Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Berke Negri posted:

holy poo poo

what

I hope that this is laying the groundwork for new enemies that could use a wider variety of weapons and abilities. Ghouls are probably my favorite things to fight in the game and I'd love to see more dudes with gimmicks on their level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Do specters get the mods from your guns/frames, or just base level?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

welp. time to make an ember spectre

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

hup posted:

IIRC they don't get mods and can't regenerate energy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just wanted to say that all-goon PvP is good and I can't wait to spend my rep on the shiny Opticor skin tomorrow.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

turn off the TV posted:

I hope that this is laying the groundwork for new enemies that could use a wider variety of weapons and abilities. Ghouls are probably my favorite things to fight in the game and I'd love to see more dudes with gimmicks on their level.

I want that one guy's big loving buzz saw that shoots sparks as a Primary.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

hup posted:

They don't get any mods, but their base level is determined by the starting level of enemies in the mission. Rarer / more expensive specters get a bonus on top of that, so a cheap specter is just enemy level, while a cosmic specter is enemy level + 10. Higher level scales up their stats, including the strength of their guns. I saw someone say that higher specters get a damage bonus as well as a level bonus, but I have not tested that myself.

They also have infinite ammo, so they can do some decent crowd control with an Amprex, for example. I never see them use secondaries unless in bleedout, but who knows what the ai is like with this update.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I wonder if the specter AI bump will make Equinox's Duality augment any better. I remember the clone produced from that being utterly incapable of using most guns effectively.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
How to Be a Pro Warframe Gamer

- Build Jat Kittag
- Spec it for blast damage
- Whack idiots into the stratosphere all day, who cares if they don't die, they're three area codes over now and good the gently caress luck catching a bus in this day and age

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Rainuwastaken posted:

I wonder if the specter AI bump will make Equinox's Duality augment any better. I remember the clone produced from that being utterly incapable of using most guns effectively.

That's a very good point, I saw 'summons copy of you with 300% damage bonus' and thought it might be cute, but they spent a lot of time staring down enemies without firing. I'm hoping I can give them an amprex or arca plasmor or somesuch and clear some hallways.

Denture Warrior
Apr 28, 2003

Let's get dangerous!
Finally got my hands on a decent Karak riven yesterday so I could fit it into my favorite assault rifle, the Karak Wraith, and try to make it sortie-capable.

So how should I dress myself up to fit it? Advice wanted for color scheming a frame to fit the Wraith stylings, which palettes should I use?

Thinking the Kuva armor and syandana for accessories to fit the Nightwatch motif. Will probably match it with a Nightwatch Marelok secondary, and possibly the queen's spear for melee?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
You can recolor the Karak Wraith now. So you can put on whatever color sheme you want. The best results are with some of the Graxx skins, as many of those have similar patterns.

But if you want to go classic, just replace the orange with red and the purple with black. I'd go with a dark orange energy color, because I think that works best with the red-black look. But that's just personal preference, you could also go with classic dark red.

For weapons I'd go with a Stubba and a Sheev for melee, you could also go with a Wraith Machete, but than you'd be stuck with a Machete.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

If you wanted to go full Wraith everything, you potentially have the Machete and Furax Wraith for melee and the (Twin) Viper Wraith on secondary. I don't know that I'd really want to bring those to sorties, though.

Aside from that, Brakk would probably also be a fun secondary choice if you have it, but a Vaykor Marelok is probably the more practical option. For melee I might go with a Krohkur just because I kinda like it, but Jat Kittag and Ack & Brunt do have Nightwatch skins if you'd prefer those.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Aw yeah, right as I was thinking of taking a nap I get pinged by the alert bot in discord for Vauban Chassis Blueprint, the last one I was missing. Tomorrow I'll get to put him in the oven. :toot:

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

New placeholder mods in the transmute pool for anyone who wants to play their luck
might be worth plat or legendary cores if they are removed

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

Terbulus posted:

New placeholder mods in the transmute pool for anyone who wants to play their luck

They were already removed according to patch notes, unless you're talking about ones other than those explosive weapon ones.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Terbulus posted:

Already hotfixed afaik

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I found some Very Important Information for Nidus players: which colours from which palettes trigger the bloom effect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5uu7re/energy_colour_comparison_for_nidus_ravenous/

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Game seems to be way more detailed after that hotfix goddamn.

some lucky ducks got their paws on this:

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 26, 2018

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

turn off the TV posted:

IIRC they don't get mods and can't regenerate energy.

I think they regenerate energy, or don't even have an energy pool, because some specters like my volt one will spam speed for a full hydron run

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

baro have anything good today

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

When should I Forma? I really enjoy my skana mk1 (which is level 30 now), and I just built a catalyst - should I drop the catalyst and Forma on it so I can (presumably) add more mods to it and wreck higher-level faces?

EDIT: Or should I drop an orokin on my sword and Forma my excal? So many choices!

I’m getting into a rut right now where my frame (Excal), sentinel and almost all the weapons I can build are level 30, so I need some way to make things blow up more.

Also, Fragor is super annoying to use. I need to for mastery points, but I can’t wait to be done and sell it.

I’m at Mastery rank 4 and at Ceres, if it helps

Stalkerr fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jan 26, 2018

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Stalkerr posted:

When should I Forma? I really enjoy my skana mk1 (which is level 30 now), and I just built a catalyst - should I drop the catalyst and Forma on it so I can (presumably) add more mods to it and wreck higher-level faces?

I’m getting into a rut right now where my frame (Excal), sentinel and almost all the weapons I can build are level 30, so I need some way to make things blow up more.

Also, Fragor is super annoying to use. I need to for mastery points, but I can’t wait to be done and sell it.

