Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

A new version of Nagash leaked and by it, it looks like Summoning is changing as he lost his summon double the number of units ability for the power to heal and revive them.

Honestly for the best given the direction summoning rules have taken in both Warhammer game lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Some new stuff here.

https://www.warhammer-community.com...omepage-post-1/

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The witch elf trailer was way different than I was expecting but those models are loving dope

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Oh my god that new Knight is extremely my poo poo

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Death Metal Aelves is probably the one thing that could tempt me away from Chaos and Death. Goddamn it GW i'm only just now starting 40k and there are already 5 different AoS factions I want to play, build and paint.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Don't think Morathi's faction makes much sense as Order.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Tiger Millionaire posted:

WHFB lore was all generic fantasy poo poo, the age of sigmar lore reads like it is a mish mash of every cultures creationist legends and fuckin owns.

thanks for making the dumbest post in the thread, i will enshrine it in the op for all to behold your awful opinion

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey I just got a reply about this from GW

quote:

Warhammer Age of Sigmar Order doesn't mean "good guys".
Well, not anymore...

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

MonsterEnvy posted:

Eh, Order =/= is a big thing they're playing up now. On the other hand I feel that the GA balance would be greatly improved if Death was renamed "Darkness" and then included all of the "Evil" Order factions simply to round it out beyond Nagash and his Skelebois.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Oh ffs, I just pulled the trigger on buying a bunch of Maggotkin stuff and then GW drops a whole bunch of Murder Elf goodness and gently caress this hobby is bad for me.

As for the Order=/=Good thing, it's been pretty much there from the start with the various Dark Elf factions. Darkling Covens are essentially miniature cults to whatever Sorceress leads them, the Corsairs attack anything not explicitly aligned with Azyr (including unaligned settlements, whathave you) and from what we saw of Khaine's worshipers in WHFB and especially End Times, words like "Collateral Damage" and "Friendly Fire" have zero meaning to them.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Those new Dark Elves look dope as gently caress, definitely a cool direction to go with them.

Danimo posted:

It makes sense when treemen with big spiky bow are shooting spectral arrows into bounding Khorne bloodthings but does look dumb when a handgunner is firing point blank into an orc.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

I'm the Marine tenderly cupping the Ork's cheek as said Ork wears his beaky as a conveniently concealing codpiece.

Anyway, rewatching the Daughters of Khaine teaser we can vaguely bump their army roster to:

Witch Aelves
Sisters of Slaughter
Cauldrons of Blood
Death Hags
Bloodwrack Medusas/Shrines
Doomfire Warlocks

Flying Harpy Aelves (either two weapon options or two variants, different helmets make me lean towards variants)
Choppy Snake Aelves
Shooty Snake Aelves
Morathi
Giant Fuckoff Snake Thing
Snake Aelf Hero

So speculation, is the Giant Fuckoff Snake Thing Morathi or is it the fancy Aelf with the filigree wings?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im the thinly veiled homoeroticism

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want to say what I am in that pic but I'm still puking all over the place from the comment about WHFB lore

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SteelMentor posted:

So speculation, is the Giant Fuckoff Snake Thing Morathi or is it the fancy Aelf with the filigree wings?

Both are. She appears to have two forms.

Wonder what the Warlocks justification in lore is going to be. In the Old World they were cursed by Malekith for practicing magic to slowly lose their souls unless they served and split the blood of his enemies.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
I am on record as not being an elf fan.

But those Daughters of Khaine are pretty drat awesome and I would seriously consider buying some of those models. The metal-winged Morathi is sweet, and they did an amazing job of painting her face.

EDIT: Speculation is that Moonclan Grots will be getting a book this year as well - they and Daughters of Khaine were the two that didn't feature in the GHB 2017.

berzerkmonkey fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Jan 26, 2018

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

My body is fully ready for the WAAAGH.

berzerkmonkey posted:

I am on record as not being an elf fan.

But those Daughters of Khaine are pretty drat awesome and I would seriously consider buying some of those models. The metal-winged Morathi is sweet, and they did an amazing job of painting her face.

EDIT: Speculation is that Moonclan Grots will be getting a book this year as well - they and Daughters of Khaine were the two that didn't feature in the GHB 2017.

Don't forget Moonclan getting a hero in Malign Portents too.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 26, 2018

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

My body is fully ready for the WAAAGH.

Don't forget Moonclan getting a hero in Malign Portents too.

God drat it GW, I can only buy so many factions.

Luckily today's story reaffirms my love of Nurgle
https://malignportents.com/story/deluge-of-life/

I just love how convinced Rotigus is that he's the good guy :allears:

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

AnEdgelord posted:

God drat it GW, I can only buy so many factions.

Luckily today's story reaffirms my love of Nurgle
https://malignportents.com/story/deluge-of-life/

I just love how convinced Rotigus is that he's the good guy :allears:

quote:

He had to save the people up on the hill before the necromancer got them, too.
Awesome.

Also, I look forward to my Empire being able to rest their bows on the shoulders of their skeleton shield-bearers.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Quite a few Death Warscrolls and all 4 MP hero scrolls here:

http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/2018/01/legions-of-nagash-warscroll-leaks/

Death is losing auto-regen from banners, buch more reliant on heroes who have auto-regen aura powers. I don't know how they expect this to work in AoS when heroes get pincushioned so easily?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'd love to see a Start Collecting where the witch elves cost less than $60 / box.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

moths posted:

I'd love to see a Start Collecting where the witch elves cost less than $60 / box.

