Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
The most terrifying of all villains, Can't Stop making GBS threads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm just gonna go with the flow for now. We'll see exactly what it is that Mr. Twinkles cannot stop doing.

PMush Perfect posted:

:allears:

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love
It's ok, Team Rainy Day will wash the poop away.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

What a great chapter. If this series transitioned to full-on slice of life I wouldn't mind one bit.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

PMush Perfect posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3vBMmcXSMw

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

For a moment there, I thought this was going to end in a different sort of confession.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Mr. Fowl posted:

For a moment there, I thought this was going to end in a different sort of confession.

I really loved Deku's completely nonplussed facial expressions during that entire segment.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Radish posted:

I don't think so because narrator Deku speaking from the end of the story is talking abut how they became good friends. I think it was an honest fake out.

They became good friends doesn't mean things stayed that way forever

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
My Hero Academia: But making GBS threads Himself Doesn't NOT Mean He's A Criminal Genius!

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapter/my-hero-academia-vigilantes-chapter-22/6599?read=1

New Vigilantes.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Is viz the only place to read it? Kissmanga only has up to chapter 15 but trying to read viz's site on a tablet is awful.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zerilan posted:

Is viz the only place to read it? Kissmanga only has up to chapter 15 but trying to read viz's site on a tablet is awful.

Can't you look at it on their ap? I dunno if you need a subscription to use it or not and it's good for phone views.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://imgur.com/a/h6lC9 imgur mirror

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Thank you. That makes it much easier to read (since I can't see Viz in my country).

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

aw poo poo

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So while the main series is deflating any tension it gained from the last chapter, Vigilantes is ramping up tension in a plotline that's been ongoing since the start of the manga. Nice. I really like the dynamic these two comics have, when one is getting stale or has a weak chapter the other is there to pick up the slack.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I don't really agree that the main comic is having weak chapters. We literally just got out of a ridiculously long and boring "high tension" everybody fighting all the time arc. It's okay to have some breather time to focus on character development that isn't delivered via flashback during a moment of crisis.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm not super high on MHA but I don't think the latest couple of chapters were weak, they weren't as good as Bakugo kidsitting, but this latest chapter makes the end of the one before it strange. Felt like it was building up to something and Horikoshi chickened out almost.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I couldn't agree less, if you got more tension than silly confusion out of that chapter then I dunno what to tell you.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SatansBestBuddy posted:

So while the main series is deflating any tension it gained from the last chapter, Vigilantes is ramping up tension in a plotline that's been ongoing since the start of the manga. Nice. I really like the dynamic these two comics have, when one is getting stale or has a weak chapter the other is there to pick up the slack.

Oh so Vigilantes was bad this week? That's a shame, but I guess spinoffs can be hit or miss.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Terper posted:

I couldn't agree less, if you got more tension than silly confusion out of that chapter then I dunno what to tell you.

Mate, someone stood in the window looking over you sleeping is horror movie tension 101.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
It's called a juke. A head fake. A stutter step. A red herring.

Defender: you.
Guy with ball: horikoshi.

Incoming egg on my face when sparkles is the traitor.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Mate, someone stood in the window looking over you sleeping is horror movie tension 101.

Yeah but it was weird cheese man Aoyama, in an ending page with lots of vague wording which made me think it had to be a fakeout. Potentially a double fakeout though when chapters later it turns out we've been had and he actually was the traitor all along!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the traitor's been a hanging plot thread for so long that making a fakeout for it is a little annoying

it was a fun chapter but I wish he'd get on with it already

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The whole traitor plot is one of the least interesting ideas in the comic and I don't think Horikoshi even knows what he wants to do with it. It was introduced pretty early but it's had 0 development at all, except potentially the last two chapters if it does turn out to be Aoyama. I'd say it's a noticeably weak part of the series but it's basically nonexistant so I don't even know if I should call it that because it barely feels like that story has started.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Maybe there is no traitor and the villains have just been watching everyone's twitter feed to know where they are and what they're doing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

not having a traitor at all would be fine too but, again, I wish they'd mention it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Nuebot posted:

Maybe there is no traitor and the villains have just been watching everyone's twitter feed to know where they are and what they're doing.

