Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

So what you're saying is we'll have to run O7S and abandon multiple times before the boss is finally not invincible?

I bet it would have significant invincibility periods (rip MCH) but that would also explain the trailer bit with the screens showing the Air Force, Dadaluma and Ultros sprites (and then also that one that looks like the boss from Gubal). Changing (possibly random?) attack patterns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

There is. I can only make out 4 people running around, so I'm guessing Fractal..

This is the most likely thing, but it'd be fun if one of the tiers was two simultaneous 4man fights.

e: actually what if this is the roulette mechanic in what looked like Kefka's Tower? It did have two screens, maybe theres two platforms?

Veks fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 25, 2018

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

More updates. Showing new hairstyles, the tome gear, looks like the crafted armour/weapon recipes is dye-able Void Ark armour and Zodiac weapons.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
aaaa I need to reach the end game already :f5:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Vadoc posted:

More updates. Showing new hairstyles, the tome gear, looks like the crafted armour/weapon recipes is dye-able Void Ark armour and Zodiac weapons.

guess I'll have to whip out my glowing spear and axe because like hell if I'm going to have a non-glowing replica. i doubt i use crafted sword and board because there should be primal ones as well.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I guess it's time to be a cool guy again and pull out my Ragnarok Zeta glamour.

Edit: I'm reading the reddit comments and someone actually said this was a "slap in the face". That's the stuff!

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Jan 25, 2018

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Speaking of Savage, does anyone have any tips for A8S Gavel? Because holy poo poo, this is the most unfair bullshit. :supaburn:

What do you mean? There are guides everywhere about it. What are you struggling with? Lol

Also the salt over 350 crafted weapons is amazing.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

FaintlyQuaint posted:

What do you mean? There are guides everywhere about it. What are you struggling with? Lol

If you're going into gavel unsynced it can get wonky. I can't remember how we changed up the strat we used to use, but it's different than doing it synced.

FaintlyQuaint posted:

This part is silly since the whole point of you doing any relic quest was so they could be mass produced.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

SettingSun posted:

I guess it's time to be a cool guy again and pull out my Ragnarok Zeta glamour.

Edit: I'm reading the reddit comments and someone actually said this was a "slap in the face". That's the stuff!
I mean it is a little lovely that both the dungeon and crafted are recycled this patch, but holy poo poo some of these people are legit about to kill someone I think.

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you're going into gavel unsynced it can get wonky. I can't remember how we changed up the strat we used to use, but it's different than doing it synced.
I remember my tanks eating some of the balls since they could outright dodge Final Justice's attacks while doing the high/low crap.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Mr. Nice! posted:

I mean if you really don't want to bother learning it you can just solo heal it and let the dps kill the boss before it matters...

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Dukka posted:

I mean it is a little lovely that both the dungeon and crafted are recycled this patch, but holy poo poo some of these people are legit about to kill someone I think.
I remember my tanks eating some of the balls since they could outright dodge Final Justice's attacks while doing the high/low crap.

Yeah our min HP tank ate all the balls because that was the only way to drop his HP enough, iirc.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
The only salt I saw was people getitng mad that SE has been using a lot re-skins recently. IMO that is a valid point.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Fair, but the 24 man stuff is a pain in the arse to get. So I'm all for it.

Frumply
Dec 7, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah our min HP tank ate all the balls because that was the only way to drop his HP enough, iirc.

Noz had also suggested having the MT turn around to lower avoidance but I'm not sure if that worked or not. Gavel phase gets wierd unsynced.

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

TFRazorsaw posted:

Hey. Just letting everyone know that I dunno if I'll be around here much anymore. I'm gonna still be playing the game, but I've got a lot of real life stuff going on. Not all of it is great. That doesn't leave much time for message boards and fandom stuff. Gonna be mostly focused on stuff with friends.

I'm really thankful for all the advice you folks gave me. Posting about FF14 is probably the best time I've had on Something Awful.

Your posts were fantastic. Thanks for sharing them. Hope you get everything worked out.

We getting hot new Soken remixes for phantom train and dancing mad or are we getting the FFT treatment?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

itskage posted:

We getting hot new Soken remixes for phantom train and dancing mad or are we getting the FFT treatment?

I think what we heard of both the phantom train and dancing mad in the trailer were as far as I can tell new arrangements (if rather faithful to the original).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Frumply posted:

Noz had also suggested having the MT turn around to lower avoidance but I'm not sure if that worked or not. Gavel phase gets wierd unsynced.

unlike wow this game doesn't care which way you face wrt avoidance. You can block dodge with your back to a mob and I am pretty sure parry as well.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Holyshoot posted:

The only salt I saw was people getitng mad that SE has been using a lot re-skins recently. IMO that is a valid point.

