks seems like a pretty wideheld belief

https://twitter.com/Classicbts/status/956326933087838209

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rashid is good now? Does he not hit like a baby anymore?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know but it would be cool if he is good because it is fun character to watch play at a super high level

Ibuki would be fun too I think

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Rashid is good now? Does he not hit like a baby anymore?

Rashid has been a nightmare since he was figured out because he has so many pressure strings that are safe and lead into nasty frame traps, so damage became a lot less of a problem.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Oh ok. Why is sakura bad? I havent played her beyond her trials

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

shes in this game

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Gave up on her training to focus on being teen pregnant.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Is Abigail's parry not giving V-meter when you parry a fireball a bug or a feature?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Juri over Dhalsim/Ryu/Ken?????

Also why is Zeku bad, Menat ranked so high? what a weird list. Wonder if we're actually gonna see Abigail in Top 8s

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Apparently Itazan is playing Abigail now, and he routinely makes top 8 with a lesser character (Gief)

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
well, at least it's pretty much unanimous that Vega is unplayable garbage.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Abigail is really good, he will definitely be in at least some top 8s

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

A.o.D. posted:

well, at least it's pretty much unanimous that Vega is unplayable garbage.

No one even knows what the gently caress vega’s even supposed to do

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ROFL Octopus posted:

No one even knows what the gently caress vega’s even supposed to do

Not even Capcom.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I thought Vega having a command throw and changing his izuna drop to a dp motion would be neato but instead all I do is constantly gently caress up and confuse his slicer and roll moves with the clawchange stance. it's just loving weird and I have no idea why he needs a stance change just to do one thing or another.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Stage-based vertically-aligned attacks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Stage-based vertically-aligned attacks

Tournament banned* Stage-based vertically-aligned attack's

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DLC Inc posted:

I thought Vega having a command throw and changing his izuna drop to a dp motion would be neato but instead all I do is constantly gently caress up and confuse his slicer and roll moves with the clawchange stance. it's just loving weird and I have no idea why he needs a stance change just to do one thing or another.

Stance characters are cool but vegas stances both suck hard

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Stance characters are cool but vegas stances both suck hard

maybe they can bring back Makoto as a stance character who has now learned Oro's power

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

In Training posted:

Tournament banned* Stage-based vertically-aligned attack's

Tournament banned Stage-based vertically-aligned attacks that are strictly worse that everything already in his moveset.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sakura is low because she's too new and still being discovered, I would assume the same of Zeku but moreso the latter than the former.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

A.o.D. posted:

Tournament banned Stage-based vertically-aligned attacks that are strictly worse that everything already in his moveset.

The stage also costs money. So technically you have to pay to get to use the Tournament Banned Stage-Based Vertically-Aligned Charge Attack (that is strictly worse that everything already in his moveset).

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

I can't trust a tier list that has birdie on top that's made by Tokido.

The same list that doesn't have Akuma on the top. Emotions are obviously a factor at play there.

As for Abigail, literally everything people complain about now he had all along. His single biggest change is cr.lk x2 is a natural combo now. He doesn't win his winning matches any harder, and his losing matches are all the same/potentially worse with the new triggers. He's too free to pressure to be top tier.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Zeku's VT2 is just not very good, it's a one time reversal compared to the explosive damage/get out of jail free card his VT1 is. That's nice on paper for young Zeku since he really struggles getting out of pressure, but Vtrigger should be helping do damage in my opinion. I don't think I'd call him bottom tier or anything but AE didn't really change much for him and he already wasn't super well equipped to be near the top as we currently understand it. He's still fun as heck though.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Evil Canadian posted:

I can't trust a tier list that has birdie on top that's made by Tokido.

Will the list be validated if Mena wins SFVAE at EVO Japan this weekend?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

teagone posted:

Will the list be validated if Mena wins SFVAE at EVO Japan this weekend?

Honestly? No. Its just one guy who happens to be exceptional. Nobody was saying Karin was the best character in the game when Punk had his dominance streak.

Nobody gave a poo poo about Birdie til Mena pulled an "upset" by outplaying Tokido and making many incredible reads on him like purposely being counterhit to get pushed out and whiff punishing the next button.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Ah my favorite, tier lists that have nothing to do with actual top level results

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I'm glad that my friend bison is good now

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

AnonSpore posted:

Ah my favorite, tier lists that have nothing to do with actual top level results

Well that's kinda what I am getting at. Abigail has 1 win under his belt and next to no top 8 appearances since his debut. Birdie won the big one, and Mena has made some top 8 appearances elsewhere but that's it. Birdie is a ghost outside of Mena and maybe the odd Xyzzy placement in season 1.

Vs Consistent top placements of characters like Rashid(who I do fully believe is tip top tier) and Akuma.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I hope this means more Kolin this season because she's cool and poongko is the only one I ever see

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

AnonSpore posted:

While obviously silly, I think Top level results should be balanced with a little of theory stuff as well

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
People had Rose as a top 3 character in USF4 after Louffy.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Dias posted:

People had Rose as a top 3 character in USF4 after Louffy.

That's not that far off.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

mango sentinel posted:

That's not that far off.

I'd take top 10. gently caress Rose as top 3, especially considering everyone that flocked towards her floundered terribly unlike people that flocked towards Yun or E.Ryu.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'd like finals with more diversity than Akuma/Karin/Guile/Cammy so I hope more pros figure out characters like Zeku, Ed, or Urien

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Help Im Alive posted:

I hope this means more Kolin this season because she's cool and poongko is the only one I ever see

poongo is playing menat now i think?

idk i spent a lot of time watching his matches on youtube. love his kolin.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Momochi is playing Kolin at EVO!

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
is anyone more boring to watch/play against than Akuma, in literally every game with Akuma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
Akuma's pretty alright to watch in 3S, but that also depends on who else you'd find boring in 3S I guess