Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Tokamak posted:

They have refactored the pledging ranks and requirements with the new program.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Years ago the F8 was a ridiculously secret ship, intended to be some kind of ultra-badass top tier endgame for Squadron 42. Now it's just another punchline in the great joke that is Star Citizen.

There is no game, no point to keep your best kept secret a secret when whales are just going to throw money at you for it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sounds Kr8 to me.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

:reddit: except it keeps getting bigger and bigger until it explodes out of your computer and your face is shredded by monitor fragments.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

even reddit is calling it now

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Years ago the F8 was a ridiculously secret ship, intended to be some kind of ultra-badass top tier endgame for Squadron 42. Now it's just another punchline in the great joke that is Star Citizen.

YOUTUBE: The Redacted Crew braces for yet another betrayal being telegraphed by CIG

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

There's probably a word in German that expresses a moment of clarity in which you realize that you're not the pimp, you're the bottom bitch.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Dusty Lens posted:

There's probably a word in German that expresses a moment of clarity in which you realize that you're not the pimp, you're the bottom bitch.

Hurtenbummen

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

Nuremberg.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi9WdFRq8oA

S42!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

The shame is non-existant

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Is 25k the most they have ever sold a ship for?

hardycore
Nov 4, 2009
legatus is still less than my student loan balance after 8 years tbf

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:laffo:

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Still amazes me they have a monocle reward tier.

I guess it just the ignorance of every party involved.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
The rest of that thread is extremely :psyduck:

Does he not understand the idea of discrete systems?
Does he think a loving space sim is 'skill based' in the same way, say, Tekken is?
...Has samfreez ever played a game?

That argument of 'driving car = video game' is literally unbelievable.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Something tells me Clifford AKA Miku's tax's for 2018 just got a whole lot more complicated

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

The Titanic posted:

Stupid girls are dumb and wreck the cool games all the time. If we want to keep the game awesome the only females in the game need to be battered and helpless and when the awesome and strong male specimens save them they open their legs like blooming flowers to get plowed hard. 30 seconds later the bitches cry “thank you for impregnating me master!”

This is how it goes, and loving Full Burn is being rage played by Slice The Cake behind the superior male while dicks shoot out of guns and chain saws cut down flowers and pretty girl poo poo stupid girls like. :kingsley:

https://youtu.be/dga01T6gYbU

:laffo:

:same:

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Blue On Blue posted:

Something tells me Clifford AKA Miku's tax's for 2018 just got a whole lot more complicated

Pretty sure Clifford has topped $50K to SC by now, judging by the account screenshots he always posts on twitter. The land beacon sale got him to well over $48K, IIRC.

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

...Has samfreez ever played a game?

I hope he plays arena commander and reports back.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pixelate posted:

New website is up.

e: Tracker is still there. There's a roadmap page with pretty pictures. Hamill still looks constipated.

Lol, just go there an click on the "Core Tech" features. They are so hosed, sooooo hosed.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001
So Pillars of Eternity started crowdfunding about a one month before Star Citizen. Released on March 26, 2015. Had an expansion pack, The White March, release in two parts on August 25, 2015/February 16, 2016. Released a console version on August 29, 2017. And now a full sequel will release on 3 April, 2018. Obviously Obsidian Entertainment doesn't know about game development.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You piece of poo poo fuddy buddies with your lies and deception, the F8 is a courtesy, not something you buy. IT'S FREE!

Look:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7t1n8s/all_new_concierge_rewards_up_to_two_free_f8/

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

trucutru posted:

Lol, just go there an click on the "Core Tech" features. They are so hosed, sooooo hosed.

Let's see, so at the end of Q1 2018 they're going to...

Have Customizable Characters (100 tasks)
Polish Helmets (13 tasks)
"Improve" Planetary Generation Tech (1 task)
"Improve" the Flight Control System (1 task)
"Improve" the Personal Manager (1 task)
Balance Weapons (2 tasks)
Overhaul Ship Damage (4 tasks)
Convert Ship AI to Subsumption (62 tasks)
Implement Aegis Reclaimer (56 tasks)
Implement Anvil Terrapin (39 tasks)
Implement MISC Razor (39 tasks)
Implement Tumbril Cyclone (38 tasks)
Implement Ship Weapon: Preacher Distortion Shotgun (29 tasks)
Implement Personal Weapon: Gemini R97 Shotgun (29 tasks)
Improve Netcode (10 tasks)
Optimize Performance (36 tasks)

Let's be clear about this. They've put more thought into laying out how to polish the loving helmets than they have for improving netcode. It takes the same number of tasks to implement a glorified off-road golf cart than it does to implement a multi-crew ships. They have 100 tasks to implement customization of characters but only 3 tasks combined to improve planetary generation, improve the flight system (their core gameplay element), and improve the user interface.

At this point anyone who reads that and doesn't immediate register that it's a giant pile of steaming bullshit deserves to be loving scammed.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Polish Helmets (13 tasks)

We've taken that taskload on ourselves waiting for this trial to get underway.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

G0RF posted:

I am very excited about Chris being Lando’s guest on RTV tomorrow. It’s been too long since we’ve been able to gather at the knee of his Excellency and bask in his benevolent wisdom.

:five::allears::five:

my aching heart yearns for more G0RF. Never stop posting.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Wise Learned Man posted:

Pretty sure Clifford has topped $50K to SC by now, judging by the account screenshots he always posts on twitter. The land beacon sale got him to well over $48K, IIRC.

https://twitter.com/CliffordakaMiku/status/936697819754303489

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

G0RF posted:

I am very excited about Chris being Lando’s guest on RTV tomorrow. It’s been too long since we’ve been able to gather at the knee of his Excellency and bask in his benevolent wisdom.

Preparing the scope creep graph for another inflection point...

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I really want to live in the world this dude lives in, the literal embodiment of rose colored glasses

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

"Improve" Planetary Generation Tech (1 task)
"Improve" the Flight Control System (1 task)
"Improve" the Personal Manager (1 task)
Overhaul Ship Damage (4 tasks)
Convert Ship AI to Subsumption (62 tasks)
Improve Netcode (10 tasks)
Optimize Performance (36 tasks)

If you're being generous and lumping that ship AI technobabble in with performance related tasks in a game where people turn into balls of light and experience true death you're looking at about 32% of their general hand waving being directed towards figuring out how to get their game to not run like dick. Everything else is based on adding more poo poo and marketing.

So if that's accurate it's indicative of a massive shift in their resources towards actually producing a game. Virtually unprecedented.

I wish they would say what company is supposedly working on what.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
drat you Chris; trying to make me post a thread recap on my weekend.

Viktor posted:

:lol:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

this is like one of the Scientology testimony videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Jk4dhSzJg

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is that Lightning thing part of their Britishness checklist?

Almost comes with an LTI.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Kilmers Elbow posted:

this is like one of the Scientology testimony videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_Jk4dhSzJg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw8lHMCm2Lc

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Viktor posted:

Chris saw that EVE has space-monocles and just had to get that shoved in.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

New Tos :siren:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/tos

:allears:

Dark Off fucked around with this message at 08:24 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

As per advice of our top legal mind, Mo..toast, the "game" shall mean whatever we want it to mean, even a non-game.

loving pre-seasoned ironclad!