I think I'll give the art team a pass for reusing things for the dungeon and crafting sets, when we're getting a new Feast arena in addition to Feast team customization options and a interface rework to accommodate them, Eureka, a Perform interface, and Duty Recorder interface. Is it lazy? Sure. But they clearly had a lot on their table. While Eurekas been a thing that was kept in the oven for a while, there's still a lot of texture and interface work going on for things that haven't really been that old, publicly.

Also if this new emote isn't a god drat high five........

Skaw fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 25, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Holyshoot posted:

unlike wow this game doesn't care which way you face wrt avoidance. You can block dodge with your back to a mob and I am pretty sure parry as well.

it mattered in HW but not sure if they changed it in stormblood. take sephirot's or any towers that pop up with a big aoe marker and tower in the middle for example. If you're facing the center of the tower you can block, parry, and dodge the physical explosion. If you had your back to it, you could not.

This is how you solo tanked sephex in HW because a dragoon at 270 could just keen flurry and/or foresight one of the tank towers and survive.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Mr. Nice! posted:

it mattered in HW but not sure if they changed it in stormblood. take sephirot's or any towers that pop up with a big aoe marker and tower in the middle for example. If you're facing the center of the tower you can block, parry, and dodge the physical explosion. If you had your back to it, you could not.

This is how you solo tanked sephex in HW because a dragoon at 270 could just keen flurry and/or foresight one of the tank towers and survive.

Yea also 99% sure it was a SB change. The reason being is in SB they now let you block magic damage to make plds better as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Holyshoot posted:

Yea also 99% sure it was a SB change. The reason being is in SB they now let you block magic damage to make plds better as well.

It's along the same note of auto-attacks, iirc.

But yeah, basically gavel is funky unsynced so I can't blame someone for not figuring it out with guides designed for i240 at best.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Liking the new Omega stuff.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

Leofish posted:

Liking the new Omega stuff.

Lets see.
Caster, dragoon, ninja, tank, lalahealer, brd/mch, sam/mnk?

I main brd and really like this set, excluding the helm

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

why would you assume the BRD is the one with the full face helmet?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

Everyone knows the less you can see the better your accuracy.

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

TFRazorsaw posted:

bc i am a crazy person who freeze frames trailers

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Square sure loves putting spiky edged crosses and other sharp-edged shapes on their armor designs as decor.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I hope those are dyeable without having to do Savage

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Gally posted:

bc i am a crazy person who freeze frames trailers

oh

well that's disappointing

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

TFRazorsaw posted:

I'd actually assume BRD to be the one third from the left, with the cover over one eye. For some reason that tends to be a style when it comes to ranged classes because I guess people close one eye to shoot and it helps accuracy. So that would be my guess as to the BRD set.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

ShowTime posted:

I'd actually assume BRD to be the one third from the left, with the cover over one eye. For some reason that tends to be a style when it comes to ranged classes because I guess people close one eye to shoot and it helps accuracy. So that would be my guess as to the BRD set.

That's the scouting set.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
gently caress yes, ranged gets a full-face metal helmet. Now I just need a caster/healer alternative to the helm of the white/black griffin and ARMORBOI will be able to play all the jobs.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

I hope those are dyeable without having to do Savage

lmbo

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Gally posted:

Lets see.
Caster, dragoon, ninja, tank, lalahealer, brd/mch, sam/mnk?

I main brd and really like this set, excluding the helm

I was thinking casting, scouting, striking, fending, healing, aiming, maiming.

It's also very possible the catgirl is ninja and one of the helmets is sam/mnk, but I definitely feel like the far right guy is dragoon because they frequently have models similar to tanks.

Also, is it just me or are tanks getting fewer big helmets these days? A lot of circlets and face guards but no big old tin can on the head.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jan 25, 2018

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
re Gavel: The real solution is to come in with either solo healer or solo tank and kill WJ before the cast.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/7sxsig/new_yoship_gamewatchs_interview_translated/

"Yoshida thinks they should get rid of Protect"

loving

please

Eureka sounds garbage though. Crafted weapons being Zeta recolours is interesting too.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
You say this like he hasn't been saying it from before Stormblood.

I mean, I'm thinking it eventually mechanically becomes that thing that Y'shtola is so fond of doing with the bubble.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
PvP protect is a targeted rampart iirc so that's a thing they could do.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/7sxsig/new_yoship_gamewatchs_interview_translated/

loving

please

Eureka sounds garbage though. Crafted weapons being Zeta recolours is interesting too.

Eureka seems to be the result of a FFXI fan’s monkey paw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

loving

please

have to agree with that. It sounds like relic potd with a mix of diadem. :ohdear: