Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

im freaking the heck out posted:

Ok, that's strange, what's your damage proc on your CTP? Mine's at 200 which is why I assume everything goes down so quick.

I have a 140% on an Energy CTP but that still gives me pause. The bosses die faster than I can hit the button, and its like - dead before anyone has a chance to react. I don't think a 200% proc can shred that much health that fast just by hitting the 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The snowfu is definite waifu material. I recommend her to all you fine people.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

STAC Goat posted:

I mean, it probably just comes down to people who spend money and have like 3 sets of isos and maxed out Urus and whatever else you can buy.

But like I said, its an excuse for me to finally slow down and look at Cable and tweak him.

I often get >90% damage in WBI just by pressing 5 with cable and I didn’t spend anything on him. I just put my free CTP of energy on him, rerolled until it had a 200% proc, rolled power of angry hulk with some partially awakened ISOs, and put 4-5 star urus on him. My cards are good but not amazing.

It’s all doable even as f2p

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Tom Gorman posted:

I have a 140% on an Energy CTP but that still gives me pause. The bosses die faster than I can hit the button, and its like - dead before anyone has a chance to react. I don't think a 200% proc can shred that much health that fast just by hitting the 5.

That sounds like just a normal cable with all the stuff I just mentioned. He really does do that much damage. The bosses with the red/blue health bar die in under 2 seconds

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

fart simpson posted:

I often get >90% damage in WBI just by pressing 5 with cable and I didn’t spend anything on him. I just put my free CTP of energy on him, rerolled until it had a 200% proc, rolled power of angry hulk with some partially awakened ISOs, and put 4-5 star urus on him. My cards are good but not amazing.

It’s all doable even as f2p

This is me, too. Power of Angry Hulk or Overdrive with a full 5-6 starred set (not necessarily awakened) helps a ton, along with decent cards and custom gears.

I don’t think anyone should be buying multiple iso slots for any character. gently caress that.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

lol they changed the type of the Frost Beast on Speed Hero Day to Combat, so people are getting 50k to 100k lower scores with Quicksilver. Anyone that was having trouble getting to 100k is boned.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

The snowfu is definite waifu material. I recommend her to all you fine people.

her theme song is literally the best song I've ever heard. i just woke up and immediately ran to my phone to tap her portrait so I could hear it...just...one more time before I sleep

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So question. I have a mega rank up ticket. Who do I use it on? Snow Waifu or Nova?

Both are at 1 star.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

So question. I have a mega rank up ticket. Who do I use it on? Snow Waifu or Nova?

Both are at 1 star.

nova, you can 20 bio a day snow waifu, pretty sure you can't do that for nova.

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Yeah, Nova on that one. He kicks rear end even at 60 too.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I figured Nova was the better deal. I just wanted to know if Snow was dome amazingly broken Tier 1. Or is that just the Ultimates bit.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
Who is the better lead for Jean, Satana (with uni) or Ancient One (with uni)?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I find it really weird they didn't add Nova and Blue Marvel to the 20 bios a day, people are way more likely to spend money on that than big rear end diamond packages.

And holy poo poo I realized I've never bothered putting urus on people. What the hell is wrong with me?

The only WB i have issues with is Apocalypse. The only way I've been able to beat him is use Wanda and Jean and sacrifice one. WBI the only problem is completing the quest when its something you actually have to kind of think about, as most people playing FF can't read or don't bother.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

fart simpson posted:

I just put my free CTP of energy on him, rerolled until it had a 200% proc

Wait wait wait, you can re-roll CTP?! With what, like regular 6* custom gear?

Does only the last slot change?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
All of the stats change but only the values, and on energy the chain damage and % proc are tied, so if you get 200% damage it's also always 30% chain damage.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Struggling to deal with World Boss, so I'm struggling to finish quests because I'm struggling to get Norn Chaos and all the Black Anti-Matter I need to finish research in the X-Men quest. Of course, I finally upgrade my lab enough to manufacture them, and making one requires using up the other. THAT'S HOW THEY GET YOU. So Strange is stuck at 45 and Wolverine stuck at 50. Do you have to pay to unlock Magneto or if I finish the X-Epic Quest will that unlock him?

I just Tier-2ed Spidey 2099, so that is fun. He now joins Ultron, MODOK, Black Panther as my Tier 2 guys. Trying to drag Superior Spider-Man up to Level 60 so I can start work on Tier-2ing him as well. Deciding to use the Repeat Auto Play while I work to have Miggy drag Otto over the XP finish line.

