Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

How hot must this woman be to put up with her being a giant wet blanket on everything?

Given that she has no hobbies, friends, and spends her time alone sleeping I think his pigheadness is why theyre still together not her beauty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Get her a ps4

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Barudak posted:

Given that she has no hobbies, friends, and spends her time alone sleeping I think his pigheadness is why theyre still together not her beauty

Yeah but what must have been the initial thing that drew him to her in the first place? No hobbies or friends to talk about, likes to sleep a lot. She either has to be smoking hot or way into some kind of sex thing the dude requires.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah but what must have been the initial thing that drew him to her in the first place? No hobbies or friends to talk about, likes to sleep a lot. She either has to be smoking hot or way into some kind of sex thing the dude requires.

She probably wistfully said “I wish I could be in a relationship” in earshot of this guy and spiraled out of control from there.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

she's a realdoll

seriously though i found the detail about her getting huffy when he goes to do things that don't involve her hilarious. she wants him to stay home and watch tv with her all day. she's probably insecure about being out of shape or something.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

I compete at the professional level and that has me out running major Class V rapids that only a small percentage of people are even capable of running

:jerkbag:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

There was a guy at my work who wanted to be a professional wakeboarder. I didn't even know that was a thing.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

There was a guy at my work who wanted to be a professional wakeboarder. I didn't even know that was a thing.

please tell me there are professional paddleboarders.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

girl pants posted:

I could have gone pro in drinking beer in a canoe

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Rubellavator posted:

Get her a ps4
or a Steam account. She'll never complain again because she'll have $290 worth of games to play at any given time.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

girl pants posted:

Its called SUP ( Stand-Up Paddleboarding) and yes it exists and yes ive had to work with them and yes the only difference between them and Matthew Mcoughnahey is that he has an academy award

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Discrimination by last name?

quote:

OK so I work for a delivery company, I've only been there for 2 weeks. My last name has the word dick in it which haha is funny if you're in high school. When I was leaving for the day on Friday I heard the dispatchers talking poo poo about my name and one of them said "you should see his license number" like wtf does that mean? Well anyway I tried to play it off as part of the joke but over the weekend it constantly bugged the crap out of me. I called out yesterday and today I don't even feel like showing up, it's bothering me THAT bad. I don't know if there's really even anything I can do and maybe I'm overreacting but I'm just so baffled how a company can be so immature about my name when I'm standing right loving there. And no I'm not the one who looks like they can take a joke, I hardly know these guys.

Well you can talk to your manager, or HR, or there's plenty of thi--

quote:

Well I guess my only option is to kill myself, my life sucks anyways. Thanks for the help

You know what, I'm starting to suspect you're a little overdramatic

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

tactlessbastard posted:

I could have gone pro in drinking beer in a canoe

yeah those koozie endorsement deals are lucrative i hear

Danaru posted:

Well you can talk to your manager, or HR, or there's plenty of thi--

You know what, I'm starting to suspect you're a little overdramatic

someday this person is going to hear about rejection sensitive dysphoria and it's going to change their whole world

Barudak
May 7, 2007

My last name is extremely commonly misread into being something weirdly sexual* unlike this pissbaby who just has part of his name be dirty and wont go to a courthouse and pay a small fee to change his last name.

*My perverse thrill in life is correcting people who make this mistake with “Why did you pronounce it this way?” and suddenly theyre both mortified at saying it wrong and for me implying I now consider them a sexual deviant. Its basically an unequalled power move in a business setting.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Lemme guess, his name is Richard Dickinson?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Me [22F] with my partner [25M] of 3 years, he does very disturbing and disgusting things with his pillow and I can't take it anymore

quote:

Here we go... I met my boyfriend 3 years ago as we were roomates during our internship abroad. After 1 amazing year together we went back to our own countries and did 2 exausting years of long distance (with extended visits in between) before we moved together to a new country. Adjusting to live together was not that hard as we did it before during internship abroad, however during these years he developed a disgusting habit that I have serious problem accepting.

He is grabbing the corner of his pillowcase, wrapping it around and pulling it until is long, sharp and curly and then putting it into is ears/nose. He can't stop doing that! At the beginning he said it was to help him relax and fall asleep, but now he is just doing it all the time! If he gets a text while he is poking is ear/nose with the pillowcase, he would just leave it INSIDE THE HOLE and use both hands to text, then go back poking. Sometimes he does it even during sex! He makes a baby voice and speaks to me pretending to be the pillow, saying things like "heeeey I'm pillow! I want to visit some holes hehehehe". Just creepy. Of course the pillowcase turned brownish and it's completely disgusting.

I tought that maybe was some way to cope with the stress of moving to a new country, but he told me he was doing that at home too and he is not stressed at all about being here - he enjoys his life here so much.

I spoke with him and told him that I find it disgusting and to please stop, but he said that it's his own way of relaxing and also focusing (he does it while studying and working) so if it bothers me that much I should just look away.

