Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [24F] boyfriend [25M] has become increasingly obsessed with hentaiDating
submitted an hour ago by HelpMeSenpais

I initially read that as "hentaiDating," the world's worst dating site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

I initially read that as "hentaiDating," the world's worst dating site

I read it as that too but thought she was talking about those dating sims

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My [49 M] wife [49 F] has been getting angry at me for peeing standing up, and now literally glued down the toilet seat. I have important guests coming over and don't know what to tell them

quote:

A few months ago, I left my full time work and have been working as a consultant from home. We live in a decent sized flat with two spare rooms, and so I'm using one as a study/workspace. The nature of my work means that I am able to do most of it form a desk, occasionally visiting clients.

Ever since I started working from home, my wife has been getting more and more insistent that I use the toilet sitting down. I know it's a bit out there, but it really matters to her. At first I left the seat up, and that caused a small argument, which I dealt with calmly and haven't done that since. But then she asked me to only use the loo seated myself, which I really didn't want to do. Eventually I said that I would, and have mostly, even when it wasn't necessary, if you see what I mean.

Yesterday I didn't and my wife heard me, which led to an argument. She said she'd heard me several times before too - this is quite likely, as I sometimes either forget or just get on with it standing for convenience. She's also in the flat most of the day so if it does make a different noise then she'd know. The argument got heated, and I ended up saying I wouldn't be sitting at all any more, which to be honest is then and now what I do think about the whole situation.

Today after coming back from a client, I lifted the seat and found it wouldn't move - the seat had been glued to the porcelain. I asked my wife if she'd had done that, which obviously she had - we started an argument but she left the flat.

So now I'm on my own in the flat with a glued down seat. I've tried pulling it, but I suspect that she's used superglue, or something strong. I can probably try cutting the rubber feet off, but it'll take a while and I can see glue on the hinges too.

Another detail is that on Monday I'm having my first 'in house' meeting with a client. She knows this is a big deal for me, and now I've got to work out what to do about this rather than preparing my pitch.

Right now I completely feel like she's to blame, but I also want to sort this out and get our relationship back to normal. Usually when we have arguments they're only verbal. This is the first time there's been an actual object to deal with. It feels much more permanent.

And more immediately, how do I sort the toilet? I've only got a weekend to deal with this.

So I'm venting at anonymous people to release steam right now.

tl;dr: My wife has glued down the only toilet seat in the flat. I've got clients coming over after the weekend. How do I sort this out practically and relationship wise.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [49 M] wife [49 F] has been getting angry at me for peeing standing up, and now literally glued down the toilet seat. I have important guests coming over and don't know what to tell them

Start pissing in the sink.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Barudak posted:

A Always B Be C Cranking

Put that hand lotion down.

Lotion is for crankers only. Do you think I'm loving with you? I am not loving with you. I'm here from Downtown. I'm here from Mitch & Murray.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

La Brea Carpet posted:

Setting aside how batshit crazy it is, that's also super gross because how you gonna clean the underside of the seat from the splashin.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants

La Brea Carpet posted:

Is this a fetish thing? :psyduck:

The_end
May 17, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

Piss in the loving sink like a normal man.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

tactlessbastard posted:

Start pissing in the sink.

:bisonyes:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

La Brea Carpet posted:

I'm seriously curious what her reasoning is here

like, why be the peepee police, why does she care how he pees

Is it a politics thing somehow??

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

loquacius posted:

lol basically every comment is telling her to :therapy:
Except for:

quote:

Are you a Taurus, I come up with the meanest most hilarious insults too

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

La Brea Carpet posted:

unless she cuts his dick off, nothing is really stopping him from peeing standing up with the seat down.

Improve your aim.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Halser posted:

unless she cuts his dick off, nothing is really stopping him from peeing standing up with the seat down.

Improve your aim.

This was my first thought. There’s still an opening there! It’s fun. Hell, it’s a challenge. She’s only hurt herself here.

But yes, the sink is always a viable option too.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
It would take a lot of willpower for me to respond to that particular conflict in a civil and productive manner instead of just pissing on the seat.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Halser posted:

Improve your aim.

Better yet, don't improve your aim. She'll find a way to unglue it quick :colbert: Never relent in a piss fight

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
lol at "nuhhhh how do i unfuck this glued toilet seat"

just pry it off, scrape off the glue residue, and install a new seat. no big deal

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I don't think the mechanics of toilet seat replacement are what the OP is worried about

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

La Brea Carpet posted:

The actual solution is for one of them to be out of the house for the majority of the day. Stir crazy is real.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
If he unglued the seat, she gonna superglue his dong his thigh while he sleeps. Hide the glue dude!

