Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elkyrie
Mar 18, 2014

Malachite_Dragon posted:

TDI already said there are no Papa Nier outfits, so by process of elimination...

If DevPop weren't in this game already I'd suggest their Nier outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

TDI already said there are no Papa Nier outfits, so by process of elimination...

Yonah!

Mad Surge
Oct 5, 2010

Huh, so the DLC gets its own diorama cutscenes? Now there's something I can't accidentally spoil :v:

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

You're all missing the obvious. 2B. 2 BOAR.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Are they actually high heels if your foot is built in that shape? :tinfoil:

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Maybe they’re like the rear toe on a bird’s foot and they can grasp things with them.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010

Dr. Snark posted:

I gotta agree with you; I don't know exactly how but drat if A2 doesn't make that look work.

Is it the fact that the joints/pants are also grey, maybe?

The 'joins' being gray makes a huge difference. Makes it look much more like a cohesive outfit. Give A2 a Victorian-era hat and she could pass for a weirdo Bloodborne character.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

i am tim! posted:

Maybe they’re like the rear toe on a bird’s foot and they can grasp things with them.

in case anyone is unclear, this is literally the case for raiden's cyborg body in noted work of art Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and it's rad as gently caress, much like the rest of the game

Indeterminacy
Sep 9, 2011

Excuse me, your Rabbit parts are undetached.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Are they actually high heels if your foot is built in that shape? :tinfoil:
Sure. A2 has heels, and they are high.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
In hindsight, it's too bad that the likelihood of the last costume being Emil's old one is super low. Imagine having the whole set of clothes, fists, and headgear.

The Dark Id posted:

Are rewards for the second trial are more upgrade materials

since 9S dinked around in Hacking Space for length stretches of time while we played as him

I guess someone pilfered it off his course after you died fighting

This trials is meant to test your true strength

Zagglezig fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jan 25, 2018

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Shame that, would have been a good ending to get by becoming another Top Boy: Process of [Emil]ation

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

World War Mammories posted:

in case anyone is unclear, this is literally the case for raiden's cyborg body in noted work of art Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and it's rad as gently caress, much like the rest of the game

MGR is the gold standard for uncanny valley cyborg design details, from Raiden's lower jaw to the prehensile high heels that can't possibly contain feet. I love it.

Ryushikaze
Mar 5, 2013

Brass Key posted:

MGR is the gold standard for uncanny valley cyborg design details, from Raiden's lower jaw to the prehensile high heels that can't possibly contain feet. I love it.

They're already feet, they don't need to contain other feet inside them

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
Raiden grabbing things with his high heel cyborg feets was a thing in MGS 4, and they have a sort of dramatic action zoom when he does it for the first time. Then he break dances some Metal Gears to death.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
Hey folks. Been enjoying the LP a lot, as usual. Actually, I just wanted to drop in and note that for anybody who actually cares about creaky dying gacha games, the Yoko Taro-penned scenario for Terra Battle just dropped. I haven't finished it yet, but so far it's pretty much exactly what you might expect out of a Yoko Taro-penned Terra Battle scenario, which is to say heart-wrenching combined with some "gently caress you" mechanic ideas.

That is all.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Is it out in English? For iPhones?

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

Billzasilver posted:

Is it out in English? For iPhones?

Yes for both. Terra Battle's been out for a while, actually. Terra Battle 2 has also been out for a while.

Don't get Terra Battle 2.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I'll suffer a shittty gatcha for Yoko Taro. Hell I voluntary play fatego

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Dragomorph posted:

Yes for both. Terra Battle's been out for a while, actually. Terra Battle 2 has also been out for a while.

Don't get Terra Battle 2.

Legendary Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi and his studio Mistwalker Corporation are continuing to work on his successful JRPG Terra Battle, and just celebrated 2.7 million downloads worldwide.

To celebrate in style, Sakaguchi-san announced that Terra Battle will get a new world and questline by an exceptional team. NieR: Automata Director Yoko Taro will do the writing, the game’s composer Keiichi Okabe will create the soundtrack, and The Last Story Character Designer Kimihiko Fujisaka will handle the character design.

https://www.dualshockers.com/terra-battle-hironobu-sakaguchi-yoko-taro-new-story/

I think you undersold this.

Edit, I have no idea how to get to the event itself.

YOTC fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 26, 2018

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

YOTC posted:

Legendary Final Fantasy creator Hironobu Sakaguchi and his studio Mistwalker Corporation are continuing to work on his successful JRPG Terra Battle, and just celebrated 2.7 million downloads worldwide.

To celebrate in style, Sakaguchi-san announced that Terra Battle will get a new world and questline by an exceptional team. NieR: Automata Director Yoko Taro will do the writing, the game’s composer Keiichi Okabe will create the soundtrack, and The Last Story Character Designer Kimihiko Fujisaka will handle the character design.

https://www.dualshockers.com/terra-battle-hironobu-sakaguchi-yoko-taro-new-story/

I think you undersold this.

