Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Maybe the author's intent is to give you swirlies after class lets out for accusing our sparkly friend of bad things.

Leave em alone, you bullies.:qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The captions for stain were ominous as hell lol

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I'm just gonna go with the flow for now. We'll see exactly what it is that Mr. Twinkles cannot stop doing.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'm just gonna go with the flow for now. We'll see exactly what it is that Mr. Twinkles cannot stop doing.

It's traitoring, it's his fetish.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

force feeding cheese to his crush and then watching him sleep

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Nah, I'm thinking this is a fake-out. He had a big re-motivating moment in the license exam so he's just stalking Midoriya to learn how to be a better hero, since Deku is pretty clearly the best hero candidate in class atm.

He's going to learn a lesson about having faith in his own abilities and grow as a person, you'll see. Or he'll end up stalking in the same tree as Toga and get stab-murdered.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I'm glad that I CANNOT STOP TWINKLING now has the chance to make some real friends.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Sam Faust posted:

I'm glad that I CANNOT STOP TWINKLING now has the chance to make some real friends.

This is true, regardless of which way the wind blows. Good point.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fabricated posted:

Endeavour trying to be better is perfectly fine. I kinda hope Shouto didn't ever really forgive him, or good forbid his mom moves home.

Basically any redemption is kinda gross because his wife is still forcefully institutionalized, but there's no way we were getting out of this manga without Endeavors arc.

I'm pretty sure they said at some point that his mom is voluntarily in the hospital. Like Endeavor put her there at first but she stayed there of her own volition.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Is... is Jiro chewing on her own ear extension as a concentration aid?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Kanos posted:

I'm pretty sure they said at some point that his mom is voluntarily in the hospital. Like Endeavor put her there at first but she stayed there of her own volition.

Also it was her choice to pour boiling water on a kid. She likley does not want to leave until she feels well.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Dragonatrix posted:

The biggest thing that came out of that, by far, was Todoroki becoming the hand-crusher because he felt guilty for that and Deku being, well, early manga Deku and blowing up his own arm. Again.

And that also hasn't really come up since. :v:

When Mineta touches another classmate inappropriately again, a new masked hero makes his Debut "Hand-crusher"!

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Apraxin posted:

Is... is Jiro chewing on her own ear extension as a concentration aid?

I'd imagine it wouldn't be too dissimilar to chewing on one's own fingernail.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Deku is like the worst narrator ever, he blows everything out of proportion.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

idk if someone fed me cheese that would be pretty alright with me

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
For one brief second, I thought it was Uraraka feeding him cheese.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The last chapter is going to be old(er) Deku narrating all this to a bunch of kids, who are going to ask why he exaggerated and foreshadowed things going much worse than they did. Then he's going to get flustered and say that he thought it was really bad when it was happening or something, while the camera pans out to older Ochako talking with someone else about how things went over the years.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Elfgames posted:

Deku is like the worst narrator ever, he blows everything out of proportion.

This manga started with him saying he was going to become the greatest hero ever, so I wonder how that is actually going to turn out.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Rhonne posted:

This manga started with him saying he was going to become the greatest hero ever, so I wonder how that is actually going to turn out.

He'll be Stain

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it was a translation error, he meant that he'll make the greatest hero ever, and the last comic will be deku opening a deli

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
yall forgot when the narrator was talking about iida during the stain arc and made it seem like he was gonna heel turn during that arc

aoyama is a sweet pure boy and not the traitor and saved everyone except baku during the field trp

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Rhonne posted:

He ends up as a pretty okay hero, ranked 10 or so.

The new Nº1 hero is, of course, our boy Bakugou "Lord Explosion Murder" Katsuki.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

wtf is going on

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

drjuggalo posted:

yall forgot when the narrator was talking about iida during the stain arc and made it seem like he was gonna heel turn during that arc

aoyama is a sweet pure boy and not the traitor and saved everyone except baku during the field trp

iida never stared creepily through deku's window while he sleeps

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Aurora posted:

iida never stared creepily through deku's window while he sleeps

As far as we know.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yeah that's actually a scary thought, traitor or not. How long has Aoyama been doing this without us seeing?

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Aoyama’s quirk is actually Hard Light projection and Invisible Girl is actually a construct of his.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Are people not remembering that by Iida confronting Stain it led to the capture of Stain and his anti-hero philosophy being broadcast on tv. There would not have been a new batch of villains wanting to join the villain alliance if they didn't see that broadcast, and it is because of the new recruits that the villain alliance were even able to launch an assault on the training camp which led to the capture of Bakugou and the final confrontation of All Might and All-for-One.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Hm. I guess it did have larger-scale implications.
Ty for the reminder.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's been a hot minute, what exactly happened during the camp arc that made him obvious in hindsight?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

He was missing for the entire attack with no explanation given.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
The explanation given was that he was terrified and hiding in a bush.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's been a hot minute, what exactly happened during the camp arc that made him obvious in hindsight?

He was hiding in the bushes panicking about what he should do. At the end he does fire a beam to save the captured students(besides bakugou), but he was still hiding and the villains didn't know where the beam came from.

Ever since there's been a theory that he was the traitor, and was having second thoughts but not enough to brazenly turn against his villain allies.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh huh, fair enough then. Thanks for the reminder!

What if his true colors are that he's paranoid and has found out there's a traitor and he's trying to figure out who it is? It would lead into a arc about it pretty well as explain away the red herring.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jan 21, 2018

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
That would be dumb and bad writing.
Don't have your narrator actively misled the audience.

Which I doubt will happen shonen are not known for twists.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
He was also missing during the USJ attack. He even called attention to it, though that's not the sort of thing a (good) spy/traitor would do.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aoyama saved Tokoyami and almost saved Bakugou during the training camp, and recently in the license exam he intended on sacrificing himself in order to allow Iida to pass and while doing this we got a small look into his thoughts which make it pretty clear he wasn't doing this just to keep up appearances or anything.

Of course, everything about how Horikoshi has handled the whole traitor sub-plot makes me think he never really put too much thought into it so maybe his ideas have changed since then. I don't buy this reveal though, the chapter's obviously setting it up as a big reveal but they don't actually show anything incriminating or even use incriminating terminology in the ominous narration.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Aoyama saved Tokoyami and almost saved Bakugou during the training camp, and recently in the license exam he intended on sacrificing himself in order to allow Iida to pass and while doing this we got a small look into his thoughts which make it pretty clear he wasn't doing this just to keep up appearances or anything.

Yeah, this is the big reason I'm somewhat doubtful this is meant to reveal him as the traitor, myself. Those moments don't fit that at all and it's tricky to reconcile them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

is it? he has doubt about whether he can be a hero and waffles back and forth on it. I don't think anything he's done has made him being the traitor impossible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hentai Tentacle Demon
Apr 12, 2002

Spacy Spicy Love

Rhonne posted:

I just hope this arc gives some focus to some of the lesser used students. Give Alien Queen more screen time!

:same:

Alien Queen best grill