Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
LEAVE THE BRONX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

capsule?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My name is Pleasence and I am funky.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TL posted:

Mr. Beeeeeeardsley!!!

gently caress it, I'm watching this. I've just got a case of spring fever.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Every time one of the apartment doors in I Accuse My Parents, Mike & the bots quack because there's a painting of a duck on the wall behind.

Distracts me from how dumb Jimmy is, even if he did win that essay contest.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bob Johnson.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Jet Jaguar posted:

Every time one of the apartment doors in I Accuse My Parents, Mike & the bots quack because there's a painting of a duck on the wall behind.

Distracts me from how dumb Jimmy is, even if he did win that essay contest.

"And then my grandmother said to Churchill, 'what about a lend-lease agreement?'"

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I think I may have asked this before, but...who do you think is dumber? Jimmy from I Accuse My Parents, or Harv from High School Big Shot?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Just left a Mads show at Alamo Drafthouse in Brooklyn. Very, very funny...plus, there was a very special guest to intro them: Kim Cattrall!

Very funny show, I highly recommend checking them out.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Sash! posted:

My name is Pleasence and I am funky.

Doctor Mod, and Doctor Groovy.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Crazy Ferret posted:

END! END!!!!!!!

One of my favorite riffs ever. Just the pure frustration at the loving movie finally boiling over.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I think I may have asked this before, but...who do you think is dumber? Jimmy from I Accuse My Parents, or Harv from High School Big Shot?

Definitely Jimmy. Marv wasn't a genius by any stretch of the imagination, but his problem was that the universe was dead set on making GBS threads all over him.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

8one6 posted:

One of my favorite riffs ever. Just the pure frustration at the loving movie finally boiling over.

Similarly: DO SOMETHING!

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

TL posted:

Just left a Mads show at Alamo Drafthouse in Brooklyn. Very, very funny...plus, there was a very special guest to intro them: Kim Cattrall!

I've harassed them on Twitter but they won't come to Canada. I'm guessing because of our lack of Alamo drafthouses.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm going with Marv, because that movie actually made me mad the first time I watched it. Jimmy did a bunch of dumb poo poo to impress a girl who at least returned the affection. What is Marv's excuse?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

8one6 posted:

"... And his eyes open. His eyes open. His eyes, open."

And the the medley of every 80s song that sounds like the credits song.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Do a lot of coke and vote for Ronald Reagan!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Is she related to Wacky T. Bakke? :v:

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Reince Penis posted:

I've harassed them on Twitter but they won't come to Canada. I'm guessing because of our lack of Alamo drafthouses.

They came to my town (not an Alamo Drafthouse, just a regular 1920s theater updated to a movie/arts venue) specifically because a fan reached out to the theater, not to the Mads, and helped make it happen. So if you at least know of a local venue that could host, contact and bug the hell out of them until they get in touch with the Mads.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Paingod556 posted:

"... And his eyes open. His eyes open. His eyes, open."

And the the medley of every 80s song that sounds like the credits song.

Also when they turn on Mike for causing the eighties, and by extension the film.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

rydiafan posted:

Similarly: DO SOMETHING!

So-di-um! So-di-um! So-di-um!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Bruceski posted:

Look! Polish!

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Bruceski posted:

This one lost its luster when I realized they didn't understand what was happening in the movie.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

This one lost its luster when I realized they didn't understand what was happening in the movie.

They didn't? Was there something else to the long awkward scene of "Sodium reacts violently with water, but enough distractions we need to figure out a way of harming these water-based creatures (ignore humans being 60% water). Think!" Or my memory could have made the scene longer and more frustrating, it's been 20 years since I saw that one.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
Mike and the Bots really lean into the sodium thing when the plot lulls again after they've already got the sodium (or at least have figured it out, the one guy has to drive into the big city to get a substantial amount after all) and what they're stuck on is how to actually track down the monsters to use the sodium on them.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

John Murdoch posted:

Mike and the Bots really lean into the sodium thing when the plot lulls again after they've already got the sodium (or at least have figured it out, the one guy has to drive into the big city to get a substantial amount after all) and what they're stuck on is how to actually track down the monsters to use the sodium on them.

ah. I had bits mixed up then.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

TL posted:

Dang. I now wish I had caught that, impractical as it would have been.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Servo's obsession with The Berverly Hillbillies is S Tier

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

precision posted:

Servo's obsession with The Berverly Hillbillies is S Tier

"S Tier"?

idgi

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Proteus Jones posted:

"S Tier"?

idgi

You've never watched a TierZoo video,have you?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

VolticSurge posted:

You've never watched a TierZoo video,have you?

I had not. Now I have (the one on big cats).

Thank you.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

Simplex posted:

I'm going with Marv, because that movie actually made me mad the first time I watched it. Jimmy did a bunch of dumb poo poo to impress a girl who at least returned the affection. What is Marv's excuse?

He gets involved with a con-man who dabbles as a carrot in his spare time.

(Mr Boods was watching the infamous 'The Great Vegetable Rebellion' Lost in Space episode the other night, and the amazing Stanley Adams shows up as the veg in question).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

8one6 posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure it's even Servo any more, Kevin may just actually have blown a fuse.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Rewatched The Time Travelers and it's still not a bad movie. It's not a GREAT movie, but I'd probably watch it by itself. It's like The Time Machine with a bit of The Cold Equations mixed in. Plus, I do love all the practical effects. They at least tried harder than the folks making 12 to the Moon did.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

speaking of, Time Chasers is pretty watchable in the strictest understanding of the word, in that there's a plot, relevant dialogue, lighting and sound are decent, and editing is fine, which means it's a cut above most other MST3K movies.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Like, the Time Chasers would have been a pretty great Twilight Zone episode

Maybe a pretty good Outer Limits romp

But as its own feature length thing, it's just way too long for as little content as it possesses. I want to like it as a movie more than I really do. But it does stand heads and shoulders above most of the MST3K library for that reason

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Rewatching a few of the old ones, I do appreciate the pacing and the tone of the riffs more overall, but one thing I love about the new show is that they aimed to get films that at least had high quality prints and decent lightning, and where, for the most part, you can at least understand what the characters are saying. The movie selection was really good for season 11.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Dungeon Ecology posted:

speaking of, Time Chasers is pretty watchable in the strictest understanding of the word, in that there's a plot, relevant dialogue, lighting and sound are decent, and editing is fine, which means it's a cut above most other MST3K movies.

Man, the Founding Fathers were dumpy!

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

duz posted:

Tonight was my second time to see The Mads are Back, the movie this time was The Tingler. A "better" "film" than last year's Walk the Dark Street but thankfully just as good for riffing.
Trace did say they plan on releasing the riffs digitally since the movies they pick are public domain, they just don't have immediate plans while they're still able to do regular live shows.

I saw them a few weeks back in Frederick MD. My dad was super excited because he remembers seeing tingler back when he was younger. Missed out on Glen or Glenda that evening because I had to work the next day.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

John Murdoch posted:

They could use Campbell's soup -- that's got a lot of sodium.