Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Got nothing but junk on healer banner. Kinda hitting a low point with this game, the trials were nice but this game requires way too loving much babysitting with raid and arena orbs , and the story surpassed my expectations and got even dumber to the point where even I'm skipping it now. The combination of the constant glitches, endless grinding , and the incredibly lovely and greedy cash bundles is really getting unbearable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
^^ Grats on your Olan

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I got a Crowe. I liked Crowe, too bad she has like thirty seconds of screen time. She's got damage reduction skills, so she's not useless.

Her TM is top tier though! So that's good.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Did a 11x pull on the healer banner. All lovely. Threw a ticket at it out of frustration, Gilgamesh. I...guess I'm ok with that? 2nd genji glove once I tm grind him at least.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

:eyepop:

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Realm of the dragon kings is busting my ball. I spend 30 min strugling to get to the end then i get some sneak attack that stones everyone except Ayaka who is immediately killed. Gonna bring a friend Ayaka and hope they dont both die.

Garth_Marenghi fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jan 26, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Realm of the dragon kings is busting my ball. I spend 30 min strugling to get to the end then i get some sneak attack that stones everyone except Ayaka who is immediately killed. Gonna bring a friend Ayaka and hope they dont both die.

Would a 100% Evade unit help? I can put up my Fohlen...

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Threw one 4+ Ticket at the Healer banner. :toot:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Running double charm bangles? That helps a lot.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Are we friends? I have a Fohlen up right now that has innate reduced encounters and is immune to everything important with 100% dragon killer equipped.

hamsystem posted:

I put up a pretty strong Fohlen (also has aquan killer) for the new exploration if anyone needs:

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Scrublord Prime posted:

I was curious about Ice Bird so I tried making somebody who could tank the opener with the goal of surviving and using the reset bug to revive the party. I figured I'd try Barusa: He has innate paralysis immunity and good equips for ice resistance. Big Ice Bird doesn't use his ice imperil attack until after his actual ice&wind attack so I just needed to hit 100% ice & wind resistance (average) and as much tankiness as possible. Here's what I tried:

Ulric's Kukri: +10% all resistance and +20 SPR is nice.
Snowstorm Shield: +30% Ice&Wind resistance
Frozen Crown: +30% ice resistance, +500 HP, +50 SPR makes this a great slot
Ice Amor: +50% ice resistance, easy to build up high ice resistance
Arsha's Talisman & Jake's Pirate Ring: Huge HP, DEF, and SPR buffing gear
Mechanical Heart, Full Moon, Resentment, and Patriotic Recall for +HP, +DEF, and +SPR. Crowe is only 80% done so no Thirst for Survival.
Esper: Shiva

HP: 10794
DEF: 412
SPR: 326
170% ice resist, 40% wind resist, 105% average

I gave it a test run with a different build (Galkan Dagger, Great Raven Cape, Elven Gloves, Tetra Sylpheed. I still had 100% average resistance but less HP&DEF&SPR. I hoped the Great Raven Cape would offset Draw Attack and mean less lasers). Barusa survived but it was RNG dependent: He got one laser, resisted the big ice&wind attack, and took four hits on the jaw. He survived but only with ~500 HP and two of those hits were pretty low rolls. The revised build should have better odds of surviving unless he eats both lasers.

I haven't tried a second test run with the above build yet but I'm sharing him if it'll help anybody. IGN Buttz. I'd imagine somebody with actual 5* tanks like WKN could make somebody more likely to survive that initial attack and then reset glitch to one shot the ice bird.

Had a similar Barusa, along with a Mystea with Paralysis Immunity and whatever HP/SPR I could slap on her for insurance, and then two fire chainers and my TDH FD OK. Despite my loving awful defense poo poo, I only had to do 2 tries to get 3 units to survive (and not be paralyzed).

Resetted app, went back into the quest, still in a bad state. So I reset again and went back in again and everyone was full health and the esper gauge was full :woop:

Summoning Ifrit insta-killed the small birds so I didn't have to worry about that. Then I just chained my two Flame Lance + whatever enhanced Aileens (could be anyone really) along with TDH FD onion bro who used Splendor of Fire. Bird died like 1/3rd of the chain through. Pretty loving stoked this only cost me 100 NRG!!

