Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ars Arcanum
Jan 20, 2005

Best friends make the best weapons

do u know jenny posted:

He looks like the type of guy that would write that

Also I'm the apparent lack of self-awareness that comes with a wage-bashing, union-busting republican whining about a woman not having dinner ready like she did in the 1950s

You can feel the douchebaggery radiating out of that photo.

e: Also, isn't that slogan basically saying "America is lots of fat people and meth"?

Ars Arcanum fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jan 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
I like the idea of him running a campaign ad that's just a schlubby guy sobbing while eating a Lean Cuisine then it cuts to his wife cackling away evilly while she works in a cubicle.

Beard Dandruff
May 10, 2017

Want to win a consultation with Tiffany? Click
here.

CommieGIR posted:

:psyduck: What loving year is it?

Being that its the year 2018 in the hell dimension, why is anyone even surprised by this?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lil Peeler posted:

I wonder how the Electoral College delegates feel knowing that they had every chance to stop this. It was the exact reason the Electoral College was created. I hope they feel bad when the blastwave vaporizes them

Yeah, every time people were raging about the EC as the reason why this was happening I was like "but I thought it was created specifically for the case of populist demagogues taking over"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/956598354871508994?s=17

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Space T Rex posted:

Trying to listen to The Dollop and I'm sorry to say these guys are very very unfunny.

It gets better. The second guy's shtick was grating at first, but give it a chance.

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Nocheez posted:

It gets better. The second guy's shtick was grating at first, but give it a chance.

dont worry i will endure anything to get my fix of trump lols

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

WhyteRyce posted:

Yeah, every time people were raging about the EC as the reason why this was happening I was like "but I thought it was created specifically for the case of populist demagogues taking over"

But if demagogues are what the people want...

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

Ars Arcanum posted:

You can feel the douchebaggery radiating out of that photo.

e: Also, isn't that slogan basically saying "America is lots of fat people and meth"?

He looks like an evil bronson pinchot holding in a fart

And the slogan has been along for a long time. It's this bullshit idea trotted out by the far right that liberals aren't Americans.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

cda posted:

Gee, kinda seems like maybe they shouldn't have ended the shutdown then. Do you get tired of being an apologist?

Republicans are driving a schoolbus full of children off a cliff. Democrats try desperately to stop the bus before it goes over the edge, but the effort is futile as they do not have the strength.

:argh: Democrats!

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

NotWearingPants posted:

Republicans are driving a schoolbus full of children off a cliff. Democrats try desperately to stop the bus before it goes over the edge, but the effort is futile as they do not have the strength.

I, also, think about politics as if it were a Trolley Problem.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

NotWearingPants posted:

Well, some of the democrats think the republicans have a valid plan, and that maybe what's best for the children is driving the bus halfway off the cliff

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Space T Rex posted:

Trying to listen to The Dollop and I'm sorry to say these guys are very very unfunny.

i had the same experience. i couldn't get more than 30 minutes into it.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

We should help the republicans drive the schoolbus off the cliff, because if the schoolbus stops it's possible people might get mad at the children. Just looking out for what's best for them!

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Kumo posted:

He looks like an evil bronson pinchot holding in a fart

And the slogan has been along for a long time. It's this bullshit idea trotted out by the far right that liberals aren't Americans.

Missouri- a state so insignificant that nobody can locate it on a map and sucks in more federal tax dollars than they generate- is the real America

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Courtland Sykes is a great name for a piece of poo poo garbage person, I have to say.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/anildash/status/956528648256999425

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Courtland Sykes is a great name for a piece of poo poo garbage person, I have to say.

tbh I was expecting more of a seersucker-clad plantation dandy but yacht murderer works too sure

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

do u know jenny posted:

Missouri- a state so insignificant that nobody can locate it on a map and sucks in more federal tax dollars than they generate- is the real America

https://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2014/05/which-states-are-givers-and-which-are-takers/361668/

I think you have Missouri confused with Mississippi.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

NotWearingPants posted:

Democrats took the keys and went ok well maybe we don’t get to drive the car but if we’re not taking the kids to school then no one gets to drive the bus, but then they got worried that someone was gonna come and tow the bus because it was illegally parked so they gave the keys back as long as the GOP promised that they’d drive to the hospital and not off a cliff which they agreed to with a wink.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