I've got 6-Star Mastery on Mysterio (54), Beast (50), Rogue (50), Storm (49), Bloodstone (49), Absorbing Man (43). One mastery away on America Chavez, Daisy Johnson and Captain America. 6-stars on Titania, Anti-Man, Thor, Songbird.

I hate how slow the resource gathering for these Epic Quests is going. I should probably spend more time maxing up my ISO but that crap is so boring.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You should just be focusing on one Epic Quest. Strange or Wolverine. If you divide up your resources you're just slowing everything down. Focus on one and ignore not only the other but any T2 character that requires BAM or Chaos Stones. So pick one and get him done, and when you do that you'll have more weapons to do WBR and other things that help you get that stuff to speed up the other.

I suggest Wolverine over Strange. You already have him farther than Strange. Strange is better but all of the other X-Men are good and more useful than Strange's second characters. And it gets you on the path to Magneto and Jean Grey.

You have to spend a ton of crystals to unlock Magneto (6600?). So he doesn't necessarily cost money. You can just save for a long time. Or you can spend cash and buy crystals.

Spidey 2099 should help you with WBR a bit but Ultron, Modok, Black Panther, and Superior Spider-Man aren't gonna be big helps. The X-Men are really probably your fastest options to getting to T2 and being helpful.

Don't bother mastering characters unless you're using them. I made that mistake. If you're just mastering everyone as far as you can you're losing those resources. I tend to just wait until I get someone to Level 60 unless their leadership is especially useful.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Cinara posted:

All of the stats change but only the values, and on energy the chain damage and % proc are tied, so if you get 200% damage it's also always 30% chain damage.

Extremely this

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

STAC Goat posted:

You should just be focusing on one Epic Quest. Strange or Wolverine. If you divide up your resources you're just slowing everything down. Focus on one and ignore not only the other but any T2 character that requires BAM or Chaos Stones. So pick one and get him done, and when you do that you'll have more weapons to do WBR and other things that help you get that stuff to speed up the other.

I suggest Wolverine over Strange. You already have him farther than Strange. Strange is better but all of the other X-Men are good and more useful than Strange's second characters. And it gets you on the path to Magneto and Jean Grey.

You have to spend a ton of crystals to unlock Magneto (6600?). So he doesn't necessarily cost money. You can just save for a long time. Or you can spend cash and buy crystals.

Spidey 2099 should help you with WBR a bit but Ultron, Modok, Black Panther, and Superior Spider-Man aren't gonna be big helps. The X-Men are really probably your fastest options to getting to T2 and being helpful.

Don't bother mastering characters unless you're using them. I made that mistake. If you're just mastering everyone as far as you can you're losing those resources. I tend to just wait until I get someone to Level 60 unless their leadership is especially useful.

I'd been focusing on the X-Men since they happened, but I didn't want to have to deplete the Chaos Norns in the process. I need 1200 of those things. But I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet enough to crank out the Antimatter.

I just tried Spidey 2099 on a World Boss and did better than I ever had and notched a win. Sadly, that means I can't use him on the rest of them until tomorrow or something. I've been mastering the characters I like, MODOK was my first. Sad to hear they're not as good. I was working on making Ultron's costume Mythic in hopes that would put him over the edge. I just love that he summons a horde of minions.

Also, I just tried Miggy on Shadowland, which I've never really dabbled with. I spent the whole time beating on Winter Soldier and Hawkeye and doing absolutely no damage and I don't know why. I suppose I'll try him on the Story Missions as well and see if I can actually pass one of the Asgardian ones at the 3-star level. I've only been able to inch forward with 2-star finishes.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Steve Vader posted:

I'd been focusing on the X-Men since they happened, but I didn't want to have to deplete the Chaos Norns in the process. I need 1200 of those things. But I suppose I'll have to bite the bullet enough to crank out the Antimatter.

I just tried Spidey 2099 on a World Boss and did better than I ever had and notched a win. Sadly, that means I can't use him on the rest of them until tomorrow or something. I've been mastering the characters I like, MODOK was my first. Sad to hear they're not as good. I was working on making Ultron's costume Mythic in hopes that would put him over the edge. I just love that he summons a horde of minions.