I'm worried especially because we want children in the future and I'm afraid that they will pick up this bad habit - I asked him if he is planning to do it in front of them and he said he doesn't see any problem with that as long as they are trained in doing that only with pillows and blanket and not sharp things.

Reddit, what can I do? I love this man so much and I totally see a future with him... just not with a pillow in his ear/nose. Is this a dealbreaker?

heeeey I'm pillow! I want to visit some holes hehehehe

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Wickerman posted:

Lemme guess, his name is Richard Dickinson?

Middle name Dickvon

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

:goonsay:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

girl pants posted:

Me [28 M] with my wife, [29 F] of two years, today she nonchalantly doomed our relationship.

ouch.

Open the relationship.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Danaru posted:

So what's up with his license number? What's so funny about it?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Guildenstern Mother posted:

So what's up with his license number? What's so funny about it?

I assume it's "B======D"

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Me [22F] with my partner [25M] of 3 years, he does very disturbing and disgusting things with his pillow and I can't take it anymore

This is a Junji Ito short in the making

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

:stonk: What the gently caress dude a box of 500 Qtips is like five bucks what are you doing

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Danaru posted:

:stonk: What the gently caress dude a box of 500 Qtips is like five bucks what are you doing

This pillow, it was made for me.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

girl pants posted:

Me [28 M] with my wife, [29 F] of two years, today she nonchalantly doomed our relationship.

ouch.

drat, son. That’s gotta be rough, but at late 20s there’s plenty of time to find some other lady that wants a half a dozen kids.

My brother broke up with the most amazing lady after six or so years because of the children/no children thing. I feel like that’s something you gotta hash out hard before getting married or going whole hog in a relationship

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

LadyPictureShow posted:

drat, son. That’s gotta be rough, but at late 20s there’s plenty of time to find some other lady that wants a half a dozen kids.

My brother broke up with the most amazing lady after six or so years because of the children/no children thing. I feel like that’s something you gotta hash out hard before getting married.

Sounds like this couple did, then she changed her mind :(

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Also, protip: if "I want to visit some holes" is your ideal of dirty talk, please stop talking during sex, or perhaps stop having it at all

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Baronjutter posted:

Sounds like this couple did, then she changed her mind :(

I mean, if there is a mind change, bring it up up front, then go from there if it’s a deal breaker. I feel bad for the dude, really.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I (27F) left my husband (29M) and now I want him back. But he doesn’t want me back.

quote:

The title pretty much says it all. Husband and I together for 3 years before we got married. Been married for a little over a year. I moved out in the middle of December to my own place. Everything was all very sudden and I was like a robot through the whole process. I left because I was unhappy.

A week or so after moving, It started to sink in what I had done and I really started to miss my husband. In the middle of January we went on a 7 day cruise with 8 of our friends. Him and I had separate rooms. But seeing him made me realize just how much I did miss him and that I still loved him.

I pretty much made a fool of myself begging him to give me another chance for us to work on our issues. He states he doesn’t want to because I hurt him and I will just leave again if he takes me back. He came over after the cruise and we basically had the same ordeal all over again - me crying and begging him to try to make us work and him saying I will just hurt him again.

I don’t know what to do. I am torn up about this. Its hard to make it through the day without crying or thinking of him. We are still married but he filed for divorce shortly after I moved out. I really do want to make this work and show him that we can be great together. Is there any hope? Is there anything I can do to win him back?

tl;dr: I left my husband but now I want him back. But he doesnt want me back because he says I will just hurt him by leaving again. What can I do to show him that I am here to stay and that I made a mistake?

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Danaru posted:

I (27F) left my husband (29M) and now I want him back. But he doesn’t want me back.

There isn't anything you can do, also you're real dramatic

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I [23M] fall asleep on the couch at night and it’s really starting to negatively affect the relationship with my wife [21F]

quote:

Hey guys,

Wasn’t sure where to post this but I thought r/relationships might be a good way to start. Anyways, as the title suggests, I’ve been falling asleep on the couch when spending time with my wife and it upsets her a lot. Sometimes I fall asleep as early as 7pm, and I try so hard not to. I work full-time, and two days a week go in as early as 3:30am (department manager). I’m also a full-time student, although this happens at night whether I’m in school or not. I’ve even drank coffee, or had an energy drink, before we sit down at night, but it doesn’t help. I’ve tried sitting up straight, no blanket, etc.. She’s cried over it more than once, and believes that I just don’t really want to spend time with her, that it’s not so hard to stay awake. She likes to be massaged, but I only massage her feet halfway sometimes before falling asleep, as if the kneading of my hands puts me to sleep. Or the TV. I’ve always been an early riser and an early sleeper, but lately it seems out of my control.

I don’t always apologize because, like yesterday, I left our house around 3am for work, went to class at 2:30, and returned at 5pm, and was exhausted. She doesn’t seem to understand though, and only works part-time (M-F).