This would actually be really cool. Make it a whole observation network monitoring Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the whole time it was just a gacha game on their phone tracking their gps

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What kinds of Twitter/Tumblr/Facebook do you think everyone would have?

Tsuyu probably has a really cute aesthetic nature blog. Ochako shares encouraging messages and cute twee stories on Facebook. Kirishima has a workout blog. Mineta's blogs get blocked by the school content filters.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Kild posted:

the whole time it was just a gacha game on their phone tracking their gps

They took over the pokemon gym at the secret training grounds and the villain alliance just could not abide by that.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

PMush Perfect posted:

Tsuyu probably has a really cute aesthetic nature blog. Ochako shares encouraging messages and cute twee stories on Facebook. Kirishima has a workout blog. Mineta's blogs get blocked by the school content filters.

Deku'd probably use the blog to digitize the contents of those notebooks in case they all get destroyed in a fire

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 29, 2018

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

PMush Perfect posted:

Mineta's blog is always moving because of ToS violations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Aoyama could still be the traitor possibly- mostly just because it still seemed to hint there's more to him than what was shown.

Anything narrated by Midoriya himself though is always suspicious because he's always loving wrong or exaggerating.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i always thought it was kinda weird how everybody agreed that a traitor was the only way the villains could be tracking them in a setting where 99% of people have superpowers.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Fabricated posted:

Aoyama could still be the traitor possibly- mostly just because it still seemed to hint there's more to him than what was shown.

Anything narrated by Midoriya himself though is always suspicious because he's always loving wrong or exaggerating.

"We became good friends after that!"

Aoyama is going to try to murder Deku.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Inflammatory posted:

i always thought it was kinda weird how everybody agreed that a traitor was the only way the villains could be tracking them in a setting where 99% of people have superpowers.

Quirks have limits (being theoretically biological). Since Principal Nezu is superintelligent and leads and institution dedicated to teaching people how to use their Quirks effectively and seems reasonably certain there's a traitor, I'm willing to accept his implicit judgment that no Quirk could be good enough to gather all of the relevant information without being a student or staff member.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Can someone explain this 'traitor' thing to me? I don't really remember it even being a major plot point, and I thought it had already been resolved or w/e

I can't tell if this thread has just gone down some crazy rabbit hole, or if it's actually supposed to be a plot point.. because.. I thought it was just some one off thing that happened awhile back and was solved, but I'm not sure.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

hell astro course posted:

Can someone explain this 'traitor' thing to me? I don't really remember it even being a major plot point, and I thought it had already been resolved or w/e

I can't tell if this thread has just gone down some crazy rabbit hole, or if it's actually supposed to be a plot point.. because.. I thought it was just some one off thing that happened awhile back and was solved, but I'm not sure.

It's a big ongoing thing since the veerrry first appearance of the Villain Alliance, when they somehow learned that All Might was going to be at the training session at USJ. When the training camp was attacked, it became extremely obvious that someone on the inside was giving the VA information. Since the location was a closely-kept secret.

The "have all the students sleep in dorms" idea is stated to be part of the Principal's plan to expose the traitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

hell astro course posted:

It's not really a "major" plot point in the sense that it doesn't really get continued focus and none of the kids, our viewpoint characters, care about it. But the teachers have brought it up enough between arcs that it is certainly a thing that exists and is slowly (too slowly probably) being built towards.

Maybe in hindsight i'll be wrong, but it also feels like there's been 0 foreshadowing for it except maybe the last 2 chapters so whenever it gets brought up it's just people throwing ideas at all the wall from nowhere and trying to enforce evidence upon them.