Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
There should be a mod where skeletons make a bowling pin sound when knocked down by a large unit charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Gejnor posted:

Values: Normal rally heals for 50% of what the upgraded rally does, the upgraded rally has the same healing values as vanilla, just that i can also resurrect units now. The names seemed to imply that this is what its supposed to do and i figured hey that sounds fun!

I am sad that it doesn't resurrect now but I am not really sure if an infinite castable skill should have that

but it would be fun

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Third World Reggin posted:

I am sad that it doesn't resurrect now but I am not really sure if an infinite castable skill should have that

but it would be fun

Eeeh i mean we do have a healing cap, so it won't work forever.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

toasterwarrior posted:

Being an ally torpedoes chances of them submitting to vassalhood, as well as having actual armies on the field. Typically vassalage only happens through either force or sheer desperation by a faction that's on the verge of getting destroyed.

well im sure glad the game went out of the way to tell me that Settra also conquers via diplomacy

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

VanSandman posted:

There should be a mod where skeletons make a bowling pin sound when knocked down by a large unit charge.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Gejnor posted:

Im pretty sure its working, you dont need a specific animation to get some extra stat bonuses after all, its just that Slayers got some extra treatment from CA to make it look even cooler.

Deathblow confers stat bonuses, yeah, but Slayers actually play an attack animation when they're killed, and the animation isn't purely cosmetic, it can actually connect with other units and, at the very least, cause knockback. The ability description of Deathblow is

quote:

Slayers are unbreakable and always fight to the bitter end - sometimes even beyond that! Imminent death only makes them fight harder. When killed in melee, Slayers launch a final attack with their dying breaths.

The actual attribute corresponding to Deathblow are the stat bonuses at lower than 20% health. As I understand it, the actual on death attack is something that the Tomb Kings were able to get in TT as well.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5DAzsSDB8

Heres a Tretch Craventail spotlight video!

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Gejnor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5DAzsSDB8

Heres a Tretch Craventail spotlight video!

I am honestly surprised that this is an actual Tretch Craventail spotlight video

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I personally found TK's the easiest campaign in WH2 I've played so far (one was Mazda's eternal hellwar and the other was Tyrion's chill vortex tour), as you have no reason to worry about the economy. Granted, I was playing as Arkhan and the Ghouls he gets at a cheap price are waaaaay better than the TK skeletons, but I'd still say their strategic position in the Vortex campaign is the easiest one, since you have no external pressure. Only thing that can really gently caress you up is getting rebels, so make sure your provinces have their PO order line. Don't bother with the money line, it's always better to get more units to recruit to take more lands with, don't be afraid to sack stuff you don't intend to develop.

Early game you can do a lot of work with chaff skeletons and chariots (which was my second lord's army), just be aggressive with them.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
I named my War Sphinx Khitti.
Good Khitti.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

lines two or three units deep seem like a pretty good counter to chariots. They can't crash through and escape if they aren't gone by the time the first rank recovers from the impact.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Gejnor posted:

Im pretty sure its working, you dont need a specific animation to get some extra stat bonuses after all, its just that Slayers got some extra treatment from CA to make it look even cooler.

In other news i did this:

Values: Normal rally heals for 50% of what the upgraded rally does, the upgraded rally has the same healing values as vanilla, just that i can also resurrect units now. The names seemed to imply that this is what its supposed to do and i figured hey that sounds fun!

Sweet!

Arglebargle III posted:

Does anyone know if there's a good way to tell whether your mods have updated/ are compatible with Tomb Kings?

CA's mod manager when you start the game will replace the normal green box with a warning icon if a mod is out of date.

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Really my only disappointment so far with the tomb kings is just the realm of souls summon. But, even that I suppose I understand to an extent. It is nice to get a free flanking unit of ushabti cutting into some archers or the backs of engaged infantry. Just wish they were a little more durable.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
And so another mod sees the light of day: Nehekhara Rises

As mentioned this will give Carrion some extra melee attack, it will make Arkhan buff the VC units in his own army and it will buff the realm of souls heal durations a bit and the summoned Ushabti by making them not degrade over time. It will also make both variants of Rally heal, with the upgraded version able to resurrect models!

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
thanks. love ya, babe

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Gejnor you rule

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Super, but it seems more restricted in scope compared to say, Green Iz Best

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vlex posted:

Super, but it seems more restricted in scope compared to say, Green Iz Best

Because Greenskins needed A LOT more work than Tomb Kings in my opinion.

Also, as i said in the mod, i'll probably add more if i feel its needed later on.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah, honestly a lot of the anti-Tomb King stuff is reminding me about complaints the Wood Elves and Beastmen got on release. Then it turned out they were actually really good the whole time and people crying for buffs made them pretty OP for a while.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
My main issue with them is how huge a jump it is from t1-2 to the high-tier stuff. Like you can easily lose your whole army but then have Settra + sphinx kill everything else the enemy has. I wish at least TG remained relevant end-game, because the legion of skellingtons is why I like TK, not just monster mash.

