Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

Arena first always, zRHan and don't look back.

^^^^^^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Sweet Odin in a Crib, I hate trying to 6* Home One. Mace's ship's fighters are such bullshit.

I also need zeta advice. My arena team is:

zCLS (L) (BAT), zzThrawn, zzR2, zHan, Old Ben. My team has been pushed from the 30s into the 50s and I only do the two required matches. My long term goal is to replace Old Ben with GK, so I haven't put much thought into zeta'ing Ben.

I also have zFinn and zKylo. I'm currently working on a Thrawn led empire team of Thrawn, Krennic, DT, ST, and Shore, mostly because I've always been partial to the empire in SW.

Any suggestions?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Zetaing DT wouldn't be the worst idea. OB's taunt also isnt a terrible idea since he will pair nicely w JTR.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MoraleHazard posted:

Sweet Odin in a Crib, I hate trying to 6* Home One. Mace's ship's fighters are such bullshit.

I also need zeta advice. My arena team is:

zCLS (L) (BAT), zzThrawn, zzR2, zHan, Old Ben. My team has been pushed from the 30s into the 50s and I only do the two required matches. My long term goal is to replace Old Ben with GK, so I haven't put much thought into zeta'ing Ben.

I also have zFinn and zKylo. I'm currently working on a Thrawn led empire team of Thrawn, Krennic, DT, ST, and Shore, mostly because I've always been partial to the empire in SW.

Any suggestions?

absolutely zeta old ben's taunt and do all five of your fights every day, preferably in the 2 hours prior to payout, and consider burning a refresh. It's not at all unheard of to ascend into the top 5 from 50's, especially if you have a non US east or GMT payout.

zOld Ben is great for TW's even if you don't want him for your arena team long-term.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

This post is intended for end game content

Territory Wars

Top TW Defense Squads

JTRey, BB8, R2, GK, RT
Asajj, MT, Talia, Daka, Weak Zombie
CLS, Ahsoka, Han, Chaze
KRU, Kylo, FOST, Barriss, FOE
Thrawn, Krennic, DT, Storm, Shore
Maul, Savage, ST, SA, Sid
Hera, Zeb, Kanan, Chopper, Ezra

TW Meta Counter Squads

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Been locked into another guild for a bit, any spots in QGJ? code 596-941-383

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Fulcrum Ashoka or OG Ashoka (lol I know the answer.)

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Fulcrum Ashoka or OG Ashoka (lol I know the answer.)

I'm confident that anyone looking at that team comp knows the answer.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

texting my ex posted:

Been locked into another guild for a bit, any spots in QGJ? code 596-941-383

Faith, get thee in discord gentle sire.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
SM folks: no idea why, but we're somehow competitive in this TW despite the massive GP gap. If you haven't got your fights in, now's the time.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Okay, we all whined when zone 1 looked hard...

but I think our "X people hold back arena-grade teams" plan seems to have loving worked.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Malgrin posted:

JTRey, BB8, R2, GK, RT
Asajj, MT, Talia, Daka, Weak Zombie
CLS, Ahsoka, Han, Chaze
KRU, Kylo, FOST, Barriss, FOE
Thrawn, Krennic, DT, Storm, Shore
Maul, Savage, ST, SA, Sid
Hera, Zeb, Kanan, Chopper, Ezra

Also, all of these teams have a lot of substitutions. Chopper, OB, and SRey all work very well with JTRey. Acolyte, GK, and Barriss are great with Asajj. CHS, SRP, and OB are great with CLS. You can run Dooku and DN with Maul (although DN is best saved for offense).

Additionally, we have been using the following layout:

