Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
So "Completionist" is gone now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Lol, F8s are coming with LTI, which the Sabre Raven didn't get because gently caress you you only bought a hard drive.

Poors don't deserve LTI...

Codezombie
Sep 2, 2016

thatguy posted:

You of course refer to the increasingly mistitled "Completionist" rank. :p

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

They should redude Star Citizen to an actual spreadsheet or better said database. People buy ships, bitch an moan about not having the same stats others have, and buy some more.

They should completely remove the game. Just the hangar module, ship stats (in Germany, there is this card game like "Auto quartett", I don't know what the english term is...where you basically play individual stats against each other, and whoever has the higher stat, gets the card from the other....that should be PvP) and EVE style walking around (thus, simply for fidelities sake, no game mechanics involved).

To be honest, most of the playerbase imo is ready to play this game for years. Buy new ships which you can look at in the hangar and "play" in the quartett/ship stats game, and walk around a "social hub" to sell/buy ships.

BDSSE

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Probably read the same reddit thread that I did where someone brought up the Idris? I like how something else was missing and it was waved off as "eh, Turbulent probably forgot to add it."

You know a game has problems when the female character is a year away but was shown as being modeled six months ago.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Enchanted Hat posted:

I never even thought of that, that's loving great. And it's not even something they can easily fix, because there's no way Chris would accept a story where the ace pilot is a woman who is treated the same as a male ace pilot. He'd have to write a whole new storyline where she gets saved from the vanduul at the last minute by the handsome wing commander Cross Ribberts.

Carrying on from this, I'm pretty sure the only voice actor they have listed for the player is a man.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

his nibs posted:

ahh yeeeah :five:

"Just keep stretching, baby"

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

This is the saddest saddest saddest poo poo i've ever loving seen,and i once saw my next door neighbour throw her christmas tree out of the window and set it on fire in front of her screaming children on christmas day.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

This is the saddest saddest saddest poo poo i've ever loving seen,and i once saw my next door neighbour throw her christmas tree out of the window and set it on fire in front of her screaming children on christmas day.

It gets worse dude. Check out the comments from all the idiots congratulating him and saying what a good job he's doing.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

The rest of that thread is extremely :psyduck:

Does he not understand the idea of discrete systems?
Does he think a loving space sim is 'skill based' in the same way, say, Tekken is?
...Has samfreez ever played a game?

That argument of 'driving car = video game' is literally unbelievable.

I think the Viper would still win since it is twice as fast than the civic with twice the handling capability?
Hell. All you got to do is follow the civic till the home stretch then goose it.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Isn't... wasn't a huge part of Top Gear basically a segment where a fat old man would race against an actual racing driver to prove that the car was better?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Isn't... wasn't a huge part of Top Gear basically a segment where a fat old man would race against an actual racing driver to prove that the car was better?

Yes and no. While it was some part of the programm (and the people weren't fat old man mostly), it proved that no one outside of another professional racing driver can contest a professional racing driver.

They did let people race against each other with a pro racing driver instructing them how to drive the lap. They also did the same with actual pro drivers, but they were in their own league, of course. Mostly driving like they are out for groceries (see Mark Webber at Top Gear) beating any non-pro who drive like his life depended on it.

e: unless you mean Clarkson, yes, he is a slightly overweight old man, but everyone who takes Clarkson too serious should take a step back and listen to everything he says again...slowly. The three also never face off against the pro drivers or the Stig, because they know that would be stupid. They just sometimes shove the Stig into their cockpit for LoLs.

tuo fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 26, 2018

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Latest update for my WIP:

https://clyp.it/wlkp30vj

I'm going for a Soviet-style anthem, after a Disney style intro to lull people into a false sense of security. Yes, it will include parphorns, and I hope it will include at least Derek shouting "Let Me loving Finish" at the end.

The Chorus is:

Derek Smart was right!
Yes, Derek Smart was right!
He told you so!
Two years ago!
Derek Smart was right!

(Verses are yet to do, but will be mostly sung by a boys choir)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

"Why do you care what I spend my money on"

*Tweets about how much money he's spent on a failed dead videogame*

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Beet Wagon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7CnMQ4L9Pc

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

fuctifino posted:

I'm going for a Soviet-style anthem, after a Disney style intro to lull people into a false sense of security. Yes, it will include parphorns, and I hope it will include at least Derek shouting "Let Me loving Finish" at the end.

The Chorus is:

Derek Smart was right!
He told you so!
Two years ago!
Derek Smart was right!

It's uncanny how people with actual talent are able to tell that Star Citizen is a scam and that Derek Smart was right, I wonder if there is a connection

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Virtual Captain posted:

No wonder:

Prepare for denied refunds.

Of all the things CIG has done, this is the most significant. It indicates that what you are getting now is what you are paying for. No grand vision, no MMO, no amazing immersion into a massive open space opera. Just a lovely, barely functional arena shooter and an opportunity to buy more ships. 3.0 is the MVP.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

tuo posted:

Yes and no. While it was some part of the programm (and the people weren't fat old man mostly), it proved that no one outside of another professional racing driver can contest a professional racing driver.

They did let people race against each other with a pro racing driver instructing them how to drive the lap. They also did the same with actual pro drivers, but they were in their own league, of course. Mostly driving like they are out for groceries (see Mark Webber at Top Gear) beating any non-pro who drive like his life depended on it.

e: unless you mean Clarkson, yes, he is a slightly overweight old man, but everyone who takes Clarkson too serious should take a step back and listen to everything he says again...slowly. The three also never face off against the pro drivers or the Stig, because they know that would be stupid. They just sometimes shove the Stig into their cockpit for LoLs.

