Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

golden bubble posted:

Eagle-Gryphon Games has a new kickstarter, a semi-cooperative game about the French Revolution. Surprisingly, I'm actually turned off the theme. Rescuing innocents during the Reign of Terror is cool, but I have no interest in helping Louis XVII, Dauphin of France. Odds are, even if you do succeed, it just results in an even shorter Bourbon restoration, since I doubt Louis XVII could have ever been as tolerant as Louis XVIII of France.

You find the idea of preventing a 10 year old from dying of pneumonia in prison distasteful?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

You find the idea of preventing a 10 year old from dying of pneumonia in prison distasteful?

Did you find it sad when a 56 year old failed artist shot himself the day after his wedding?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Guy Goodbody posted:

EVERY TURN YOU PLAY DL, HL, GL CARDS FOR YOUR DEPRESION, HORNY LEVEL, AND GENIOUS LEVEL, AND THEN YOUR TOTAL LEVELS ARE THE NUMBERS FROM THE CARDS ALL ADDED UP

THIS IS DL = 6, HL = 3, GL = 4

THEN YOU USE EFFECT CARDS TO STEAL FROM WORK OR BLOW OTHER PEOPLES STUFF AND LEVELS UP. AND YOU CAN DUPSTER DIVE TO GO IN THEDUMP (DISCARD PILE) AND GET STUFF THAT OTHER PEOPLE THREW OUT

YOUR LEVELS HAVE TO BE 6/6/6 TO WIN "COOL"

Okay, but a lot of people play games as an escape. Why would they want to play a game that’s exactly like their real life?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Part of da share z0ne kickstarter is wanting to support the artists involved and get something neat they all worked on.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Arivia posted:

I don’t think you get the idea. No one actually cares about the game being super good. It’s DA SHARE Z0NE. You’re gonna play it and it’ll be fun and you’ll have a good time with your buds. You should play it while wearing sunglasses with flames on the frames and while being polite and respectful to those around you, because that’s a cool thing to do.

Just chill and relax and be cool. It’s really simple at the core.

Haha! Punching each other in balls sure is fun, because we're wearing underwear with (popular thing) on them! Haha!

Cat Face Joe posted:

Part of da share z0ne kickstarter is wanting to support the artists involved and get something neat they all worked on.

Ok, this at least I get. Don't they have a donate link or some poo poo though?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Crackbone posted:

Some people don't feel comfortable literally begging for money?

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Some people don't feel comfortable literally begging for money?

I thought begging for money/patreon was a prerequisite for being internet famous now.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Crackbone posted:

I thought begging for money/patreon was a prerequisite for being internet famous now.

It's the the prerequisite. It's the end game.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Crackbone posted:

I don't feel like managing a dozen patreons or using paypal.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Some people like to support people they like, and get a jokey game out of it.

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
Hey folkies, come to plug my mighty shieldmaiden kickstarter!

Loads of the forum knows me from the Frostgrave stuff *waves*

It's a bloody load of shieldmaidens for dark ages, fantasy and whatever the heck you want to do with it. Some Norse mythology goodies and some Scandinavian animals.....BEAVERS!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1512506318/freyjas-wrath-dark-age-and-fantasy-28mm-shieldmaid

TheDiceBagLady fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jan 25, 2018

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe

TheDiceBagLady posted:

It's a bloody load of shieldmaidens for dark ages, fantasy and whatever the heck you want to do with it. Some Norse mythology goodies and some Scandinavian animals.....BEAVERS!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1512506318/freyjas-wrath-dark-age-and-fantasy-28mm-shieldmaid?ref=creator_nav

Thanks, TGBL! You've saved me minutes (minutes!) of searching on the KS app for your latest project.
The sculpts look really good so far! (Any plans to post teaser outlines for the stretch goals that aren't unlocked yet? Or are those still in the design phase?)

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
European wild cats are awesome. So are beavers, of course.

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

TheDiceBagLady posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1512506318/freyjas-wrath-dark-age-and-fantasy-28mm-shieldmaid?ref=creator_nav

1/72 when?

TheDiceBagLady
Aug 2, 2015

Annie, Owner of Bad Squiddo Games. No longer a Garbage Dick. Buy my things, they're great!
Dr. Gargunza - thank you!

Yep, here's a couple!

and a reminder that I have cool existing minis already in production by the same sculptor which fit with these perfectly, and can be added on (or just bought through the store)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1512506318/freyjas-wrath-dark-age-and-fantasy-28mm-shieldmaid

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Darkest Night Second Edition shipping! Should be getting my copy Saturday. Only a little under a year late mainly due to the minis they didn't need. -sigh-

Oh well. It's still a rad game.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/awakenrealms/nemesis-board-game

Any thoughts on this latest ALL STRETCH GOALZ blockbuster?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Bombadilillo posted:

It doesn't know if it wants to be Alien or Aliens; it has boob windows in space; the stretch goals were either planned by an idiot or are fake (hint: you don't add the mini for an extra character and the components needed to play him separately); it's got what looks like a completely untested expansion; and the designer is Polish.

E: Meanwhile, HATE is down 33% on expected take in the last three days and at the present rate of decline won't make $1m.

Jedit fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Jan 26, 2018

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I pledged for Spirits of the Forest, which has 71 minutes left. Looks fun, and it's fairly cheap.

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...

Bombadilillo posted:

I was a bit put off by the delivery:

* Added on top of pledge
* Delivery in 2019!
* Or you can pay extra and get stuff in two shipments

nonathlon fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jan 26, 2018

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

OgreNoah posted:

I pledged for Spirits of the Forest, which has 71 minutes left. Looks fun, and it's fairly cheap.

Gorgeous art, and a re-theme of a very fun Michael Schacht card game. Yep, yep, yep.

I haven't backed a board game Kickstarter in ages but I was more than happy to get this one.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

outlier posted:

* Added on top of pledge
* Delivery in 2019!

That's just kinda how Kickstarter works these days. People were eating a ton of pretty brutal shipping costs by trying to factor it into the pledge levels, particularly with sharp hikes in international shipment costs, delays and any uncharged multiple shipments.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Yet Gloomhaven still managed to loving nail it? The best kickstarter experience.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

Yet Gloomhaven still managed to loving nail it? The best kickstarter experience.

Isaac just doesn't seem to have cared a huge amount about making money on it. I mean, the original Kickstarter prices were almost half the current MSRP, and it's so full of stuff that even that price is kind of a steal. And don't get me started on how much shipping that 30 lb monster must cost.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
Yeah, don't set your expectations for how much things cost by a project that wasn't out to make money. Most people putting a game on Kickstarter are hoping to make some money, and have invested a great deal of time and some money already. People need to make money if the industry is going to keep growing the way it has.

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

Jedit posted:

It doesn't know if it wants to be Alien or Aliens; it has boob windows in space; the stretch goals were either planned by an idiot or are fake (hint: you don't add the mini for an extra character and the components needed to play him separately); it's got what looks like a completely untested expansion; and the designer is Polish.

They've also done This War of Mine and Lords of Hellas.

outlier posted:

* Added on top of pledge
* Delivery in 2019!

They did that with Lords of Hellas as well - since there are so many minis and they've been doing the "Sundrop" paint (basically a mass production version of primer), they spread out the shipments for some who just want the core game first, as opposed to all at once. For those without it, they're still routing it from production to Poland, to ship out.

Say what you will, but both aforementioned games have done well among the masses, for those that got it. I'm already in for Nemesis.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXyE18UqPj4

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
The pledge manager for Victory Point Games' solitaire board game Nemo's War is up, and can even be used to pre-order by those who didn't catch the Kickstarter.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Ah yes, the guy who threatened to sue RPGNet because members were posting about how he never delivered on printing projects.

Henker
May 5, 2009

I showed my friend the HATE Kickstarter video and subsequent Root parody. I figured we'd share a good laugh, but his response was "if people are getting butthurt and offended over a little swearing, they probably shouldn't venture too far outside of tumblr". Like dude, no one is offended, people are laughing because of the very immature handling of the whole thing.

I think I found HATE's intended audience.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

This made me take a peek at Far West after X months and boy is it just a swirling pit of despair, now. All of the true believer posts are nearly a year old, which makes them almost as old as the last update.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Henker posted:

I showed my friend the HATE Kickstarter video and subsequent Root parody. I figured we'd share a good laugh, but his response was "if people are getting butthurt and offended over a little swearing, they probably shouldn't venture too far outside of tumblr". Like dude, no one is offended, people are laughing because of the very immature handling of the whole thing.

HATE Kicktraq Watch: now trending to below $1.4m. It's quite impressive for the trend to drop by 10% of current funding on the halfway day of your project.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

In already funded news, the Kings of War: Vanguard pledge manager is up, and accepting late backers for the same price, closes Feb 28

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Jedit posted:

HATE Kicktraq Watch: now trending to below $1.4m. It's quite impressive for the trend to drop by 10% of current funding on the halfway day of your project.

What is HATE and how hilariously did they gently caress up, anyway?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mors Rattus posted:

What is HATE and how hilariously did they gently caress up, anyway?

HATE is a game about different barbarian cannibal tribes fighting each other. Which sounds cool, but it's just incredibly juvenile, no humor, one mini has exposed boobs just so they can have exposed boobs in the game, the base price is 120 dollars, and all the tribes look exactly the same and all the minis, even the basic dudes who you get two or three identical sculpts of, have as much detail as a centerpiece Games Workshop model

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Guy Goodbody posted:

HATE is a game about different barbarian cannibal tribes fighting each other. Which sounds cool, but it's just incredibly juvenile, no humor, one mini has exposed boobs just so they can have exposed boobs in the game, the base price is 120 dollars, and all the tribes look exactly the same and all the minis, even the basic dudes who you get two or three identical sculpts of, have as much detail as a centerpiece Games Workshop model

Oh, is that the name of Identical Barbarian Fight Club.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

Oh, is that the name of Identical Barbarian Fight Club.

Would that it had two rules as sensible as "don't talk about it".

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Henker posted:

There's a Root parody? I've gotta see this.

Caedar
Dec 28, 2004

Will do there, buddy.

Henker posted:

As part of Leder Games, I can verify that we weren't butthurt about the swearing. :D

JazzFlight posted:

There's a Root parody? I've gotta see this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ-0Oh0_9so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

so like, did you guys have to pitch-shift the narrator or do you have a Rugrats VA trapped in your basement