Edit, I have no idea how to get to the event itself.

I generally try not to OVERSELL gacha games as a whole because, well, gacha games. But yeah. It's in some ways better than other gacha games, some ways exactly the same even with the pedigrees.

The event should be under "Challenges" under the Arena button and is just called Arachnobot's Tale. You might have to go through tutorial stuff a bit first.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Dragomorph posted:

I generally try not to OVERSELL gacha games as a whole because, well, gacha games. But yeah. It's in some ways better than other gacha games, some ways exactly the same even with the pedigrees.

The event should be under "Challenges" under the Arena button and is just called Arachnobot's Tale. You might have to go through tutorial stuff a bit first.

Yeah, the first part of the event is lvl 25 so to see it at this point you'd have to grind like a madman over the next 33 days before the event goes away. Though they have some new player 'here have a good healer so you dont die every match' bonus going on.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Why do I want terra battle 1 and not 2?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Sequelitis, I'd assume.

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

Say, why is it ticking?

Billzasilver posted:

Why do I want terra battle 1 and not 2?

Terra Battle 2 is a lot of interesting ideas very poorly executed, rolled out in a package that probably should've stayed in the oven another several months or so. They just launched it mid-last year or so and they're already planning Terra Battle 3, so that should give a pretty good idea of how badly the pooch got screwed on that one.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Some quality OC by my friend

Magil of Shadow
Dec 28, 2009

Proposal: Form a friendly relationship immediately.

"You have GOT to be kidding me"

Nina posted:

Some quality OC by my friend

....this fits so well, it HURTS.

"They're animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. Not just the men...but the women, and the Stubbies, too. They’re like animals, and I slaughtered them like animals. I hate them!"

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Is that Anakin? I never saw the prequel trilogy.
But yeah, it mostly fits.

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

Ryushikaze posted:

They're already feet, they don't need to contain other feet inside them

Yeah that's what I mean, at first glance it looks like a dude in a battlesuit and then you're like "...wait, just how much of him is left in there?"

Poor Raiden, just a skull and a spine in a support rig.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

Brass Key posted:

Yeah that's what I mean, at first glance it looks like a dude in a battlesuit and then you're like "...wait, just how much of him is left in there?"

Poor Raiden, just a skull and a spine in a support rig.

Most of a skull. The jaw is definitely gone.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Sorry updates have been slow. My life is a goddamn trainwreck at the moment. For some content there will be a stream of Kingdom Hearts - Re:Coded happening in lieu of even entertaining President Dipshit's State of the Union. So come check that out if it's your sorta scene. And if you can't make it, I'll upload a VOD to YouTube.

9:00 PM EST here later tonight.

https://twitter.com/TheDarkId/status/957697396380700673

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8EQxybWuI

The Dark Id fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jan 31, 2018

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

So last update people were wondering what 2B's alternate costume was going to be. Obviously we've run out of main characters, except for 1. Now we know what the B stands for. Or E standing for encyclopedia

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FeyerbrandX posted:

So last update people were wondering what 2B's alternate costume was going to be. Obviously we've run out of main characters, except for 1. Now we know what the B stands for. Or E standing for encyclopedia

:aaa:

Well done!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

This is what happens when you take a mobile cash-in with a filler excuse plot, remake it into a DS game, and then remake it again, this time stripping out the gameplay and presenting only the filler excuse plot as a "movie" in order to pad out the content on your overpriced HD collection that will be obsolete in a year or two when the Ultra Complete 4K Collection Double Pack comes out. you get the oroboros that is Re:Coded HD.

Good luck with whatever life issues are getting you down, no need to rush.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Re:Coded is unironically my second-favorite KH game, behind KH2. :shrug: I seem to be the only person with such a high opinion of it.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

I hear good things about the gameplay but the plot is so much nothing leading up to the hook "hey play our gacha mobile game one day".

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
You play Re:Coded to get Kingdom Hearts 1 worlds on your DS with a fun customize system, and for no other reason at all. This is the same reason you play 358/2 Days.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
358/2 Days has the best story in the series (which admittedly isn't saying much), but being on the DS really hamstrung how involved they could make the gameplay. Customization doesn't mean much when the fights themselves aren't very fun.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

KamikazePotato posted:

358/2 Days has the best story in the series (which admittedly isn't saying much), but being on the DS really hamstrung how involved they could make the gameplay. Customization doesn't mean much when the fights themselves aren't very fun.

The fight during the credits literally doing the fight from Deep Dive was awesome.

pulsor93
Mar 3, 2015

KamikazePotato posted:

I'd see your 358/2 Days, and raise you a Birth by Sleep.

That said, its tragically ironic in hindsight how Days reflects certain aspects of NiER. Especially when it comes to the fates of Xion and Nier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Momomo posted:

You play Re:Coded to get Kingdom Hearts 1 worlds on your DS with a fun customize system, and for no other reason at all. This is the same reason you play 358/2 Days.

Days had a really nifty co-op mode. Sadly it was only local

• Locked thread