Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Azubah posted:

What if I use magic to throw a rock?

Maybe those are actually nonexclusive keywords such that you deal physical, magic, earth damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Does a physical rock touched my magic become magic?

That depends. If the magic is being used to propel the rock, as in the previous example of using magic to throw a rock, then no.

However, if the magic alters the rock in some way, like making it bigger than it was before the magic touched it, then yes.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is there a handy guide for profession grinding? I'd like to work on some but I don't find them too intuitive (especially Botanist)...

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Preliminary 4.2 patch notes up.

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/395a3d52c59ee53d3d4fe020136317096716e83e

I don't feel good about these WAR changes as a whole.

edit: Not done yet, this was below everything else:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jan 26, 2018

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
They decoupled Inner Release from Unchained because now it's an upgrade from the downgraded Berserk.

The monkey's paw hath curled.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ah, hello PvP Protect

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

what was going on here

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

homeless snail posted:

Ah, hello PvP Protect

I was just going to post that. That buff is going to be strong.

homeless snail posted:

what was going on here

Nerfing varnish and wax farming maybe?

Samael
Oct 16, 2012

WAR Chat: Lots of idiots saying WAR got buffed, but in essence it got nerfed, or at least dumbed down and it's damage spikes neutered. No buffs to upheaval/onslaught potency combined with no berserk now means there is barely any gauge management anymore and only OGCD to actually worry about, rather than 4.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
So shift shift wind wind couerl?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

:lol: Square has no idea that this will just make western players stop queuing entirely.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Asimo posted:

:lol: Square has no idea that this will just make western players stop queuing entirely.
Depends on the rewards. They don't seem to be above bribery.

I mean if it's good tomestones or a pretty-much-guaranteed Wondrous Tails slot, hell yeah I will do it once a week

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Nessus posted:

I mean if it's good tomestones or a pretty-much-guaranteed Wondrous Tails slot, hell yeah I will do it once a week

200 poemstones.

I'm done with it

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Probably similarly boosted XP too, but... :effort:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
we were running alexander prime last night and i got a massive lag spike during the transition change which made everything go a bit weird

this catgirls's gone to heaven

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Oh those blm changes are....unimpressive :smith:

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Asimo posted:

Sure let me sign up for runs that take an hour and are 80% verbose cutscenes. It would take excessive bribery for this to make sense. Is there a bigger version of :laffo:?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

we were running alexander prime last night and i got a massive lag spike during the transition change which made everything go a bit weird

this catgirls's gone to heaven

Yeah, I had that happen once! It's hilarious watching like 20 seconds of combat happen in 2 seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhvqqxgTVtE

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Xun posted:

They're not a game changer and aren't going to fix the job's problems, but you'd have to basically redo the whole job, and I don't think that's happening... ever. All I wanted was 15 second AF/UI timers. That would at least make me cry less when I get sync'd down to 310. Maybe the increased spellspeed from better gear makes that matter less in current content.

18 second Thundercloud procs are secretly pretty nice. You can basically always push them to Umbral, which means less F1s if you dont have ley/triple/swift up. Firestarter is nice for switching between fights I guess? Not really sure on that one, its affected by Astral Fire right? I'm not a math nerd, but it can't really be more DPS to save that to Umbral to transition back to Fire right? F4 has now returned to the same potency as it was during the launch of SB, but hey I'll take whatever damage I can get. 10 Second teleports means we're the best job that can now practice Zwee Fighting.

Edit: checked people who are smarter than me, my reasons and poo poo about the procs are wrong, but hey, that's why I don't theorycraft this poo poo.

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jan 26, 2018

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The inability to remove things from the Glamour Dresser does suck a little bit. Also have to wonder how it interacts with regular glamours, since those aren't going away. Which one takes priority? I'd assume the glamour plate would, but if you leave part of the plate blank would it overwrite the glamour you have in place as well?