Maybe they could double the number you get in a box.

TKIY posted:

Quite a few Death Warscrolls and all 4 MP hero scrolls here:

http://runebrush.pa-sy.com/2018/01/legions-of-nagash-warscroll-leaks/

Death is losing auto-regen from banners, buch more reliant on heroes who have auto-regen aura powers. I don't know how they expect this to work in AoS when heroes get pincushioned so easily?

The Big rules change for the year thats supposed to come in Jan has not come yet. Maybe they will insert the Hero shooting rules from 40k.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

moths posted:

The closest you'll get is the allied box that gets you a unit of witch elves and a cauldron of blood for $100.

It's not really a bad deal though, since the cauldron also comes with a bloodwrack medusa you'll likely be able to use as a hero/warlord with the new tome.

Weird to see Nagash kept his Hand of Dust spell, I thought they were removing the abilities that worked like that. Not that anyone would really cast it under most circumstances. An at best 21% chance of blanking a unit isn't burning the house down.

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Jan 26, 2018

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I totally forgot that was a thing! Might not be a bad idea if I can find one at a discount.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

MonsterEnvy posted:

The Big rules change for the year thats supposed to come in Jan has not come yet. Maybe they will insert the Hero shooting rules from 40k.

Say what now? A rule change is incoming?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Injuryprone posted:

FAQs are going to release in January and June from now on. Errata will release within 2 weeks of a book coming out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Weird to see Nagash kept his Hand of Dust spell, I thought they were removing the abilities that worked like that. Not that anyone would really cast it under most circumstances. An at best 21% chance of blanking a unit isn't burning the house down.

Nagash has a like a +5 to cast so getting his Hand of Dust off is pretty easy. Then you have a 50% chance of killing any model in the game.

Injuryprone posted:

They plan to do two big FAQ's a year with Rules updates with them. And I can't think of any other time were they can do a rules update like that.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 26, 2018

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MonsterEnvy posted:

They plan to do two big FAQ's a year with Rules updates with them. And I can't think of any other time were they can do a rules update like that.

General's Handbook.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Okay so I know I was complaining about the Ironjawz only being like 6 models yada yada, the Death release and Maggotkin release obviously aren't like that which is nice. But the new Death Metal Elves certainly seems like a book with a small number of relevant models?

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

S.J. posted:

Okay so I know I was complaining about the Ironjawz only being like 6 models yada yada, the Death release and Maggotkin release obviously aren't like that which is nice. But the new Death Metal Elves certainly seems like a book with a small number of relevant models?

I feel that the emphasis in AoS is "armies with less." You don't need 17 different units in an army - 5-6 will do the job, and, more importantly for GW, is less of an investment while still maintaining an alternative to 40K. Also, being able to ally with other armies within your faction does alleviate the limited selection problem.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

And that's fine, don't get me wrong, it just seems like their book releases aren't consistently hitting the same notes. I guess I'm just hoping there's a broad Greenskinz book at some point. Not that GW is really known for outstanding consistency outside of consistently releasing more space marine factions. I've been thinking about doing Ironjawz or Death, and with the new Death book giving comparatively lots of options, the decision seems easy. Notwithstanding that the Sigmarines have like 50 options compared to everyone elses.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

S.J. posted:

Daughters of Khaine currently have 5 units. They are looking to be getting another 7 or 8 with the new release.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

Daughters of Khaine currently have 5 units. They are looking to be getting another 7 or 8 with the new release.

Oh that many? My bad then. I thought I only saw like 3 or 4 new things.

e: Is The Vampire Wars trilogy worth getting?

S.J. fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 26, 2018

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I do wish there was either a little more room for allies in general or the fewer subfactions; I can't fit a Steamtank in my Empire list at sub 2k without losing all my neato Free Peoples faction rules. I guess that's kind of the point though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SRM posted:

I do wish there was either a little more room for allies in general or the fewer subfactions; I can't fit a Steamtank in my Empire list at sub 2k without losing all my neato Free Peoples faction rules. I guess that's kind of the point though.

Agreed I think there should be some combinations.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Definitely gonna be seeing more Maggotkin/Blades of Khorne/Legions of Nagash books mashing the old factions vaguely back together and offering special rules for focusing on a certain sub faction. Seems a sure bet we’ll get a Freeholds book with Free Peeps/Ironweald/etc.

My hope is if that’s true and after today’s MP story there’ll be rules for
Death and Destruction alligned Free Peoples.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I at least want to be able to ally Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang. Crazy that they can't ally at all.

I have no idea what destruction-aligned Free Peoples would even look like, but I'd love to see it.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 26, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I at least want to be able to ally Bonesplitterz and Spiderfang. Crazy that they can't ally at all.

I have no idea what destruction-aligned Free Peoples would even look like, but I'd love to see it.

isn't that just like libertarians or whatever

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

S.J. posted:

isn't that just like libertarians or whatever

:potg:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

once per game you may refuse to create joinder

• Locked thread