Also, I just tried Miggy on Shadowland, which I've never really dabbled with. I spent the whole time beating on Winter Soldier and Hawkeye and doing absolutely no damage and I don't know why. I suppose I'll try him on the Story Missions as well and see if I can actually pass one of the Asgardian ones at the 3-star level. I've only been able to inch forward with 2-star finishes.

You really have to use the Combat > Speed > Blast > Combat cycle to help you through Shadowland, especially at your level. Spiderman 2099 didn't help you against Winter Soldier/Hawkeye because they're all Speedsters. A Combat character would work better against them. Black Panther might but I usually need some help for him. If you give him Ultron's leadership you might be able to win, maybe with Superior Spidey's help.

Its slow going but like if you can get 1 Floor of Shadowland this week you then gun to get 2 next week. If you're stuck on a floor with a Speed Relay work on a Combat to help. That's how I worked my way through Shadowland. Its really more of a later game thing for you. I couldn't do anything in Shadowland until well after I was doing 5/5 in WBR daily.

I'd say focus on WBR and not Shadowland (although if you can get SL wins, do). You know you can win a round with Spider-Man 2099 so that's 1 out of 5. Work on 2. Try Ultron leading Panther and someone else and maybe you'll have luck. Learn how to use leaderships and tag team characters, because it can be key. Proxima is the easiest to beat so go for her every day instead of the daily bonus one. When you get a 2nd winning team, you work on a third. Etc, etc.

The usual recommendations for people who will help you quickly are Sharon Rogers, Loki, Iron Man with the Netflix costume. The newer characters like Blue Marvel, Nova, and Anti-Man are tough. The pay characters all are. The X-Men are all good, and if you do their Tracking Missions every day you'll probably get them quicker than anyone else. And early story characters like Cap and Black Widow aren't GREAT but they're pretty good and cheaper than most.

But do what you wanna. If its more fun to get up Superior Spider-Man, go for it. Some of my first characters I built up were Falcon and Luke Cage because they're two of my favorites. They're not super helpful at the bigger stuff like WBR and Shadowlands, but I don't regret anything. Its a game and there will always be time tomorrow.

The Asgardian levels are tough and I couldn't finish them until I had characters like Strange, Wolverine, and Jean Grey. So don't feel too bad if you're stuck there. We all were.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
With Shadowland, you really need to read the info before you enter. When they say "X has an advantage" they really mean "things that aren't X won't do any damage".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, don't ignore those little notes. They're not fooling around even a little. You can bring your toughest guy in there and if he's not meeting those requirements he's a limp noodle. You can bring a medium guy in and if he's meeting them he tears through the floor. At some point I just started leveling up characters based on what I needed to meet those Floor requirements.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Russad posted:

With Shadowland, you really need to read the info before you enter. When they say "X has an advantage" they really mean "things that aren't X won't do any damage".

The one exception to this being that universal characters can still do 75% damage on combat/blast/speed stages, but stuff like male/female still matters. Also Dr. Strange removes type buffs so he can do more or less any stage, there's a few other weird quirks like that but yea.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Holy crap, Spidey 2099 is tearing through these first Asgard missions. Nice!

How are Ulik and the Warriors Three and what-not?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

They’re bad, op

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

All right then.

What is the "Netflix" costume for Iron Man? Or did you mean Iron Fist? I don't like the Netflix look and the little blond fro.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea i took me a while ot figure out the end game content in this. I completely misunderstood how world bosses worked and shadowland. Hell I didn't even realize how to T2 people for ages, and had like a dozen t2 tickets just sitting there because i'd been given them but never used them.

I don't think it was until new avengers were added that I figured things out. At this point its only a lack of t2 prevents me from going higher up in shadowland.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

How much do you spend on increasing your inventory? I keep running up against that... although I suppose if I was more on top of enhancing and merging all my ISO, it wouldn't be as much of an issue..

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

You shouldn’t spend any of your crystals on inventory. 600 isn’t a ton, but it’s entirely possible to hover between 500-600. Just always upgrade cards, and gears, and get rid of any ISO’s below 3* , And eventually 4*.

Unless you just want to spend poo poo loads of $$ then do whatever you want and upgrade slots.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only reasons to spend crystals is costumes, to upgrade the X-men epic quest (seriously, getting a T2 magneto was a huge game changer for me) and getting energy. I guess sometimes packs show up for sale that are a good deal, otherwise just squirrel them away.

Mostly I just hoard them until a movie comes out and buy all the movie costumes. Few weeks Black Panther will be out and it will have a ton of costumes, as they tend to have comic costumes for the default and movie as the extra, and the extra costumes always make a character more effective.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I should save crystals for Black Panther or Adam Warlock, but I recently realized the Cyclops AOA costume turns him villain which seems really useful so I might grab that before the sale is up. I'm not sure if there's another "must have" costume. The latest Coulson and War Machine Punisher costumes sound like disappointments?

I spent crystals to unequip an iso the other day because I screwed up and gave a 6* to someone who had a set that didn't need it. It was painful.

I'm filling my 600 inventory daily but I can usually get it down to 450 or even below 400 if I do cards, isos, and gear on the daily. I probably only have that much because I tend to hoard that stuff. I have like 20 of each iso at all times, I sit on over a dozen 6* isos for newly upgraded characters, new needs, and rerolls, I've recently started hoarding some low level "Immunity to ____" isos just to have them, and I've already discussed that I'm hoarding 6* cards and gotten mocked for it. If I stopped all that I'm sure I could get my inventory way down. Plus I have a ton of Urus and Bios I don't really maintain. I'm basically a slob and I still always have room until I start doing a bunch of Dimension Rifts and collecting cards. And you can clear 100+ space with them in a second.

Steve Vader posted:

All right then.

What is the "Netflix" costume for Iron Man? Or did you mean Iron Fist? I don't like the Netflix look and the little blond fro.

Yeah, meant Iron Fist. My bad.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Costume sale check. Are any of these good at T1 (say 6/6/60 4x15) for a low SL level? Or do they need t2?

Tuxedo black bolt
Mustache red hulk
New falcon
Movie mordo

Alternately I can get she hulk's for the leadership boost, or AoA Cyclops or rogue but they are doing okay without it. Maybe I'll wait for the BP movie like some of you said.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The new Falcon one is really good. It extends his 4 iframe in length and adds iframes for his 1 and 2. You can basically play entirely in iframes with him and it turned him into a character that I soloed a teen SL floor with last week (T2ed, but even at T1 he should still be invincible).

I'm very disappointed by the Red Hulk one. I got it awhile ago and I've never been able to find a way to make him effective. I end up just using him for fire damage, and he'd probably be more useful if i switching him back to a villain.

I've always read that the Black Bolt one is good and the Mordo is bad. But I can take down late teen/early 20s SL floors with both of them so I just don't mess with what's working.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

New Falcon takes him from completely useless utter garbage to someone useful but not great or meta

In terms of "upgrade factor" it's huge and its a good investment. I bought it and he cleans up early SL stages now instead of being worthless.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Thanks both. I need to focus on tiering up my story staples like cap, falcon, black bolt and so on. Finished thanos, and Jean is at 58.5. Just a question of whether I max cable before spending some weeks on the cheaper guys.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Does anyone play Strike Force? Its pretty decent, though it has insanely stupid escort missions that are basically impossible. Like the the enemy just focuses on attacking the target, and there's very little you can do about it.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Wait, do the AoA costumes turn all of the x-men into villains? Even Wolverine?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Dravs posted:

Wait, do the AoA costumes turn all of the x-men into villains? Even Wolverine?

just Beast

and Cyclops, goddamn. I had it this whole time and never realized he was a villain.

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Jan 26, 2018

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Ah drat, I got the Beast one as I have just got him to 6 stars and levelled him up hoping he could help in some SL stages. Got Rogue as well so her costume making her a villain would have helped even more.

I suppose I could get the Cyclops costume for the future as the sale is on. Is he a good character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cyclops is a beast IF you can get all your enemies in front of you. You just hit the 5 beam and wait for everyone to die. His problem is that if someone can get behind him or to his side they'll kill him good. A defensive iso set would probably help but usually I just try a couple of times in Shadowland until I can manage to get into a corner and get everyone in front of me for the easy win.

Ive had the Beast costume for awhile since he's super valuable as a villain and can solo that Hydra Cap SL floor that pops up late. I wish I had known about Cyclops and hopefully now he gives me a hit more flexibility.

Are there any other costumes that turn heroes into villains? Hydra Cap doesn't, right? AoA Rogue doesn't?

I really want that War Machine Punisher but it's extra pricey and it doesn't seem great. Any reviews? Seems like maybe you could cycle 3 shield, 5, and 4 iframe but I'm not sure and it's a lot of crystals to try.