Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/956568074135769088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Surely they couldn't promise ultra-violence in this age of CTE.

the target audience for this is MAGA dorks, which demographically lines up with people who think black men can't get concussions because their brains are made out of different stuff

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

PupsOfWar posted:

the target audience for this is MAGA dorks, which demographically lines up with people who think black men can't get concussions because their brains are made out of different stuff
And who hate the concept of unions. It'll be funny if Vince immediately shuts it down if all the players organize a union because it'll give the WWE roster ideas.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

uh ... Jacob Greenstein? That sounds like a 47th Street diamond dealer, not a football player.

And I can't wait for Vince to swerve everyone and announce the return of the World Bodybuilding Federation.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

achillesforever6 posted:

And who hate the concept of unions. It'll be funny if Vince immediately shuts it down if all the players organize a union because it'll give the WWE roster ideas.

The WWE guys won't unionize because the main eventers aren't going to let Heath Slaters of the roster get close to their spots.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Dango Bango posted:

That's clearly HEAD

Nice

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Spunky McCollough

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
My favorite fact about the XFL 1.0 was that there was no health insurance for the players

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

How does this eventually lead to the WWE being good again?

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Maybe they will finally get that camera into the cheerleaders locker room

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

a new study bible! posted:

Ideally Vince takes Shane with him

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

a new study bible! posted:

Vince gets 4 hours of sleep running the WWE, knowing how much he is a control freak he'll try to run both at the same time which at his advanced coke and roid abused age will probably lead to a massive heart attack and death.

Then the king of kings, the game, the asskicker, the cerebral assassin, the Connecticut blue blood, Hunter Hearst Helmsley will take over and then book all of WWE like NXT and have Kevin Dunn buried in Vince's Pyramid Tomb.

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 25, 2018

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I think Vince should have tried rebooting the WBF first

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Sonic Barrow....

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My favorite fact about the XFL 1.0 was that there was no health insurance for the players

And this was a selling point!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think Vince should have tried rebooting the WBF first
He should bring back slamball

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

achillesforever6 posted:

He should bring back slamball

Slamball never left

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/Sunflower4000/status/956573918168535042

Oh my god:

https://twitter.com/Sunflower4000/status/956584429488615426

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The XFL is what we need more then anything, seriously, look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9RdTQUnWE&t=2790s

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/956571085142716423

'also, the football was terrible'

Why should we expect that to be any different today.

Is it seriously a widely held belief that people are tuning out of the NFL because of kneeling? I assumed people were tuning out because of the injuries, the lovely level of play and lolpatriotswin. The first two of which will absolutely, without a doubt apply to the XFL a hundred thousand times worse than the NFL.

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

Kalli posted:

The XFL is what we need more then anything, seriously, look at this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9RdTQUnWE&t=2790s

23:50 is the "rap" song for those looking for it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/956571085142716423

'also, the football was terrible'

Why should we expect that to be any different today.

Is it seriously a widely held belief that people are tuning out of the NFL because of kneeling? I assumed people were tuning out because of the injuries, the lovely level of play and lolpatriotswin. The first two of which will absolutely, without a doubt apply to the XFL a hundred thousand times worse than the NFL.

There are some who are tuning out due to the kneeling. However, I believe they are a tiny minority of the people are tuning out. The most common cause, I believe is cord cutting, but the level of play as of late and the Patriots constantly winning is the biggest non-cord cutting cause of the ratings drop.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Dango Bango posted:

That's clearly HEAD

I mean, that's what everybody wants.

That's what everybody needs.

That's what everybody loves.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

iospace posted:

There are some who are tuning out due to the kneeling. However, I believe they are a tiny minority of the people are tuning out. The most common cause, I believe is cord cutting, but the level of play as of late and the Patriots constantly winning is the biggest non-cord cutting cause of the ratings drop.

What would cord cutting have to do with it, aren't the vast majority of games on over-the-air channels? Unless cord cutting refers to more than just getting rid of cable.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

loving hell I wish my real name was Ziggy Hendl too

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Boomer Walchonski

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

VJeff posted:

What would cord cutting have to do with it, aren't the vast majority of games on over-the-air channels? Unless cord cutting refers to more than just getting rid of cable.

