Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Oh, neat. Netflix picked up Black Lightning in the UK, now I don't have to pirate it! I enjoyed the first episode, going to stick with it now, see where it goes.

What episode is it up to in the US? We just got episode 1 yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Veotax posted:

Oh, neat. Netflix picked up Black Lightning in the UK, now I don't have to pirate it! I enjoyed the first episode, going to stick with it now, see where it goes.

What episode is it up to in the US? We just got episode 1 yesterday.

I don't think Netflix in the US gets it until the end of the season.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Episode 2 aired last night.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

pubic works project posted:

CW App or website. I think it's like the others in that it's current episode + previous 4. CW also doesn't require having a cable or streaming subscription to use.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Jan 24, 2018

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
BL still good this week

Kinda feel like you could compare it cage but i also feel like if i do that im gonna be stepping out of my lane

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So uh sounds like things are going great over on sex Archie :stonk:

https://twitter.com/KerinCunningham/status/956346982855036929

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I need to catch up with Sex Archie

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Same

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Waiting for them to fight Sex Punisher.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

pubic works project posted:

I just meant the show in general. I'm wondering how many episodes behind we are.

Netflix UK likes to compete with TV networks and pick up American shows before they hit TV over here an market them as Netflix Originals. Stuff like Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Star Trek: Discovery*, The Expanse and now Black Lighting aren't on any network over here as far as I know, they went to Netflix.

I think Amazon does the same thing, too.

*Ok, DISCO isn't on TV in the US either. But same thing really

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Veotax posted:

I just meant the show in general. I'm wondering how many episodes behind we are.

Netflix UK likes to compete with TV networks and pick up American shows before they hit TV over here an market them as Netflix Originals. Stuff like Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, Star Trek: Discovery*, The Expanse and now Black Lighting aren't on any network over here as far as I know, they went to Netflix.

I think Amazon does the same thing, too.

*Ok, DISCO isn't on TV in the US either. But same thing really

It sounds like you're only a week behind, if you had the 1st episode show up a couple of days ago.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Ok, that's not too bad. I was worried we were like a month behind or something.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
After the first episode, I'm not sure how to feel about Black Lightning as a super-hero. He started a fight at a club where he knew his daughter was, a fight which could have resulted in bystanders getting shot. Then he attacked police officers, and wrecked their car. Are they going for an angle that he's a reckless and dangerous vigilante?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Uh...no. No, dude.

Just...out of harmless curiosity my dude, what are your thoughts on the BLM movement? :buddy:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Daler Mehndi posted:

After the first episode, I'm not sure how to feel about Black Lightning as a super-hero. He started a fight at a club where he knew his daughter was, a fight which could have resulted in bystanders getting shot. Then he attacked police officers, and wrecked their car. Are they going for an angle that he's a reckless and dangerous vigilante?

And that loving Spider-Man is such a drat menace, endangering civilians like that.

Jesus gently caress dude, people can climb Mt Everest without reaching how far the point flew over your head.

Edit this is a fake post, right?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
It was a harmless question, settle down. :rolleyes:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Here is a hint. Look at how the police treated BL before that point.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Yeah gently caress the police! For real though, it was nice to see a show not play it safe and play lip service to that all lives matter bullshit.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
From TVIV.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/958401424626520064

Personally I cannot get enough of these shows about the setting where famous superheroes lived but without all the pesky superheroes

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/958401424626520064

Personally I cannot get enough of these shows about the setting where famous superheroes lived but without all the pesky superheroes

It could be good if it is similar to Gotham.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A Superman show without Clark Kent. Why waste time on this when Tiny Superman is sitting RIGHT OVER THERE.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Gotham has Bruce Wayne being NotBatMan on it. This won't even have Clark. Someone unironically pitched the Lois and Lex Scooby Doo Mysteries and WB greenlit it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
BUT TINY SUPERMAN IS RIGHT THERE

For real though, Tyler Hoechlin's Clark and Superman were soooo good. They need to make that happen more.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
I bet it's cheaper somehow.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Just bring back Lois & Clark imo

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I wonder how Black Lightning is going to top kicking rear end to the tune of Billy Paul's "Am I Black Enough For You" tonight.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I first read "before Superman's arrival" as "before the pod crashed" and was trying to imagine baby Lex and Lois.

*hums the Muppet Babies theme*

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

HIJK posted:

I bet it's cheaper somehow.

That's entirely it. No Superman means no Super powers to spend FX money.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Can't wait till they go the Gotham route and just have supervillains show up because shut up that's why

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

They don't really have a choice. It's either do that, or accept cancellation.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ToastyPotato posted:

They don't really have a choice. It's either do that, or accept cancellation.

I would rather Gotham be canceled than keep doing what it's doing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
well, i dont care enough to watch it, but ill be sure to drop in with a hearty lol when yall drop clips that look shittier than any given episode of a soap opera

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

"Alright gentlemen, Superman is still our hottest superhero franchise and still one of the most popular hero brands in existence, so here is a third show that takes place in the Superman mythos with a built in reason to have NO Superman! We'll make MILLIONS!"

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I would rather Gotham be canceled than keep doing what it's doing.

Make entertainibg tv?

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
People love the Batman rogues, to the point where they became the sole attraction for Gotham.

Does anyone care about or want to see Young Toyman?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

mycot posted:

He's on Supergirl every week!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

mycot posted:

People love the Batman rogues, to the point where they became the sole attraction for Gotham.

There is also a young gordon and young bruce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Oh hey the people behind Gotham are doing metropolis.

http://collider.com/metropolis-tv-series-gotham-producers/