We run CLS in sectors 3 and 4. They require very specific counters, and if you line them all up like that, people are likely to make mistakes trying to clear through them, leading to TM gain and an unstoppable wall. My zzzCLS, CHS, Chaze, zHan (raid) comp soaked up about 12 comps. First about 7-8 with the full comp, then Baze went down (which was accomplished by killing Baze, then letting the game time out), then everyone but CLS went down, and then I'm guessing they kept sending weak squads to take out CLS and failing. It was at least 12 tries in all. Running CHS and Chaze just creates a ridiculous amount of healing (with a revive) that is just stupid to deal with. If I was going to make a sub in that comp, it would probably be OB + SRP for Chaze. Could also consider OB + STH, but, I don't think that would work as well. Making Han, CLS, and CHS hard to hit is the plan.
Anyways, a lot of people go for our slightly easier #10, using good resources on 6, 8, 9, and 10, which change week to week. This week we had Zaul, zThrawn, Phoenix, and FO comps.
5 and 7 are our last line of defense, and as such we run our best NS comps in one, and RJT comps in the other. This makes it really hard for any team to clear more than 1 or 2 full walls.
I'm not saying we should adopt this strategy for a 100mil guild, but I think putting all of our CLS in one line will give us an edge -- I would suggest bottom line actually because they are likely to work extra hard to get to ships regardless of what you put there. I would put all the CLS squads in 7 and 8, and then the next best 50 squads in 3 and 4. This will use up a lot of their resources fighting to get to ships, and they might just give up on the bottom back wall. Alt strategy would be to put CLS squads in 5 and 7.
From there, I would sprinkle in quality squads in all of the other territories, with fill behind them. This will guarantee the use of some good squads throughout the TW, making it a little bit harder when they hit the CLS squads. We want them to have burned some of their best squads before they get to CLS so that there's a greater chance they'll make mistakes and leave a CLS squad with TM, because that's when they become insanely hard.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 23, 2018

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

fishtobaskets posted:

Faith, get thee in discord gentle sire.

I'm dumb but there's no link / name of your discord chat in OP, link or spreadsheet?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

texting my ex posted:

I'm dumb but there's no link / name of your discord chat in OP, link or spreadsheet?

it's in the spreadsheet.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
So Rose and Hondo is added to the game.

I honestly didn't even know who Hondo was until i saw her picture on that page. Are there really no other more interesting characters they could have added?
Also Hondo is apparently game-breakingly good (Im not good at parsing such things)

In more positive news, Kylo Ren Unmasked AND his ship is added to Cantina 3-F, which is uncharacteristically generous. (FO Tie SF pilot + ship is added to guild store which isnt half bad either)

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
HOLDO

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Ineptitude posted:

So Rose and Hondo is added to the game.

I honestly didn't even know who Hondo was until i saw her picture on that page. Are there really no other more interesting characters they could have added?
Also Hondo is apparently game-breakingly good (Im not good at parsing such things)

In more positive news, Kylo Ren Unmasked AND his ship is added to Cantina 3-F, which is uncharacteristically generous. (FO Tie SF pilot + ship is added to guild store which isnt half bad either)

First off, it’s Holdo. Hondo is a totally different character from Clone Wars and Rebels, and some people have wanted him for a while, so it’s not nice to tease like that.

Second, Holdo was a major character in the most recent movie, so it’s on you for not knowing who she is, and does not mean they’ve run out of characters. And I’m guessing this will build up to the Raddus being a new capital ship at some point, with her as the commander. So this makes a ton of sense.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I just noticed Ackbar had that ship rechristened the Raddus in honor of the fleet commander at the battle of Scarif. Pourin one out for his boy :unsmith:

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm looking for weird but effective teams that can be farmed on an FTP account for my alt account, like Nute as leader or Geonosians + Poe. Can anyone help me out with suggestions or links to suggestions?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

tadashi posted:

I'm looking for weird but effective teams that can be farmed on an FTP account for my alt account, like Nute as leader or Geonosians + Poe. Can anyone help me out with suggestions or links to suggestions?

Nute, Zombie, Acolyte, Leia, +1

Save crystals to unlock zombie (she's in shipments now), and the rest are FTP. Geo Spy prolly best for 5th, but not at all necessary. Just fill with literally loving anything. Every fight will come down to whether or not your opponent has enough AoE to kill acolyte.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jan 26, 2018

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
So who is worth farming / spending crystals on? Talzin? Kylo Unmasked? new Tie dude?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

WerrWaaa posted:

So who is worth farming / spending crystals on? Talzin? Kylo Unmasked? new Tie dude?

deffo farm KRU + TIE silencer from Cantina 3-F

Also, think about using crystals to star up Talzin.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea my cantina farming moved from Hoth Han to UKR because its to efficient. I'm kinda sad we're not getting the Raddus with Holdo, but maybe in the future?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

twistedmentat posted:

Yea my cantina farming moved from Hoth Han to UKR because its to efficient. I'm kinda sad we're not getting the Raddus with Holdo, but maybe in the future?

I'm assuming that'll be the case, yeah. Didn't we get Thrawn before his ship? Also, then they can sell more Holdo packs when the Raddus comes out.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

thrawn527 posted:

First off, it’s Holdo. Hondo is a totally different character from Clone Wars and Rebels, and some people have wanted him for a while, so it’s not nice to tease like that.