Also I suck with their chariots, like, I'll get them stuck in archers and unable to push through even if I spam click forever.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

chariots are micro hell when you have a bunch of them

i just gave up and started a gelt campaign, forgot how much fun empire early game battles are when you've got free company and outriders running around harassing the enemy

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
My perspective on Tomb Kings right now is that just about every way of spending money early/mid game that isn't more powerful recruitment buildings is a trap. Rituals especially, their bonuses are just not worth it unless you desperately need the buffs. That money could be going into another permanent unit of Ushabti or Catapults, or growth buildings to rush tier 4/5 in your main region. Same thing with agent actions, their actions are not worth several turns of income early on. Increased agent caps and elite units are somewhat worth it, IMO.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just treat it like every single slot needs to be utilized as a tomb king and you only grab swords/spears if you have literally nothing else to fill those slots with.

Chariots, though, do some work. I mean, I hate using them, but still.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

my big problem with cavalry micro (and it goes double for chariots) is that the obvious way to order a cycle charge (right click the bad guys, wait ten seconds, right click away from them) causes the formation to reverse, so with a wide group of dudes they get all messed up withdrawing

also id like to know if there's a force move order to override attacking

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Eschatos posted:

My perspective on Tomb Kings right now is that just about every way of spending money early/mid game that isn't more powerful recruitment buildings is a trap. Rituals especially, their bonuses are just not worth it unless you desperately need the buffs. That money could be going into another permanent unit of Ushabti or Catapults, or growth buildings to rush tier 4/5 in your main region. Same thing with agent actions, their actions are not worth several turns of income early on. Increased agent caps and elite units are somewhat worth it, IMO.

The rite that lets you colonize a ruin at level 3, without damaging an army, is pretty badass

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Now that there is skaven in the north, I am going back to try out chaos again.

Things that I would like for christmas. If a hero is good at something, let them have the building to make said units.

Also change all horde units to work like black arks where population is needed only for the first building.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The rite that lets you colonize a ruin at level 3, without damaging an army, is pretty badass

As Arkhan, I've come across a single ruin in 80 turns, which shared a region with a trading partner so not worth colonizing. None of my neighbors have done any razing that wasn't recolonized within a few turns.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

StashAugustine posted:

my big problem with cavalry micro (and it goes double for chariots) is that the obvious way to order a cycle charge (right click the bad guys, wait ten seconds, right click away from them) causes the formation to reverse, so with a wide group of dudes they get all messed up withdrawing

also id like to know if there's a force move order to override attacking

Have you tried hitting J.

Eschatos posted:

As Arkhan, I've come across a single ruin in 80 turns, which shared a region with a trading partner so not worth colonizing. None of my neighbors have done any razing that wasn't recolonized within a few turns.

The only way I have found it to work is to befriend beastmen.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

Have you tried hitting J.

The only way I have found it to work is to befriend beastmen.

i havent tried that specifically with charging but i have with units as a group and you get the same behavior

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

The ai loves colonizing ruins even if it makes no sense

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Eschatos posted:

It is situational yeah, but if you end up in position for it it's great. Settra starts with a ruin in his starting province which is pretty amazing. Let's you at least get some early ushabti.

Is it worth building walls as TK?

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

How does a ruin let you get early Ushabti?

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Arglebargle III posted:

How does a ruin let you get early Ushabti?

If you use the necrotect you get from the rites you can colonize a ruin with him and it starts at level 3.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

What if skeleton infantry were given/had a tech that let them have perfect vigour? That way, with heals, the longer a battle went on the more valuable they'd get as everyone else was tired and they'd still be able to heal and resurrect. They'd still have poo poo stats so they could get crushed to dust early on in a battle. Too OP? Maybe make it an end of the line lord upgrade?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Does it not work if you create the ruin yourself?

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

I like it, has an inevitable legion of the dead feel to it. Probably OP though

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Mzbundifund posted:

It does

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
Would removing the AP damage from dark elf repeater crossbows go a long way to toning them down, as a faction? Empire and dwarven crossbows aren't flagged as AP IIRC and I don't remember repeaters being AP in the TT game

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mzbundifund posted:

This might actually be pretty good strat. I think the cost of the rite is worth it to get some early T3 stuff, especially if you make sure to raze a capital region so you can build up from there. The cost of summoning the necrotect saves you T2/3 upgrade buildings, the time to accumulate growth, and the opportunity cost of filling your slots with t1/2 buildings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Grumio posted:

Would removing the AP damage from dark elf repeater crossbows go a long way to toning them down, as a faction? Empire and dwarven crossbows aren't flagged as AP IIRC and I don't remember repeaters being AP in the TT game

Yeah. They also probably should get toned down stats on their elite infantry considering Murderous Prowess is a thing.