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

loquacius posted:

I'm seriously curious what her reasoning is here

like, why be the peepee police, why does she care how he pees

Is it a politics thing somehow??

Maybe he just really sucks at aiming. Like he hits the wall every time or something.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Lesbian Dom Poly time!

Me [29 F] with my gf [27 F] of 1.5yr, I can't stand her kink

quote:

u/throwitawayjkdfshklj
Hi. So, I'm queer in a poly relationship with this amazing babe and it's one of the healthiest/nicest relationships I've been in and now there's this problem and I'm stuck.

She is into kinkier things than me. And that's cool, we are open so she can go elsewhere for that stuff. But for most of our relationship she didn't have much of an outlet for her kinks. Lately, she found this dom (profesh one who's good with boundaries and safety), and now whenever I see her naked she has these giant bruises on her (hidden when she has clothes on). I've never seen bruises this big in person, and it is so hard for me to see them on someone I love. It makes me not want to have sex with her, which really sucks. She's had less than profesh doms before and I've seen her with some marks but they've all been small compared to this, she also did some ropes private lessons which I didn't have any issue with, and we've both been on dates with other folks without issue.

I've talked to her about it, asked if she could get something that doesn't leave marks (like maybe I'm upset because it's a weird territorial thing?) but she has a specific thing for big bruises. It's her body so she can obviously do what she wants. I don't want to stop her from doing something she finds healing/good especially if it's in a safe context (the dom knows about me, I could meet him if I really wanted to).

I've been trying to do my research and talk to her about it. I'm kinda new to dating kinky folks so I asked friends who are more into that stuff and they explained what they get out of it. I've heard a lot from kinky people, but don't know anyone else who is in my situation. I get where she's coming from, but I can't find a compromise where we both feel ok with this set up. She goes more frequently than I'd like, and I mentioned this, but she hasn't offered to go less often (I haven't directly asked if she would go every other week instead of weekly, but I think that's what I'm going to try next but it feels like a stopgap). The only boundary I've managed to set around this was that she'll tell me when she is planning to see her dom and she's been great about that.

I didn't tell her I hated the bruises for a while because I was worried she'd feel self conscious being naked around me (I know it's been an issue for her in previous relationships, and I want to be sensitive to that). I finally had a long talk about how I hate the bruises and how they make me feel. She knew I wasn't fond of them, but it took me a long time to find the words to describe how they make me feel, we just blamed it on 'jealousy' for a while. That was four days ago. She came over yesterday to talk more, and offered to do more nice things for me thinking that I just want more attention (maybe that's part of it?). She's trying hard to ask questions to better understand how I feel, but neither of us are coming up with any solutions.

She didn't spend the night because she wanted to do her taxes in the morning, then texted me this morning about how she slept in. So I feel like taxes was an excuse to not spend the night, and I think it's because she doesn't want to be naked around me now (which is why I didn't want to tell her the bruises upset me in the first place). I responded to her text saying I felt sad and needed some space, she's great and respecting that. We were planning on going to a friend's birthday tomorrow, but I also know she's seeing her dom tonight and that makes me feel not great.

I'm trying to go on dates with other folks but it feels like a coping mechanism. She also has a lot of not good things going on in her personal life and I want to be good and supportive so I feel bad adding this to the pile of things she needs to deal with. She's trying to do more nice things for me, but well.. if I'm turned off whenever I see her naked then I don't know how many free rides/meals are going to even out that feeling :/

So... what can I do? Is there some middle ground boundary I can set? The only option I really feel like I have is to feel crappy about this for now and hope I get used to it (or break it off but, well, I would rather work through this if it's possible.)

tl;dr: My girlfriend likes having big bruises and I hate seeing them and we can't reach a middle ground.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Ghost pepper lady probably shouldn't be chatting up her ex when her boydriend is there, but holy poo poo poisoning someone as a way to get back at them because you are jealous ?

Toilet seat guy should start pissing in his wife's clean laundry to retaliate.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
“Oh, I’m sorry. I thought this was a noise issue and your clothes muffle the sound so effectively.”

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Milotic posted:

Lesbian Dom Poly time!