Don't forma or catalyst the MK-1 Skana. MK-1 weapons are lower-stat versions of weapons whose normal versions are also easy to get. If you're really wed to the skana, look for the regular version's blueprint on the market and level that one up, it's a straight upgrade.

I also personally think there are a lot of attainable melee weapons that are better than the skana, but the game is really about making whatever weapons you like work for you.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Edmond Dantes posted:

I found some Very Important Information for Nidus players: which colours from which palettes trigger the bloom effect.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/5uu7re/energy_colour_comparison_for_nidus_ravenous/

This makes me want to play Nidus more

wonder if these same colours affect Oberon's ugly plants similarly

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Invisible Ted posted:

Don't forma or catalyst the MK-1 Skana. MK-1 weapons are lower-stat versions of weapons whose normal versions are also easy to get. If you're really wed to the skana, look for the regular version's blueprint on the market and level that one up, it's a straight upgrade.

I also personally think there are a lot of attainable melee weapons that are better than the skana, but the game is really about making whatever weapons you like work for you.

Where/How should I farm for those? So far I’ve got the fragor, mk-1 bo, and I have blueprints for the heat sword and dual ether knives

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Johnny Joestar posted:

He has a prisma grak.

Baro Prisma Twin Grak when man

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I wouldn't put a catalyst or forma in any sword early on. There's a plot quest you walk away from with an extremely good sword, it completely outclasses anything else you might get by then.

Johnny Joestar posted:

Nice to get Fanged Fusillade, I somehow didn't have that.

The Kiteer Atmos diadem looks good, but clashes with almost every hairstyle.

Prisma Grakata, king of guns, is the real prize. If you want to do the viral damage + hunter munitions meta it can wreck a lot of high level faces (until the ammo runs out).

Maxwell Adams fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 26, 2018

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Stalkerr posted:

EDIT: Or should I drop an orokin on my sword and Forma my excal? So many choices!

It's not necessary to forma anything until you reach the end game, and I wouldn't do it until you've been through a wide variety of weapons. Fraggor bothered me as well but there are plenty of other types.

Catalyst is kinda necessary in that it allows you to make complete builds, but I would not put one in a Mk1 anything. My personal strategy right now is to pick out one or two primary/melee/secondary weapons that I really like, then stick a catalyst in them and use them to wreck dudes while I level weapons in the other slots.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Stalkerr posted:

You forma when you have a weapon you love and will use a lot that needs more than 60 mod capacity. Skana is probably not that weapon.

Potato any weapon you intend to use seriously for any length of time. Again, I probably wouldn't potato a Skana unless I was swimming in them.

Are you in the clan? There are a TON of easily obtainable blueprints in the Clan Dojo that will really expand your building horizons. Also many of them use Forma as an ingredient.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Maxwell Adams posted:

I wouldn't put a catalyst or forma in any sword early on. There's a plot quest you walk away from with an extremely good sword, it completely outclasses anything else you might get by then.

Nice to get Fanged Fusillade, I somehow didn't have that.

The Kiteer Atmos diadem looks good, but clashes with almost every hairstyle.

Prisma Grakata, king of guns, it the real prize. If you want to do the viral damage + hunter munitions meta it can wreck a lot of high level enemies (until the ammo runs out).

that is a grim haul

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Stalkerr posted:

Where/How should I farm for those? So far I’ve got the fragor, mk-1 bo, and I have blueprints for the heat sword and dual ether knives

Buy blueprints from the market, buy blueprints from the clan, acquire blueprints as random drops, acquire blueprints from alerts, acquire blueprints from beating planetary junctions. There's an embarrassment of ways to get stuff in this game, just by playing you will eventually rack up a big pool of crap in your foundry. At the start, go to the market and filter for blueprint only/mastery, then buy a couple that look neat. If you need money, Seimeni on Ceres will give you ~25k for a 5 wave defense mission and is more or less the go-to grind spot until you hit end game.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Wheres the second grakata Baro? You only brought one.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Soothing Vapors posted:

that is a grim haul

kinda been wanting the prisma grakata just because, so it's nice enough for me

i don't think there's really much demand for the prisma archwing melee, though

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Night10194 posted:

He has a prisma grak.

Baro Prisma Twin Grak when man
Prisma Grak any good other than the MR?

oof, the new skin for Mesa is really swish.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Jan 26, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Johnny Joestar posted:

kinda been wanting the prisma grakata just because, so it's nice enough for me

i don't think there's really much demand for the prisma archwing melee, though

after watching some vids, yeah I think I'm sold. looks like a fun weapon

Flipswitch posted:

yea, with or without munitions it appears to be roughly Baza-tier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXriCleTyWI (2017, but pre-Munitions)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ownma6yqajI (Munitions)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Flipswitch posted:

It's a contender for 'best assault rifle'. I'm pretty sure Soma Prime still beats it out some, but not in my heart.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Christ, I need 1510 ducks to get everything I want. :negative:

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

I have more than I can reasonably crack just from doing hydron and ODD so much. Yet no Neo B2s that I need so I can get the Banshee Prime Chassis I need to rank up with Red Veil :smithicide:

I'll probably be on a while after 7pm CST and have a spare if you still need it.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Okay somebody please explain Zenurik school to me. Someone in chat mentioned it was the way to go for good energy regen, and that's been my major issue with half the frames lately so I ran with it. I'm looking at this tree though, and it looks like the energy regen is triggered by a void dash- every 30 seconds. Do I really have to 5/ctrl-space/5 every 30 seconds to keep my energy regen up? Seems like that would get old.

Sarsapariller fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Night10194 posted:

It's a contender for 'best assault rifle'. I'm pretty sure Soma Prime still beats it out some, but not in my heart.

after a point you're just picking the gun you like the best out of a category anyways