Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
My inner fanboy is saying "hey, that's not her color scheme" but my outer fashionista is saying "muted red blue and gold is a poo poo color scheme, this is way better"

What I wanted to see was a rad haircut (which I already knew wasn't coming).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

TBH, Brie rocking a pomp/fauxhawk would make all the difference for me. I could care less about the costume if that were the case, lol.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
This is the firat MCU movie I'm disinterested in.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The costume will be fine on screen, the green is more than likely just there for CG touch up, Marvel's been doing that a lot with their costumes lately.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Mr Hootington posted:

This is the firat MCU movie I'm disinterested in.

For me it’s been Ant Man (I always liked him as an Avenger, solo stuff not so much), GotG (I’ve been reading Marvel since I was five and was like “who the gently caress are these guys?”), and Thor Ragnarok (since 2 was so bad). So far I’m 3 for 3 for being pleasantly surprised.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

This may be a costume that is Kree based. Maybe she has been off planet doing something with them. Mar-Vell was kree and those are around his colors.

Maybe the standard costume will show up later.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It looks terrible.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lurdiak posted:

It looks terrible.

Yeah it really does. It might be temporary and it might be a placeholder for CGI but it looks awful as is.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I have no issues with the colors, because this was brought to my attention:
https://twitter.com/SuperBroMovies/status/956636928077697027

I dislike how it looks like every other MCU costume. The design blows. Hopefully her tuned up costume in red and blue looks better.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ultimate Mar-Vell is one of my favorite costumes so hopefully this means his will look like that

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I love how everyone is already like "ugh it looks terrible" and ignoring that these are candid pictures from the set and the costumes always look better on film.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Lotta people bitching about colors too. Read some classic Captain Marvel and you can easily connect the dots.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Don't you ever suggest to me that I should have an informed opinion again, I'm an American god dammit

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Codependent Poster posted:

I love how everyone is already like "ugh it looks terrible" and ignoring that these are candid pictures from the set and the costumes always look better on film.

I dunno, it heavily shares the aesthetic from the Ant-Man/Wasp/Falcon/Black Widow/Hawkeye suits, and I personally think those all look terribly generic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Lotta people bitching about colors too. Read some classic Captain Marvel and you can easily connect the dots.

It's a terrible color now same as it was then.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maybe this means they're going to introduce her as a villain :tinfoil:

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
She looks like a Power Ranger.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Ugly In The Morning posted:

For me it’s been Ant Man (I always liked him as an Avenger, solo stuff not so much), GotG (I’ve been reading Marvel since I was five and was like “who the gently caress are these guys?”), and Thor Ragnarok (since 2 was so bad). So far I’m 3 for 3 for being pleasantly surprised.

I hope i will be! Just do not give a poo poo about carol at all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The important question is if her call sign is Warbird or Cheeseburger.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Boy this bad costume conversation comes up every time set photos leak even though we're at a point where everything is heavily touched up to the point that Black Panther's suit was completely CG in every frame of Civil War.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also still look terrible plenty of times too, like Quicksilver and Wasp.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 26, 2018

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I like how you used an example of a costume that hasn't been seen in film yet to diffuse his point about costumes looking better in the films.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
When did quicksilver wear a uniform

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

site posted:

When did quicksilver wear a uniform

Yea, he and Wanda in AoU literally are wearing street clothes. I did always think that it was funny that Tony had a womans red leather jacket laying around. I mean maybe it was Natasha's but I'm more of a mind that some lady was trying to flee Tony's attentions.

Has the MCU done a bad costume yet? This isn't an X-men movie where they insist on putting everyone in just black leather for some reason. The costumes always look like the comics ones, unless those are silly or wouldn't work in real life. Like imagine Elizabeth Olsen in that terrible tiara Wanda used to wear? Though Scarlet Witch is a history of bad costume choices.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Has the MCU done a bad costume yet?

teagone posted:

Ant-Man, Wasp, Falcon, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Gamora

They're not necessarily bad bad imo, like yes, they could be way worse. But they've got this generic "tactical" aesthetic that I find dull and uninteresting. From the set photos, Captain Marvel's costume looks like it borrows that same design language. That could change I guess when she gets her actual suit. Every other costume in the MCU has ranged from ok to pretty good though. Except Avengers 1 Cap. gently caress that costume.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I like how you used an example of a costume that hasn't been seen in film yet to diffuse his point about costumes looking better in the films.

Because it's one that looked like poo poo on set, and has as recently as 2 or 3 weeks ago post production, retouched and lit photos still looking crappy.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Black Widow looks fine, do you want her to go back to wearing the one from the 60s where she looks like Catwoman from Batman 66?

The rest look fine too. I don't really know what people are looking for in super hero costumes. They look like live action versions of the comics ones, that's all I am looking for.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

Black Widow looks fine, do you want her to go back to wearing the one from the 60s where she looks like Catwoman from Batman 66?

...I mean, don't you?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Captain America's Avengers costume

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Everyone agrees it looks like poo poo and blames Whedon for it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I'll give you that, but it was the second costume.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Are people really that strongly against her outfit being green and black (or dark grey, whatever) just for the sake of variety?

There's whole hell of a lot of blue and red already. I've never thought the "Captain Marvel" suit was bad, but it's generic as all hell, and kind of reflects the "Carol wants to be the Marvel Universe's Superman" angle that I think is boring instead of the "Carol is a military officer/interplanetary diplomat who don't take no poo poo" angle that I picked up from Avengers EMH and those issues of X-Men she was in

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That suit looks like it was just taken from the Kree. It will be updated to be red and blue like the concept art.

So she doesn't make it herself and probably gets it from Mar-vell.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Green is for villains. :colbert:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Endless Mike posted:

Green is for villains. :colbert:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Holy poo poo, I never realized that but yea, green is the colour of evil in Marvel.

Maybe Carol is captured by the skrulls and she has to put on whatever she can and finds a Kree uniform and this is from when she gets back to Earth.

Also all this colour talk reminded me of this

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Professor X / Magneto are a notable inversion where the hero wears green and the villain wears red.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I kind of wonder if they didn't want her to have a similar color scheme to Captain America.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

This is from a scene shortly after Rogue drains her powers (and her colors)

All bullshitting aside if Black Panther 2 and Captain Marvel 2 dont feature Storm and Rogue i will be very very pissed :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Timeless Appeal posted:

I kind of wonder if they didn't want her to have a similar color scheme to Captain America.

I really can't wait for them do adapt the scene where Carol reminds Steve that she outranks him in the military.

• Locked thread