I mean, I'm not gonna go digging for it, but I distinctly remember several car review segments where they'd be like "But how good is it" and they'd answer by putting the stig in a competing car and he and Clarkson would run around the track seeing if the stig could lose Clarkson or not.

Granted, Clarkson is actually a quite good driver in his own right, so it's not exactly like plucking a guy off the street, but I feel like in any discussion about pay to win you should assume a baseline level of competence.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

fuctifino posted:

The Chorus is:

Derek Smart was right!
He told you so!
Two years ago!
Derek Smart was right!

:horse::horse::horse::horse:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

tuo posted:

Excuse me, but a Completo needs to have more mayonaisse and some avocados and sauer....blargh....kraut....

Where's Gonzo when you need him, eh?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I mean, I'm not gonna go digging for it, but I distinctly remember several car review segments where they'd be like "But how good is it" and they'd answer by putting the stig in a competing car and he and Clarkson would run around the track seeing if the stig could lose Clarkson or not.

Granted, Clarkson is actually a quite good driver in his own right, so it's not exactly like plucking a guy off the street, but I feel like in any discussion about pay to win you should assume a baseline level of competence.

Speaking of this type of stuff, aren't they planning on releasing their F1 ripoff racer? For the part of the game that averages around 2 players at a time?

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

The rest of that thread is extremely :psyduck:

Does he not understand the idea of discrete systems?
Does he think a loving space sim is 'skill based' in the same way, say, Tekken is?
...Has samfreez ever played a game?

That argument of 'driving car = video game' is literally unbelievable.

That dude likes his car analogies for P2W.

Last time it was :

quote:

If Joe Bloggs got behind the wheel of a Formula 1 car, would he instantly have the skills of Michael Schumacher? No.

I ended up having to point out that if your example is pitting joe bloggs against the best F1 driver in the world, then it's a pretty loving stupid analogy.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Jeremy Clarkson is the TV equivalent of a 4chan edgelord. He's not funny, he's a oval office.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

reverend crabhands posted:

Last time it was :

I ended up having to point out that if your example is pitting joe bloggs against the best F1 driver in the world, then it's a pretty loving stupid analogy.

Well, are we talking pre-mercedes Schumi or post-skiing Schumi?

I'm sure I could spank the latter.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

his nibs posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Wow check out Beet swinging his dick around because he doesn't like *those* kinds of dog pictures.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Rugganovich posted:

It's a shame your in the states, I'm about to start looking for someone to do some speaker cabinet prototypes.

Those are always great and fun projects. Always happy to provide input if you need it.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

reverend crabhands posted:

Last time it was :

My favorite part is the implication that Star Citizen takes as much skill as Formula One

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

Thirsty Dog posted:

Jeremy Clarkson is the TV equivalent of a 4chan edgelord. He's not funny, he's a oval office.

Humour is subjective, cunts clearly think he's funny.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Thirsty Dog posted:

They're not mutually exclusive sets. He's a oval office who is funny on occasion.

The problem comes when people mistake that for 'electable'.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Beet Wagon posted:

Someone on reddit told me Sandi confirmed they're :siren:FREE:siren: for the Wing Commander levels. I haven't seen that anywhere yet though.

:siren:FREE:siren:

(With $10,000 purchase)

Beet Wagon posted:

Wait a second, why isn't the Idris on the roadmap for this year? For Squadron to be anywhere near even halfway done, shouldn't the Idris be complete?

It will never, ever be released.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Of all the things CIG has done, this is the most significant. It indicates that what you are getting now is what you are paying for. No grand vision, no MMO, no amazing immersion into a massive open space opera. Just a lovely, barely functional arena shooter and an opportunity to buy more ships. 3.0 is the MVP.

I'm not really sure this is legal anyway. At least the second part. If you are pre-ordering X, you have a right to X.

Unless everyone who gives them money is an investor, which is a whole other :can:.

Also anyone in a T97/30 is probably going to beat Sebastein Leob in a Geo Metro outside of some fairly specific circumstances.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jan 26, 2018

Rubberduke
Nov 24, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Polish Helmets (13 tasks)

Like this?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Doors are (not) still a thing! At a glorious 12 FPS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THCCYQVXfIE

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Another weekend another clusterfuck(s).

The amount of failures and laughs could replace a Cesium based atomic clock on this schedule.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

thatguy posted:

a completionist that is not complete because you are just merely love pledging your 15k

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Foo Diddley posted:

My favorite part is the implication that Star Citizen takes as much skill as Formula One

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Foo Diddley posted:

I mean, imagine winning an F1 race without even being able to open the door to get in your car. SC takes way more skill.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

In Star Citizen we start selling new ships to replace old ones and did I mention the game is not out yet?

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jan 26, 2018

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Virtual Captain posted:

No wonder:

Prepare for denied refunds.

The doublethink is getting really thick on the ground, isn't it.

Your pledge (which is not a pledge) will be earned (not eligible for refunds) when your item becomes functional (we poo poo out the barest semblance of it, probably just a model in your hangar or maybe just in the single player game), or when it's been spent (lol gently caress you).

CIG, refunds do not work that way. You don't get to say "No sorry we actually earned your money you can't have it back." Having it back is what a refund is. To date, you haven't been issuing refunds, you've been cancelling pre-sales because you still haven't delivered the product.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Colostomy Bag posted:

Another weekend another clusterfuck(s).

The amount of failures and laughs could replace a Cesium based atomic clock on this schedule.