I'll keep my TDH FD onion bro with Bird Killer up in case anyone needs him! In case you don't have me "Muffinmx", my code is 209 464 963

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Mystea and Wilhelm are the only 2 units I want right now, but I can;t get over my distaste for using lapis/tickets right now for the poo poo pulls I have been getting.

PDQ Law
Aug 4, 2011
If anyone has trouble with the Yensa Sandsea Exploration or is still farming Yensa LGD, I've put up this T.Terra who can solo Urutan Eater and the Salamand Entite. If there are no chocobos in the Exploration she can probably handle all the battles there too, although you may have to heal after fighting wyverns.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Garth_Marenghi posted:

you want me to put up fully enhanced WK Noel? he's immune to petrify and, well i think everything actually, and they fixed the bug with him. he might actually not be immune to paralyze but Ayaka can fix that.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
So I pulled PG Lasswell a couple days ago making him the umpteenth finisher I've pulled so I wasn't super stoked on him. I didn't realize he got the bonuses from the training the soul gear which made me curious if it was any good for him. Turns out it's pretty drat solid:

The crazy thing is he only has 4 TMs, everything else is trial and event gear. He can imperil fire and ice which is going to make him awesome for capping Christine+T.Terra chains.

werdnam
Feb 16, 2011
The scientist does not study nature because it is useful to do so. He studies it because he takes pleasure in it, and he takes pleasure in it because it is beautiful. If nature were not beautiful it would not be worth knowing, and life would not be worth living. -- Henri Poincare
Got Fryevia on my daily today! She's still cool and good, right?

Can't get her Needle yet, though, until they fix the moogle bug. Gumi!

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Gave in and threw some stuff at the banner. 10 tickets didn’t really get me anywhere - a Crowe and a Desch. Hail Mary 11 pull paid off though.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

werdnam posted:

Got Fryevia on my daily today! She's still cool and good, right?

Can't get her Needle yet, though, until they fix the moogle bug. Gumi!

Moogle bug?

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Is it just me, or is this new version considerably more stable in terms of random disconnects/crashes? I've been running my TMR macro for about 24 hours straight now and haven't seen a single crash

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

BDawg posted:

Moogle bug?

trust moogles combined all the way up to 100% cant be used. so if you collected raid moogles , fused them all together to put on a unit, youre stuck waiting until gumi fixes it to actually get thier trust mastery .

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tengames posted:

trust moogles combined all the way up to 100% cant be used. so if you collected raid moogles , fused them all together to put on a unit, youre stuck waiting until gumi fixes it to actually get thier trust mastery .

lmao

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Tengames posted:

Oh nice. Guess who has 2 100% and one 80% moogles?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

Guess who's still clinging to his 95% Fryevia's Needle moogle? Hey, I finally got to use my Reberta one.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Skyridge posted:

Guess who's still clinging to his 95% Fryevia's Needle moogle? Hey, I finally got to use my Reberta one.

i assumed i would draw neither unit and didnt want to spend the lapis on the roster space, but realistically 400 lapis is a lot loving cheaper than it would cost to macro my way to them. i have two reberta now, still havent hosed up by selling my freyvia tms though

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Skyridge posted:

Yeah, I’ve been holding on to a 100 for her too.

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Office Thug posted:

Is it just me, or is this new version considerably more stable in terms of random disconnects/crashes? I've been running my TMR macro for about 24 hours straight now and haven't seen a single crash

Same for me

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Office Thug posted:

Wait, seriously? I did not know they only dropped 1 flower! JFC

Edit: welp! That's really silly and great! Here's my revised Noctis strat then,

Encounters 1-4 (non-bonus) --- All units except your Escape unit attack something to generate LB, then use Escape (materia or those escape shoes you get in the story).

