Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
The tyrannical rule the EU imposed on Britain made exile from my beloved land and Queen the only viable option for me. I find myself stranded in the closest oasis of freedom, Switzerland, where we get F1 on Austrian TV. I weep for hours every day out of homesickness, missing our food and culture. Thankfully our national nightmare will be over very soon, and I will be back high-fiving Lewis as he raises another Silverstone trophy!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Silverstone is one of the worst track of the year and after brexit i hope FIA takes all Lewis Hamilton titles and give them to Seb Vettel of Scuderia Ferrari.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Silverstone is one of the worst track of the year and after brexit i hope FIA takes all Lewis Hamilton titles and give them to Seb Vettel Lance Stroll of Scuderia Ferrari Claire Williams pay driver racing

Had to fix that up abit

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

poty posted:

The tyrannical rule the EU imposed on Britain made exile from my beloved land and Queen the only viable option for me. I find myself stranded in the closest oasis of freedom, Switzerland, where we get F1 on Austrian TV. I weep for hours every day out of homesickness, missing our food and culture. Thankfully our national nightmare will be over very soon, and I will be back high-fiving Lewis as he raises another Silverstone trophy!!!

Please go to Davos and throw snowballs at rich people tyia

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

poty posted:

I have been to both places (a lot more to Switzerland) for business, and to be honest, I understand that you long for the UK.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Thanks, although I am hoping to keep it just down to the 60 or so UK ones because... well....

Organized, even! Unreal.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

poty posted:

Are you the UKIP leader's wife?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

that's a drat nice collection

tuo fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 26, 2018

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Those are virtually all from https://www.f1carcollection.com/index.php

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

poty posted:

:confused:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I only collect stupid stuff that is now owned by VAG. Sad.
(but drat fun to build, if you have the patience)

Apart from the two i8, the one is basically a toy (but a cool one), the other you get from BMW for beeing a good dog.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

lol

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
whats going on?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

DoctorGonzo posted:

whats going on?

HELLO

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DoctorGonzo posted:

whats going on?

Hearing rumors from my sources that the new Ferrari is pure win.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hearing rumors from my sources that the new-Ferrari

weird title sponsor

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HI

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT

Dubs posted:

weird title sponsor
STOP TROLLING

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Feels Villeneuve posted:

huge if true op

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Bwhoa what a team

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

DoctorGonzo posted:

I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT

alt-right

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dubs posted:

alt-right

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Italian men age horribly

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Licking my lips with anticipation of the Scud's rise back to the top in 2018

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Licking my lips with anticipation of the Scud's rise back to the top in 2018

Same. Gonna eat a big bowl of pasta in celebration

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

tuo posted:

Looks like the beamwings will be back (kinda) in 2018, similar to what Williams already had in 2017

http://www.motorsport-total.com/formel-1/news/formel-1-technik-2018-so-kehren-die-t-fluegel-doch-zurueck-18012601

Please link in English, I have no time for gibberish

The Unfetered One
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax

tuo posted:

I only collect stupid stuff that is now owned by VAG. Sad.
(but drat fun to build, if you have the patience)

Apart from the two i8, the one is basically a toy (but a cool one), the other you get from BMW for beeing a good dog.

I want to see more VR headset wearing Gamorrean Guard

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
In how many hours daytona starts and where i can watch it?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

DoctorGonzo posted:

Isn’t it tomorrow?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Norns posted:

Italian men age horribly

held together with duct tape and dried poo poo

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

The Unfetered One posted:

Listen, it says here you’re a lil bitch

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

17-18 F1 Off-Season: Thread bad, so what?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

It starts at 2:40 PM EST, which is in...26.5 hours? The IMSA.tv stream is free outside of the US, and I think Americans might be able to pay to watch it as well (if not just by using a VPN). This would be the way to go because the commentary is great and there are no ads. It's airing on FOX, FS1, and FS2 in the US, but not the whole 24 hours. You'd have to stream it on Fox Sports Go to watch the whole race.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I want to see more VR headset wearing Gamorrean Guard

He likes it that way, I show him the last Ferrari WDC in a constant loop on it. He is very satisfied.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

wicka posted:

It starts at 2:40 PM EST, which is in...26.5 hours? The IMSA.tv stream is free outside of the US

Thanks for being nice, wicka. I'll probably check this out at some point. I'm sure I can cast it to the TV or something. Whatever the kids call it these days.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

tl;ng: FIA sucks at banning stuff. They banned the T-Wing by defining how the engine cover should slope downwards, without overruling another rule which allows aero poo poo up to 650mm above the reg plane and above or after the rear axle....thus basically allowing a new beamwing which offsets some of the downforce lost by the banned monkey seat and the banned T-Wing up there in the sky.

Similar to how they hosed up with the barge board area before because they never thought teams would increas wheelbase to get that 10cm of space to gently caress around with aero parts in front of the sidepods, which they removed the regulation last year. Thus we have all the poo poo going on between front axle and sidepods, and teams blowing their heads about going back to sane wheelbases to get temp back into tires/make cares more drivable/decrease tire wear.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

I just watched through about half of qualifying, pretty tight last lap on the LMP run. I really do love how those cars look, I'd like to get more into these races.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

CratSock posted:

Thanks for being nice, wicka. I'll probably check this out at some point. I'm sure I can cast it to the TV or something. Whatever the kids call it these days.

It is a very good race and everyone should watch it. There are a lot more full course cautions than Le Mans, as the track is relatively short and there's not a lot of run off, but the battles are typically pretty close at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Norns posted:

Italian men age horribly

• Locked thread