Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

Concurred posted:

The dirt bikes and crates are the most fun parts of this game. High octane action

this guy gets it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
also kneee capping dudes who are high stepping their way out of the blue

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i once had a game where we got three crates (we were off in some random corner of the map and they all happened to be dropped there over the course of the game) and got sniped from a mile away after looting the last one and moving towards the circle.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Interesting post from the developers. This is what they think is wrong and are working to fix. Ping lock is no-where on the list.

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/172144-known-issues-updated-01262018/

quote:

Scheduled To Be Fixed

These issues have been already resolved internally. They will be applied in the next live server patch.

The compass UI wobbling when parachuting straight down
Dying from falling when vaulting and climbing in the water
Delay between reload and the first shot
The adjusted zoom level in 8x scope resets after changing into another weapon
When the character opens the door while sitting down, the door opens as the character stands up instead of opening immediately
When player changes the seat while the motorcycle is in the air, it stops and sinks to the ground
0x magnification scopes are intermittently pixelated
Some in-game texts are missing or misaligned
After reconnecting to the game, the camera direction of ADS FPP goes off intermittently

Under Investigation / Fix In Progress
These are issues that are under investigation or in the process of being resolved.

Random overturning of motorcycles
Two players getting stuck in the door
When reporting through replay, sometimes the name is wrong or even invisible
Long Leather Boots (Brown) do not have spikes in the game
4x scope's aim point shows in red instead of blue in colorblind mode
Friends list does not function normally
“Reconnect” button does not show when trying to rejoin the game after being disconnected from a custom match
After reconnecting to a DUO/SQUAD game, team members cannot distinguish or revive each other
After reconnecting to a DUO/SQUAD game, team members’ markers on the map are different from their actual locations
After reconnecting to a DUO/SQUAD game, team members’ HP indicators on the lower left appear full and do not change

Need To Be Reported
These are comparatively rare issues that require individual resolution. If you are experiencing one of these issues, please contact customer support.

In the main menu, the BP appears as N/A and there is a message that says match making failed
Please contact customer support with screenshots of your main menu. The issue is due to an issue with inventory information
BP appears as "-"
Sometimes when the server is unstable, actions that consume BP such as character customization are made multiple times in a series, consuming a large amount of BP at the same time. Please take a screenshot of your main menu and contact customer support
When trying to reconnect to the game after disconnecting, “Reconnect” button isn’t there.
If you see an error message in the lower part of the main menu, please contact customer support with a screenshot.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo
The VW van might be acceptable if it could climb a steep grade road. As it is, it has no equivalent in Erangel and is just needlessly lovely.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

daslog posted:

Interesting post from the developers. This is what they think is wrong and are working to fix. Ping lock is no-where on the list.

https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/topic/172144-known-issues-updated-01262018/

That looks like a bug list and not a new feature list so it isn't shocking that things like ping lock or a new map aren't on there

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
Yea, ping-lock isn't something "wrong" with the actual game. Those are just lists of bugs.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the vw bus should drift the right slightly and require constant attention

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

Arkangelus posted:

Is there an easy way to distinguish whether footsteps are above or below you?
Just tilt your head to the side using Q or E and listen! (no idea if that actually works but it'd be cool if it did)

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Trabisnikof posted:

That looks like a bug list and not a new feature list so it isn't shocking that things like ping lock or a new map aren't on there

Man parachutes are still wonky pieces of poo poo and that's not on the list either, yet the compass thing is.

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

oddium posted:

This. I like the lovely VW - it gets you out of the blue, and gets you down the road far enough to find a buggy or a pickup. That's all it has to do.

They're hilarious and lovely death traps otherwise, and they're fun to watch rolling down hills while you wait for them to come into range.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
The Bus is great. Don't get me wrong, it's loving terrible, but that's what's so great about it. It's a loud, huge, slow bullet magnet. Any time your entire squad is in it you can't expect anything good to happen.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The fact that it has six seats is just begging for people from more than one team to roll around together in it.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar
The bus can take a lot of bullets before exploding too. I think it has the highest HP for a vehicle. It's good for mobile cover.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Concurred posted:

The dirt bikes and crates are the most fun parts of this game. High octane action

I was playing with a team that was doing two people flanking on bikes it was working really well. Two people would hang back and plink away while the other two would hop on bikes and around then everyone would push at once. It was a really fun strategy.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
You guys are popping one of the vans front tires right? It gets up to like 100km/h that way on roads.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Elman posted:

Man parachutes are still wonky pieces of poo poo and that's not on the list either, yet the compass thing is.

my last pecado drop i aimed for the arena roof and just barely missed it so i was hanging off the side so i cut the chute to drop down to the ground outside but instead it warps me up to the roof right above a hole so i fall all the way down to the bottom floor and take half damage.

they really should just make you immune to damage from chuting or some poo poo because there have been plenty of times where i barely fell and took 1/4 and poo poo.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Today I chuted onto a rooftop in Puerto paraiso and took damage from a flawless landing practically on top of a scar-l.

I was confused.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I take fall damage while landing from the parachute so much that I have also thought to myself "why don't these idiots just make me invulnerable until my chute is gone", but knowing this team there would 100% be corner cases were a person could land and that flag would never get triggered so they'd just run around in god mode.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Scoss posted:

I take fall damage while landing from the parachute so much that I have also thought to myself "why don't these idiots just make me invulnerable until my chute is gone", but knowing this team there would 100% be corner cases were a person could land and that flag would never get triggered so they'd just run around in god mode.

one week later chinese hackers would add it to the standard hack package and a bunch of guys would be running around trailing parachutes hip-fire headshotting everyone within a kilometer

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Today I chuted onto a rooftop in Puerto paraiso and took damage from a flawless landing practically on top of a scar-l.

I was confused.

oh yeah that happens a bunch too.

Scoss posted:

it's weird because i don't remember it happening all that often pre1.0 (i stopped playing for awhile before and during launch).

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Is there a trick to shooting uphill? To paraphrase Crash Davis, I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a fuckin' boat.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Dangerllama posted:

Is there a trick to shooting uphill? To paraphrase Crash Davis, I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a fuckin' boat.

Apparently when shooting up or down hills, your shots will hit high, so aim lower.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Why is that even a thing lol

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Bullet pick-up?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
today i stole a motorcycle from a two man team and drove away laughing, then i crashed it into the side of an rv and instead of just crashing and turning around I got stuck on the rv and exploded thanks game

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

comatose posted:

"realism"

Doorknob Slobber posted:

today i stole a motorcycle from a two man team and drove away laughing, then i crashed it into the side of an rv and instead of just crashing and turning around I got stuck on the rv and exploded thanks game

I hope they got to watch that happen in real time.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
My best bus memory is my first game on miramar with irl friends, where a dude did 2 passes trying to run us over, I killed him on the second pass and warned my friends it might roll into us. We got out of the way, about 20m from it, it hit a road barrier and flipped sideways and meteored into all 4 of us.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hellsau posted:

I hope they got to watch that happen in real time.

i hope so too because they probably got a pretty good laugh out of it

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007

Elman posted:

Does anyone else get really weird lagspikes when running into an enemy or getting shot? I mean stuff like this.

The game just randomly chokes from time to time, usually right around the time I get shot. It basically kills any chance I might have of reacting, and it happens often enough to be a pain. I think it only started after last patch?

neurotech posted:

I was getting this, and removing all my launch options from the game in Steam seems to have fixed it for me.

Conversely, I fixed the issue by adding "-USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4 -d3d10 -malloc=system -lowmemory" to the launch options.

Also seconding the dislike for the new map and feeling like there's too much open space/not enough vehicles. Re: vehicles it seems like only the covered pickup is a viable option for squads. Though I guess better players already split up into multiple vehicles so maybe its a "being bad" problem.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Half of those launch options doesn't actually do anything anymore, a quarter is for ARMA.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
On Miramar chat: it's too big and the loot is too evenly spread out

You can almost spend the entire game looting Los Leones and that's assuming you are actively looting: if you want to be totally safe you can loot slowly and stay completely hidden within the huge apartment buildings.

That's not to say I don't like it, but I think they need to add more hotspots to certain areas to keep it interesting

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

comatose posted:

You don't like bullet drop mechanics? This is how it works in real life. Shoot low uphill.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Trabisnikof posted:

New map is probably quite a ways off - last I saw, they were expecting it to take 8-9 months to generate each new map (though presumably they could hire an extra team and work on more than one at once).

oddium posted:

I appreciated this.

Henron
Feb 19, 2010

Arms held out
In your Jesus Christ pose
Cut the new map in half and it'd be actually good.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The new map is way too big. I assumed I disliked it at first because I didn't know it as well, but even now that I know where everything is I either drop with 30 other people or I drop elsewhere and don't see anyone for the first 6 circles.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
My playstyle is to loot minimally and avoid engagements until the late game, so I quite like the new map - there are tonnes of places people just don't go at the start, and at the end the final zones are often in towns with lots of cover so you get more interesting gunfights than crawling in a field.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Henron posted:

Cut the new map in half and it'd be actually good.

yeah remove all the empty space and just push all the named areas next to each other.

patonthebach
Aug 22, 2016

by R. Guyovich
New map is good, if just for the high value concrete buildings. Its nice have a good AR/sniper with level 2 vest/helmet and a scope nearly guaranteed after checking 1 or 2 of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sparticle
Oct 7, 2012

Miramar can be boring as gently caress but when firefights do happen they tend to be a lot more enjoyable than Erangel. Trees are traded for good defilade so fights are less about tree-peeking and more about movement and tactics.