Boss --- Larsa(s) use Entrust on Noctis, then Noctis does Warp Strike --> Point-Blank Warp Strike --> Use LB --> Point-Blank Warp Strike --> boss dead.

Should be a pretty consistent 4th turn Clear on the boss!

Edit 2: Do not help Noctis with the boss in any way, otherwise the boss will use its Dispelga turn much earlier and start up the whole MP drain bullshit. He only starts doing the Silencega/Sleepga/Fear rotation once he hits <50%. Just give him LB and try to stay out of his way, don't accidentally chain with him.

The boss is weak to water, so I replaced Noctis' Onion Sword with Brotherhood. The rotation is now:

Warp Strike -> LB -> Point-Blank Warp Strike

It's more than enough to kill the boss and there isn't much it can do about it.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Are there any Goons named "Figgis" or "Ah!"? Because those spaces are reserved for Goons, fellas.

634,188,308 to be GoonPals. As soon as this King Mog event is over I need my friends list full for TMR grinding.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I'm not Ah or Figgis, but I send a request.

I already had a Rainbow on my friend list but it apparently wasn't you.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

I have like 5 slots open for goons. Send me a request because I'm too lazy to figure out if people are already on my list.

502 835 577

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i pulled a rainbow today :unsmigghh:

it was jiraiya :smith:

edit: i have spots for goons and i have a fully enhanced basically BIS Aileen so should i post my code

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
Been lazy and finally made a pass at enhancing both my Aileens...

I need 5 Power Giantcrysts and 12 Heavi. Does that just mean "forget it don't even bother?"

I generally prefer to have control over my DPS, rather than rely on a perfect friend unit, but maybe it's not worth it and I'll just stick with Orland/DV combo that's already equipped...

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I decided to toss a random 4* at the generic banner just because.

Rainbow

Aileen #2

Uh...I can't even get #1 enhanced fully...sure why not get a 2nd!

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Cobalt60 posted:

I need 5 Power Giantcrysts and 12 Heavi. Does that just mean "forget it don't even bother?"

I generally prefer to have control over my DPS, rather than rely on a perfect friend unit, but maybe it's not worth it and I'll just stick with Orland/DV combo that's already equipped...

If you don't have the gear for the Aileens, don't bother. You can get specific Giantcrysts at a rate of about 1 every 400 NRG spent in the chamber of gems with a Raven Cape + Locke/Pod, which isn't TOO bad, but the Purecrysts you'd be spending are very limited.

Honestly, one enhanced Aileen should be all you need for trial stuff anyways, since you can only really gear one with BiS stuff (since you only get one Aigion's Fist). Your go-to farmers can be Orlandeau+DV for a long time.

Keep in mind that we're also going to be getting Tidus, DV, and Onion Knight enhancements at some point. And probably A2 as well. And you can bet they will each need a bunch of Purecrysts, especially Onion bro.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 29, 2018

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Cobalt60 posted:

That's pretty doable next time there's a story event if you have a Xon with a Raven cape. You'll get a giancryst 99.9% of the time doing the 90 NRG missions. It can take awhile if the drops get uncooperative with the color you want but 5 really isn't too bad.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Cobalt60 posted:

I just enhanced Aileen in a similar situation, and I already regret the crysts I spent 💸

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cobalt60 posted:

You can buy three Giantcrysts from King Mog, if you haven't already. I'm not telling you to do this, I'm saying you can do this.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

enhanced aileen is an absurd dps unit because of that imperil, i wouldnt regret enhancing one at all.

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

I enhanced both of my aileens and I have gear for them. They are really good, yes, but with only 4 power purecrysts left and like a billion upcoming unit enhancements I'd really like to get I'm kind of feeling it was a poor decision already.

Onion Knight needs like 16 purecrysts by himself if you want all his splendors.

Office Thug fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 30, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
This Ah! person tried to friend me again, and their message is all about Reddit and handjobs. Whatever, I still have room after accepting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Okay, I can't believe that I've gotten three rainbow dailies in a row and none of them were Basch or Balthier.

...Is 7* Knight Delita any good at least?

• Locked thread