Democrats took the keys and went ok well maybe we don’t get to drive the car but if we’re not taking the kids to school then no one gets to drive the bus, but then they got worried that someone was gonna come and tow the bus because it was illegally parked so they gave the keys back as long as the GOP promised that they’d drive to the hospital and not off a cliff which they agreed to with a wink.

and then when the GOP said "lol i'm gonna drive this bus off a cliff" the democrats responded "well okay but what if it were a cliff with a few mattresses piled up at the bottom"

e: and then when the passengers ask what the gently caress they're doing they reply "stop attacking fellow democrats, and besides, after a few buses get driven off a cliff, the flesh-slurry of their deceased passengers can be used as food by the next busload"

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Courtland Sykes is a man who Facebook shares "You won't believe what these crazy black folk called their kids" articles without a trace of irony.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Courtland Sykes is a man who Facebook shares "You won't believe what these crazy black folk called their kids" articles without a trace of irony.

You gotta admit there's some very silly names out there. Who the heck names their kid "Courtland"???

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

old beast lunatic posted:

The world's best journalists are chasing a retard around the globe hoping to catch his most retarded moments.

"globe"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/956609359282425857

quote:

The emailed response from the Guggenheim's chief curator to the White House was polite but firm: the museum could not accommodate a request to "borrow" a painting by Vincent Van Gogh for President and Melania Trump's private living quarters.

Instead, wrote the curator, Nancy Spector, another piece was available, one that was nothing like "Landscape With Snow," the lovely 1888 Van Gogh rendering of a man in a black hat walking along a path in Arles with his dog.

The curator's alternative: an 18-karat, fully functioning, solid gold toilet - an interactive work entitled "America" that critics have described as pointed satire aimed at the excess of wealth in this country.

For a year, the Guggenheim had exhibited "America" — the creation of contemporary artist Maurizio Cattelan — in a public restroom on the museum's fifth floor for visitors to use.

But the exhibit was over and the toilet was available "should the President and First Lady have any interest in installing it in the White House," Spector wrote in an email obtained by The Washington Post.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

that's a pretty hefty lol

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Trump's going to be appalled at the realization he doesn't already have one

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
:piss: that is a solid burn from the Guggenheim.

“Borrow a van gogh” get the gently caress outta here

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell
unironically i bet that goes over trumps head

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

very very good and cool.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
gently caress it. I would accept that gold toilet with gusto.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

World War Mammories posted:

and then when the GOP said "lol i'm gonna drive this bus off a cliff" the democrats responded "well okay but what if it were a cliff with a few mattresses piled up at the bottom"

e: and then when the passengers ask what the gently caress they're doing they reply "stop attacking fellow democrats, and besides, after a few buses get driven off a cliff, the flesh-slurry of their deceased passengers can be used as food by the next busload"

Look you can’t win every battle

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

That toilet would be very cold.

Also everyone knew that motherfucker wasn't going to ever give back that Van Gogh.

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

That's a quality lol.

They could have owned him harder by sending a reproduction print of the painting in a fancy frame. He'd hang it in the Whitehouse and proudly show it to foreign dignitaries, just like the Renoir "original" he has in Trump Tower.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

fishing with the fam posted:

gently caress it. I would accept that gold toilet with gusto.

I give it a week before Trump absolutely destroys it with a mcnugget landslide

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
I went to the Guggenheim while "America" was installed there and it was really funny to see this huge line of people waiting like two hours to take a poo poo or piss in an 18K gold toilet named America. It was deep, man.

The thing that bothered me though was, you'd have to get in line long before you knew whether you'd have to go when you got up to the front.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

loving guggenheim taking a dump on the potus hmbol

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

first reply:

https://twitter.com/Ghost_Of_Joad/status/956609605722816512

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

This hot take response was good:
https://twitter.com/Ghost_Of_Joad/status/956609605722816512

edit:
^^^
Great minds think alike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

The Archaic posted:

Nobody does diplomatic ties better than me, Donald Trump the president. I've got huge ties. See this red one? Huge. Yuuuuge. Hillary never wore ties. Can you imagine? Thank God she's not here she'd totally botch this. I use mine as a napkin to wipe big Mac sauce of my face. Do you have those here? Eric where's Eric? Come on up here get us a couple of big Macs for my friend here. What you say your name was? Which country is that from? Do they have Mc Donald's there? It was named after me. The president. Can you believe it?

Needs more ranDom capitalization.