Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Nice view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

If you want to know how this turns out when played to the end, look up Sage Northcutt.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Burt Sexual posted:

I like they hung a warning flag on the bumper.

That's not a warning flag. It's the driver's vest that got snagged on the bumper before he fell.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

biracial bear for uncut posted:

That's not a warning flag. It's the driver's vest that got snagged on the bumper before he fell.

*driver yelling* noooo.... aaaahhh nooooooooooooooooo

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

datajugend posted:

thats a pretty low budget space program

Still better than England's

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Azhais posted:

Still better than England's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJdrlWR-yFM

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

It's literally the ending of Full Throttle.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sestze posted:

That's a pointless bet, there was a guy that sent out a letter about a woman besmirching the gymnastic program when she was talking about how one of the camps was super fuckin' creepy, and it turned out that he was a molester too.

A sport that features a lot of young children in skin-tight spandex at the peak of their physical prime attracts chomos. The hosed stories from high school wrestling/swim teams indicate a running trend.

Here's the list from USA Gymnastics of people who have been kicked out (since 2012) and are permanently ineligible, along with the reason:

https://usagym.org/pages/aboutus/pages/permanently_ineligible_members.html

One that shows up an awful lot is "Bylaw 9.2 (a)." I mean, a lot. There are 140 names on this list, and at least 43 of them violated that bylaw, that's more than 30%. Hrm, I wonder what that is. Let's check:

https://usagym.org/PDFs/About%20USA%20Gymnastics/Governance/usag-bylaws.pdf

quote:

9.2 Special Categories of Misconduct.
(a) If the Corporation becomes aware that any Member:
(i) Is listed on any State or Federal sexual offender list or registry;
(ii) Has been declared a sex offender in any applicable State or
Federal jurisdiction; or
(iii) Has been convicted of or has entered a plea of guilty, a statement
of no contest, or has been sentenced to any affirmative terms
related to a criminal charge or indictment issued by an applicable
City, County, State or Federal jurisdiction, and such charge or
indictment directly or indirectly involved or related to sexual
misconduct, child abuse or conduct that is a violation of any law or
regulation that is specifically designed to protect minors;

Oh dear.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Require all adults working with gymnasts to be gelded, imo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Fantastic Flyer posted:

I think it should extend beyond that, every male teacher I've met as an adult as been creepy

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Way too much info in the article to pull out select quotes. The MSU administration was absolutely complicit in covering up wrongdoing by Nassar and the rest of the athletics department.

OTL: Michigan State secrets extend far beyond Larry Nassar case

There is always more and it is always worse. :aaaaa:

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Just only let gay males teach female gym and gay females to teach male gym. It's simple people!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I think it should extend beyond that, every male teacher I've met as an adult as been creepy

hey, my dad's been a high school English teacher for over 20 years and a HS principal for another 10 years, and he's not a bad guy :(

that said, all of the male religion and gym teachers I've had have been creepy as gently caress, but the only male teacher I've had who's been ousted was my 8th grade teacher (who was awesome as hell btw) who got fired because students' parents were upset that he was gay and lived with his partner :thumbsup:

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Ak Gara posted:

Just only let gay males teach female gym and gay females to teach male gym. It's simple people!

Pedophiles for evening courses.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

My math/gym teacher would for some reason use our showers. After we boys were done washing up, all tying shoelaces & getting ready to leave, she'd prance through the room with a loose towel modestly held in front of her to use our showers. She had a separate room with her own shower, idk what the hell. We got to look at her 40 year old rear end though :shrug:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Was this a maths teacher taking gym, or a gym teacher taking maths? I'm pretty concerned about this.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Yeah I think we all wanna know....

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I wanna know if she was reported to the proper authorities for this behavior that seems to violate student/teacher protocol.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Not Operator posted:

Was this a maths teacher taking gym, or a gym teacher taking maths? I'm pretty concerned about this.

She was both, I think teachers here usually have two main roles? This was in grade school, mostly around when we were 10 years old. I think she stopped doing it around the time we got hair on our weiners (no idea if correlated)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oldpainless posted:

I wanna know if she was reported to the proper authorities for this behavior that seems to violate student/teacher protocol.

She wasn't reported but her son got a faceful of snow several times (albeit for unrelated reasons)

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Krankenstyle posted:

She was both, I think teachers here usually have two main roles? This was in grade school, mostly around when we were 10 years old. I think she stopped doing it around the time we got hair on our weiners (no idea if correlated)

Generally you're really supposed to have hair around, rather than on.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

That all seems highly inappropriate but as long as she wasn't banging anyone, and it sounds like she wasn't because you were all just brats, I guess whatever.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Trig Discipline posted:

lol true, the ~butt memories~ made me think in Danish so the translation became a little literal

ReidRansom posted:

That all seems highly inappropriate but as long as she wasn't banging anyone, and it sounds like she wasn't because you were all just brats, I guess whatever.

And yeah, I guess it was just a weird inappropriate but ultimately harmless thing. I really doubt anyone was traumatized. I woulda brought it up at our last reunion but she showed up too and that would've made it weird & possibly traumatizing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Trig Discipline posted:

Hey now, it's up to Krankenstyle how he styles his kranken

tatopom
Apr 9, 2009

ReidRansom posted:

So if they have been all good little 10yo boys miss teacher will bang you?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Well, the Tide Challenge sure has escalated.

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/37354942/teen-shot-in-head-after-new-internet-challenge-goes-wrong

quote:

It's called the No Lackin Challenge.

On YouTube, videos of the No Lackin Challenge show people pulling guns on their friends and their friends pulling out a gun too. However, no one pulls the trigger.

Early Thursday morning, a 17-year-old was shot in the head at E's cafe on Union Avenue.

According to the affidavit, 21-year-old Sherman Lackland was sitting in a booth with two people he knew, playing the No Lackin Challenge when Lackland reportedly accidentally shot his friend

gently caress it. Suicide Challenge. Don't be a pussy.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

When did Peter North start selling Mayonnaise?

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Nope. Doesn't fix the brain bits. And a pervo can always find a way to ...work around limitations...

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Phanatic posted:

http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/37354942/teen-shot-in-head-after-new-internet-challenge-goes-wrong

More like the no Lackland's friend challenge.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

And for the second time that day......

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Phanatic posted:

huh, somehow the victim isn't dead yet.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Hey now, it's up to Krankenstyle how he styles his kranken

thx m8

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Phanatic posted:

those video clips what the loving gently caress

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
All male gym teachers I've come across are always angry failed athletes and ex-school bullies.

Anyway, contribution.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Say Nothing posted:

All male gym teachers I've come across are always angry failed athletes and ex-school bullies.

Anyway, contribution.

Australia.jpg

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Kay Kessler posted:

Australia.jpg

noice :cool:

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
I used to work summers in what is called hemtjänsten in swedish. I guess it would be something like home care in english. Basically helping elderly people who still live at home but require some kind of assistance. One of my coworkers had this happen to her. Only she had it happen with one of these:

And then she had to drive back like 20 minutes.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Say Nothing posted:

Opposite of schadenfreude, but I was always very thankful that my grade/Jr high gym teacher was the opposite of that. Dude never gave me poo poo for not being able to to do as much owing to my severe asthma, brooked no kids making fun of me for it, and was one of the nicest guys I've known in my life.

I had content here, listening to a lady on her bluetooth arguing with her ex-husband over where their kid will go to the surprisingly-numerous camps she's going to be going to this year, but it's gone from "Heh, these two are alternating between not listening to each other and passive-aggressively threatening each other to go to court over trivial poo poo" to "Jesus, these two assholes are using their own kid to gently caress over their ex", which has no freude, only schaden :smith:

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 23:26 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

MisterBibs posted:

I had content here, listening to a lady on her bluetooth arguing with her ex-husband over where their kid will go to the surprisingly-numerous camps she's going to be going to this year, but it's gone from "Heh, these two are alternating between not listening to each other and passive-aggressively threatening each other to go to court over trivial poo poo" to "Jesus, these two assholes are using their own kid to gently caress over their ex", which has no schaden, only freude

You sick bastard.