Second, Holdo was a major character in the most recent movie, so it’s on you for not knowing who she is, and does not mean they’ve run out of characters. And I’m guessing this will build up to the Raddus being a new capital ship at some point, with her as the commander. So this makes a ton of sense.

I meant to type hoLdo, i had no idea there was a character called hoNdo.

I have seen the movie but i guess i didn't care enough about the character to remember her name

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
She was my fav character for TLJ :(

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

She did probably the most bad-rear end thing in canon Star Wars.... :colbert:

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ineptitude posted:

i had no idea there was a character called hoNdo.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I think they should add John Wayne's Hondo to the game, it'd be a good troll.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Who should I spend my next zeta on? I've got CLS's IBAT, R2's Number crunch, RHan's double tap, zFinn, and Zader.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Canemacar posted:

Who should I spend my next zeta on? I've got CLS's IBAT, R2's Number crunch, RHan's double tap, zFinn, and Zader.

CLS Leader or save up for nightsister zetas. You need like 4.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Chilichimp posted:

deffo farm KRU + TIE silencer from Cantina 3-F

Also, think about using crystals to star up Talzin.

Is 3-f worth prioritizing over VHan/VChewie? I've farmed both to 5* and change so far but it's agony.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Zachack posted:

Is 3-f worth prioritizing over VHan/VChewie? I've farmed both to 5* and change so far but it's agony.

I had this same issue but it comes down to what you need right now.

If your main Arena team is FO, or you need FO to get BB8, or if you need more ships, work on 3-F.

If you already have a 7* FO team for BB8 and enough ships to place decent in Fleet Arena and get your zetas, work on Veterans for JTR.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Eddain posted:

I had this same issue but it comes down to what you need right now.

If your main Arena team is FO, or you need FO to get BB8, or if you need more ships, work on 3-F.

If you already have a 7* FO team for BB8 and enough ships to place decent in Fleet Arena and get your zetas, work on Veterans for JTR.

Fair enough, I already have BB8 and now have a 7* Home One and Chimera (tend to hover in the low sub-200 on one fight per day).

I use all my ship coins on trying to 7* all my ships and buy the Ahoska Fulcrum and Grevious shards when they pop, though (and comedy geno spy).

PeterMayle
Sep 4, 2006
I just added myself to the guild spreadsheet, invite please.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

PeterMayle posted:

I just added myself to the guild spreadsheet, invite please.

Hop in discord, the link is in the sheet i believe.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

So a coworker of mine poked me into finally trying this thing out. Appreciate the OP advice especially on what heroes to grind for first. I did notice it says "Additionally, you don't need to level very many leader abilities -- see the leader section for more info on that" and then I scrolled down and didn't find a leader section. I'm not clear on how you set up who your leader is for the ally screens, though it's moot since I barely have any leaders just starting out anyway. Can you give some advice on what to look into for non-endgame use? I'm not gonna sweat the long term too much since if it's like most of these games I'll tire of it before it matters.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CrashCat posted:

I'm not clear on how you set up who your leader is for the ally screens, though it's moot since I barely have any leaders just starting out anyway.

It uses the leader that you set for the last battle you had for that appropriate mode (Cantina, Light Side, Dark Side).

Send me an ally invite so you can use my leaders to help you get through missions (821-424-739)

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

CrashCat posted:

So a coworker of mine poked me into finally trying this thing out. Appreciate the OP advice especially on what heroes to grind for first. I did notice it says "Additionally, you don't need to level very many leader abilities -- see the leader section for more info on that" and then I scrolled down and didn't find a leader section. I'm not clear on how you set up who your leader is for the ally screens, though it's moot since I barely have any leaders just starting out anyway. Can you give some advice on what to look into for non-endgame use? I'm not gonna sweat the long term too much since if it's like most of these games I'll tire of it before it matters.

Leader abilities you should probably level early on:

Hera, Lando, Boba Fett, maaaaaaaybe Tarkin.

The rest you shouldn’t sweat until level 60 at least.

(Also, while the OP guide is good, if you think you’ll have he ability to get 5 Rebels to 5* inside of two weeks (any 5 Rebels that are part of the guide, so Phoenix people, Biggs, Lando, STHan, whatever), you should rearrange your early farms and DO IT.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What Zeta should I get for CLS, Rebel Manuever/Learn Control/It Binds All Things?