Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

AFP Challenge:

Step 1: think of a food.

Step 2: GIS if anyone has filled a bathtub with it.

Step 3: Cry a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Picnic Princess posted:

AFP Challenge:

An easy one off the top of my head. Thanks, Google Autocomplete.

Nutella, in case it wasn't clear.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope we get another good goon carbonara meltdown here.

I make mine with ziti, spam, eggbeaters, and canned mushrooms.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I make mine in the microwave in a plastic tray

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

The Bloop posted:

I hope we get another good goon carbonara meltdown here.

I make mine with ziti, spam, eggbeaters, and canned mushrooms.
what the gently caress

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Picnic Princess posted:

AFP Challenge:

I was born with a plastic spoon in my mouth

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Picnic Princess posted:

AFP Challenge:

Does it count if I'm not the one crying?

"Hot sauce".

Didn't find much for bacon surprisingly, but I found this when looking for rice-

I'm sure it tastes fine, it just looks like vomit.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I've never understood why scrambled eggs and spaghetti are supposed to go together but hey, I'm not Italian. I do like white pepper better though, especially if the eggs are fluffy enough.

canis minor
May 4, 2011

mng posted:

An easy one off the top of my head. Thanks, Google Autocomplete.

Nutella, in case it wasn't clear.

https://vimeo.com/18999606

quote:

This video depicts a performance in which I am slowly submerged in 16 gallons of chocolate syrup.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

NorgLyle posted:

I've never understood why scrambled eggs and spaghetti are supposed to go together but hey, I'm not Italian. I do like white pepper better though, especially if the eggs are fluffy enough.

Well, first of all it's not scrambled and further more..

oh poo poo almost got baited there. Good work goon.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

I just love Carbonara fights almost as much as I enjoy Chili arguments; they're entertaining to read and usually make me laugh.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

AFP Challenge:

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

There is absolutely an angry fat activist Tumblr screed about this

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
I ordered room service carbonara in a hotel once. I'm not sure exactly what was or wasn't in it, because it was a bowl of spaghetti noodles drowned in some kind of thin white sauce. It looked like a bowl of skim milk and overcooked noodle shaped mush. I went to bed sad and hungry.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Yawgmoth posted:

why would you marry a person that broken

Love or some poo poo, I don't know it's been too long to remember.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Picnic Princess posted:

AFP Challenge:

hoping someone does this

Waking the Witch
Aug 20, 2011

The climate change thread inspired me to give veganism another go. Recently I was searching for vegan pancake recipes to use up the rest of my aquafaba and found these monstrosities:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Waking the Witch posted:

The climate change thread inspired me to give veganism another go. Recently I was searching for vegan pancake recipes to use up the rest of my aquafaba and found these monstrosities:

Why are so many blue-grey?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I thought this one was moldy on first scroll-through. Still not entirely convinced it's not.

Picnic Princess posted:

AFP Challenge:

I googled 'bathtub full of soup' and...I guess this technically counts?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Haifisch posted:

I thought this one was moldy on first scroll-through. Still not entirely convinced it's not.

Brains!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Hey if it's any further consolation, the Golden Krust guy killed himself over tax evasion in December

edit: in his office at the Golden Krust bakery, to boot

I saw the headline about that but I don't think it mentioned that it was because of tax evasion. That's certainly something I guess.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Waking the Witch posted:

I’m recovering from surgery, I would kill for the ability to eat solid food, and gently caress that. No no no no no no no no.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Haifisch posted:

Dude what the gently caress

E oh my god I can't stop imagining falling in this gently caress me

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Haifisch posted:

Can someone who knows more about brains tell me what type of brains these are?

Scathach posted:

E oh my god I can't stop imagining falling in this gently caress me

Here's something fun, imagine getting in on purpose. Stepping inside, lowering yourself down into it, and feeling them rubbing up against you. Is the water hot or cold?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

You know how in Silence of the Lambs (the book) it's implied that Buffalo Bill's basement has a lot more rooms than the one with the pit? This is pretty much what I'd expect in one of them.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
If I remember properly that pic came from one of those blogs where people explore abandoned buildings and that was in the basement of an abandoned hospital

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

drrockso20 posted:

If I remember properly that pic came from one of those blogs where people explore abandoned buildings and that was in the basement of an abandoned hospital

what

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

I've seen lots of pics of abandoned hospitals and schools, and that is far from the weirdest pic I've seen involving preserved body parts or animals in those situations

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I could understand if they were in jars, but just...leaving a bathtub full of brains laying around when you close the hospital? :psyduck:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Haifisch posted:

...what

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Haifisch posted:

I could understand if they were in jars, but just...leaving a bathtub full of brains laying around when you close the hospital? :psyduck:
The big question is, did they keep them in the grimy tub while the hospital was open, or did they dump them and keep the sweet rear end jars? And if it's that: did someone have the choice between keeping an empty brain jar or a brain and prefer the empty jar so much they specifically dumped the brain?

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

I had to look this up and someone on Reddit had this to say:

quote:

Just to answer a few questions that I've seen a few times:

1) Those are definitely human brains.

2) Those are definitely preserved human brains, probably with formalin. Fresh brains have the consistency of jello -- they're wobbly and soft and more pink than those brains. As you can see in the picture, those brains are pretty firm and more grayish.

3) You can see some horizontal cuts in the lateral surface of some of the brains -- that's from the bone saw that opens up the skull.

4) The half-brains are intentional -- the two hemispheres of the brain are connected by a thick band of neurons (the corpus callosum) that someone cut through. Neuroanatomy classes like to have half-brains so that you can see all the midline structures of the brain.

My guess is that this is, as others have mentioned, some Eastern European med school prep area. These are either brains that are going to neuroanatomy classes, or brains that have been removed from cadavers bound for gross anatomy classes.

:wtc: nonetheless

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Brain bath is my favorite thing ever.

No results for "bathtub full if chutney," sadly.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Well, yeah, of course they're human brains.

Upon reflection it occurs to me that not everyone has seen enough brains to distinguish human ones at a glance. It's the size of the cerebrum, the huge wrinkly part (not to be confused with the cerebellum, the smaller wrinkly thing at the base of the brain) that gives it away. It's so hugely overdeveloped in humans that part of it hangs out over our eyes. You ever wonder why most other animals don't have foreheads? Their brains aren't big enough to require that extra skull space. Elephants and dolphins, known to be smart as gently caress, are also forehead-havers.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Haifisch posted:

It's gonna suck when they start floating and draining everyone's intelligence.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bertrand Hustle posted:

You ever wonder why most other animals don't have foreheads? Their brains aren't big enough to require that extra skull space. Elephants and dolphins, known to be smart as gently caress, are also forehead-havers.

You know, I never noticed that until now

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My Lovely Horse posted:

You know how in Silence of the Lambs (the book) it's implied that Buffalo Bill's basement has a lot more rooms than the one with the pit? This is pretty much what I'd expect in one of them.
Just remembered there's an actual bit in it:

quote:

Then he used the method that produced the matchless butter-soft buckskin of the New World — classic brain tanning. The Native Americans believed that each animal has just enough brains to tan its own hide. Mr. Gumb knew that this was not true and long ago had quit trying it, even with the largest-brained primate. He had a freezer full of beef brains now, so he never ran short.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Yawgmoth posted:

It's gonna suck when they start floating and draining everyone's intelligence.

Don't worry. They'll soon leave Earth for no raisin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Haifisch posted:

Somehow not wrong.