Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

JB50 posted:

Opie was the one that hated Howard, Anthony was indifferent.

I didn't know that. But still, it's almost like him joining Imus.

He didn't seem like he hated Howard that bad in the interview (I know he says he learned to hate him). He said he loves him and all that, so he seems more passive aggressive than overt about it. I did like that he went out of his way to stress how good of a person Beth is. I know a LOT of people give her poo poo (that gif of her looking at a dog like she's doesn't like it) but I can add a small personal anecdote. My parents forwarded me a tiny Patch article (literally no where else reported it) about a cat found injured in their neighborhood. I found the name of the hospital that the police officer brought the cat to, and I called them telling them I would like to donate something towards the cat's medical bills. The person on the phone told me "I was told not to tell anyone this, but Beth Stern just called 5 minutes ago and paid the entire bill herself". She is genuinely a good person.

So yeah Artie is pretty good at reading people and tells great stories, but he has the most abysmal work ethic on the planet for a guy who tries to come off as a New Jersey blue collar union guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

He does a good tan mom and a good Jeff impersonation

Oh yeah those are pretty good. But partly because from what I've listened to lately it seems to be Howard and the others directing or prompting him.

How bad is Shuli's standup? Like regular bad or Dan Nainan bad?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
FWIW I thought Artie's stand up was bad but I thought he was hilarious on a whim/not scripted. Shuli comes up with some pretty funny stuff off the top of his head, especially when he's making fun of Jeff or HPE.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

cumshitter posted:

Oh yeah those are pretty good. But partly because from what I've listened to lately it seems to be Howard and the others directing or prompting him.

How bad is Shuli's standup? Like regular bad or Dan Nainan bad?

Shuli actually has decent comedian skills, but his material is terrible. Now that I think about it, not quite unlike Artie.
Except his material is even WORSE then Artie's.

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

So yeah Artie is pretty good at reading people and tells great stories, but he has the most abysmal work ethic on the planet for a guy who tries to come off as a New Jersey blue collar union guy

Truth.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 25, 2018

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I see OJ

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Can you see him doing anything specific? Is he merely sitting there? Can you hear anything Mr Higgins?

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Mac-hine

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Holy poo poo, LuhMet is insane... maybe he should date Tan Mom.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Went digging around for classic poo poo and watching Gary's "I Want You Back Tape" the loving Hank bunny rabbit in the background is killing me.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

Grant DaNasty posted:

Can you see him doing anything specific? Is he merely sitting there? Can you hear anything Mr Higgins?

Thats a totally farcical call Peter. He used a code at the end that Howard Stern fans use.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Just listened to it again and it's amazing Jennings thought that was a real voice

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. And the United States of America has the best doctor-to-daredevil ratio in the world

euphronius posted:

Just listened to it again and it's amazing Jennings thought that was a real voice

Historically, it is the 2nd best prank call ever...with the first being Sour/Langford
Hey, new list!

1-Sour/Langford
2-OJ Call
3-Billy/Howard call Gary (Barbara-Booey)
4- HPE as Kelly Clarkson calls Eric the annoying rear end in a top hat
5-Ronnie calls old woman- TOPLESS

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I'd have to say my favourites are

1. Sour Shoes Langford saga
2. Blue Iris and the 'hot poo poo in the chamber'
3. When Bigfoot got avorced and then went gay for a while
4. Literally anything using Riley Martin's voice/uuhhh/hmmm?
5. Take off your diaper and jab me with that shrinky-dink.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Historically, it is the 2nd best prank call ever...with the first being Sour/Langford

I think I put the OJ call ahead just for the circumstances -- a spontaneous call during a live broadcast of an event that everyone in America was watching. I mean, they interrupted the NBA Finals to cover it! I think the guy who made it "retired" from prank calling after because he knew nothing would ever top it. The Sour prank was prerecorded and compiled over months. Certainly genius and a classic call, but nothing can edge out the OJ call.

