Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Just keep stretching baby.

TAXE

Reposting for new page:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAX1rJv0X9k&t=1732s

Sandweed fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Masters of Beef is hilarious!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

New ToS is iron..no STEELclad, it surely has the MoMA stamp of approval.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
PC Invasion: Star Citizen gets new website and a trailer that’s not entirely accurate

quote:

In other news, CIG has kicked out a new trailer for Star Citizen covering different aspects of the game. It’s eight minutes long and it’s not exactly a fair representation of what new backers will find. First of all, the alpha looks relatively smooth in the trailer but that’s not what you’ll get in the game currently. They’ve managed to avoid showing it running at 10 FPS, although you can see cutting away quickly from dodgy looking segments. It also looks super exciting and stacked full of content that’s ready to go, but let’s face it, the Alpha is still a shell of a ‘game’.

It’s actually a shame CIG have released this, while I understand they need more money, it’s just not a fair representation of Star Citizen currently. Considering people have to pay to play, it could be considered false advertising. Take a look…

Meow!

Full story here.

Also...

REDDIT: No RSI booth or presentation at Gamescom this year

:chanpop:

A genuine shock. Sounds like pulling cinematics guys off actual game development to work on dazzle demos is not in the cards this year. Very curious.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Jan 26, 2018

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

An article clearly paid for by EA and Activision, I tell you.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Dusty Lens posted:

There's probably a word in German that expresses a moment of clarity in which you realize that you're not the pimp, you're the bottom bitch.

Selbsterkenntnis

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

ahh yeeeah :five:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

G0RF posted:

PC Invasion: Star Citizen gets new website and a trailer that’s not entirely accurate

Meow!

Full story here.

Also...

REDDIT: No RSI booth or presentation at Gamescom this year

:chanpop:

A genuine shock. Sounds like pulling cinematics guys off actual game development to work on dazzle demos is not in the cards this year. Very curious.

Just saw that new trailer. Its great!

Buy a F8 Wing Commander Pledge!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
F8 sale comes just before the Alt F4.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

CrazyTolradi posted:

New ToS is iron..no STEELclad, it surely has the MoMA stamp of approval.
irorclad Tos

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Honestly somebody could cook up an 8 minute trailer for Elite using that music and exact same shots and prove that Elite can do everything SC does, and more, sans space legs which is a waste of effort.

But because of space legs, SC is better. So, how much are you in for Commandos? 25K isn't all that much to give to star citizen for that spanking new F8 Limited Edition Concierge Tier JPEG

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Hahahaha

I'm not a joke I'm not a joke I say as I cringe into an industry standard for failure and shame

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Lol, they've actually made NEGATIVE progress. Now they feel they're so far from release that marketing the game at gamescom would be premature.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

This is good for Star Citizen because

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Its all still early days.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Good poo poo lol

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
A wee bit late to be insisting that SC and SQ42 are the same thing in the TOS, Mr. Roberts :allears: This isn't gonna stop Skadden from nailing his rear end to the wall.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

The Titanic posted:

Stupid girls are dumb and wreck the cool games all the time. If we want to keep the game awesome the only females in the game need to be battered and helpless and when the awesome and strong male specimens save them they open their legs like blooming flowers to get plowed hard. 30 seconds later the bitches cry “thank you for impregnating me master!”

This is how it goes, and loving Full Burn is being rage played by Slice The Cake behind the superior male while dicks shoot out of guns and chain saws cut down flowers and pretty girl poo poo stupid girls like. :kingsley:

https://youtu.be/dga01T6gYbU

Is this on kickstarter?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/scully1888/status/956830659691020289

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Viktor posted:

I hope he plays arena commander and reports back.

love pledge will change his life

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

necroid
May 14, 2009

Dementropy posted:

Responses from Reddit:

lol these people are insane

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Free tophat

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

This is just like World of Warcraft adding extra levels really.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Sold out unfortunately*

*Only came with 14 ships and there are 153 others to collect now!

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The crux of CIG legal defence now is "Wrong Company, Wrong Game, Wrong Chris." It's beautiful.

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/7t41d1/so_if_im_getting_this_right_work_on_any_of_the_32/

quote:

I was confused while reading the roadmap on the new website.

Any gameplay additions like mining, salvaging or repair are only described as "scheduled". It is strange that no progress has been made, especially since mining was at some point even planned for 3.0. Do we have any more info on this because I find it really curious that they are just starting now, even though they kept saying that while the 3.0 blockers were being squashed, work on other features was continuing...

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

AP posted:

Sold out unfortunately*

I've always wondered: is Doobie the Star Citizen of hot dogs or is Star Citizen the Doobie of video games? The old Doobie/SC mashup thread in GBS was fun.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
Star Citizer is the best game ever.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances
The frames per second in Star Citizen are PILED HIGH!!!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FailureToReport posted:

Edit: I think they'll probably "give" it to the Wing Commander backers, if you had to purchase it and it was $1k or less, the usual 10k+ backers might grab one, but how many of those are left? If you leave it as a free reward, you're enticing your gambling addict (errr, space ship jpeg pokemon collecting addicts) to push themselves up to the $10k mark, and I'd wager they have a lot of $5k~ backers left who haven't felt a reason to open their wallet much anymore.

Someone on reddit told me Sandi confirmed they're :siren:FREE:siren: for the Wing Commander levels. I haven't seen that anywhere yet though.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Alpha. No, actually. Pre-alpha.
Learn to game develop, scrub.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wait a second, why isn't the Idris on the roadmap for this year? For Squadron to be anywhere near even halfway done, shouldn't the Idris be complete?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

AP posted:

Sold out unfortunately*

Excuse me, but a Completo needs to have more mayonaisse and some avocados and sauer....blargh....kraut....

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait a second, why isn't the Idris on the roadmap for this year? For Squadron to be anywhere near even halfway done, shouldn't the Idris be complete?

I figure anything above Starfarer size and the FPS start to dip.

I actually don't expect anything larger than a Starfarer to ever be released, which makes Boredgamer's Javelin funny.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

MilesK posted:

Free tophat

Muthafacking sold!
Here, take my pension and kids college money.
Don't need any of that where I will be going.
To spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccceeeeeeeee

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AP posted:

I figure anything above Starfarer size and the FPS start to dip.

That and the Idris probably isn't anywhere near done lol. It wouldn't surprise me at all if all the hallways we walked through in the SQ42 vertical slice were made specifically for that demo.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lol, F8s are coming with LTI, which the Sabre Raven didn't get because gently caress you you only bought a hard drive.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

happyhippy posted:

Muthafacking sold!
Here, take my pension and kids college money.
Don't need any of that where I will be going.
To spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccceeeeeeeee

Where we're go, we don't need eyes to see tophats to be probated