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Hate to be all gently caress you got mine, but Perfect Balance being put on a 60 second cooldown is some rad poo poo and it's been a long time coming. Not sure how RoW changes will shake out with openers or whatever but goddamn, PB on a reasonable cooldown, yes goddamn yes, thank you.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
why did they remove skalla from exdr lmfao

wasn't the tradeoff for getting 1 dungeon every other patch supposed to be keeping exdr with 3 dungeons at all times?

guess I'll just subject myself to hour long queues to try and finish the skallic caster set, thanks yoshi

Oni Elem
Jun 1, 2008

Minrad posted:

wasn't the tradeoff for getting 1 dungeon every other patch supposed to be keeping exdr with 3 dungeons at all times?

guess I'll just subject myself to hour long queues to try and finish the skallic caster set, thanks yoshi

Nah, he tradeoff for 1 dungeon on odd numbered patches was always just more dev time for other unspecified things, anything beyond that was just speculation.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
drat, Monk got some love in this patch.

Am I reading this right -- Wind Tackle use is just a straight up GL stack? At first I thought it meant it would be a form shift but if it's a GL stack, then drat. That poo poo's hot.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Minrad posted:

They are adding lvl 70 dungeons roulette though

I never saw some piece of skallic caster set to drop :(

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Xun posted:

Yeah they needed to go up to at least 300 to be good.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Nessus posted:

except they're pretty bad about bribes. free t6 materia doesn't make me want to q up as a tank for ldr

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

RIP MSDR

Rest in piss

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
WAR feels like it was neither buffed nor nerfed, just decomplicated. Which I really don't agree with, because... well, was it really necessary? Inner Release was basically turned into MNK's Perfect Balance in that we can now ignore our class restrictions for 10s. I actually liked figuring out how to optimize my Beast Gauge, while now it's just, "hit Fell Cleave every 100 gauge, hit Inner Release every 90s". Inner Release being usable in Defiance is also a bit weird, but seeing as it's now being treated as Berserk+, this can be excused.

On a less glum note, I am VERY happy they finally disconnected Inner Release and Unchained, so the latter is actually usable now (though it makes opening pulls more mindless). The Berserk/Inner Release changes also make it really easy to decide what stats to meld. If your immediate thought isn't "Crit and Det everywhere", you haven't had enough sleep.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Jan 26, 2018

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Oh no smn was Nerfed. My tri bind spam in dwt was so fun. Only level 62 but man it's good

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

quote:

The following GATEs will now reward MGP even in the event players fail to complete them:
Any Way the Wind Blows
* Players will not receive MGP if they fall off the stage.
lol

I mean, I know it's possible, but....

EDIT: Also wow

quote:

NPCs will no longer have restrictions on when they can be challenged to Triple Triad.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Martman posted:

lol

I mean, I know it's possible, but....

I'm pretty sure this is to prevent people from starting the GATE and then just leaving as soon as it starts.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

I'm pretty sure this is to prevent people from starting the GATE and then just leaving as soon as it starts.
What kind of degenerate doesn't want to be the fungah!!

EDIT: Also holy crap, removing elemental materia might make materia transmutation pretty drat profitable, assuming everything else works the same way (and other materia prices don't go bonkers). Before there were 24 materia types; you wouldn't get back any of the 5 types you put in, so you had a pool of 19 to select from. Let's say you only counted crafting/gathering materia as the useful outcomes, this means you had a 6/19 shot at getting something good basically. Now, instead there are only 18 types so you have a 6/13 chance.

Martman fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 26, 2018

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I'm trying to find a reason to rage about the questionable MSDR change but I never queued for it anyway. Basically the only time I ran Castrum or Prae was with the FC to ensure sprouts got to watch cutscenes without being hassled. Or doing min ilvl Prae runs since those are really fun.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
I'm all for making the Castrum/Praetorium cutscenes unskippable and offering a bigger bribe for people to run them.

80 more tomestones of Poetics is not a bigger bribe.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
If it gives like 50% of a level that'd be pretty good, but yeah gonna need something with a bit more umph if they want 70s running MSQ roulette at all.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

DRK Changes posted:

Delirium Recast time has been reduced from 120 to 80.
The Blackest Night Effect duration has been increased from 5 to 7 seconds.

:flaccid:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

quote:

An option has been added to toggle the playing of battle music when targeted by an enemy in the field.

The Enable normal battle music option is available in the Sound Settings tab of the System Configuration interface.
* This does not affect FATEs, Hunts, or duties

Rad. Think the suggestion was made during early HW, YoshiP said they'd look into it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

If it was between this and "loving nothing" for DRK buffs, i'll happily take these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Delirium at 80 seconds and more time for my shields to pop is good, I'll accept that