Mr Lance Murdock
Feb 29, 2008

Sand Monster posted:

I think I put the OJ call ahead just for the circumstances -- a spontaneous call during a live broadcast of an event that everyone in America was watching. I mean, they interrupted the NBA Finals to cover it! I think the guy who made it "retired" from prank calling after because he knew nothing would ever top it. The Sour prank was prerecorded and compiled over months. Certainly genius and a classic call, but nothing can edge out the OJ call.

Solid points.
The OJ call does go past the Stern world, and thats pretty impressive.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Captain Janks did not retire after That

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Hey, new list!

1-Sour/Langford
2-OJ Call

"I'm an Earl and an O.B.E., which makes me an earlobe..."

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
It wasn't Captain Janks. Howard wrote about the guy who did it in his second book, it was just some kid from NY who was pissed about the game being interrupted.

And yeah the Sour Shoes call is amazing but heavily edited by Sal and Richard. Given the circumstance, scope, and ridiculousness of it, the OJ call is all time #1.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

euphronius posted:

Captain Janks did not retire after That

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/its-the-20-year-anniversary-of-the-greatest-prank-call-1592186096

quote:

Contrary to popular belief, it wasn't Howard Stern regular Captain Janks that talked his way into speaking with ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, but a devoted fan, one "Maury from Brooklyn."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well. I did not know that !

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.

Sand Monster posted:

I see OJ is all time. They even had Al Michaels on to talk about it after. I think everyone watching on TV knew it was a crank call except Peter Jennings. The OJ chase was the biggest story in the US when that call happened.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

"I'll pay ya! I'll pay ya to meet ya! Done deal pal ... done deal."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrFCEO8h9eE

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

I would troll Artie by tweeting this at him but I'm too much of a gentleman

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
high pitch saying "how big are your balls" during the calls to ETM gets me every loving time. can't stop laughing. just had to go back and give that whole bit another listen after someone mentioned the Kelly Clarkson call.

"I'm gonna drop your pants and spit on it, ooooohhhhhh yeeeeaaaaa"

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mr Lance Murdock posted:

Hey, new list!

1-Sour/Langford
2-OJ Call

One of my favorites that does not get brought up a lot is the phone call Johnny Brennan of the Jerky Boys made to Bababooey's hair stylist:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy20X_WzwSk

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Y'all must have a mouth full of salad because you forgot to list this call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTJhnuQMbL8

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lol Mehmet went from 0 to crazy in like 20 seconds

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

God drat robin is dunking on mehmet

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm just getting caught up on this week's shows... what the hell is up with that story about Tan Mom being thrown down a well and left there for a week? Anyone think that is true? Normally I would have just laughed it off, but she seemed genuinely upset trying to tell the story.

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Reminder: Eric thought he should maybe be given a part in the Brad Pitt movie "Moneyball" because

- It was being made close to him
- He owns lots of Oakland A's gear, so it would save the production money on costumes

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

FA fa fooey thats baba booey

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

Sa sa smelly

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

GenoCanSing posted:

Reminder: Eric thought he should maybe be given a part in the Brad Pitt movie "Moneyball" because

- He owns lots of Oakland A's gear, so it would save the production money on costumes

He also thought werewolves were actual, real animals (mammals?)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

GenoCanSing posted:

And people wonder why he's the best wack packer...

immortal anime
Oct 21, 2017

by Lowtax
baba booey

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

Yeah, it's total Apples and Soccer Balls; they just can't be compared.

The Langford calls weren't live, they were just Richard and Sal doing what they do best: torturing people with pre-recorded drops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Squashy Nipples posted:

Yeah, it's total Apples and Soccer Balls; they just can't be compared.

The Langford calls weren't live, they were just Richard and Sal doing what they do best: torturing people with pre-recorded drops.

They started off live, but it was way easier for them to play pre-recorded bits, wasn't it?