Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

TheAnomaly posted:

I ban Vayne when I see my ADC has pre-selected her now.
I have to imagine intentionally tilting your team is gonna impact your winrate more than any subpar Vayne

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fnox
May 19, 2013

Ban Vayne if you're playing Sivir, that's what I meant.

But yeah it's a great time to play hypercarries because Riot gave them a get out of lane free card in the form of Relic Shield + Fleet Footwork. The solution is super easy, make it heal way less when procced on minions.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I thought ADCs weren't supposed to buy Relic Shield anymore

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Elephunk posted:

I thought ADCs weren't supposed to buy Relic Shield anymore

I'm seeing it taken less and less on Probuilds. I don't think the small amount of sustain you get compared to DShield or Boots + 4 pots is worth it.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

I’m an old Dota player trying League out for the first time. What’s the best way to get build and item info? The LOLSUMO app seems handy, but I don’t know if their stuff is reputable.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Gunder posted:

I’m an old Dota player trying League out for the first time. What’s the best way to get build and item info? The LOLSUMO app seems handy, but I don’t know if their stuff is reputable.

I tend to use lolalytics (first link is for the data from the last seven days, second for data from this patch only. The difference only matters for the first few days after the patch) for my builds and to check matchups. Some other goons swear by op.gg. Another site worth checking is probuilds, but not all builds professionals use will be optimal or even viable at lower levels.

Gunder
May 22, 2003

Yeah, I'm wary of trying to copy pro players, as the skill group that they play in couldn't be more different from my level.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gunder posted:

Yeah, I'm wary of trying to copy pro players, as the skill group that they play in couldn't be more different from my level.

probuilds are all solid, they are not taken from actual pro games but as long as you have a decent set of fundamentals(namely, do not walk around in the jungle looking for kills, try to get objectives) they are not going to be far removed from what you are doing, either. pros do not take janna and go "now this is the ad jungler i want because i have the skills to make it happen", they pick janna and go bot lane support

if you read guides off mobafire you get some supreme gently caress poo poo and i advise you do not bother with that except in very rare cases, i think invertedcomposers singed guide was on there at one point(..?)

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

So I was Azir in my last ranked match and had Nunu as my jungler. I was hyped to see the Nunu Azir combo but unfortunately he was too busy w'ing himself and chasing enemies in teamfights. Eh we still won but I feel like it is so hard to have any sort of teamplay in ranked.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Ulio posted:

So I was Azir in my last ranked match and had Nunu as my jungler. I was hyped to see the Nunu Azir combo but unfortunately he was too busy w'ing himself and chasing enemies in teamfights. Eh we still won but I feel like it is so hard to have any sort of teamplay in ranked.

The Nunu was a garbage player, plain and simple. Though, Nunu players are by default absolute garbage.

re: Probuilds chat, a lot of the time whatever they build might be in response to what the enemy team has. Too many bad players trap themselves into thinking they have to build a certain build every single game when certain items are more optimal than others. For example, in solo queue I had a feeding Vladimir midlane into the enemy Xerath that refused to build Spectre's Cowl when I told him it would help and instead opted to be worthless by finishing his Frost Queen's Claim asap. When asked why he said "this is what the pros build so I'm building it."

Don't be a goddamn mouth-breather. Use your critical thinking skills. Only the worst players go to shop without thinking about what they need.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

Ulio posted:

When he bloodboils himself it also autocasts on his closest ally.

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!
I had a near perfect ARAM game on Sona. (Would have been perfect if my one death was an execute.)

Got a hextech chest; opened it and got: Another hextech chest, Primetime Draven shard, and a hextech key.
Opened the second chest and got: Primetime Draven shard.

I dont play or own Draven, and have disenchanted one Primetime Draven shard previously.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

The Mash posted:

Never forget the worst series of professional league ever played

CLG EU vs WE like s3?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Don’t take relic shield anymore on ADC, the shield was removed and the healing is now half for ranged champions. It’s back to Doran’s blade or sometimes Doran’s shield.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

iSurrender posted:

When he bloodboils himself it also autocasts on his closest ally.

And also if he W's an ally it bloodboils him as well so he might not even be self-casting.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Gunder posted:

keebys insane story notwithstanding, items aren’t really complicated enough that skill makes a difference. just emulating good players as much as possible will make you improve faster than if you don’t

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 25, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

pog boyfriend posted:

probuilds are all solid, they are not taken from actual pro games but as long as you have a decent set of fundamentals(namely, do not walk around in the jungle looking for kills, try to get objectives) they are not going to be far removed from what you are doing, either. pros do not take janna and go "now this is the ad jungler i want because i have the skills to make it happen", they pick janna and go bot lane support

if you read guides off mobafire you get some supreme gently caress poo poo and i advise you do not bother with that except in very rare cases, i think invertedcomposers singed guide was on there at one point(..?)

