Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Not to defend fox sports too much but there is literally no writers for the site. It’s like 3 people who cut videos for their YouTube page.

That isn’t defending their talking heads for not even mentioning it but there aren’t editorials or articles on it because literally no one writing for the site. So it’s not like theres a MSU cover up that I’m aware of.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

soggybagel posted:

Not to defend fox sports too much but there is literally no writers for the site. It’s like 3 people who cut videos for their YouTube page.

That isn’t defending their talking heads for not even mentioning it but there aren’t editorials or articles on it because literally no one writing for the site. So it’s not like theres a MSU cover up that I’m aware of.

Don't they have a contract with MSU?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Dexo posted:

Izzo, and Dantonio would be dumb as poo poo not to resign. Before people dig deeper and get any specifics.

Talk to the school, get whatever money you can from them when voiding the contract and lay low for 2-3 years and get another job somewhere else.

Fighting it never ever ever works.

Actually it's hard as poo poo to fire a coach with cause, especially since proving cause in court would be a Pyrrhic victory for the university, so their best move is to stand firm and either keep their jobs or collect their buyouts. They're both near retirement age anyway.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

GobiasIndustries posted:

Don't they have a contract with MSU?

$150 million.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

The Detroit Free Press needs a new website name

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Detroit Free Press needs a new website name

It's not their fault. Free Republic are the guys who suck.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

soggybagel posted:

Someone was able to search their videos for keywords in the closed captioning and found no mentions of it.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Here's the discussion thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847510

There's no way this scandal ends with Larry Nassar's sentencing.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Kibner posted:

Someone was able to search their videos for keywords in the closed captioning and found no mentions of it.

Which is why I just stated that I’m not defending the video stuff, the talking heads to not talk about. I was strictly speaking in editorial/written stuff. Because they got rid of all their writers. Whitlock, Cowherd, they can all eat poo poo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I would say Fox Sports 1 and 2 as currently constituted were probably wise to stay in their lane as they're really not equipped to discuss a topic of that gravity with any kind of grace. The decisions that got them to that point were pretty bad though.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
What actual sports does FS1 even have the rights to? All I can think of off the top of my head is Big East basketball, non-Cup NASCAR, and a few filler UFC cards a year.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

skaboomizzy posted:

What actual sports does FS1 even have the rights to? All I can think of off the top of my head is Big East basketball, non-Cup NASCAR, and a few filler UFC cards a year.

baseball, big ten/big 12/pac 12 football/basketball

e: oh yeah, they're going to have a good amount of world cup games this year

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 26, 2018

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Bundesliga and the Champions League but they lost the Champions League starting, next year? Two years?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They have a lot more than a few UFC cards a year.

Also, Supercross, home US Soccer games, some MLS, an MLB package

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Also, despite the fact that their off-the-record defense was “we don’t cover gymnastics”, there’s definitely an “Olympics” section of their website.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think I will survive without Jason Whitlock's take on this, thanks

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmao burn msu to the ground https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/956971746414026753

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol gently caress DeVos and Smithers both

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/957259424145596416

Dissolve the NCAA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That was before the Penn State explosion

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski...agenumber%3D688

welp

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Would really like to see the rest of that column? Was this a "Belichick is a loser and also a beta cuck" take? (Before we had words for that, of course)

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

General Dog posted:

Would really like to see the rest of that column? Was this a "Belichick is a loser and also a beta cuck" take? (Before we had words for that, of course)

He was interviewed about that column last year, his basic premise was that Belicheck was too much of a prick to succeed.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

trem_two posted:

He was interviewed about that column last year, his basic premise was that Belicheck was too much of a prick to succeed.

Given that apparently "be a prick" is the key to success in most forms of American endeavor, perhaps this was a miscalculation

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
stay safe on bumble, fam

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

stay safe on bumble, fam

Maybe her and Jack Posobiec can get together

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
She's keeping it tight

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Dejan Bimble posted:

She's keeping it tight

I don't know what this means.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Maybe her and Jack Posobiec can get together

Babies so white, they'd be translucent.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dejan Bimble posted:

She's keeping it tight

Is she gonna get her own MILF Island spinoff?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

If you want to see something funny, McHenry got busted buying most of her followers.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/01/27/technology/social-media-bots.html

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
oh word the lady most famous for yelling at a tow company employee didn't actually have half a million people following her????

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

another writer leaves that weirdo pittsburgh sports site

https://twitter.com/MattGajtka/status/958067659031109633

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’d be shocked if he doesn’t end up the Pirates beat dude for the Athletic

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Hopefully everyone jumps that sinking ship, it would be nice for an rear end in a top hat boss to actually get their comeuppance for a change

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

AsInHowe posted:

stay safe on bumble, fam

who also what

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

haha same question asked in both threads simultaneously. Like MV said up north, woman mostly famous for yelling at a tow truck employee.

EvanTH posted:

probably NSFW because it's a liveleak video and their related videos will be hosed up, but here's the video where McHenry letting everyone know who she is:
https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9d1_1429192014

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
what is a bumble

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

GobiasIndustries posted:

what is a bumble

Tinder but women have to message first and matches expire if no conversation starts in 24 hours

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

EvanTH posted:

haha same question asked in both threads simultaneously. Like MV said up north, woman mostly famous for yelling at a tow truck employee.

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

EvanTH posted:

I always forget there's two of these threads, thanks pal