Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

RCarr posted:

If you are walking slow enough to be able to play on your switch I'd say the miles probably go by very slowly.

The perception of time != the actual crawl of time. As a basketball fan you should know this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I Switch while planking. Works like crazy!

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
Everyone talking about Celeste when they're forgetting about KID NIKI. I mean he IS a Radical Ninja, Afterall.

(I'm such a sucker for these non Neo Geo ACA's. I really want more.)

content
Feb 13, 2014

Mace Bacon posted:

Everyone talking about Celeste when they're forgetting about KID NIKI. I mean he IS a Radical Ninja, Afterall.

(I'm such a sucker for these non Neo Geo ACA's. I really want more.)

I used to have this arcade cabinet when I was a kid. Good memories.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Wild Arms: Reloaded is coming to the Nintendo Switch. Along with, incidentally, a brutally flat "no" to it ever getting an XBOne version.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wild Arms: Reloaded is coming to the Nintendo Switch. Along with, incidentally, a brutally flat "no" to it ever getting an XBOne version.

Wild Guns. Boy did I just real excited for no reason.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

armyofwires posted:

Wild Guns. Boy did I just real excited for no reason.

God dammit :cripes:.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru
Wild Arms is in F2P mobile game land with Arc the Lad.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Vikar Jerome posted:

that reminds me, isn't the physical edition of axiom verge out this month?
It came out in November.

My issue with Celeste is that they haven't announced a physical release, but with the amount of press they're getting I'm sure that they're getting offers from all the indie publishers (BadLands, Limited Run, Nicalis, XSEED, etc.) and it's going to happen.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I thought that I was done with twitchy platformers forever (I was extremely underwhelmed by Super Meat Boy) but Celeste is proving me wrong

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have Wild Guns Reloaded for PS4 but I dont wanna double dip because somehow they made the guy WAY harder

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Dangit I might have to get Celeste

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Man it would be kinda cool to go digital with all of my Switch games, but that's not really viable is it? They take up a lot of space..

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Man it would be kinda cool to go digital with all of my Switch games, but that's not really viable is it? They take up a lot of space..

SD cards are cheap as hell

content
Feb 13, 2014

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I feel like the games are actually pretty small compared to other consoles. I decided to go all digital and got a 128 gig memory card for, like, $75.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe
Really depends on the title too, a few I've gotten are improbably small

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Can you cycle between multiple SD cards or will that confuse it somehow? Like, this one is my RPG card, this one is my indie card, etc.?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Can you cycle between multiple SD cards or will that confuse it somehow? Like, this one is my RPG card, this one is my indie card, etc.?

It works but it's kind of annoying because your Switch has to restart whenever you swap SD cards. You can probably hold every good game in existence for Switch right now on a 128gb card with room to spare though

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

This is tough. I've always loved collecting physical copies of games, but I also appreciate my digital Steam and 3DS libraries.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

goferchan posted:

It works but it's kind of annoying because your Switch has to restart whenever you swap SD cards. You can probably hold every good game in existence for Switch right now on a 128gb card with room to spare though

I have 21 games on my Switch right now and only using half of a 64gb card, 128 will last a fair while.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fitzy Fitz posted:

This is tough. I've always loved collecting physical copies of games, but I also appreciate my digital Steam and 3DS libraries.

Yeah I find the conveniency too nice to pass up

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I lost my BOTW cartridge. Don't be like me, buy digital.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

It's not like you have to keep your entire library on you SD card at all times

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The biggest mistake was picking up a physical copy of Binding of Isaac because I liked the cover art. That's a game where you want to pick up and play right away, having to swap in a cartridge means I don't play it even half as much as I might otherwise.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Andrast posted:

It's not like you have to keep your entire library on you SD card at all times

Yeah no one plays 20 to 30 games simultaneously, this is def the way to go.

It's amazing how many good games are currently our on the switch

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If you're in Australia, the choice between physical or digital is boiled down to a very simple question; So you want to pay $60AUD, or $90AUD?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the only physical games I have are Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, and Bomberman R. Xenoblade 2 physical was a good buy mainly because it was large and I can return it now that I'm done....don't think I want to play it again for 50 hrs anytime soon this year.

I'll probably get Bayonetta on cart next, and Mario Tennis depending on the size.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Most Switch games are small but OTOH I bought L.A. Noire, Doom and Skyrim and those take up almost 1/3 of my 200GB card on their own. If Switch gets more AAA ports that poo poo will fill up fast.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Speak of the devil, Dr. E just posted the more budget friendly 64GB cards being on sale:

I got the 128 version on sale for $40 a couple weeks ago, working with my Switch no prob.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

somehow Azure Striker Gunvolt Pack is bigger than most first-party Switch games and almost all the indie games I have. Disgaea 5 takes the cake though at like 6 or 7 gigs.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Some of these Pic a Pix puzzles are devilish and then the next one will be super easy.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I posted this yesterday:

Ragequit posted:

Tired: Arms
Wired: Wild Arms

It's been over a decade since the last game come on now

Then you raise and smash my hopes with a typo. Rude.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I'll just buy first-party games for Switch in cartriedges I think. I get to show them to friends, and they take up way more than third-party ones that I can just buy in the store.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The biggest mistake was picking up a physical copy of Binding of Isaac because I liked the cover art. That's a game where you want to pick up and play right away, having to swap in a cartridge means I don't play it even half as much as I might otherwise.

If they ever release Spelunky, I have a feeling I'd buy the physical copy (if released), and also the digital. Derek Yu can have all my money.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Feels Villeneuve posted:

This is pretty true for me too but with other games. I only have physicals of zelda and mario, and zelda is usually left in by default. Probably why I haven't come back to mario since beating it. From here I think I'll only buy physicals of games where I'm not sure if I'll really want to keep them and plan to resell.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Gottdamn I cannot keep up anymore, between games having monthly events, seasons, weekly resets and a flow of indie games, I just don't have the time. I was deep into Gungeon before this Division stuff happened and now I'm already looking forward to Celeste while knowing it is all going to be backburnered for Bayonetta.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Episode 2 of Nintendo Power podcast is out btw. They added Krysta from Nintendo minute so it's less of a sausage party.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Some of these Pic a Pix puzzles are devilish and then the next one will be super easy.
It feels like they didn't balance the fact that more colours make the puzzles easier.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Episode 2 of Nintendo Power podcast is out btw. They added Krysta from Nintendo minute so it's less of a sausage party.

I started this for the heck of it but switched over to one of my regular things because it was so bland and press release-y. Deaddove.jpg

Might listen to the labo segment but eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr Phillby posted:

It feels like they didn't balance the fact that more colours make the puzzles easier.

I wished they'd balanced the fact that I'm red green colorblind. If there's a row with either I have to paint with one of the colors to see if it registers before I can figure out if I'm using red or green. Wish there was a setting to filter those to something else, they could change back to normal after you finish.

• Locked thread