Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Build-wise you just go full tank. Look at your laner, figure out what kind of damage they do, and buy either Sunfire (physical) or Visage (magic). A good habit I feel is to buy the tank boots of whatever you feel you need to itemize for later compared to/opposite of who you're laning against, with exceptions. Obviously don't buy Merc Treads if they've got a full AD comp like a bunch of dingdongs, but it can at least give you some passable MR if your Lux went 0/5 against a Xerath or something.

You'll want to buy Warmogs at some point. Likely second or third item. If you're really good between Grasp/Overgrowth/Sion's W you should have 2700 HP by the time you finish it after whatever you went first (Visage or Sunfire), from there, itemize for your opponent. Your magic-spammers de jour (Ryze, Cassio, also it works with Azir I think?) get Adaptive Helm, your auto-attack nightmares (Trynd, Yi, most Marksmen) get Thornmail. If you need a little bit of everything don't be afraid to grab Stoneplate because your CC combo of R/Q/E (not always in that order) is more important than you actually doing damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://plays.tv/video/5a6a9f6272cf8656ba/anivia

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

miss fortune....

hello

see you made it weird

I posted first. If anyone made it weird, it's you. But we're just two strangers who love titties, talking about how great a cartoon pirate's titties are. There's nothing weird about that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What items do I want? I assume shield start with either E or W depending on which build I went with

E hey someone responded

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

Ahahahaha, the question mark in chat. I forgive your really boring posts about your fake online game celebrity.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

What items do I want? I assume shield start with either E or W depending on which build I went with

E hey someone responded

Start is either D.Shield + Pots or Corrupting Potion, depending on how you feel.

Skill order is kinda player dependent. Only thing you don't do is max W first, but Q>E>W, Q>W>E, E>Q>W, E>W>Q are all viable. I prefer max Q into W shield for brawling, but fiddle around with it, it's not set in stone.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yikes

strong bird
May 12, 2009

e: Orn is pretty good, very satisfying ultimate

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

strong bird posted:

e: Orn is pretty good, very satisfying ultimate

Yeah, i want to try him, his ult reminds me a lot of Kunkka's, and the captain was one of my favorite heroes.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ornn has probably the game's strongest initiation tool, but he's weirdly team dependent in that his followup initiation's kinda garbage unless the enemy's stacked up next to a wall. You really need a comp that can make the initiation stick afterwards or else he's relatively easy to disengage.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

i thought you were in diamond or whatever

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
Now with 22% more apathy!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

anyway i played my daily bot game for my first win. held my own p well 2v1 in bot lane, went 4/4/something. hit level 18, cracked a capsule for 2 (two) shards!!!! which i didnt know was possible

i immediately disenchanted one because i already have xin zhao but hey man whatever now ive got enough to get sion if i want

what lane do people play sion in anyway

Once you hit level 30 every level capsule gives either 810, 900, 960 or 1260 worth of BE.
810/900 typically being multiple low level shards and 960/1260 a single 4800/6300 shard.

For pre-30 levelling there's a set drop table:
https://boards.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/c/developer-corner/hAaYMrEs-leveling-and-rewards-early-impressions-and-adjustments

Sion is a classic tank top and a very small number of people play him successfully as support.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Nightgull posted:

This, but unironically.

The new Miss Fortune splashes are sexy as heck. Rawr.

miss fortune miss fortune miss fortune

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Luna luna luna can't you see sometimes your posts just hypnotise me

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

alright, who put lsd in the water?

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005

Small indie company need to step up their layout game (or not display clubtag in loading screen).

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
new mf splash screens are poo poo, road warrior is awful

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

iSurrender posted:

Small indie company need to step up their layout game (or not display clubtag in loading screen).

just when you thought barcode usernames were annoying enough

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kitfox88 posted:

new mf splash screens are poo poo, road warrior is awful

Agreed

iSurrender
Aug 25, 2005
I think the new MF splashes are all going somewhere better but were released in an unfinished state.

(It's mainly the face that's borked in all of them.)

iSurrender fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jan 26, 2018

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

iSurrender posted:

When he bloodboils himself it also autocasts on his closest ally.

Ya I know but normally if you are playing Azir you will not be frontlining alongside a Nunu so the w gets wasted on Orn or Braum whoever else is frontlining with him.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
My client's updating. Did they drop a hotfix or something?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Aumanor posted:

My client's updating. Did they drop a hotfix or something?

Yeah Nunu got hotfix nerfed yet again.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

njsykora posted:

Yeah Nunu got hotfix nerfed yet again.

Death to Uncle Rito

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

iSurrender posted:

Guardian of the loading screen borders kha'zix is a little worse because that's not even user entry.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

I reported a guy named 'N**GER JIM' a while ago and I've been checking in every once in a while on stats websites and it looks like hes been renamed or chose to be renamed 'I am a Bigot' but it did take like 2 weeks. I guess they have a lot of reports to sort though and I guess mechanically preventing people from being named NIG**R JIM is too much work

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi

strong bird posted:

I reported a guy named 'N**GER JIM' a while ago and I've been checking in every once in a while on stats websites and it looks like hes been renamed or chose to be renamed 'I am a Bigot' but it did take like 2 weeks. I guess they have a lot of reports to sort though and I guess mechanically preventing people from being named NIG**R JIM is too much work

It's a character from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, who was notedly anti racist. Not necessarily a slur.

Edit: wrong book.

Nightgull fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 26, 2018

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
~annyeonghaseyo, ladies~

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Nightgull posted:

It's a character from The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain, who was notedly anti racist. Not necessarily a slur.

Edit: wrong book.

Anyone who has actually read the Adventures of Huckleberry Finn would not actually name themselves that in an online game well known for having toxic players.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Hold on now... let’s not judge until we’ve walked a mile in NIBBER HATER’s shoes

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I’m permabanned summoner nibberhater58 and

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fatal oopsie-daisy posted:

I’m permabanned summoner nibberhater58 and

there are people on the internet today that were Not alive, when that original post was made.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I played Rakan and Xayah for the first time yesterday, both on ARAM.

Rakan is very much my kind of support. Got an A+.

On Xayah I had four kills before my first death, at which point I realized I neglected to buy items. Ended 14/6/21 and got a B+.

Camel Camus
Jun 16, 2009

Mais, non, je suis fantastique!

eatenmyeyes posted:

I played Rakan and Xayah for the first time yesterday, both on ARAM.

Rakan is very much my kind of support. Got an A+.

On Xayah I had four kills before my first death, at which point I realized I neglected to buy items. Ended 14/6/21 and got a B+.

You shoulda tried him before the patch. The changes to support really left him hurting. His whacky rear end initiation with talisman was a lot of fun and his early game is much weaker now. His win rate took a couple points of a drop because of it. Too bad, he's still fun as hell just kind of overwhelmed by other supports right now. I think the only ones with lower % wins are like lux and Annie.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

pog boyfriend posted:

there are people on the internet today that were Not alive, when that original post was made.

And they're feeding in my ranked games!

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Luna Was Here posted:

And they're feeding in my ranked games!

stop being toxic everyone has off games

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have failed leg day because the Long Bar that usually turns the Bowflex knockoff thing in my pull Jim into a squat Bar is missing and so I fear I am doomed to become Paul Ryan if it says tell me anything the one thing I have learned from this experience is that I should have clapped we all should have clapped he tried to warn us why didn't we clap LOL nothing matters Trump

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what's the deal with 2D cat anyway I like how do you get accidentally mistaken as a billionaire and if it's not mistake then surely there must be some sort of burden of proof or standard of measure like for example you having at least 1 billion dollars or if not dollars in at least 1 billion something's like pebbles are grains of sand or Zimbabwe dollars or f**** to give and if I know anything it's that there is a huge deficit of fox in night crew

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also please stop torturing my homosexuality already asked you twice but like for real dude it's not normal for it to scream usually my home sexuality is quiet and content with itself and everything around him his name is Fred and he doesn't bother anyone and no one bothers him and he likes looking at Dicks and there's nothing wrong with that you should respectable like right now because of something you are doing is screaming and it's all your fault or I have to report you to the corn police

E, mods please move this post in the previous two posts to the Trump threads thanks in advance sorry for posting the wrong thread love you