When I look at lolkings or mobafire or whatever I tend to check out the couple top guides and compare them and if there's stuff that appears multiple times I make a note of it and anything else I actually think about before blindly copying

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

How Rude posted:

The Nunu was a garbage player, plain and simple. Though, Nunu players are by default absolute garbage.

re: Probuilds chat, a lot of the time whatever they build might be in response to what the enemy team has. Too many bad players trap themselves into thinking they have to build a certain build every single game when certain items are more optimal than others. For example, in solo queue I had a feeding Vladimir midlane into the enemy Xerath that refused to build Spectre's Cowl when I told him it would help and instead opted to be worthless by finishing his Frost Queen's Claim asap. When asked why he said "this is what the pros build so I'm building it."

Don't be a goddamn mouth-breather. Use your critical thinking skills. Only the worst players go to shop without thinking about what they need.

probuilds is good for giving you general build ideas, but everything is flexible and as you gain more experience in the game you will learn which things are core and which can be supplemented, and what build paths are mutually exclusive. but to a new player just seeing what pro players are generally more likely to build is a great starting point

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
oh certainly build generally what appears on probuilds, just understand the builds can be different from game to game or between players, usually for a specific reason.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

90% of the builds are going to be the exact same items. even for probuilds

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Are there any other champs that play similar to Lux/Brand where I can be a giant fucker rear end in a top hat bully in lane

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

strong bird posted:

Are there any other champs that play similar to Lux/Brand where I can be a giant fucker rear end in a top hat bully in lane

Ziggs if you hit your skillshots

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Ive resolved to never play the furry/goblin heros but thank you for the suggestion

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

strong bird posted:

Ive resolved to never play the furry/goblin heros but thank you for the suggestion

but then you can't play teemo?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

strong bird posted:

Only play the heros with huge honking taters

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

anivia and cassio, but cassio right now has kind of been taken to the hoops

E: and velkoz

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I noticed velkoz right away since he has a laser beam move but he costs too much blue zenny

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

strong bird posted:

heimerdinger

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

This, but unironically.

The new Miss Fortune splashes are sexy as heck. Rawr.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Have they ever released a Zyra chroma, I have a bunch of RP saved for it for a long while now but I can't find any.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

miss fortune....

hello

Nightgull posted:

This, but unironically.

The new Miss Fortune splashes are sexy as heck. Rawr.

see you made it weird

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

both taxed to contain her

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
anyway i played my daily bot game for my first win. held my own p well 2v1 in bot lane, went 4/4/something. hit level 18, cracked a capsule for 2 (two) shards!!!! which i didnt know was possible

i immediately disenchanted one because i already have xin zhao but hey man whatever now ive got enough to get sion if i want

what lane do people play sion in anyway

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

You can't talk about honkers and not Sivir.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

anyway i played my daily bot game for my first win. held my own p well 2v1 in bot lane, went 4/4/something. hit level 18, cracked a capsule for 2 (two) shards!!!! which i didnt know was possible

i immediately disenchanted one because i already have xin zhao but hey man whatever now ive got enough to get sion if i want

what lane do people play sion in anyway

Champ capsules will usually have more shards if they're for lower value champs, I've gotten 4 shards from a capsule before but I think that's as high as it goes. Sion is a top laner but recently a lot of people have been playing him as a support because he's a god drat CC machine.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The proper way to play Sion top is grap Grasp of the Undying, Demolish, and Overgrowth in the resolve tree and between those and your W just pretend you're the Rift Hearld

It's actually a lot of fun

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Oh and also kill your enemy laner because a lot of people in top will disrespect a point blank Sion R unless they're a supertank dipshit like you eg maokai

then just go back to pretending to be a rift hearld

Monathin fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jan 26, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Monathin posted:

The proper way to play Sion top is grap Grasp of the Undying, Demolish, and Overgrowth in the resolve tree and between those and your W just pretend you're the Rift Hearld

It's actually a lot of fun

Is that keystone or secondary

Never mind I see Grasp is keystone, what should I take for my secondary and what do I want to build on him? This seems fun as hell

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Jan 26, 2018

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

Arcane Comet/Scorch/Manaflow Band/Transcendence w/Resolve secondary is even more fun. Same build, but your Es cost nothing and do craploads of damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Is that keystone or secondary

Never mind I see Grasp is keystone, what should I take for my secondary and what do I want to build on him? This seems fun as hell

Sorcery secondary, pick two of Manaflow Band/Transcendence/Ultimate Hat. I personally go Transcendence/Ultimate Hat because it makes your R cooldown at later levels extremely stupid and you can use it to get away if you they decide to send 3-4 people top and you have to gtfo. Manaflow Band is good if you wanna sustain and spam Q/E as often as possible.

wodin posted:

Arcane Comet/Scorch/Manaflow Band/Transcendence w/Resolve secondary is even more fun. Same build, but your Es cost nothing and do craploads of damage.

This is also fun.