She’s my best friend, and in the scheme of things we have an excellent marriage considering the mundane nature of this problem (our only problem). Any advice?

TL;DR

I fall asleep nearly every night on the couch when spending time with my wife. Try to stay awake by drinking coffee, caffeine, standing constantly—doesn’t work. Work full-time/full-time student with early hours, sometimes justify my exhaustion. Want my wife to be happy and feel loved.

*Goes to work/school for 14 hours a day*
:byodame: "YOU'RE TIRED BECAUSE YOU DON'T LOVE ME ANYMORE"

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

I mean, I get that as context for why he can't take her along. because, you know, she'd drown. Like "man, I love being an olympic gymnast, but my SO can't do flips with me, so she feels excluded" would be a weird thing to have to say.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Danaru posted:

there's probably a reason why she broke up with him that she now cannot remember because she misses him. i hope they don't get back together.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
My (25f) fiancé's (26) mom (50s?) passed away a month ago. He has refound his fundamentalist Christian faith and I can't be with him anymore. How long do I wait to break up with him since his mom's passing is so recent?

quote:

submitted 5 hours ago by Melody12xcv

Where to begin...

I love my fiancé very much, we have been together for almost four years. We met just after graduation and really hit it off. I knew he came from a very religious family but he had really separated himself from it since he had been away at college. I always sort of gritted my way through visits with his dad and stepmom where they would give me their fundamentalist views on very hut button subjects and the endless prayers and talk about "our savior." They are nice people but I could only spend so much time around them. His mom, who had long ago divorced his dad for the same reasons was very sweet and cool but lived across the country so we didn't see her very much.

The day after Christmas we got word that his mom had a very serious heart attack and passed away very suddenly. We did all the normal funeral things and I thought my boyfriend was handling it as well as can be expected but his dad and step mom showed up and almost seemed like they took over the proceedings and suddenly a very nice, dignified funeral was turned into like a fundamentalist televangelist show, complete with people from a local sister church who my boyfriends mom had never met acting as an around the clock "prayer team." I have never seen anything like it. My fiancé very slowly started slipping into the same behavior.

Since then he has essentially taken on his dad's personality, I understand he's grieving but he says that his mom's death has been the event that he needed to "reopen his heart to Jesus and he can never close it off again." I thought for sure this was a sign he was breaking up with me but he said that god had spoken to him and I was "just days" away from opening my own heart to Jesus.

Like I said, I understand his grief and I loved his mom too, but there is no way I can live my life like I saw his dad and stepmom live. It just won't work. I've decided that I am going to break up with him but I just don't know how long I need to give it since he's already experienced so much grief.

Question is, how long do I need to wait before breaking up with him?

tl;dr: I am going to break things off with my fiancé because he's gone back to his fundamentalist religious upbringing after his mom died and I don't know how long to wait.

rip that bandaid off lady

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

girl pants posted:

there's probably a reason why she broke up with him that she now cannot remember because she misses him. i hope they don't get back together.

I figured she was deliberately omitting whatever reason they broke up the first time around because it paints a really unflattering picture of her. She doesn’t even hint at.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Clark Nova posted:

I figured she was deliberately omitting whatever reason they broke up the first time around because it paints a really unflattering picture of her. She doesn’t even hint at.

in the comments it's basically she got bored and bailed

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Clark Nova posted:

You can love someone and still know that you don't work as a couple and it doesn't have to be anyone's fault. It could just be something simple and dumb like a personality clash. Then the reality of the breakup kicks in and you forget all that because you're hurting so bad.

I mean she could have even had a bad reaction to a medication (she said she was feeling like a robot at the time). Either way that relationship is o v e r though

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

first name norton middle name orville last name dickinson would give you NODICK

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

girl pants posted:

My (25f) fiancé's (26) mom (50s?) passed away a month ago. He has refound his fundamentalist Christian faith and I can't be with him anymore. How long do I wait to break up with him since his mom's passing is so recent?

rip that bandaid off lady

This guy is a huge piece of poo poo:

OP's comment posted:

Your sentiment seems to be the most common one or a common when I should say but the problem is is he’s already started preaching to me about decisions I’ve made in the past, even before I met him, and how I need to repent to his new pastor. That’s never going to fly with me, I mean not ever. I had an abortion when I was 17 and it’s something I still struggle with and he knows this but for him to suggest that I need to go re-open this wound with a total stranger who probably doesn’t agree with my views on the matter is beyond the pale of any reasonable request for a person, much Less one you expect to spend the rest of your life with.

Sorry, this was written into Siri while I’m in traffic so I hope it makes sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006

Skutter posted:

This guy is a huge piece of poo poo:

No I changed my mind. Stay with him but casually leave Ouija boards, Planned Parenthood leaflets, and tarot cards around the house.

Then convert to Catholicism. :catholic: