Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Shout out to Anders for mentioning the Simple the undertaker video. Was a good watch while we were on tech break. Worth the watch for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZ1Xx84yJkw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

this has been the weirdest major.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

Stumbletron posted:

As much as I want that to happen I can't see them losing to this C9
lol it worked :smug:

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Danish CS is so bad right now .(

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

All four eliminated teams so far were Legends.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

TheFlyingLlama posted:

this has been the weirdest major.
The best teams are all still in contention though, there's a long way to go before things get as weird as last time

symbolic posted:

All four eliminated teams so far were Legends.
2/4 were garbage legends that got there by mistake

The other 2 are being bought back to Danish CS's natural level; gatekeeping T1 (also choking horribly under even slight pressure)

stump collector
May 28, 2007

A TURGID FATSO posted:

for real, how cool is that? Makes me really excited for Windy City 3.0 LAN this weekend that I'm going to.

I've heard nothing but good poo poo about the Windy City tournaments. Ryan runs tournaments extremely well.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want a replay of Flusha jumping around in fire at library until he was burnt down to 5 health for some reason.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

oh jesus vega might end up knocking out both american teams

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Interesting that depending on how they do bracket seeding Navi jumped SK in round differential. So if that is the tiebreaker for seeding G2 and SK would be on the same side of the bracket with Faze and Navi on the other. That might be the best bracket Faze could of hoped for.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

how many knife kills does stewie have this tournament? It feels like he's getting at least one a game

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

I wish I could find somewhere to confirm seeding for playoffs. Because it looks like c9 could pull faze or Navi based on this last game. Assuming its the same as krakow SS win it'll be navi.

Esk1 fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jan 23, 2018

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Yay mousesports

Esk1
Dec 19, 2007

Its hard to feel bad for gambit blowing the QBF game. However they had to play 4 teams that finished top 5 in the cwis system and the last match up being space soldiers who finished positive in rounds. Even if you throw out the QBF finish they had by far the hardest draw and only went 60-69 in rounds against 5 teams that all went positive in rounds.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Stumbletron posted:

2/4 were garbage legends that got there by mistake

BIG and...?

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Famethrowa posted:

BIG and...?

Vp astralis and north

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

stump collector posted:

Vp astralis and north

:catstare:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
:smug:

The clash for cash destroyed both teams involved

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
I'm pretty hype about QBF coming out of nowhere and kicking rear end, but I can't help but feel like this would never have happened if even a single player on mousesports knew even a single smoke for A site on train

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I didn't watch the game but that sounds hilarious. Did they do their cute pistol armor and awp halfbuys on that map too

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Honestly the best looking 8 teams probably made it to the final stage or thereabouts. Not sure QBF beats out Astralis/Gambit in a bo3 but whatever, as I said before I'm happy to see newer blood. bo1s will always bring upsets. Got to watch most of Space Soldiers' games and they are a blast to watch. Got a lot of respect for a team like that who have grinded it out as a single lineup in T2 for so long finally getting recognition too. QBF undoubtedly deserved their spot to, but it's crazy to think that they almost certainly would have been eliminated by nV in the qualifiers if maLeK hadn't been a huge anchor after ScreaM went off in that game. Likewise I think Liquid would probably have reached Legend with steel instead of coach standin, given what we saw of the lineup.

Other note would be GuardiaN played at a level I haven't seen him play at for...two years maybe? For me, he was the best defensive AWPer in CS history but for a long time in Na'Vi he just looked dead in the water. Playing with FaZe has definitely revitalised him as a player. They look like they have a very good chance of taking down the event as a whole imo. Also I'd loving love a G2 v FaZe brawl, so long as bodyy plays the game of his life so it's a fair match.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
So I've played retake servers before, but I tried executes earlier today and they're a lot of fun. Are there any other good ones besides whiffcity?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Audax posted:

So I've played retake servers before, but I tried executes earlier today and they're a lot of fun. Are there any other good ones besides whiffcity?

From what I can tell the plug-in is actually garbage and whiff city has like the only good one, splewis is supposed to be working on one tho

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Photex posted:

From what I can tell the plug-in is actually garbage and whiff city has like the only good one, splewis is supposed to be working on one tho

It's real bad and dumb and whiffcity has an acceptable take on it.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

stump collector posted:

Vp astralis and north

oh right. I forgot about VP, lol

stump collector posted:

I didn't watch the game but that sounds hilarious. Did they do their cute pistol armor and awp halfbuys on that map too

yep.

boombl in particular buys a mp9 on a ton of gun rounds...and consistently gets 1-2 kills and a rifle. look at how dumb his weapon stats are.14% of his kills are with it

it's honestly impressive. he's like a gimmicky Fer. I wonder if NaVi will have figured out his game.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jan 25, 2018

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I'm going to be so disappointed when SK manages to beat G2 after all.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What's the best SMG to get? I normally go for the mp9? Which ever is in the first slot. Used to go ump but i think the mp9 shoots a bit quicker. Mac-10 on t side for anti-eco, ump otherwise.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:siren: https://twitter.com/NWDeKay/status/956567147685208065 :siren:

It's...It's happening. :smith:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Boooooo, boo on this development

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
drat

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Who will be Counter-Strike's dad if that happens?!

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
I won't believe it until an official announcement. TaZ is forever.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

On a more welcome note:

https://twitter.com/100Thieves/status/956612260700471297

He got booted before ever even playing one game. :lol:

SealHammer
Jul 4, 2010
Click to understand my bad faith posting.

Smol posted:

I'm going to be so disappointed when SK manages to beat G2 after all.

lol that you think navi isn't going to fold to QBF

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

symbolic posted:

On a more welcome note:

jesus man what did he do this time?

EDIT: Oh jesus this idiot got in a twitter fight with thorin

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 25, 2018

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Getting into a Twitter fight with thorin: good
Calling people, regardless of your opinion of them, faggots while on your official twitter account: bad

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
LMAO he said he's gonna sue thorin for slander and defamation.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006

symbolic posted:

On a more welcome note:

I mean... at least kng was good at cs

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

i haven't kept up in a while but i thought someone finally shitcanned thorin for being too autistically online??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Olof is just the best :allears: