Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
I'm 25 turns into my Settra campaign and now the game is hard crashing every time I try to end turn. Specifically when the knights of Origo try to take their turn the game dies.

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

dead comedy forums posted:

Hey Gejnor, do you have any plans for a TK review of yours?

(if you are thinking of something already hooray :buddy: )

Well, i did make this mod a day after launch, it buffs the nehekharan lore attribute, the healing passive:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279780960

Not exactly a TK rebalance though. For that i am considering minor stuff like making the summonable Ushabti you get at the end of the Realm of Souls stuff to be non-degradeable, so they last a bit longer.

Maybe add in Carrion in one of the redline skills so they too feel a bit better..

Honestly, TK's in the campaign feel quite solid even if they have a weak start in many cases.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Someone brought this up earlier but re: Dwarf campaign nerfs, I've been getting strangely terrible auto-resolve odds with my stacks against the Greenskins (even though I trounce them in actual battles). It might be the auto-resolve mod I'm using though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Chariots are loving amazing and when you get them for free and then put them with Settra or a chariot lord it's just gravy town. The ranged ones own because I line them up to shoot people or rides circles then when you see a weakend bit of the formation you hit it and drive along

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I have to say, CA's monster designers + animation designers are doing top job as usual. Wathing a huge cat jump around, playing with tiny soldiers is awesome. :3:

jpparker55
Jun 4, 2007
People really saying TK need a buff? Yeah you start slow, but you get a max tier unit which will win you almost any battle (at least the cat or titan). By turn 60 you have 3 full stacks with no upkeep, even if you still only control your starting province! Once you steam roll a couple more provinces so you can add some more elite units, you're completely out of control (which is fine, all factions can get OP in the right hands about that time).

The skeles NEED to be crap because they're free and unlimited. Expend as many as you need, then fill back up for free. Can recruit from the global queue for free as well so 9 skeles in 2 turns potentially! I much prefer it to the Vamps who replace chaff infantry entirely after a couple large battles, never looking back. Doesn't seem right.

jpparker55 fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 26, 2018

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Gejnor posted:

Maybe add in Carrion in one of the redline skills so they too feel a bit better..

I was honestly a bit surprised and disappointed when I noticed Arkhan doesn't have a redline buff for his unique units.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

JBP posted:

So what am I meant to do about Kroq-Gar as the tomb kings?

The actual good solutions have been mentioned already, but here's a weird one: just wait until he gets a mount, then trash him with Khalida.

I spent a good while today throwing Khalida on her snake against every other lord in the game, because she's such a weird duelist that I was compelled to figure out what was going on with her. As mentioned earlier in the thread, her charge on the snake is crazy, to the point where she wins handily against almost every unmounted non-monstrous lord in the game, with a few weird exceptions.

Khalida versus unmounted Kroq-gar is hilarious. He’ll run after her, she’ll charge him, and a decent amount of the time he’ll do his leaping spear-stab right as they impact. Being in the air changes his physics, so when he gets hit, Khalida will swat him about 40 feet away - far enough that he has time to stand up, dust himself off, and charge her again. The fight takes forever: they just trade charges over and over for so long that Kroq-gar’s cooldowns recharge multiple times, and even though he gets the worse end of the charge most of the time, she can’t do anything to his Leadership and he eventually wears her down. Weirdly, if you put Kroq-gar on a Cold One, he actually loses: the fight goes much faster because they’re not trading charges, allowing Khalida’s poison to take a toll since his abilities don’t recharge fast enough to save him. Even on Grymloq, it’s closer than it is on foot, although Kroq-gar does win that fight.

Charge Defense is huge against Khalida in general. Skarsnik of all people will actually beat her consistently thanks to that. Settra, Tyrion, Archaon, and to a lesser extent Grimgor and Sigvald all fare well despite being infantry; Tyrion and Sigvald in particular seem to recover from knockdowns quickly and "track" her movements better than other lords, allowing them to actually land hits on the circle-strafing snake. But with the exception of Kroq-gar's Cold One or the shitshows that are Great Eagle / Manticore mounts, once a lord is on a mount and thus immune to her knockdown charge spam, they've got her number.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Pyronic posted:

I'm 25 turns into my Settra campaign and now the game is hard crashing every time I try to end turn. Specifically when the knights of Origo try to take their turn the game dies.

:(

I had this problem too, on turn 19 with one of the Lizardmen factions I had no contact with. Haven't had it crop up since I restarted and now I'm a hundred turns in, but I'm still kinda sweating every end turn phase now.

aeverous
Nov 13, 2009
I had a lot of occasional crashing in WH1 when the Bretonnian minor Artois took their turn. Turned out it was DX12 mode causing it, so make sure it's set to DX11.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Already on 11, but thanks. Based on searching around for similar issues, it looks like it's something to do with AI empires trying to initiate an invalid diplomacy request or something and is specific to Warhammer 2. You can fix it by doing some diplo related thing with said faction when you reload your autosave since it changes up what they'll do during their turn, but if it's an empire you have no contact with on the other side of the map you're boned.

Seems rare, at least.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I got a question, I found out if you recruit a lord or hero who gives +5 relations with every faction and then ditch them, they will continue to give you +5 since they are sitting on the bench.

Will a lord who gives +unit capacity or a hero full of canopic jar traits or passives also give those when sitting on the bench?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

KPC_Mammon posted:

I was honestly a bit surprised and disappointed when I noticed Arkhan doesn't have a redline buff for his unique units.

Current progress on said mod:

And also

I've also managed to make the Ushabti that spawns at the end of the realm of souls to be non-degradeable and the heals granted for each step last a bit longer to make them feel better!

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Jan 26, 2018

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.

jpparker55 posted:

People really saying TK need a buff? Yeah you start slow, but you get a max tier unit which will win you almost any battle (at least the cat or titan). By turn 60 you have 3 full stacks with no upkeep, even if you still only control your starting province! Once you steam roll a couple more provinces so you can add some more elite units, you're completely out of control (which is fine, all factions can get OP in the right hands about that time).

The skeles NEED to be crap because they're free and unlimited. Expend as many as you need, then fill back up for free. Can recruit from the global queue for free as well so 9 skeles in 2 turns potentially! I much prefer it to the Vamps who replace chaff infantry entirely after a couple large battles, never looking back. Doesn't seem right.

I like to leave my first dynasty research on 1 turn remaining, then switch to a second one. Finishing them both back to back on turn 26 and 27 or so lets you have 3 stacks (of mostly chaff) a bit sooner that way.

e: Also Gejnor I love your mods and am trying out the Lore of Nehekara buff. Those screenshots look promising!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The snake riding men don't feature heavily in any current discussion but Jesus Christ can they drop a large target quickly....

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
So, what exactly do Tomb Kings do against heavily armored elite halberds? only turn 50 but Malekith is pumping out entire infantry blocks of rank 5 Blackguards of Naggarond, the auto resolves are vastly in their favor and playing the battles out aren't any better.

Do I just want to ambush malekith with 3+ tomb king stacks and hope the blackguards reach their preset kill limit and shut down?

I got a truce out of him, but I feel like if he ever re-focuses on me, I should pack up everything and have khatep sail to the badlands to start fresh.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jan 26, 2018

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
Shoot them with arrows, fate of bjuna, rear charge

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, what exactly do Tomb Kings do against heavily armored elite halberds? only turn 50 but Malekith is pumping out entire infantry blocks of rank 5 Blackguards of Naggarond, the auto resolves are vastly in their favor and playing the battles out aren't any better.

Do I just want to ambush malekith with 3+ tomb king stacks and hope the blackguards reach their preset kill limit and shut down?

I got a truce out of him, but I feel like if he ever re-focuses on me, I should pack up everything and have khatep sail to the badlands to start fresh.

I hear that the Warsphinx actually does pretty well against them since with enough micro it just tosses them around too much for them to do anything.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Gejnor posted:

And also

I've also managed to make the Ushabti that spawns at the end of the realm of souls to be non-degradeable and the heals granted for each step last a bit longer to make them feel better!

I really like your mods Gejnor, is this one intended only for Arkhan or will it be similar to your other race mods?

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
In head to head, if one player takes a book can another take it back? Or once you get it is it yours forever?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You got a choice of anti infantry or armor piercing and sadly none of your range falls into that unless you are using dog head bows.

Your infantry can't do it so your choices are run them down with snake cav or use sphinxes.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Gejnor posted:

And also

My dude :getin:

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Gejnor posted:

Well, i did make this mod a day after launch, it buffs the nehekharan lore attribute, the healing passive:

Not exactly a TK rebalance though. For that i am considering minor stuff like making the summonable Ushabti you get at the end of the Realm of Souls stuff to be non-degradeable, so they last a bit longer.

Honestly, TK's in the campaign feel quite solid even if they have a weak start in many cases.

Ty Ty ty

What if each tier of the realm of souls unlocked a summon, starting with something lovely and progressing to ushtabi? Say some spearguys, warriors, tombguard, and then finally ushtabi? Idk if that's already been suggested or not.

I said gently caress it to settra void campaign and went full in to my khalida ME campaign and it's so much better. I peaced with the Dino's to the south and have been stomping all over orcs like grapes in wine season. At lvl12 she has all her good initial archer buffs and with 8 archers behind rows of spearguys the orcs are mostly dead by the time they hit my lines, at which point a prince, khalida and a unit of ushtabi are on cleanup while the spearguys just try not to let anyone through.

The AP damage + physical protect buffs from the priest are really what makes this work though. It's literally the only way I'm able to take out lords without focus firing them to death, all of the other melee lords feel like they could easy smash mine into the ground.

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Not that useful considering what it took to set this up, but it was fun to see at least. :popeye:

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vlex posted:

I really like your mods Gejnor, is this one intended only for Arkhan or will it be similar to your other race mods?

This would be similar to the other racial overhaul mods yes, though the VC unit buff thing is Arkhan only.

Edit: also because it bothered me...

albany academy posted:

Ty Ty ty

What if each tier of the realm of souls unlocked a summon, starting with something lovely and progressing to ushtabi? Say some spearguys, warriors, tombguard, and then finally ushtabi? Idk if that's already been suggested or not.

While i dont hate this idea, it is rather more complicated than just making sure the Ushabti you get is more useful.

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jan 26, 2018

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gejnor posted:

And also

I'm curious, while you're looking at this stuff can you see if the Herald of Djaf's Deathblow also includes the ability for models to get an attack when killed? I feel like that would make the basic skeleton units a lot better against stuff like savage orcs, but I haven't been able to see if it works in my campaign so far.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Question about diplomacy in Settra campaign- Ive been doing alright and taking over a lot of the desert and have my Numas neighbors to the east completely surrounded. We have all possible treaties and ive bern gifting them every turn for a while now. We are “Trusted Friends” and I overpower them strength wise but its impossible to get them to submit. The bastards even started war with the TKs that are taking over the other half of the desert which really hosed me over. I even own the Springs of Eternal Life, one of their settlements, but even with our diplomacy rating over 200 and tons of succesful military ops with eachother they refuse to become a vassal.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

They keep a stack near my capitol strictly to defend it as well

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

HORMELCHILI posted:

Question about diplomacy in Settra campaign- Ive been doing alright and taking over a lot of the desert and have my Numas neighbors to the east completely surrounded. We have all possible treaties and ive bern gifting them every turn for a while now. We are “Trusted Friends” and I overpower them strength wise but its impossible to get them to submit. The bastards even started war with the TKs that are taking over the other half of the desert which really hosed me over. I even own the Springs of Eternal Life, one of their settlements, but even with our diplomacy rating over 200 and tons of succesful military ops with eachother they refuse to become a vassal.

Being an ally torpedoes chances of them submitting to vassalhood, as well as having actual armies on the field. Typically vassalage only happens through either force or sheer desperation by a faction that's on the verge of getting destroyed.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Gejnor posted:

[...]

Thanks for the reply :) I'll check the buff, I think that is actually a solid idea for TK

re: TK "sucking"

Aren't you guys way too touchy about taking casualties? I think that is the issue here. I am not giving a single gently caress about losing skeletal warriors in ridiculous moshpits while managing chariots/heroes/monsters into positions of maximum damage. Granted, red skills are IMHO absolutely essential for best effect, but the point is don't give a single gently caress about skelly casualties and perhaps it will be much more enjoyable

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Flakey posted:

I like to leave my first dynasty research on 1 turn remaining, then switch to a second one. Finishing them both back to back on turn 26 and 27 or so lets you have 3 stacks (of mostly chaff) a bit sooner that way.

e: Also Gejnor I love your mods and am trying out the Lore of Nehekara buff. Those screenshots look promising!

If you're willing to wait a very long time you could shave off a lot of time by doing this with all of the dynasties. I hope you like using canopic jars for extra armies, though.

Edit: ^^^ dead comedy forums is right. Treat skeletons as ammunition, not units.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

dead comedy forums posted:

Thanks for the reply :) I'll check the buff, I think that is actually a solid idea for TK

re: TK "sucking"

Aren't you guys way too touchy about taking casualties? I think that is the issue here. I am not giving a single gently caress about losing skeletal warriors in ridiculous moshpits while managing chariots/heroes/monsters into positions of maximum damage. Granted, red skills are IMHO absolutely essential for best effect, but the point is don't give a single gently caress about skelly casualties and perhaps it will be much more enjoyable

Well if you're pushing into an enemy territory, fighting an army and then trying to attack a city, quite often you'll have lost so much of your chaff fighting the army that you have to back into your own territory and refill back up but I agree, the skeletons being poo poo isn't too much of a problem, they do what they need to do and you can get them all back really quickly but I can see it being annoying in some situations, Lizardmen especially since against them I feel the skeletons wouldn't even be a minor speed bump against Saurus and your other units wouldn't be able to make the difference.

The very strict unit caps, expensive and late tier buildings are kind of what's making the TKs a bit underwhelming personally. I think the people suggesting the various lords and heros having individual unit cap bonuses would be a pretty good option. Or maybe just making it so the cap is per army? Like the Ushabti building would let you have an Ushabti per army rather than 1 total? For all the other factions, you build a building and then you can put as many of that unit into as many armies as you want forever, obviously costing gold. The TKs bonus is they don't cost gold at all but the limits are so incredibly small and the buildings so expensive that it doesn't feel like much of a bonus.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

turn off the TV posted:

I'm curious, while you're looking at this stuff can you see if the Herald of Djaf's Deathblow also includes the ability for models to get an attack when killed? I feel like that would make the basic skeleton units a lot better against stuff like savage orcs, but I haven't been able to see if it works in my campaign so far.

Im pretty sure its working, you dont need a specific animation to get some extra stat bonuses after all, its just that Slayers got some extra treatment from CA to make it look even cooler.

In other news i did this:

Values: Normal rally heals for 50% of what the upgraded rally does, the upgraded rally has the same healing values as vanilla, just that i can also resurrect units now. The names seemed to imply that this is what its supposed to do and i figured hey that sounds fun!

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

I get why tomb kings don't have confederation per se, but it does grind my gears that settra doesn't have a mechanic that works similarly. Isnt that kind of the the fluff for him? Beating the poo poo out of everyone until they kneel and join his forever empire?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

I just wanna confederate Khalida in ME.

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011
It took me an embarassing amount of time to notice that chariot archers have literally the same melee stats as the regular ones, so I just kept getting the first ones for far too long :cripes:

One thing I catch myself doing is forgetting to abuse the hell out of global recruitment due to the increased costs all other races suffer. poo poo, if you use both global and local recruitment its often worth merging your wrecked skellyman stacks and recruiting fresh ones instead.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

ZoninSilver posted:

One thing I catch myself doing is forgetting to abuse the hell out of global recruitment due to the increased costs all other races suffer. poo poo, if you use both global and local recruitment its often worth merging your wrecked skellyman stacks and recruiting fresh ones instead.

The Global Recruitment mod that makes global recruit time the same as local makes this particular TK feature even better. (And a bit broken)

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Does anyone know if there's a good way to tell whether your mods have updated/ are compatible with Tomb Kings?

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Electronico6 posted:

The Global Recruitment mod that makes global recruit time the same as local makes this particular TK feature even better. (And a bit broken)

Yes, the modder responsible for it should be ashamed!

*sweats profusely*

Gejnor fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Electronico6 posted:

I'm not convinced another 3 recruitment slots across your entire faction is that big of a deal. It is nice, sure, but broken is a bit of a stretch when you are talking about Tomb King units.

Compared to the T4 settlement mod it has hardly any impact on TK balance.