Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Chomskyan posted:

Could you take your meltdown to the Trump thread? tia

Is that what you think is happening? Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

I think you're trying to say only pizzagate conservatives level idiots could care about Clinton sweeping sexual harassment allegations under the rug?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Chomskyan posted:

I think you're trying to say only pizzagate conservatives level idiots could care about Clinton sweeping sexual harassment allegations under the rug?

It would matter if she was president or it was 2016 again.

In other news
https://twitter.com/akaneotani/status/956938516285575168

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mr Hootington posted:

In other news
https://twitter.com/akaneotani/status/956938516285575168
Is Steve Wynn president?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Is Steve Wynn president?

Nah just the republican finance chair who forced workers to perform sexual acts on him.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Clinton Foundation stocks about to take a huge hit from this scandal!

What's wrong with it?

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 26, 2018

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

In fun NATO news the German military is currently “not deployable for collective defense” due to chronic mismanagement and corruption.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Mr Hootington posted:

It does matter despite her current political impotence. One of the biggest problems we lefties have is convincing people that ideology is more important than genetics, or in other words that "representation" is not going to fix any of our problems in and of itself.

So now we have our centrist black president utterly destroying black wealth for the benefit of the banks, we have our centrist "I'm with Her" candidate who ran on a feminist platform failing to deal with a male sex predator who was utterly under her control in her organization.

The reality is that our political process is designed to promote and advance elite warmongers who support an aristocracy of capital and throw the powerless to the wolves - we call them "centrists" - and changing the genetics of those elite and nothing else isn't going to matter at all. The whiteness and maleness of representation is a symptom, not the cause.

Megaman's Jockstrap fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 26, 2018

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Nevermind because:
https://twitter.com/BStrider/status/708821887917232129

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Have a little more faith in the Kennedy response, guys.

Nevvy Z posted:

What's wrong with it?

Sexual assault is always a pattern.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Look we moved Father Fiddler to another parish after some counseling and a paycut so obviously the problem is solved.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Excuse me but cultural mores are relative and you can't expect employers during the olden times of the 00's to meet the high moral standards of modern times.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Another scandal for President Clinton!! Impeach and lock her up!!

Nice meltdown

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

What's wrong with it?

maybe the fact that it's no real punishment at all, and clinton should've kicked the sexual assaulting piece of poo poo off her campaign if she gave one poo poo about feminism?

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/956622735345618944

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

turns out that dems helping kill unions at the behest of big corporate donors had the unfortunate side-effect of helping kill the democratic party

oops

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Which of these premises is wrong?

1). Clinton lost because she didn’t excite the base.
2). Leftists were excited to vote for the dream act and all voted for Clinton despite her faults.

If both of those are true, how can you reconcile both without concluding a substantial part of the democratic base aren’t leftists and don’t really care about the dream act? If leftist excitement wasn’t the problem and moderate republicans won’t ever flip, by process of elimination the votes Clinton needed must have been from centrist democrats, right? Is this the way people here understand the election?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
Alright, which one you did this

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/956994415062585346

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Canadian, doesn't count.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

reminder that people in this thread were supporting chelsea manning running for office lol

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That stupid derail in the Trump thread might have actually been relevant?!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Radish posted:

That stupid derail in the Trump thread might have actually been relevant?!

Gonna have to narrow it down there, bub.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

reminder that people in this thread were supporting chelsea manning running for office lol

https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/956384072057737216

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

I still think Manning should run for office, I just wish she was a lot better at it.

Its a primary, why shouldn't she run for office?

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Trabisnikof posted:

I still think Manning should run for office, I just wish she was a lot better at it.

She should absolutely run. She should also absolutely lose.

https://twitter.com/Freeyourmindkid/status/956581214873378817

Heck Yes! Loam! fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jan 26, 2018

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

JeffersonClay posted:

Which of these premises is wrong?

1). Clinton lost because she didn’t excite the base.
2). Leftists were excited to vote for the dream act and all voted for Clinton despite her faults.

If both of those are true, how can you reconcile both without concluding a substantial part of the democratic base aren’t leftists and don’t really care about the dream act? If leftist excitement wasn’t the problem and moderate republicans won’t ever flip, by process of elimination the votes Clinton needed must have been from centrist democrats, right? Is this the way people here understand the election?

No one cares. Go away.

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

lmao at you thinking this is some sort of sick burn

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Trabisnikof posted:

uh because she's hanging out with nazis you ignorant gently caress

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Holy crap that's loving terrible :stare:

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

uh because she's hanging out with nazis you ignorant gently caress

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/956956828700684291

Update on that.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

And? She’s still a better candidate than 99% of the “serious” politicians they try to ram down our throats.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

this is why democrats lose: their base is loving apeshit retarded. You cry about democrats not shutting down the government (which is what the republicans actually want) and then want a traitor who hangs out with nazis in the US senate

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

this is why democrats lose: their base is loving apeshit retarded. You cry about democrats not shutting down the government (which is what the republicans actually want) and then want a traitor who hangs out with nazis in the US senate

As stated before, please take meltdowns to the Trump thread

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

lol

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

But this is actually the Republicans and they’ve been winning bigly these days so I’m not sure you can say that’s why the left is loosing.

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:discourse:

Holy moly the Dems DO deserve to lose

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

Oh my god manning is a loving moron

quote:

“The thing in all this that I’ve learned is that they don’t actually believe the things that they say. I just feel they’re opportunists and that they exploit their Twitter followers’ fears,” said Manning.

quote:

I want to be clear that they let me in because they knew who I was and therefore they gave me that privilege to be there. Would they let any other trans person into that event? The answer is no.”

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Nobody in this picture should be in politics either

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah I don't really get their point with that photo. Also there is a huge difference between meeting someone at an event and going to someone's house party

• Locked thread