A lot of people in the coveted 18-40 range are moving simply to just internet at home with no cable. They also tend to not include an antenna for their TVs at this point so there's no way to watch the games without getting an OTT service or :filez:.

So yes, cord cutting has A LOT to do with TV ratings dropping as of late, though it's not specific to the NFL.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

VJeff posted:

Cord cutters watch a lot less TV in general, because once it's just not on all the time, you find a lot less reason to turn it on.

Like, a sizable portion of the country doesn't realize you can get a tv signal on antennas and a much larger portion is too lazy to set one up.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
It's a bunch of things.

Some people tuned out due to injuries/CTE

Some stopped after the multiple domestic violence scandals

A whole lot stopped because their teams abandoned them so billionaires could chase a big market... And said market really doesn't give a poo poo about the NFL

Some are gradually losing interest because the slow pace of broadcast and dick sucking of parasite billionaires, along with a general decline of popularity with the sport.

But a lot of people actually did stop watching due to the kneeling thing. More than you'd think.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

Every QB in the league is gonna fear the name Nibbles Herring

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Raku posted:

It's a bunch of things.

Some people tuned out due to injuries/CTE

Some stopped after the multiple domestic violence scandals

A whole lot stopped because their teams abandoned them so billionaires could chase a big market... And said market really doesn't give a poo poo about the NFL

Some are gradually losing interest because the slow pace of broadcast and dick sucking of parasite billionaires, along with a general decline of popularity with the sport.

But a lot of people actually did stop watching due to the kneeling thing. More than you'd think.

if i say a lot of reasonable things first i can sneak an unreasonable thing at the end and no one will notice - raku

Mel Neugebauer

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Is there any networks stupid enough to partner to broadcast this poo poo or do you think Vince is going to put it on the WWE network/stream games somehow?

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Kalli posted:

Cord cutters watch a lot less TV in general, because once it's just not on all the time, you find a lot less reason to turn it on.

Like, a sizable portion of the country doesn't realize you can get a tv signal on antennas and a much larger portion is too lazy to set one up.

Also if you live outside of your market for your team, you basically have to pay for an expensive cable/satellite package to see your own team which is total horseshit. It leads to a lot of people going to illegal streams to see their team go 0-16, or so I'm told.

DariusLikewise posted:

Is there any networks stupid enough to partner to broadcast this poo poo or do you think Vince is going to put it on the WWE network/stream games somehow?

It's football. Fox Sports 1 or ESPN 3 or whatever will pick it up if it's not insanely expensive.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bigass Moth posted:

Also if you live outside of your market for your team, you basically have to pay for an expensive cable/satellite package to see your own team which is total horseshit. It leads to a lot of people going to illegal streams to see their team go 0-16, or so I'm told.

It's football. Fox Sports 1 or ESPN 3 or whatever will pick it up if it's not insanely expensive.

Yeah, I mean I have an antenna setup, but even then, maybe half the time I just put a stream on because I didn't want to watch the Giants or Dolphins .

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Mel Mudkiper posted:

if i say a lot of reasonable things first i can sneak an unreasonable thing at the end and no one will notice - raku

Mel Neugebauer

A lot of people do stupid things. Trump is president and I know people on both sides of the family (one redneck and one just a maga rear end in a top hat) that at least say they stopped watching.

Remember that there are people out there that don't understand economics and actually think the players are ungrateful and get paid way too much

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Raku posted:

A lot of people do stupid things. Trump is president and I know people on both sides of the family (one redneck and one just a maga rear end in a top hat) that at least say they stopped watching.

Remember that there are people out there that don't understand economics and actually think the players are ungrateful and get paid way too much

I was responding to the "way more than you think part" specifically

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

All I really want from this reboot is for Jeff Fisher to be a coach and go 3-5 or whatever.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Waiting for commissioner "Mark Calloway"

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Every QB in the league is gonna fear the name Nibbles Herring

Herring better watch out because Gunther Horn is coming off the edge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SteveDelSports/...90%7Ctwterm%5E1

:getin: