Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

i accidentally sorted my inventory the other day and it too 10 mins to put it back the way it was :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Thundarr posted:

Poetics feed my gardening habits so I'll take what I can get.

The war changes are interesting but other than AoE spamming and extra spicy Trick Attack windows I'm not sure it's going to change their overall dps much?

Apparently the preliminary math is that it's a slight dps gain in a dummy scenario but gains a lot less from party buffs than current WAR.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

While we're talking about inventory changes, is there a reason why the Currencies tab doesn't include all the random trial/raid/beast tribe-specific currencies you receive?

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

SettingSun posted:

200 Poetics, 100 Creation, 50 Mendacity would do it.

200/200/100, and a couple cracked clusters. Alliance Raid rewards clusters for job in need all the time, can be effectively 200 poetics since the instance is worth 100 before roulette and newbie bonus, 100 creation if it rolls Rabanastre starting Tuesday, and 50 of the current tomestone daily. Considering how awful praetorium is, making it better on the current tomestone sounds good.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 26, 2018

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Captain Oblivious posted:

I don't think he's saying it should be removed, but rather that it should be buffed when it's so unambiguously worthless.

Yeah. I get that its technically a DPS gain to use on 2+ targets as it is offglobal, but it gobbles up so much MP. I'd rather just use more Abyssal Drains on giant pulls for the healing, and its a complete waste on bosses.

Move looks cool, its just real bad.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

Can't believe the 4 people who were running the MSQ roulette are going to have to stop now.

It gives good XP. Only reason Ive been running it lately.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
So any early math saying if the blm changes accomplishes anything?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
oof. these warrior changes are brutal. i think s-e has somehow managed to create a patch that pisses off all three tank jobs, though balance is probably in a better place than it used to be.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
I'm excited for the chocobo saddle bags the most this patch

But also I'm a monk player and I'm super happy with the those changes, WAR less so but eh still the most fun tank class.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Rosalind posted:

While we're talking about inventory changes, is there a reason why the Currencies tab doesn't include all the random trial/raid/beast tribe-specific currencies you receive?
It does include the beast tribe currencies. Otherwise, yeah I agree, imo the more things we can shove in there the better.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

Martman posted:

It does include the beast tribe currencies. Otherwise, yeah I agree, imo the more things we can shove in there the better.

Huh why do I have all these like "titan something-or-other shards" that say they're for the kobolds in my inventory then?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rosalind posted:

Huh why do I have all these like "titan something-or-other shards" that say they're for the kobolds in my inventory then?

Those aren't currency, they're turn-in items for certain specific FATE beast tribe quests.

Rosalind
Apr 30, 2013

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Those aren't currency, they're turn-in items for certain specific FATE beast tribe quests.

Ahahaha I'm an idiot

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

On the bright side, the PLD nerf basically isn't.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I don't really like the BLM changes - at the very, very least they could have maintained symmetry by also bringing Blizzard 4 up to 280. Still, 8 second transpose will be a godsend and the longer-cooking Thundercloud is nice.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I'm ok with the WAR changes because I'm easily amused by lots of !! in my damage numbers :v:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

As someone who never enjoyed paying close attention to CD windows or resource gauges.......I like the war changes. Sorry. I’m sorry. They did this for people like me

That said I still more or less agree with you guys; people like me already had drk to button mash with, but now we have another brain dead tank and people who want something that rewards higher skill have nothing. So morally, I’m on your side, but I am still going to play warrior now and enjoy it

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
So who exactly is the target audience for the new level 70 roulette?

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Rainuwastaken posted:

So who exactly is the target audience for the new level 70 roulette?

Level 70 characters who like collecting tomestones.

Edit: It's literally the same scheme from before SB. EXDR is the roulette for the newest released dungeons. 70DR will be the max level, but not current, dungeons just like 60DR was.

SettingSun fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 26, 2018

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Reiterpallasch posted:

oof. these warrior changes are brutal. i think s-e has somehow managed to create a patch that pisses off all three tank jobs, though balance is probably in a better place than it used to be.
Any PLD main who is whining has some real issues given it is, at worse, something like a ~2% damage decrease with no fundamental rotation or utility changes.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dukka posted:

Any PLD main who is whining has some real issues given it is, at worse, something like a ~2% damage decrease with no fundamental rotation or utility changes.

My only issue is that I wish they'd have hit something else other than Holy Spirit. Req-HS spam is when I get to do my big numbers, don't make it less exciting!

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

As someone who never enjoyed paying close attention to CD windows or resource gauges.......I like the war changes. Sorry. I’m sorry. They did this for people like me

That said I still more or less agree with you guys; people like me already had drk to button mash with, but now we have another brain dead tank and people who want something that rewards higher skill have nothing. So morally, I’m on your side, but I am still going to play warrior now and enjoy it

Same.

It's me. I'm the brain dead player they're doing this for.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

Dukka posted:

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

>Players will no longer be inflicted with the Heavy status effect when taking damage from behind while mounted.

Best patch.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Wasn’t there a point, around the HW launch I think, where Yoship said he wanted to make traveling even more dangerous? I’m glad they never did that

slev
Apr 6, 2009

That MSQ roulette change is the laziest poo poo

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Remilia posted:

It's me. I'm the brain dead player they're doing this for.
:same:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

slev posted:

That MSQ roulette change is the laziest poo poo

I suspect that changing those two into what they should always have been (a huge solo instance) would probably mean we get one less new dungeon or trial or more that patch. This change is kind of lazy but it does directly address one of the oldest gripes about the game without eating up a lot of dev time.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

Wasn’t there a point, around the HW launch I think, where Yoship said he wanted to make traveling even more dangerous? I’m glad they never did that

If the previews are anything to go by, Eureka will fulfill that wish for him. The most recent thing I read about it is that monsters in the field don't lose aggro.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

So any early math saying if the blm changes accomplishes anything?

Purely from the Fire IV changes, I'd say it works out to maybe a 3.5% DPS buff. Looking at one of my latest NED kills, Fire 4 is a bit under half my damage, and it's a bit over a 7% potency buff.

The Thundercloud/Firestarter changes are really nice. I don't think they'll increase peak DPS by much but they should make it easier to do good numbers. I'm just not sure if it's enough.

vOv fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 26, 2018

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

some people like to look good in the class they play and be op :shrug:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I do like those monk changes. I always thought it was a stupid long time for Perfect Balance considering samurai get the exact same kind of ability which gave them incredible burst potential.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

As a Monk player who never does MSQ roulette and has two1.5 retainers about to be freed up by the glamour wardrobe/saddlebags, I am 100% hype for Tuesday.

I am the golden child of this patch.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

As a Monk player who never does MSQ roulette and has two1.5 retainers about to be freed up by the glamour wardrobe/saddlebags, I am 100% hype for Tuesday.

I am the golden child of this patch.

same, but adding WAR & WHM. Can't believe the thing I'm looking forward to most is managing my inventory immediately post-patch

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Ainsley McTree posted:

This what eureka is for. To sequester all of the "immersion"

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Thundarr posted:

I suspect that changing those two into what they should always have been (a huge solo instance) would probably mean we get one less new dungeon or trial or more that patch. This change is kind of lazy but it does directly address one of the oldest gripes about the game without eating up a lot of dev time.

The issue is that, at least on the Western servers, it's going to replace one problem with another. Instead of new players seeing a bunch of contextless cutscenes back-to-back as everyone finishes the dungeon well ahead of them, they'll merely be unable to actually get into the loving dungeon at all. MSQ roulette was already one of the least-run roulettes, and I can't even begin to imagine how long the queues are going to be after the change, especially for people leveling up a DPS character.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Holyshoot posted:

some people like to look good in the class they play and be op :shrug:

Hello my name is EponymousMrYar and I'm glad to be here at this meeting of PLDaholics Anonymous. I have a problem. I like saying 'gently caress your mechanics' to bosses with my two super CD's and I suck at using Inner Beast for mitigation despite being able to use Sheltron and SAM's Third Eye to do the same thing with little issue.

Also: PLD's Rule, WAR's drool.

SKULL.GIF posted:

My only issue is that I wish they'd have hit something else other than Holy Spirit. Req-HS spam is when I get to do my big numbers, don't make it less exciting!

It is literally (20/400 = 1/20 =) 5% (Edit: :argh: DECIMALS :argh:) less exciting than before. That's still pretty darn exciting.

Another underappreciated thing for the patch: It seems the Gold Saucer is going to absolutely poo poo MGP now with all of the changes to GATE's and the new fashion thing awarding 10k base per week.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jan 26, 2018

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

EponymousMrYar posted:

(20/400 = 1/20 =) 0.05%

:thunk:

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Goodbye mindless fel cleave spam :smith:

Hello new best pal perfect balance :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Mazed posted:

Goodbye mindless fel cleave spam :smith:

Hello new best pal perfect balance :unsmith:

Unless I’m missing something, fel cleave spam is even more mindless now?