Me [29 F] with my gf [27 F] of 1.5yr, I can't stand her kink

:stare:
"I find my partner getting the poo poo beat out of them all the time to be a turn off" is a new category of poly problem, at least, so points for originality.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

La Brea Carpet posted:

What the gently caress for; does she like sitting down on cold splashes of pee?

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
I never understood the importance of the toilet seat argument. Also, LOL at detective pee pee listening for the sprinkles so she can bust you stand up pissin'.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

girl pants posted:

I (23f) have a serious aversion to spicy foods. BF(23m) of 7 months put piece of ghost pepper in my drink last night as a "joke." I got deathly ill and he's telling me to "lighten up" and I "deserved it."

talk to your ex? that's a pepperin'.

also where did he get the ghost peps from

She may be a wimp, she may be allergic, but you don't loving put a ghost pepper in the food or drink of someone who never deals with spicy things. Just loving rub reaper peppers on his dick.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

new phone who dis posted:

I never understood the importance of the toilet seat argument. Also, LOL at detective pee pee listening for the sprinkles so she can bust you stand up pissin'.
Apparently my grandpa was adamant that men were not pee loudly in the center of the bowl when there were women present. I don't know the whole story but my dad made a big deal of peeing really loud whenever my grandpa visited. He'd say "you sounded like a horse in there".

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

new phone who dis posted:

She has a giant brain tumor which is pushing the part of her brain that handles poo poo that matters into close proximity with the part of her brain used to sequester memories of terrible stand up routines and stale dad jokes.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Apparently my grandpa was adamant that men were not pee loudly in the center of the bowl when there were women present. I don't know the whole story but my dad made a big deal of peeing really loud whenever my grandpa visited. He'd say "you sounded like a horse in there".

In places where there is communal living, like maybe a barracks or jail or whatever, it's considered bad form to piss loudly because it might disturb other people. I remember this from the movie The Last Emperor because when he got put in jail, they had to have a sit-down with him and tell him not to piss in the middle of the bucket because it was loud and made other people angry.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I think piss lady just wants to emasculate him.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
berth ell piss

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I wish I could have a house rule that everyone has to pee sitting down here but I'd feel weird asking guests to do so. I just have to accept wiping up piss driblets all around the toilet after guys are over. It's not always bad, but men + beers = pissfloor. Even if you have perfect aim though, you will still generate piss-mist. Was on some medication years ago that turned my pee dark orange and after a month it looked like someone had lightly airbrushed the walls around the toilet orange. It went up way higher that I'd expect. I don't want toilet water/piss mist all over the bathroom so we just sit and keep a clean bathroom.

I could see a woman asking her partner to either pee sitting down or aim better if she tends to be the one cleaning the bathroom and he's getting piss all over. If he's mostly incharge of cleaning though, let him pee how he wants so long as he keeps the bathroom piss-free.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
The real problem is guys who don't do a post-piss damage assessment.

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

TheScott2K posted:

The real problem is guys who don't do a post-piss damage assessment.

Step 1) Check for piss on rim
Step 2) Get toilet paper
Step 3) Wipe off piss
Step 4) Flush piss + TP
Step 5) Leave bathroom, toilet seat up if it's daytime, down if nighttime

This is how my husband learned at home with 2 dudes and 2 ladies. I don't even mind cleaning our bathroom.

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

Every single man I have ever lived with has left layers of piss droplets in the bathroom for me to clean up save one. My father. Roommates. Boyfriends. They did not and would not clean it up themselves, and some vociferously denied their own culpability, but I knew. And no, it's not on the seat, these men were not that abominable, it's a fine misting all around the toilet itself on the floor.

One man has not. I married him, and this has prevented me from turning into a seething woman driven to acts of toilet sabotage in a desperate yet futile attempt to not have to mop up yet another grown man's piss leavings.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

if its not on the toilet itself, it doesn't matter :colbert:

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

If I read the word "profesh" one more time I'm going to scream and it was only in that post like three times.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Different people can have vastly different standards for what's clean or what's gross too. In a relationship where one person has vastly lower standards it can create a lot of stress because the civilized person ends up doing all the cleaning while the animal person is constantly confused and annoyed about their neat-freak partner and who cares if the toilet is dirty and there's pubes stuck onto the piss-damp floor, that's normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I just learned to never put the seat up in the first place. It's not hard to aim. That and wiping up any strays leaves a clean toilet and no conflict over the seat position. That way when my father in law leaves the seat up after spraying down the entire bathroom I get none of the blame.